Season 4: Cold Hard Facts 2

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by sawemoff, May 20, 2013.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Trey Wingo: Welcome to another great addition of Cold Hard Facts brought to you by Coors Light. I am your host Trey Wingo and with me is none other than Mark Schlereth (Baron ) and Marcellus Wiley (sawemoff). Today we take a look at what might happen in the playoffs, hand out some nice and not so nice awards, and discuss the new coaches.​
    Trey: First up we would like to hand out awards to the MVP, Coach of the year, Best Team Defense, and Best Team Offense. Mark would you to start us off?
    Mark: Why certainly Trey! Let's start with MVP of the league. To me, the MVP has to be Cam Newton. You've got a guy with 50 combined TDs (46 passing, 4 rushing) well over 5,000 yards of total offense (5,014 passing and 208 rushing) in a division known for its offense but that also plays some solid defense. Newton has single-handedly willed the Panthers up through easily the toughest division in the TMFL. MVP goes to him in a landslide.
    Marcellus: Like I told you both way back in Week 4 Cam Newton was deserving of this award but I have changed my mind. Philadelphia QB Carson Palmer gets my vote! Blah, blah, blah about him not having 5,000 passing yards and almost 50 TDs. Lets talk about his efficiency and his ability to get away from defenders. He has thrown 31 TDs to 7 INTs while only getting sacked 26 times. You are talking about a guy who has led his team to a nearly undefeated regular season. Got to give it to him here.
    Trey: Continuing on, who is the Coach of the Year to you guys?
    Marcellus: Well Coach Lawdog has been dominant after his first year in the TMFL, and Coach Phil has been racking up the Superbowl victories so it has to be one of these guys. Just like Dikembe Mutombo and his finger swaying, no, no, no! I have to go with Coach Capp and the Saints. He has really struggled getting his team into the playoffs but has really turned it around and is in contention for the NFC South Title! Props to him and what he has done in New Orleans.
    Mark: Coach of the Year is often reserved for a team with an epic turnaround but A. There really hasn't been an epic turnaround and B. We've got an epic string of dominance. After a Super Bowl victory last year, Coach OMlawdog has put together another dominant season. Could have gone 16-0 were it not for an ill-timed desync/sim and will likely go 15-1 regardless.
    Trey: Well you can definitely say Capp is a surprising choice and that Lawdog should be the rightful winner but lets keep chugging. Macellus and Mark who wins the Best Team Offense and Defense Award?
    Mark: Best offense is definitely Lawdog's. Carson Palmer has had another solid season with 3,740 yards, 31 TD's, only 7 INTs and a 124.2 passer rating. But it's LeSean McCoy that puts Lawdog over the top of the Panthers: McCoy, unless he's sat by Lawdog to save him for the playoffs, will eclipse 2,000 yards (he has 1,897 already) and already has 20 TD's. Damned if you do, damned if you don't when you play the Eagles.
    Best defense goes to The Buffalo Bills: 2nd in total points allowed, 3rd in total yards, 2nd in sacks, 6th in takeaways and allows offense the fewest attempts inside the redzone: only 19. Keller gets the nod here because I think the AFC E is just a hair tougher than the NFC E especially considering...
    Marcellus: Now here is where I choose the Panthers. They have put up massive numbers on offense totaling over 7,000 yards. Hotrod has prepared his team week in and week out against tough NFC opponents and keeps dominating through the air and ground. The Panthers have also averaged 3 more points a game than any other team in the league. Defensively it is tough to say but the Eagles take this in a land slide. 70 sacks, 30 INTs, allowing only 194 points all year, and has the least amount of total yards against. What a beefed up, and tough defense. Each week Coach Lawdog frustrates his opponents and his guys are cashing in.
    Trey: This just in but we have a bonus award to give out. Our twitter feed has been blowing up and people want to know who will be the Rookie of the Year!
    Marcellus: This is an easy answer and I am sure Mark will agree, Pats QB Jay Macon. I see you have a lot of stats over there Mark so I will let you read them to our audience members.
    Mark: Why thank you Marcellus! Rookie of the Year is QB Jay Macon. We all know Coach Philstyle coveted Tysaun Madison as his successor to Tom Brady but Phil's proven the QB is largely irrelevant. Macon has 29 TD's against a ridiculous, 3 INTs, along with 2,983 yards passing he leads the TMFL in passer rating, a (probable) first for a rookie.
    Trey: That wraps up the award portion of the show so lets move onto the next topic. Who is the worst of the worst?
    Mark:
    Parity has been positively pulverized in the TMFL. The league is definitely top heavy but that's no excuse for dakota7's 3-10 Broncos. In a very poachable AFC West division, he's failed to make the strides against the Raiders. While he did beat the Chiefs, that just shows he's got the ability but hasn't been able to translate that ability into success.
    Marcellus: There is no question that the worst of the worse goes to Coach Jon MK. He has abandoned his Chargers team and does not care about these guys. Of course the season has proven it and they will have a top 5 Draft Pick. Hopefully San Diego brings in a Coach with a passion to coach and at least give these guys a chance.
    Trey: Now we get to another great subject, the playoffs. As we get Week 16 underway who will be getting in and who will be left out?
    Marcellus: To make this easier on both of us Mark, I will talk about the AFC. So in the AFC North we have the Pittsburgh Steelers leading the division but we have Baltimore and Cleveland on their tails. With the dismissal of Coach SimFBall and Coach Hammerhead we have a total mess on our hands. The Steelers will falter and the Cleveland Browns will get into the playoffs! Moving down south the Houston Texans have locked up the division after and huge let down by the Colts so moving on to the East. In one of the 'best' divisions in the TMFL the Bills have prevailed as Champion and will look to lock up home field advantage. The West has definitely got interesting as the Chiefs cannot buy a win. They are in a horrendous skid to even make the playoffs let alone win the division but I have faith. The Chiefs come out the next two games and get some crucial wins. Then with the Wildcard I have the Patriots and Colts squeaking in.
    Mark: Let me break it down a little easier for the folks at home.
    -NFCN: I've got the 10-4 Lions taking over the 9-5 Bears. The Week 16 matchup is, I think a red herring, because even if the Bears win, it's 1-1 between the two and the Lions will still have a better divisional record.
    -NFCE: Yea, big surprise the 13-1 Eagles, already have this Division locked up. They just have to choose whether they want to be a fresh 13-3 or a still-intimidating as f%^$ 15-1.
    -NFCS: At first glance, the 10-4 Saints and 10-4 Panthers are evenly matched. But the Saints hold a better divisional record at 4-2, the Panthers at 2-3. So I'll take the Saints, even before you factor in their last two games are against the Packers and Cardinals while the Panthers have the Patriots and Bucs (which is probably the biggest gap in terms of difficulty of a two game stretch I've ever seen).
    -Wildcard 1: I'll take the Panthers on this one. I think they manage to steal one of those two games and get into the always tight NFC Wildcard.
    -Wildcard 2: This is a tough contest between the Bears and the Giants. Both are 9-5. However, the Bears get a crucial game against the lowly Bengals, while the Giants have to face. The Raiders and Eagles. Both are winnable games for Peench's Giants, but I'm sure Peench would rather have the Bengals for one of his final two matchups.
    Trey: Are you both tired yet?!?! This has to be one of the longest segments but it has been a very healthy discussion. With the picture out of the way, what are you both predicting to happen?
    Mark: For my favorite, it has to be the Patriots. Every time he's physically present for the playoffs, he's won the Super Bowl. As my dark horse, The Houston Texans. Schaub might be the weakest QB of the playoff QB's, but Saw's run game and defense could have us a retro-style champion.​
    Marcellus: I think we will have a great SuperBowl with two great competitors and one will be Coach Lawdog and his Eagles. Tough defense and efficient offense will get him there one more time. As for a darkhorse I love the Carolina Panthers. I really do think they can muster out some victories but the game to watch is going to be the Panthers vs Eagles. That is if they meet in the playoffs.
    Trey: This next question is one you do not have to think about. After winning the Heisman Trophy will QB Jordan Parks be taken as the #1 Overall Pick?
    Marcellus: If you think other wise you need to be shunned from football. He has an elite arm and will do just fine anywhere he goes. This guy is a legend in the making and it will be fun to see who gets him.
    Mark:
    If the person with the #1 Overall doesn't want Parks, they could get RGIII level trade for him. But the three lowest teams; the Titans, Cardinals and Dolphins all arguably need a QB so I think he does go #1 OVR.
    Trey: Like I said that was going to be a quick one and to close out this episode lets talk about the new Owners. Out of JSimms, LSU, UofC, RynoAid and NT who will have the most success?
    Mark:
    I think the AFC North is the worst division in TMFL, but because they're getting two new owners in NeuroticTruth and UofCWildcat, that it's a wash. So the Cardinals with JSimms will have the most impact.
    Marcellus: Come one man, you know who I will be picking. My old team, the Dallas Cowboys. Of course Ryno has a lot of work to do but with the draft soon upon us and possibly a nice FA class, he will put them in the right direction!
    Trey: What a wild and crazy Cold Hard Facts today so we hope you enjoyed it TMFL! Our guys should be back at the beginning of the season and until next time, good night!

• Like Like x 15
  2. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great content!

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    The wildcard races are definitely intriguing. There are a lot of scenarios still left, will be interesting to see how it all plays out. The Panthers are hoping their fate is sealed before they play their Week 17 game.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nice job here fellas. Thanks for the nod on worst or the worst.... We're building for the future in Denver.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Part of it is bitterness at my earlier defeat. But beat the Raiders in Week 17 and all is forgiven. :D

6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

*cough* TANKING *cough*

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Great write up fellas, was really a great read. Hope you guys continue to do this and if y'all ever need some help or extra input, shoot me a PM.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Gotta love that Raider love. We're more than just an opponent on the Giants schedule, at least you know it.

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Baron is truly torn on our game - a playoff birth or watching me lose. Don't underestimate his love for the latter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. dakota7

I'll see what I can do....but he is playing pretty well right now, my team....not so much.

11. dakota7

This implies there are games I "should" be winning. And while I appreciate the sentiment, you saw firsthand how bad my team is. (when you kicked the snot out of me)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

*cough* LET HIM *cough*

• Like Like x 1
  13. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Great work guys. Saints are on a 5 game winning streak with Brees going 17 tds to 3 ints. Hopefully we can win a playoff game this season.

• Like Like x 1