Season 3 (Wild Card Playoffs) - Deadline is 11pm CST SAT 3/30

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Mar 28, 2013.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Get after it!
    [​IMG]

2. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

3. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Good luck to everyone that made the playoffs!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. klhart49

klhart49 Walk On

The Daily News, Jacksonville:

It was a heartbreaking day for Jaguar fans as they watched their season end on a game-winning field goal against San Diego at the end of regulation. Jacksonville was in an excellent position to win the game late, inside the Chargers' 5 yard line with about a minute left in the game. They were trying to run out the clock and take the lead late when Philip Rivers threw an interception at the goal line on 3rd down. Then, when it looked like the Jaguar defense was going to stop San Diego and force a punt after calling timeouts to stop the clock, Jeremy Mincey was called for roughing the passer on third down, keeping the drive alive. The Chargers then went on the attack, got into field goal position, and won the game.

Coach Hart was obviously upset after the game. "We screwed up today. We blew it. And now we have to live with that for the next 7 months until the next season starts." When asked about the play calling late he offered the following explanation: "We ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down, and we weren't going anywhere. They knew what we wanted to do and they were ready for it. My gut was telling me to run the ball on 3rd down anyway, but I talked myself out of it. I thought we needed to get in the end zone there, so we called a pass. I had an uneasy feeling when we lined up for that play, and I should have called a timeout to think things over more. But I didn't. You can blame Philip for the interception, but I should have done a better job there. I ignored my instincts."

The spotlight shines brighter in the playoffs, and every decision gets scrutinized. Coach Hart was also asked about the decision to call timeouts when San Diego was just trying to run out the clock and go to overtime following the interception. "We had good field position, and there was still about a minute left. I knew that if we could force a 3 and out and get the punt that we'd be in good position to maybe get a couple first downs and kick a game winning field goal. And the plan worked, we forced them into throwing on third down and we forced an incomplete pass. We were poised to get the ball around our own 40 with just under a minute left and one timeout. Unfortunately we got flagged for roughing the passer, and then we couldn't stop them after that. It just wasn't our day today."

Indeed it wasn't the Jaguars' day today, as they struggled in a lot of areas, including dropped passes, missed receivers and dropped interceptions. The most costly failure however was the inability to cover Akia Green, who burned the Jacksonville defense with 2 touchdowns and over 100 yards receiving on just 4 catches. The Jaguars came in determined to stop the running game, but they couldn't match up against the skilled receivers of San Diego.

Despite the disappointing loss, the Jags have a lot to be proud of. First year coach Kevin Hart took over for a team that went 4-12 last year and delivered a 10-win season and an AFC South crown. He returned optimism to the city of Jacksonville, and reinvigorated a franchise that many people thought might be on the move. Now he has to find a way to put this painful loss behind him and focus on his first NFL offseason. There is still a lot of room for improvement with this team, but despite the unfortunate way this season ended there's little doubt that the future is bright for Jacksonville Jaguars football.

5. Crunk_Ness

Crunk_Ness Walk On

Cardinals advance to the next round as their defense forces RGIII to throw 3 picks on the road!
    7[​IMG] @ [​IMG]33
    [​IMG]
    wc.png wc_stats.png wc_stats1.png

• Like Like x 1