Season 4: Fact or Fiction Episode 2 of 3

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Sep 19, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Rece Davis: Welcome to another exciting chapter of Pushing for Paydirt Fact or Fiction. I'm your host Rece Davis and with me is the dynamic dou Lou Holtz and Mark May. We will dive right on in today's show.​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: First things first we want to welcome HarkTheSound. He is now part of PFP and is the coach of the Clemson Tigers. Coming in while the season is going isn't putting him in the best situation so lets be fortune tellers today and predict what he will be able to do next year. Will Clemson immediately make an impact in the ACC in 2016?​
    Mark May: And for my first prediction I will say... Lou will say something stupid here in a minute.​
    Lou Holtz: *Looks at Rece* See what I have to deal with three times a year? Mark don't be sour that you are not as smart or as good looking, for that matter, as me. Jealously is a big downfall for people and since you made a prediction I will make my own. Mark is about to get mad, real mad.​
    Mark: You are not getting me this time old man. Now back on topic. I think Clemson competes immediately so fact. I only say this because looking over the roster he will have a very heavy laden Senior roster. To be honest this will probably be his only chance to do well until he starts building his own team. This may take a couple of years but in time he will be a steady competitor. And since we are talking about future predictions I can see this team hoisting the BSC Trophy in year 2020.​
    Lou: Man I made the wrong prediction! Should have gone with Mark saying something dumb! *chuckles* Okay so this is fiction. To come in as a new coach and try to impact the college world in year 2015 is tough, just ask Coach Ghost. He came in earlier then Hark and you see how he is doing. Senior laden or not it is going to take awhile for him to bring in his own players. You know Mark since you didn't do much of anything coaching wise I will let you in on a little secret. It usually takes 3-4 years to build a team from scratch.​
    Mark: Like you have anything to brag about it in your coaching career...​
    Lou: Oh I'm sorry Mark I can't hear you because I have a National Championship in my ear. Here let me move it. *Pretends to put a trophy on the floor*​
    Rece: I believe you all have had enough fun with this so lets move on. Just like any new Coach we wish Hark the best of luck!​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: This may come to a big surprise to everyone but the Aztecs of San Diego State are just not undefeated or ranked #20 in the land, but they have the #1 defense in the country. It is actually surprising to see that them, Fresno State, and Syracuse hasn't allowed more than 1,000 total yards. Today's question is will San Diego State keep it up?​
    Lou: Ah with them being in the Mountain West Conference I can see it so fact. SDSU has been hot on the recruiting trail for the past few years. They have definitely been stealing some good talent right from under the noses of USC and UCLA. Oregon State must really hate them because they continue to take at least two recruits away from them each year. I don't know what kind of water they are drinking over there but keep drinking it. The crazy thing is that they haven't generated a lot of turnovers or sacks. It is a team that holds opponents to a lot of three and outs which keeps them fresh. The almighty Aztecs probably predicted this somewhere on a tablet maybe they also predicted the ignorant statement Mark is about to make.​
    Mark: Now how in the world did you know I was going to say something like that?​
    Lou: I did tell you I have some Aztec blood in me? *grins*​
    Mark: Sure but this is utterly and complete nonsense. Of course they have the #1 defense. Heck I would have the #1 defense too if I played San Jose State and Nevada. Fiction is an understatement. Lets see how they do at the end of their schedule when they face Fresno State, who was mentioned earlier, Colorado State, and Air Force. They won't make it out alive playing these three games back to back to back. Also by taking a quick look at some of my notes they play UNLV and UNM. Both of these teams have allowed less than 1200 total yards. Give me a break this team is about to become a joke.​
    Lou: Didn't I predict he was going to get mad? *Looks at Rece; Rece laughs*​
    Mark: I'm not mad just irritated with this bologna.​
    Lou: *Pulls out dictionary* You know the definition of irritated is; to make someone annoyed, impatient or angry. I would like to spotlight angry because, give me a sec, *flips through some pages* here we go. Do you know what a synonym of angry is? It says right here... mad. I win *throws his hands up*​
    Mark: [​IMG]
    Rece: He does have a point Mark but without further ado we will move on to our next topic.​
    [​IMG]
    Rece: Oh boy this one should be fun. We are talking about recruiting and Notre Dame having the #1 class so far this year. Now I know Lou likes this topic but are you okay with this Mark?​
    Mark: Yes Rece I am good to go.​
    Rece: Well alright. Notre Dame has brought in 10 guys so far, 4 five star, 2 four star. and 4 three star recruits. Alabama is close on their tails so do you all think Notre Dame will hang on to the #1 spot?​
    Mark: They have the nickname Notre Lame for reason. They choke with great talent and I see them doing it again. Fiction. Who wants to play there when you could go and play for USC in California or Alabama in the south? I kind of feel sorry for these guys but I think Coach Saban and crew will wind up in the #1 slot at the end.​
    Lou: Mark, it isn't about winning. These guys are going to extend their football career but they are also continuing to get an education. A great education that could possibly go farther than their football career. And since I am biased about this topic I think they will hold on and bring in more talent. Fact is my answer and there isn't much else to say. Great tradition, great education, and great football goes a long way. Take it away Rece. *points at him*​
    Rece: Let me seize the moment right quick and say thank you to all of our viewers. It has been a great show so lets end this on a good note. Look for us to be back in a few more weeks to hash out our end of the year predictions. From Lou to Mark to me we wish you a good night and see next time!​

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Great stuff Saw!

And I appreciate the content, even if I'm not "playing" in the league. Got a good group guys. Definitely one of the strongest on TSO.

If only your commish wasn't such a doucher you'd be in great shape. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Let's launch a coup against Dear Leader and install Gyrene as our new sovereign!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gyrene76

He has some "loyals"...this could be a tough undertaking.

We can buy Zach with Georgia 'season tickets' and Justin with a 3 minute interview on NPR.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Baron

Viva la Revolution!

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Great stuff saw

7. Baron

DOWN WITH THE TYRANT!

8. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

9. Bulldog

lmao

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Oops fixed it!

11. Bulldog

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bulldog

hahaha

14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I like it saw, love seeing ND and SDSU in the spotlight abit. Don't get too carried away. The rest of the country is my thing. :mad:

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha sorry man but I had nothing else user wise. I am tired of talking about Berg/UNC and there wasn't much else to say!

16. Gyrene76

oh snap