Season 4 (2012) Scores

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Jan 10, 2010.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Season 4 (2012) Scores

ND 42
    Rutgers 28

This started off like it was going to be a repeat of last year's game. Rutgers drove down the field, but an int by new starting SS Kevin Crosby stopped them just short. An ND interception let Rutgers drive to take a 7-0 lead.

Dayne Crist would be lights out from that point on, going for 4 TD's, 0 Int's and 300+ yards. John Goodman had a breakout performance at WR, and Deon Spence caught 2 balls for TD's. My rsFr TE Mike Gardner got knocked out of the game in the 2nd quarter and Tyler Eifert had a nice game.

On defense, true freshman nickel back Mike Weeks picked off a pass in the 2nd quarter of his first game. 25 different players had tackles in the game. Manti Te'o had a few cruicial 3rd down stops.

Game stayed very close until later in the 3rd quater. Then I subbed in the 2nd string a little too early. Up 21 with the ball going into the 4th quarter, I thought it was a good time to sub in. After a punt and a long TD pass by Rutgers, I was only up 14 with 4 mins left. Fortunately I recovered the onside kick attempt and was able to run the ball. And in his first action, QB Devin Archie was a solid 4/5 for 50 yards. Ended up punching in a TD to put the game away.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Nebraska - 24
    Florida - 23

Not really happy about this one, so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    This sounds perverse, but I would like to try to run the fleXbox One on that defense.:)

5. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Nice comment.

6. jello1717

This Nebraska - Florida game sounds intriguing now! I wanna hear some details!

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Damn, What did I score on you last season Jello? 10? I might be lucky to score 3 this season it looks like. In fact, a safety is probably more likely haha.

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

As far as I know he is upset about the following play.

I came out in a regular play formation on 4th and short at my 46 in the second quarter. You do not know my intentions before a play is called so do not accuse me of something before hand. I thought it would be perfectly legal to try and draw you offsides and just run the playclock down.

But this had no bearing on the outcome of the game anyway. I punted. You ended the first half with a 20-0 lead.

I'm hoping you are just upset about not closing out the game with a win. If not, you should send me private messages if you have a problem. Reading your comment gives me the impression you are insuating much more in my game.

9. jello1717

Wow! Nice comeback Wildcatter! I really want some details now! Outscoring the defending champs 24-3 in the 2nd half is impressive as hell!

10. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Click on the Quote to take you to the game summary.

11. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

DRAMA........:p

12. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Ya that would definitely piss anyone off... friendly game or not, losing a 20 point lead, I would either need to take a 48 hour break from the NCAA and this board, or wind up putting my keyboard through my monitor "expressing" my distaste for the game.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Has nothing to do with the punt man. More to do with gameplay, which I'll PM you about whenever I feel like it.

Not really sure why I can't just post the score and be allowed to be pissed off about the game. Should I really go on a public rant? No.

14. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

I'm not going to comment any further. But I will defend my gameplay if needed.

The game was a tale of two halves. Good defense and sloppy offensive play dominated this one. In the first half, Nebraska was forced to punt twice, fumbled and had an interception. Coach WC was shell shocked as he had not punted in his last 3 user games.

In the second half, Nebraska was able to finally put a scoring drive together and right the ship. The defense stepped up getting a couple crucial interceptions and forced punts to keep the Huskers in the game.

Of course this one was decided on the final drive. Nebraska received the ball deep in its territory and was able to drive down the field to kick a game winning FG.

UF-Neb has now played two times both ending in last second FG's to decide the outcome.

15. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

This is gonna get interesting, he usually never complains about gameplay unless it really pisses him off. I remember when he went off on our FSU Miami game. Things are likely to pick up here soon. :sheep:

16. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yeah, I don't deal with drama very well. I would prefer you to send me what you have to say and let me give you my feedback. Then we can either move forward or not.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

There is no drama! Good god guys -- Nebraska won. I'm not throwin the game out or anything like that. I don't feel like talking about it tonight because I am still pretty pissed off, and it would not benefit anyone if I sent a pm to you right now Wildcatter.

18. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

That's fine. I'm going to PM you my email address and you can shoot me a message whenever.

19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Ok, enough drama.

Mississippi State - 42
    Army - 28

Honestly, this game was far closer than the score ended up.

In the first quarter, Army came out and started driving the field. From there own 38, they had a 4th and 1. In the fleXbox One with an average kicker, that is four down territory. MSU however managed to stuff the FB trap and get the turnover. The Bulldogs then try to move the ball with little success and end up kicking back to Army.
    After a 62 yard run from Army HB Brigham, the score is 7-0. MSU drives and scores on a Bulldog Heavy QB run. Army gets the ball back, struggles and has to throw on 3rd down... throws a pick six (in Denards defense, I pressed X instead of Y). After a short Army drive, MSU gets the ball back and Army scores on a fumble return for TD. Both teams will score another TD in the first half to end the half 21-21.

In the second half, the Bulldogs just outplay Army. Army cannot stop the MSU passing game, and all it takes is Army struggling on one drive and throwing an interception to give MSU a nice early season win.

Overall, it was a good game...I just couldn't stop MSU passing. I held there starting running back to 20-50 2.5 ypc, but my pass defense was non-existent. Max did a good job stopping the Flex, Army was held to less than 300 yards rushing (average from last season was 450 yards per game). I need to figure out the passing game. Unfortunately that is usually a function of talent.:)

20. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Yep, pretty good game overall. New QB Tyler Russell is pretty good, and my receivers made a couple catches I thought they couldn't make. Still, the O-line looks pretty weak and I still cannot get my running game going, whether I'm running sweeps, options, or inside runs, I still can't do anything. Luckily, I didn't throw any interceptions in this game (Army dropped an easy one). Not as crazy as last season's game, but it was still a fun one.

21. jello1717

Don't defend that damned traitor! If he had stayed @ Michigan, he'd be coached up enough not to make those kinds of interceptions, he would've started almost all of last year, and he wouldn't have to dodge bullets for 4 years after he graduates!

Screw him for not being able to make good decisions!

22. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Must really hurt you, knowing that a kid would be willing to put his life in jeopardy to get out of having you as a coach. :D

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha...so he should have stayed and been Tate "Ouch, I'm hurt again" Forcier's backup instead of rushing for 1000 yards twice so far? Then, he gets a great career as an Army officer...instead of playing in the Arena league for 3 years and then working at CostCo?

Shaun

24. jello1717

If he had stayed:
    1. He would probably have played as much as Forcier.
    2. Could very possibly have become the starter. He was just scared of a little competition and obviously didn't think he was good enough to compete with Forcier.

If he wanted to rush for 1000 yards, he should played as a HB.

25. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I'm curious to see how JHeb's game finished out. The last I "saw" of it, it was tied 35-35 going into the fourth quarter, and I haven't seen the final score. Seems like it was a good game.