Season 4: Cold Hard Facts 1

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Baron, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG]
    This week on TMFL's Cold Hard Facts, Marcellus Wiley (sawemoff ) and Mark Schlereth (Baron) take a look at the lay of the land after Week 4. ​
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    1) Better odds to have their conference crown taken: Philstyle3005 (4-1, Biggest win over the Falcons) or OMlawdog (4-0, biggest win over the Giants)? No the Pats didn't have the AFC title last year but everyone knows it was because Phil missed the first playoff game. These two have this file's Superbowls between them, and can anyone stop them?

Mark: My money is on someone, anyone, from the AFC South usurping Lawdog's crown. The NFC has too many good teams to allow for someone to hold Phil-like dominance. As to the AFC, it's Phil's sandbox and all everyone else gets is sand in their vags trying to beat him.

Marcellus: Totally agree with you Mark. The NFC South is coming this year and in their sights is Lawdog. He escaped with a win over the Falcons last year in the playoffs but I do not see it happening this year. Now in the AFC I really feel like it is Phil's to lose. He has dominated and will continue to do so unless someone steps it up. And right now there is not a team that has done this.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2) Which divisional bottom-feeder has the best chance on bouncing back to make the playoffs? Cardinals, Giants, Buccaneers, Packers in NFC; Chargers, Dolphins, Titans, Ravens in AFC?

Mark: I'm going with the Giants. If the Bucs were in any other division, they'd be leading that division but the NFC South is straight bonkers. So I'm going to take the Giants. I think the Eagles will win the division but Peench, if he gets back in the swing of things is one of the best players on TSO.

Marcellus: From the NFC the Bucs will come close but I think the Saints and Panthers will take the two wildcard spots. So from the NFC bottom feeders none will make the playoffs. On the AFC the Titans have a lot of upside. Coach Azure will turn things around quickly and make a late push.
    3) First quarter MVP?

Mark: Going to give to Matt Stafford. 13 TD's and only 5 INTs while leading the Lions to a 4-0 record. Granted Stafford tends to put up those kind of numbers early on and then fade down the stretch, but it's a clear choice here so far. ​
    [​IMG]

Marcellus: I have got to go with Carolina QB Cam Newton. After a disappointing season last year he has stepped it up, and every win will go through him. Going to be exciting to see what he does the rest of the way!
    [​IMG]

4) Will the Chicago Bears be able to sustain their #1 Offensive Rankings in total, passing, and rushing yards?
    [​IMG]
    Mark: I think they'll have to. They lost a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball, so they'll need to put up gaudy numbers. Maybe not keep the triple crown, but I'd be surprised if they don't keep the total mark by season's end.

Marcellus: Definitely agree that they will need to sustain it to stay competitive. There are just too many good teams in the NFC and if they start to slip the better teams will take advantage. As far as the triple crown goes I see them taking two out of three with the Pats taking over the passing yards.
    5) Has Keon Rose lived up to the #1 overall pick so far?
    Keon Rose Stat Line.JPG
    Mark: No. A first round Safety is meant to be a game changer, ala Eric Berry. You need to be forcing turnovers and making the offense worried about your presence. Rose hasn't and he won't with that injury.

Marcellus: This kid has some talent but it still really has not translated just yet. Sure he has made some tackles but that is just about yet. He is very smart and has a tremendous work ethic so rest assured he will live up to the pick. I just hope the injury will not be a sign of a plagued career.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6) Who has been a surprise this year and will they be able to make the playoffs?
    Mark: I'm going to say that because the only loss for the Rams is to the Falcons, and their wins are a tad more impressive. That and the Rams are a little worse, roster wise. But as to making the playoffs, I'll take the Steelers.​

Marcellus: Both the Steelers and Rams lead their divisions and who would have thunk it?!?!?! I am very surprised to see this but then you go back and look at the divisions itself. They are not the strongest but hey you got to win to be at the top so props to both teams. Do I see both making the playoffs? No and just like Mark mentioned I got to give a slight edge to the Steelers. I think Seattle will take the NFC West

• Like Like x 12
  2. Baron

TMFL

Yes, I'm going to use it, because this is league-wide content.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

And it's damn fine. Nice work. I'm a little disappointed there were no cold hard facts about teams that have lost multiple overtime games though.

4. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Well done fellas. Nice to see some league content going on!

5. Baron

Credit also has to go to sawemoff . This was his brainchild way back in PFP. But he posted it last time, so it was my turn.

As to that, we'll see about that in the next edition!

• Like Like x 2
  6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Great stuff Baron and sawemoff. A good way to entertain myself now that the draft is over for my Giants.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Great stuff guys... Keep it coming

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Baron couldn't make it through the conversation with talking about Eric Berry. Surprising.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I Peench

Or as Mike Mayock would say "Uhrick Burry"

Gotta love that Philly accent :rolleyes:

Right CalebMackie ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. dakota7

Over the last 3 days, I've noticed Mayock has a crutch. How many times did he say "pound the table" this weekend?

11. I Peench

I know, right? He has a bunch of great sayings, but that one wore out his welcome. My favorite was: "He has a body only mama would be proud of"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

13. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

14. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Thats literally all I got out of this thread. That any he thinks no one in the AFC can beat Phil... which the AFCE alone has proved it can do. Oh and that the NFCS is the best division in the league.... a discussion which I think should be tabled until the dust settles this season. Last I checked the divisions were in a 4-3 dog fight.

15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Playoffs > Regular season.......

• Like Like x 1
  16. dakota7

I think that was Schwenke. That was funny and its fun to say that guy's name.

17. Baron

1. Until someone beats him in the playoffs...

2. At the time this thread was made, it was not even a competition. The AFCE won its last three games against the NFCS. Which, obviously, changes the calculus a bit.

18. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    When do we get another round of cold hard facts. I enjoyed reading these.

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Look for one to hit before the playoffs start. I'm thinking week 14 or so, what do you think Baron ?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Baron

I think one right at Week 16 where everything is locked up except for a few final spots. We can predict how those spots shake out, give out season awards, make playoff predictions, etc.

Plus whatever messed up shit you and I come up with. :D

• Like Like x 2
  21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am requesting a worst team/owner section. Would love to hear the painful truth.

Go JAX

• Like Like x 1
  22. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Best/worst team on paper would be interesting.