Season 4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Season 4 Summaries

Wake Forest 56

South Carolina 38

It took a 28 point 4th quarter for the Demon Deacons to overcome the Gamecocks. A strong run game lead us to victory along with a defensive TD and a 91 yards KR TD. Cross looked shaky today as he only threw one TD while throwing a pair of picks. The defense looked strong at times and
    then they wouldn't, LE Bobby Harrell did break the single game sack record with 4. We had two 100 yard rushers today and 5 of the TD's came from the run game. A solid game with area for improvement.

Wake Forest starts off 1-0 and will host Tennessee and Coach Maggie Week 2.

2. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Tennessee outlast Texas 38-31 in the opener in Knoxville. After a 1st quarter injury, Tyler Bray led the Vols with 3 TD passes and Senior RB Neal had over 200 yards on the ground. The Vols look to next week's game with Wake Forest to tell them a lot about their squad this season.

3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Clemson:42 || [​IMG]Auburn:20
    A Much-Needed Win
    Clemson is buzzing following a 42-20 win over Auburn.
    First Quarter
    04:21 TD Clemson Sam Cooper TE #82 23 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    01:06 TD Auburn Ted Williams WR #83 19 yard pass from Phillip Sims QB #17
    Second Quarter
    07:09 TD Clemson Marques Pierre HB #17 15 yard rush
    03:49 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 11 yard rush
    01:54 TD Clemson Allen Ball WR #81 38 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    00:00 FG Auburn John Smith K #19 31 yard field goal
    Third Quarter
    07:46 TD Clemson Martavis Bryant WR #4 73 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    Forth Quarter
    07:33 TD Auburn Ray Rosario TE #89 16 yard pass from Phillip Sims QB #17
    07:18 TD Clemson Sam Cooper TE #82 76 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    01:47 FG Auburn John Smith K #19 28 yard field goal

[​IMG][​IMG]
    1st Downs 20 || 31
    3rd down efficiency 33.33 || 53.85
    4th down efficiency 100 || 0
    Total Yards 518 || 533
    Passing 325 || 328
    Completion Attempts 13 - 22 || 23 - 34
    Yards Per Pass 14.77 || 9.65
    Rushing Attempts 21 || 25
    Yards Per Rush 4.1 || 3.08
    Turnovers 1 || 2
    Fumbles Lost 1 || 1
    Interceptions Thrown 0 || 1
    Possession 14:17 || 17:43

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Miami starts off the season by hosting Texas A&M and after a wobbly start, stomps down any hopes of an Aggie victory. Miami started with the ball and ended by failing to convert a 4th and short (note: it appears my kicker's max length for making a FG is about 25 yards. I need to be inside the 10 to kick it). A&M marches down the field, but settles for the FG. Miami then comes alive, with 3 TD strikes from sophomore QB Rodney Landry (2 to reigning Mackey Award winner, Brian Arney). The D played stout for the remainder, allowing a total of 197 offensive yards. Landy finished 15 of 27 for 312 yards (career high) and 3 TDs. HB Storm Johnson looks to fill in the role vacated by NCAA rushing recordholder Lamar Miller by running 35 times for 288 yards and 3 TDs.

The Hurricanes did survive a scare when TE Arney went down in the early 3rd quarter. It looked like a serious injury, but team doctors say his dislocated shoulder should be fine for week 2, in which Miami will be looking to avenge an early season loss from last year against a stingy Ole Miss team.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#9 Florida State over #21 West Virginia - 38-12

First play of the game for the Seminoles is a 65 yard TD catch after a short hook route, showing Preston Patterson's Freshman All American status was legit. FSU went 21 unanswered in the 1st, but only score 3 in the second quarter to lead 24-0.

The defense, though down this year, did a pretty good job defending West Virginia's offense. We were hardly able to stop them as they went from three wide receiver sets into I formations.. However, they were only able to convert 2 FGs and a late TD.

Junior QB Bill Schmidt - 25 of 39, 517 yards, 4 TDs
    >extending his season totals to 1000+ yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT so we are doing somethin good!

6. Gyrene76

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Clemson:42 || [​IMG]Stanford:20
    [​IMG]
    Tigers Improve to 2-0

Cardinal are no match for Clemson.
    First Quarter
    04:56 TD Clemson Allen Ball WR #81 15 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    02:59 TD Clemson Marques Pierre HB #17 10 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    Second Quarter
    07:55 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 17 yard rush
    06:56 TD Stanford Mike Williams WR #89 78 yard pass from Josh Nunes QB #6
    01:50 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 1 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    04:42 TD Clemson Bernard Henry TE #83 10 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10
    Forth Quarter
    06:08 TD Stanford Anthony Wilkerson HB #32 3 yard rush
    03:04 TD Clemson Demont Buice HB #24 16 yard rush
    01:46 TD Stanford Mike Williams WR #89 5 yard pass from Josh Nunes QB #6

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    1st Downs 25 || 21
    3rd down efficiency 36.36 || 57.14
    4th down efficiency 100 || 0
    Total Yards 437 || 403
    Passing 271 || 228
    Completion Attempts 14 - 23 || 15 - 20
    Yards Per Pass 11.78 || 11.4
    Rushing Attempts 28 || 28
    Yards Per Rush 1.32 || 4.89
    Turnovers 3 || 1
    Fumbles Lost 0 || 1
    Interceptions Thrown 3 || 0
    Possession 14:19 || 17:40

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Shakespeare - The Tempest (quoting Caliban) "Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises, Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not. Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices That, if I then had waked after long sleep, Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming, The clouds methought would open and show riches Ready to drop upon me that, when I waked, I cried to dream again."

Say what what you say but give me that bomb beat from Dre let me serenade the streets of LA, from Oakland to Sac Town, The Bay Area and back down Cali is where they put they Mack down....Gimmie Luv-California Love Tupac RIP

Thats how I roll homie....

8. Gyrene76

haha, that's awesome

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
    #19 IOWA 0 7 20 0 27
    AUBURN 7 24 14 14 59

The University of Auburn improved to 1-1 this Saturday by running circles around the #19 ranked Iowa Hawkeyes 59-27. The TIgers D forced 7 turnovers 6 INT's and 1 fumble that proved to be the Hawkeyes undoing. True Sophomore CB Richard Jenkins had 2 INT's one returned for a TD in the 2nd qtr. SR CB Ikeem Means had 2 INT's also to go along with 5 tackles. The offense was led by JR QB Philip Sims who was 12-16 for 305 yards 4 td's 1 int, SO WR Ted Williams had 6 rec for 88 yards 2 TD's, JR WR Jeremy Richardson had 4 catches for 88 yards and a td and JR WR Trovon Reed had 2 catches for 101 yards and 1 score. Most of the damage was done on the ground as RS JR Michael Dyer had 137 yards on the ground and 1 score and SO Chris Jefferson had 13 touches and ended up with 123 yards and 2 trips to the end zone. Iowa was led by RS SO QB Allen Lawrence who was 24-39 for 330 yards 3 td's and 6 int's. Coach York had this to say after the game "We were in Allens face all day we only had 3 sacks but made him make several bad throws that we were just in the right spot to pick. Our offense just clicked today we looked a lot more comfortable out there than we did last week against Clemson. This team will compete with anyone we have horses out there this year the last couple of years we have looked like a bunch of asses on the field." The TIgers had some good news delivered to them after the game. Terry Young from Ocoee FL the #34 Tackle in the SR class has chosen to attend Auburn next fall. He stands at 6'3" and weighs in at 314. Dave Woods a 6'2" 188 lb WR from Hoover AL commited to the Tigers last week before the Clemson game.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

UF @ Pitt
    55-14

This one got ugly in a hurry. The Gators took the entire 1st quarter to feel out their opponent and work out the kinks in their offense. Then they used the 2nd quarter to make a statement. 28 points in the 2nd quarter. That quarter alone would have been enough to win the game, and UF fans should be excited that their offense is still capable of putting up points in a real hurry. The defense played exceptionally well, holding Pitt to 7 points(1 TD was a FR-TD). The Panthers were held to 224 yards of offense at home and the Gators start the season 1-0.

Perry
    14/23 316yd 3TD

Bell
    12ATT 112yd 2TD

UF @ Utah
    37-7

Again, UF's defense was stifling and their Offense was clicking. The O scored at a consistent rate, and the backups blew a shutout with 1:16 left. Over the last 2 games UF fans may have noticed the rise of RB Tony Bell. When Bell has spelled Brown, he has had great success and is looking like UF's back of the future. Now, some say credit has to go to Mack Brown who runs the defense ragged on the edges. Which in turn sets up Bell to do serious damage on the inside. Either way Coach Max has 2 capable HBs and they should both get their carries once the Gators hit their SEC schedule. Which starts in Gainesville, FL after a Week 3 BYE (Trying to F up my Crootin'?!?!?!? jk). The Gators have an extra week to prepare for the Vols who have given UF all they could handle over the past few seasons.

Perry
    19/30 257yd 1TD

Bell
    13ATT 72yd 3TD

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Virginia Vs. Georgia
    In what was the second game of a home and home series, the Virginia Cavaliers hosted the Georgia Bulldogs on a nice late summer afternoon. Both teams came into the game winning their first game. Virginia won a hard fight on the road against Wisconsin lat week, and was hoping to pull a double on the upset front. Only problem was, Georgia did not want to participate in getting upset. The game started with UVA, getting the ball, and setting the tone for what the day would be. They went 3 and out, and actaully held UGA to a 3 and out. But after a fumble, UGA got the ball deep in UVA territory, but was held to only 3​
    UVA answered with a FG, and then the road team took control in what was a sicking 2nd quarter. 3 interceptons led the way to Georgia scoring 17 more taking the lead into halftime of 24 - 3.​
    The third quarter started, and IUVA came out determined to get some points. After a decent drive, UVA was able to catch the Bulldogs in a blitz scoring on a 32 yard pass play to Tim Smith. After some good defense, and some sloppy play from Georgia, the Cavs got the ball back and took the ball to Bulldog territory but was forced to kick a FG after a sack had stalled the drive.​
    So starting the 4th qurter, the Bulldogs had a 24-13 lead. After a big pass play taking UGA inside UVA's ten yard line, Aaron Murray threw a interception in the endzone. A three and out followed, but in the punt, the Bulldog player fumbled and Virginia recoverd. A decent drive later the Cavs found themselves with 1st and goal, but were once again held to just three after trying to pound the ball in. Georgia had a chance to chew the clock, but UVA was able to force a punt. The most crucial drive of the game then fir Virginia went like this....Missed throw, Sack, dropped pass. Virginia punted, and never saw the ball again.​
    Georgia wins.....24-16​
    Closer than many would have thought, the young Virginia team showed the talent gap is still there, and they dont know how to win yet. Another tough tough game coming up for Cavs now, having to go on the road to Miami.​

12. Gyrene76

man, looks like it would have been a great game to watch

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Tennessee 42

Wake Forest 38

Another nail biter between these teams. At one point I had a 10 point lead but it vanished quickly. Late in the game the Vols scored to make it 35-38. The Deacons could get nothing going and Tenn took advantage by playing the clock excellently and ended up scoring a TD with 12 seconds left, taking the lead and ending our hopes of an upset. Even though WF took the ball away from UT 4 times, it still could not help them win.

GG maggie.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

WF 43

PSU 53

My defense is terrible, they cannot stop anything. Offense kept giving up turnovers (5 of them) as well. We got a break near the end of the game with the onside kick, but of course on the TD pass Cross (who had a record day throwing for over 500 yards but even that wasn't enough) threw knocked him out of the game and the crappy backup couldn't hit the broad side of the barn after we somehow forced a 3 and out. Penn State never had any trouble scoring or moving the ball, I maybe forced 4 punts the whole game. The run game had no luck today, which is unusual for me.My faith in this team is slowly...no quickly...fading.

We start off 1-2 and open up ACC Conference play next week vs Maryland.

15. Gyrene76

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Maryland:18 || [​IMG]Clemson:45
    [​IMG]
    TE Cooper reminds the Terp crowd why they were the underdog
    A Big Win

Tigers win 45-18 against Maryland.

First Quarter

07:21 TD Maryland Corey Harper HB #26 71 yard rush

04:47 TD Clemson Martavis Bryant WR #4 15 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

Second Quarter

07:56 TD Clemson Sam Cooper TE #82 17 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

06:22 TD Maryland Tyrek Cheeseboro WR #81 9 yard pass from Tyler Smith QB #10

06:05 TD Clemson Martavis Bryant WR #4 68 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

00:32 TD Clemson Martavis Bryant WR #4 26 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

Third Quarter

06:53 TD Maryland Corey Harper HB #26 10 yard rush

03:45 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 2 yard rush

00:33 TD Clemson Marques Pierre HB #17 11 yard rush

Forth Quarter

00:52 FG Clemson Maurice Gatewood K #2 32 yard field goal
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Clemson Tigers played a complete game. The only downside of the entire day was going down early 7-0 after allowing a 70+ yard run. After that, the Tigers dominated on all three sides of the ball.

Offensively:
    [​IMG]
    Defensively:
    [​IMG]
    Special Teams:
    [​IMG]
    Downing the ball at the 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    1st Downs 20 || 25
    3rd down efficiency 36.36 || 55.56
    4th down efficiency 0 || 100
    Total Yards 435 || 514
    Passing 130 || 327
    Completion Attempts 10 - 17 || 20 - 29
    Yards Per Pass 7.65 || 11.28
    Rushing Attempts 32 || 27
    Yards Per Rush 4.44 || 4.37
    Turnovers 2 || 1
    Fumbles Lost 1 || 0
    Interceptions Thrown 1 || 1
    Possession 13:34 || 18:26

[​IMG]

16. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Speaking of terrible defenses, Tennessee's is horrendous. In my game against WF, I could not stop anything. He ran the ball at 10-15 yards a clip. Passed all over me too. Then I play Cal(CPU) and I score a late TD to beat them 49-42. I think they punted once. I am gonna average out my defensive ratings and compare to some other teams. I am pretty weak but I had no idea I was this awful.

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Parrot said hell do a more in depth write up of our game.

Here is mine.....Miami runs the ball alot, doubles my T.O.P, sacks my QB alot. Virginia gets worn down, scores in 4 plays, gets sacked alot, enjoys turning ball over ALOT! Talent gap still very evident.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State improves to 3-0 with solid performance against BC..

Bill Schmidt racked up 344 yards and 5 TDs all in the first half, the back ups both went perfect as Will Secord was 8 for 8 - 109 - 1 TD, and Freshman Michael Johnson was 1-1 for 26 yards.

Sophomores Preston Patterson and Kyle Evans both had 10 catches for 120 yards, Senior Kenny Shaw had 118 on 4. Not only that, but Sophomore Malcom Adams had a 100 yard rushing game which he started off with a 51 yard run on the first play of the game.

The defense made a lot of stops on the day, but weren't able to come up with any turnovers.

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
    AUBURN 7 24 7 14 52
    VANDY 0 6 3 0 9

The Auburn Tigers improved to 2-1 today with a 52-9 victory over the Commodores of Vanderbilt. The Tigers offense was clicking today led by QB Philip Sims who passed for 342 yards and 4 TD's. He connected with WR Jeremy Richardson 10 times for 146 yards two of the catches went for scores. Ted Williams and Trovon Reed pitched in with a touchdown catch each. The ground game kept churning as Michael Dyer and Chris Jefferson each had over 100 yards on the day. The Defense looks to be making strides as they held the Dores to 275 total yards. SR Captain Jessel Curry led the team with 8 tackles 3 for a loss and 1 sack. JR DE Craig Sanders had a great game with 7 tackles all for a loss. "We put a whole game together. It has taken a lot of hard work but I finally think this team gets it we were in the right spots no one seemed out of place everyone was on the same page. When this team plays like they did today they can beat anyone at anytime." coach York said after the game.

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]vs[​IMG]

TEAM 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
    OKLAHOMA 0 0 0 0 0
    AUBURN 7 14 7 14 42

The University of Auburn made a statement today by trouncing preaviously unbeaten Oklahoma 42-0 in front of a sold out Jordan Hare Stadium. The Offense kept up the good work led by QB Philip Sims 14-18 on the day for 283 yards and 5 td's. Jeremy Richardson had 4 catches for 111 yards 1 going for a score. Trovon Reed, Ray Rosario, Mike Marrow and Antonio Goodwin had a TD catch apiece. Michael Dyer had 108 yards on the ground. The team had 461 yards of total offense and kept possesion of the ball for over 21 min. The D was led by SR DE Nosa Egua who had 8 tackles 2 TFL. Jessel Curry and Harris Gaston each had 6 tackles. #3 Tennessee comes to town next week in what looks like a good game on paper. The Vols have a potent offense and we shall see if the Tigers D can keep this pace up and shut down the Vols.

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

In a game where Ole Miss's coach was MIA (we heard he got lost in traffic en route to the game), Miami takes care of business and wins 33-10. The game was kept interesting with So QB Rodney Landry throwing 3 picks, 2 of which were in the red zone. The Miami D stepped up and held the Rebels to 275 yards of offense. 71 of those came on a Huggins to Logan pass.

Backup HB Eduardo Clements stepped in when starting HB Storm Johnson went down with an injury early in the 2nd quarter. Clements ran for 130 yards and 1 TD on 15 carries. Johnson returned in the 4th and ended up with 96 yards on 19 carries.

Week 3 sees Miami hosting Virginia to open the ACC schedule.

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Consistency was the word of the day for Miami against Virginia. Opening their ACC schedule, Miami wins 41-23. The difference in the game was Miami playing at the same level the whole game through, while Virginia played a game of ups and downs. The play of the game was the last snap from scrimmage to end the first half. Already leading 17-14 and the ball on the UVA 26 with 8 seconds left and 1 TO, Miami wanted to get a few more yards to give their chump kicker a better shot at making the FG. On a quick hitch route, Landry finds WR Chris Woods. The UVA defensive back flies by the play, and Woods scampers into the end zone with 1 tick left on the clock to put the Hurricanes up 24-14, and Miami would be getting the ball back to start the second half.

The teams would trade FG's in the third quarter. In the 4th, all the scoring would come in a 27 second stretch. Miami punched it in on a 21 yard run by HB Storm Johnson. The next offensive snap by UVA would see a fumble by QB Franklin, with CB Kacy Rogers scooping the ball and going 23 yards for 6. After a solid kickoff return, UVA would find WR Bobby Smith for 47 yards. The Cavs couldn't recover the onside kick, however, and any hope for an upset ended there.

Players of the game for Miami were HB Storm Johnson (28 carries for 131 yards and 3 TDs) and WR Skip Branch (5 catches for 113 yards). The entire defense played up to their game, forcing 4 turnovers.

Week 4 is a bye week for the Hurricanes. Miami's next game is on the road in Raleigh, NC against NC State.

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Game Summary posted on the Wire!

24. Gyrene76

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Clemson:59 || [​IMG]BC:17
    [​IMG]

Eagles stunned by Clemson

Clemson shows no mercy against their rival Boston College.

First Quarter

05:35 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 47 yard rush

04:45 TD Boston College Clyde Lee WR #17 64 yard pass from Chase Rettig QB #7

04:07 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 78 yard rush

01:12 FG Boston College Nate Freese K #43 45 yard field goal

00:25 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 51 yard rush

Second Quarter

04:53 TD Clemson Martavis Bryant WR #4 14 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

00:40 TD Clemson Ryan Concepcion WR #80 12 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

00:00 FG Clemson Maurice Gatewood K #2 38 yard field goal

Third Quarter

07:02 TD Clemson Allen Ball WR #81 94 yard pass from Tajh Boyd QB #10

04:29 TD Boston College Isaac Thomas FB #20 13 yard pass from Chase Rettig QB #7

00:11 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 23 yard rush

Forth Quarter

01:59 TD Clemson Tajh Boyd QB #10 27 yard rush

[​IMG][​IMG]
    1st Downs 22 || 21
    3rd down efficiency 85.71 || 27.27
    4th down efficiency 0 || 0
    Total Yards 782 || 478
    Passing 300 || 254
    Completion Attempts 12 - 20 || 17 - 21
    Yards Per Pass 15 || 12.1
    Rushing Attempts 30 || 25
    Yards Per Rush 11.6 || 1.84
    Turnovers 0 || 1
    Fumbles Lost 0 || 0
    Interceptions Thrown 0 || 1
    Possession 18:15 || 13:45

25. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    #1 Georgia 37
    #2 LSU 10

Things started off bad as Aaron Murray threw a pick 6 on the very first play of the game. Then the second drive was not that impressive either. Thankfully the Bulldog defense gave the team a spark, forcing turnovers all game. In all Georgia picked off LSU QB Luke Roberts 5 times on route to a 37-10 win.