Season 4 2013 Twist's Crystall Balls

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by vBIG SLICKv, Nov 26, 2010.

1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

Since Twist is one of the user games this week, I will put my crystal balls on the line.

There are two users games this week: Ohio State vs Oklahoma and North Carolina vs Minnesota

Ohio State vs Oklahoma takes place in Oklahoma. Twist as always will have The Sooners ready and is loaded with talent to make a run at the National Championship this year. The Buckeyes are being lead by SOPH-RS Walters who is just a beast. I believe the Sooners defense will be the difference in the game.
    The Sooners win in a close one 27-24

North Carolina vs Minnesota. North Carolina is still going through growing pains. Under the leadership of Vandermint the tar heels are headed in the right direction to become a contender. However, Coach Beazus has already went through this process with Minnesota and has them ready to contend for the Big 10 title and a BCS National Championship now.
    The Golden Gophers win this one going away big 45-17

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I agree, the Sooners that stayed want to send a message to the players who left, and Minnesota ma have just too much talent for UNC to handle

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Gotta go with my Big 10:
    Ohio St- 31
    Oklahoma- 21

Minnesota- 35
    UNC- 14

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'm gonna go with Beazus in a close win over Vandermint. Minnesota has been tough under coach Beazus and he should be able to pull out the win.

Minnesota 35
    UNC 28

5. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Week 4:

2 user games:
    Texas at Ohio State
    Washington State at UCLA

1. OSU vs Texas:

I wish we could spectate on this one. OSU just demolished OU with a potent running and Vickers catching the ball all over the field. Texas, is still a powerhouse with the loss of Whaley, but are still getting to gel with their new line mates. I am picking the score of last years regular season game.

OSU: 38 Texas: 35

2. WSU vs UCLA: Cougar has really improved the WSU roster and I think that even though UCLA may look stronger on paper, the Cougars pull off the upset: 28-24

6. gowazzucougs

I think Texas will win the rubber match between these might schools, as for the WSU v. UCLA game of course I am picking my school. If UCLA has a secondary like Nebraska it might be a long day for Connor Halliday and the Cougs

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

OSU vs Texas - I think the buckeyes extract a measure of revenge for the BCS title game loss. OSU 35 Texas 24

WSU vs UCLA - unless perry turns the ball over quite a bit I don't see the cougars being able to get enough stops to win. UCLA 42 WSU 20

8. Hokie Effect

Big 10 love again...
    OSU- 38
    Texas- 28

UCLA- 27
    WSU- 14

9. vBIG SLICKv

Texas will need all of the new faces on offense to come together and have a great game to pull this one out. Texas starts 3 new guys on the o-linge, a new HB, and a new QB.

Coug has WSU on the right track, but I believe UCLA still has the better team and pulls out the victory 31-17

10. Twister18

Week 6:

Penn State (Hokie) vs Minnesota (Beazus)

The Lions have lost alot of vets over the past 2 seasons and will it effect their game vs Minnesota? I think that M. Gray is gonna have a monster game and the Gophers will upset the Lions 35-31.

11. Dru50

That PSU team is loaded with speed this year, and unfortunately I don't think the Beavers have the athletes to keep up.

PSU 42
    Minn 30

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I think Leon plays above his squad's talent to keep it close but Hokie wins the match. It will be a close battle and an offensive shootout is a possibility, or maybe even a likelihood.

Penn State 42
    Minnesota 35

13. vBIG SLICKv

I'm going with the upset.....the golden gophers will pull out the biggest win under the direction of beazus and beat the lions in happy valley.

Minnesota - 38
    Penn State - 35

14. gowazzucougs

What I have been told about PSU offense, I wouldn't want to play the Nittany Lions, they have too many weapons. Minnesota really needs beat PSU or OSU if it is ever going to the next level. I will pick PSU, but it will be close and in overtime.

15. Twister18

Week 7 is here!!

3 user games:

1. UCLA (PP) vs UNC (Vandy): I think Vandy is going in the right direction but not quite be able to handle the UCLA passing attack.

UCLA: 38 Vandy: 28

2. Notre Dame (Basis) vs USC (Cole): I think this is a high scoring game, if both coaches decide to unleash their passing attack. I am picking the upset here as home field advantage will be a huge factor in the Trojans wrapping up the Irish!

USC: 45 ND: 35

3. OSU (brave) vs PSU (hokie): This gonna be a war! The running game battle will be tough as OSU has Smith and Vickers against Redd nd Bolden of PSU. I think the key factor is QB Larry Walters. OSU has the advatage here and will win 24-21.

16. Hokie Effect

UCLA- 31
    UNC- 21

USC- 35
    Notre Dame- 24

Not going to comment about the big matchup with Ohio State, but I will say I have a few tricks that I have been saving....

17. vBIG SLICKv

UCLA - 42
    UNC - 17

USC - 31
    ND - 24

OSU - 45
    PSU - 27

18. Dru50

UCLA vs UNC - I think Vandermint's defense is pretty strong, but he doesn't quite have the weapons to shoot it out with Perry. Without some help in the turnover battle, I think this is the Bruins game to lose. UCLA 35 UNC 24

USC vs Notre Dame - The talent should favor the Trojans, but it sounds like Cole isn't sold on his QB and that could spell trouble. Still, when in doubt I stick with the talent. USC 24 ND 17

OSU vs PSU - I don't see PSU stopping the Buckeyes from scoring, the question will be whether Brave can get a lead and force Hokie to get away from the option running game. I think he does. OSU 42 PSU 31

19. gowazzucougs

I like UCLA, and PSU with the victories

20. Twister18

Week 5 features some big-time user battles:
    Penn State/Ohio State
    North Carolina/Florida State
    Oklahoma/Texas

1. Penn State vs Ohio State: OSU (brave) coming off a hard loss to FSU will be coming out gunning for Penn State (Hokie) as 2 losses will likely spell an end to his NC hopes. Hokie barely got past USC and with the loss of his 2 RBs will be hard pressed to stop the Buckeyes:

Prediction: OSU: 31 PSU: 21

2. North Carolina vs Florida State: Coach Vandy has an awesome athlete in QB Craft and he will present problems for Coach Dru and the Defense but the TarHeel D is gonna be outmatched by the Seminole O.

Prediction: FSU: 38 UNC: 17

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Penn State/Ohio State - I don't predict games that I'm playing in.

Oklahoma/Texas - Texas has the edge on talent but is coming off a loss against USC. They will need to rebound against Oklahoma but I think the Longhorns manage to win a close game.

North Carolina/Florida State - The Seminoles are coming off a big win against Ohio State and look like a team poised to run the table. North Carolina has played well this season but I think Seminoles win the game.

22. Dru50

PSU vs OSU - I think brave bounces back to win vs the Nittany Lions in this one. If he mixes in the run a bit more to keep the PSU defense honest and is smart with his passing, I'm not sure how Hokie gets the stops he'll need to win. Plus, the PSU ground game seems very pedestrian this year, as QB Robert Bolden is the leading rusher in carries and yards and his top HB is averaging less than 4 ypc I think.
    OSU 35, PSU 28

Oklahoma vs Texas - Texas has won about 3 bazillion straight games in the Big 12 and I hear they are renaming the conference 'The Longhorns and the other 11 Sheep' next season. Sorry, but until someone beats Slick, he's the pick.
    Texas 38, OU 31

North Carolina vs Florida St - I'm not picking a winner, just hoping for a good clean game with no injuries on either side.

23. gowazzucougs

Penn State v. Ohio State-A Buckeye win will get them back in the running of the NC, but I don't think it is going to happen-PSU 38 OSU 31

Oklahoma v. Texas-As long as Texas has all the talent, I will keep picking Texas

UNC v. FSU-I don't think UNC has the horses take down FSU, it may be close for a half, but FSU will pull away

24. Twister18

Week 8: Season 5

1. UCLA vs FSU: Coach Perry has the Bruins firing on all cylinders and will give the Seminoles a battle but I think that Coach Dru and his QB Newby will eek out a win against the mighty Bruins.

FSU: 38 UCLA: 31

2. Texas vs Nebraska: Classic Big 12 matchup as Coach Redheads Huskers look to upset the mighty Longhorns and their humongous conference winning streak. Brent Wright will keep the Huskers in the game but Texas is just too much and the streak goes on!

UT: 31 Nebraska: 21

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have to agree with you on both picks Twist. Florida State is building a very nice program and has some very talented players on the offensive side of the ball. UCLA will need to hope Newby makes mistakes and the Bruins' rushing attack can keep moving the ball. The game will be close but I think FSU sneaks off with a 3 point win.
    Florida State 24-21

Aside from the Big 10, coach Slick is like 60-1 with Texas :). I don't see the Big 12 win streak coming to an end against Nebraska. Wright proved he could be a bit wild, throwing 5 interceptions against Oklahoma, and those mistakes would be disastrous against the Longhorns. Nebraska also has to contend with Wood and the trio of 98+ wide receivers.
    Texas 31-17