Season 4: Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Jman, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

You know the routine gentlemen.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Louisville Cardinals S4-W1: Louisville 30 - UCF 27

Holy hell. I could dp nothing but FG's until crunch time despite moving the ball up and down the field. Three turnovers including one picked option play for a TD by UCF really hurt and made it close as we did hold them to under 300 of offense, TO's kill though. Took a TD with under minute on a dominating running drive to get the lead back and then plays on some of the biggest CPU lob passes I have ever seen including a last second one in the end-zone that was thrown SIXTY YARDS. Dominated on the ground, meh in the air. Lots of work to do on both sides. This one is gonna be a wild ride I think.

POTG: SR HB Hogan - 23 carries for 246 yards and 2 TD as well as 2 catches for 14 yards

3. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

NM State Wins 30-10 over Marshall

LAS CRUCES - Andrew Manley threw for 169 yards and 2 TD on 0 INT. Brandon Betancourt ran for 125 yards on 19 carries. Joesph Matthews caught two bombs for TD (77yds, 53 yds).

But the bread and butter of this aggie team is its defense. Six players had one tackle for a loss each. Samuel Oyenuga picked a pass off and took it 47 yards to the house. Earl Dawson grabbed another errant Marshall throw. And the Aggie defense allowed 225 yards of offense. The Aggies led 30-3 into the late third and won in a good effort in all three phases of the game.

4. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"Hostility Abounds in College Park as Maryland Knocks off Navy"
    Season 4, Week 1

Maryland opened the 2014 season against their long time rival Navy and put together a solid performance that led to a convincing 33-10 win. Maryland's rushing attack was a big reason for their success as they were able to put long drives together and kill the time of possession category as they held the ball 20 minutes and 37 seconds to Navy's 7 minutes and 23 seconds.

"Pickett takes the hand off, looks to run inside, nothing there, bounces to the outside, he's got a block, shreds a tackle, there he goes. He's to the fifty, the forty, the thirty, the twenty, the ten. TOUCHDOWN Justus Pickett! The Terrapins first play of the season is a 75 yard rush by Justus Pickett! What a way to start the season off" - Gus Johnson (93.7 WAFM)

Pickett's run was just the start of an offensive explosion for the Terrapins in a game where they ended with almost 300 yards total on the ground. Overall, it was a solid performance for the offense and defensive side of the ball. Burns was a little shaky in his first week back as a starter. He completed 16 out of 24 attempts for 200 yards but suffered with 2 interceptions thrown (one being on the Midshipmen's 2 yard line), but the real threat was his ground game as he was able to rack up 94 yards on 15 carries and a touchdown.

Maryland can only hope to have the same success on offense this week as they will host the Florida Gators next week in what could potentially be the game of the year for them. Last year, Maryland had an early loss to Texas Tech that kept them from playing for a National Title. They will hopefully be able to keep the momentum going and keep their hopes alive.

Maryland - 33
    Navy - 10

Player of the Game
    Justus Pickett - 19 carries, 146 yards, 2 touchdowns, 3 receptions, 24 receiving yards

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hawaii Rolls in Seattle over the Heavily Favored Huskies

Washington's preseason ranking: 31, Hawaii's preseason ranking: 107. Final score: 44-14 Hawaii. That folks, is why they play the games. Things started off badly for the Huskies, they went deep on their first play, but senior strong safety Gus Cunningham was there for the first of four interceptions that the Warriors defense would record. A handful of plays later, quarterback Kevin Spain would score on a triple option play from three yards out. On their second possession UW again failed to protect the football, this time it was tailback Bishop Sankey who would cough up the ball. Hawaii corner Brian Clay would scoop up the loose ball and take it in for six. Hawaii would add a field goal to finish the first quarter with a 17-0 lead. The second quarter saw its fair share of fireworks as both teams put the ball in the endzone twice, making it a 31-14 halftime lead for the Warriors.

In the second half Hawaii's defense would step up and keep the Huskies out of the end zone for the rest of the contest. The Warriors would add another 13 second half points with an 11 yard TD pass from Kevin Spain to DJ Armbrust would signal mop up time and clear the Warrior bench. That score made it 41-14 and the Hawaii second team would manage another FG for the final margin.

Coach Johnny Utah - "I'm proud of these kids, we came in and executed. The morning of our flight I knew we would have success this trip because the waves at Banzai Pipeline were unseasonably and unexpectedly good, just like this team."

Players of the Game:
    OFFENSE - QB Kevin Spain - 15-20 passing for 150 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT - plus 9 rushes for 120 yards and 3 TDs
    DEFENSE - SS Gus Cunningham - 4 Tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 INT, 1 pass deflected

• Like Like x 1
  6. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

UAB bitch slaps rival Troy
    UAB 44​
    Troy 17​
    UAB Jr. QB Isaiah Johnson came into this season with a lot of question marks and not many answers. Johnson has struggled in spot duty the past two years and has yet to show the characteristics of a good quarterback, until tonight. Johnson finished the night 27-35, 368 yrds, 4 TDs passing and 1 rushing TD. Johnson was in total control of the game and except for a few dumb throws was "A. Rodge"esque. "A lot of the credit has to go to our WRs" said Johnson "They were ballin tonight". One of the main ballers is JUCO WR transfer Paul Robinson. Robinson finished with 10 catches, 157 yards and 3 TDs. UAB went into the half with a 35 to 3 halftime lead and pretty much dicked around the whole 2nd half. "Our defense looks a lot faster than last year, Matt Fuller is already making an impact" said coach papaloke. Fuller is UAB's 4 star freshman strong safety and record two INTs and was around the ball all night. "I like what I'm seeing but lets not go sucking each others dicks quite yet!" commented papaloke.​
    UAB has a buy week and then a monster game against #5 ranked LSUx.​
    On a side note, Barry Sanders award winner Darrin Reaves left the game after 4 carries with a strained back. Coach papaloke isn't worried, "Reaves is a tough little bastard, he'll be back!"​
    POTG: WR Paul Robinson 157 yards, 3 TDs​

• Like Like x 1
  7. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Akron makes Furious Comeback, Beat #19 Arizona in OT

Before the season, Coach Keves declared this would be his last season in Akron...he's either moving up or moving out. After their first game, up looks more likely.
    While they got the win, it was looking like a loss the entire way...The Zips got off to a bad start when starting QB Kyle Pohl and starting RB Jimmy Dunbar both went down early. WHile Pohl came back, Dunbar's return is uncertain. Pohl threw a pick 6 at the end of the first to put Akron behind 7-0. Backup RB Trey Duckett, who was excellent, then broke off an 80 yd run to even the score at 7. Unfortunately Arizona broke off 2 big plays before the half and led 21-7 at the break.
    The game looked over midway though the third when Akron muffed a punt deep in their own territory and Arizona moved inside their 10. However, Nolan Plate, who Coach Keves moved from LB to safety right before the game, picked off a pass in the end zone to keep the game manageable. After a promising drive, Akron had to settle for a 37 yd FG. After getting the ball back on another INT, Pohl found Jeremiah Johnson in man to man coverage deep down the left and Johnson was actually able to come down with the pass and drag the defender into the end zone to get within 21-18 with a 2 pt conversion.
    In the fourth, FB Dan Bailey scored on 4th and goal from inside the 1 to give Akron a 28-21 lead. Unfortunately, Arizona broke off a huge run to give them a 3 pt lead and only 1:50 left. Then, the miracle happened...after Akron was able to scramble to the 37, senior kicker drilled a 54 yard FG into the wind to force OT
    Afte Trey Duckett scored from 11 yds out, Akron forced Arizona's QB to fumble on 3rd and goal from the 10 and DE Casey Reid took it 87 yds for the win.

AKRON IS 1-0!!!!!

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Texas Tech- 51
    West Virginia- 28

You bitches are in trouble. The Red Raiders have changed their offensive philosophy and their balanced attack pays off. WHo would have known I had a stud RB. Williams ran for 275yds 2 TD and backups Taylor and Marquez added 134yds 1 TD. QB Young threw for 196yds 2 TD but most importantly only 1 int. Really looking foward to the rest of the season!!!

9. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Lobos Offense Sputters to 23-3 Win over Rival UTEP in Opener
    ALBUQUERQUE - The Lobos home crowd must have felt that Nate Glory's squad was a one-hit-wonder because they did not show up in full force for the season opener against the rival Miners. Early on it looked like they were right as New Mexico struggled to get anything going offensively. After being benched toward the end of last season, Caleb Wright was out to show Glory he could be counted on as th full-time starter. He found senior Demarcus Rogers from 9-yard out at the 1:23 mark of the 1st quarter to put his team up 7-0. On the day however, he only threw for 97 yards on 8-19 passing. The loudest roar of the game came when diaper dandy freshman Bo Woods came in after a Miner Field Goal to return the kick. Woods took the ball 28 yards the first time he ever touched the ball as a Lobo. This was not your father's UTEP squad as they almost exclusively kept the ball on the ground running some sort of fleXbox One option type offense that wasn't very daunting. It was mainly the Justus Adams show on the day as the defending Groza Award winner kicked 3 field goals, although Senior Halfback Trey Watts did find the end zone late in the game. Watts was the lone bright spot for UNM going for 141 hard fought yards on 25 carries. Afterwards Glory told the Media, "It's opening day so you expect performances like this. I thought the defense played great and now we just gotta get ready for Arizona. Things weren't pretty last time we ran up against a team from their conference."​

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  10. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Northwestern at Army

Army get the ball to start. Kimble goes down with bruised ribs. Story of his career at Army. Laird makes a big catch on 3rd and 10 to get Army inside the 5. Maples pounds in a 3 yard TD run, 7-0 Army. Army gets two big sacks and forces NW to punt. However, Kimble comes in to return it and fumbles. Wait, they review the play and it is overturned. Army ball. Army can't do anything with it and punt. NW get two big plays and tie the game up 7-7. Army drives, lead by some nice runs from Kimble. Maples comes in for a short TD run, 14-7 Army. NW come right back and answer with a nice drive and TD, 14-14. Kimble goes down after a big gain. Maples steps in and has an even bigger gain. Cresto finds Laird for a 14 yard TD, 21-14. With that TD reception, Laird ties the school record for career TD receptions. NW punts. Army is driving, but Cresto throws a pick with 21 secs to go in the half.

NW get the ball to start. On the kickoff an Army defender nails the returner and sends him off injured. NW fumble on their second play. Army recovers on the NW 14. Three plays later, Kimble puts a short run in for a TD, 28-14 Army. NW answer with a TD. Cresto throws a pick on the first play of the Army drive. NW waste no time scoring on the first play after the turnover. 30 yard run for a TD 28-28. Army put together a drive with some nice runs from Kimble and Maples. Cresto makes up for his earlier mistakes and hits Laird for an 11 yard TD pass, 35-28 Army. Laird is now the career leader in TD receptions for Army. Army make NW punt. Kimble breaks a 62 yard TD run to start the 4th off right, 42-28 Army. Army D comes up with a stop and makes NW punt again. Army get stopped just short of a first down and settle for a 33 yard field goal, 45-28 Army. NW go for it on 4th and inches, but are stopped. Army run plays and kill the game. 45-28 Army.

Initial thoughts. D is going to be horrible this season. Think it is much worse then last season. Love both of my running backs. My line sucks though. Shocked they are able to do anything. Cresto is still a cancer. Laird wasn't playing like he did last season. Dropped a few easy catches, but did have two TDs.

Player of the game-Kimble 31 for 287 yards and 2 TD

11. Wyrmreaver

GMangs

Gary, I was looking at your roster..... dude, you better have a nice year and then get the F outta dodge, you dont have any skill position players in the 70's that would be back plus you lose almost all of your best defenders.

12. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Just played them in my bowl game of another dynasty and it must have been before they canned their coach and hired Barry Switzer. In the bowl they were running the spread and much more effective on offense. Kind of funny when the cpu gets a new scheme and runs it with the wrong personnel. In my UNM game with them I hurt their QB at one point and it was obvious the backup was a recruit brought in to run that style offense as he was twice as fast and about 3 times better running options. Fortunately the starter wasn't too banged up and returned soon.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  13. cmilesg

cmilesg Walk On

Wyoming 30- Temple 10

Coach Green's debut was a big sucess in front of the home crowd. Goodman justified his billboard in Time Square Heisman campaig with a 3 TD day in the rain. The Cowboys D was very solid after a shakey beginning, they recorded 13 sacks with Lange being named Player of the Game with 8TFL and 5 Sacks. Coach Green had remarked in the preseason that the team was full of 50OVR players but his philosophy is 2 50's make 100.

14. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

I get no love at Army. Was 10-3 last season and got nothing good from what I hear. Took me till the final week to crack the top 25. Was news to me that I could cut losers 60 ov and under. So, things might change.

15. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

FIU Barely Scrapes by Rice
    Turnovers nearly down Golden Panthers, win 24-21

The FIU Golden Panthers started off the season with a big scare against the Rice Owls in their home opener. "I tried to tell these guys, they have the potential to be like the teams we've had for the past couple of years, but if they screw around, they won't be." A clearly agitated FIU Head Coach Baron said after the game. "And to be perfectly honest, it was a good start for us, but probably a terrible start for us, mentally."​
    Baron was referring to his team's 14-0 first quarter where rushing touchdowns by redshirt freshman QB Andrew Kelly (5 yards) and RB Kedrick Rhodes (2 yards), combined with two INT's by S Randy Williams gave the Golden Panthers a boast of confidence.​
    The defense, which pressured the Rice backfield all day had trouble once the ball was in the air. "We're going to need to be able to bring pressure and get home with that pressure, because if not, our guys in the back 8 are having difficulty right now." A 60 yard TD pass from Paul Smith to Julius White illustrated that fact as the FIU defender stood side by side the Rice receiver and jumped straight up. "I know for damn sure my defensive coordinator, secondary coach, nor I have told someone when the ball can be fair caught that you want to be shoulder to shoulder with the receiver," Baron said rolling his eyes.​
    A Chris Williams 44 yard field goal just before the half allowed the Golden Panthers to go into half time up 17-7.​
    But turnovers would mar the second half as Kelly would throw an INT and fumble in the 3rd, one of which resulted in a 43 yard touchdown rush by Rice's Brad Brown. "Thankfully, I think that got our guys going, and made them realize that yes, it was entirely possible for us to lose."​
    A long, sustained drive that straddled the end of the 3rd and went into the 4th, was capped off by another Kelly rushing TD, from 3 yards out. A quick three and out gave the Golden Panthers the ball back seemingly ready to run the clock out. But their own 3 and out gave Rice the ball back and backup QB (Smith being knocked out of the game after a brutal hit by NT Brandon Dunn) Lamar Huggins hit Kenneth Seymour for a 40 yard score on a 4th 10.​
    "That was on our play call. We went Cover 2 zone, figuring they'd try to get underneath and get the 1st down, but they ran a four verts, and a you can't cover 4 guys with two."​
    A Kelly INT on the ensuing FIU drive would silence the Golden Panther faithful. A growing discontent would grow within the stadium as the Owls marched down the field to the FIU 30 yard line. But an INT with two minutes left by MLB Chris Lopez would seal the game as Rhodes ran out of the clock with 40 of his 133 yards on the final drive.​
    The FIU defense finished with 5 sacks on the day and 3 INT's. "We did see some good things," Baron said. "But we have a ton to improve on from top to bottom."​

16. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

nmstate.png utep.png
    Battle of I-10

NM State Beats Rival UTEP, 26-7

LAS CRUCES - The Aggies win the Silver Spade for the first time in the Coach Gator Jes Kriske era. They're also 2-0 for the first time in the Kriske era.

This rivalry dates back to 1914, and the first half seemed like a throwback to 97 years ago, as New Mexico State could muster three field goals, to lead at halftime 9-0.

"We had a muber of opportunities to go for it (on 4th down) in the first half, but (instead of going for it) on the first drive, I just wanted to take the lead. And the second and third scoring drives, I didn't want to risk a turnover on downs and give up momentu," Coach Kriske said.

Another Field Goal in the third quarter made it 12-0. On the first play of the 4th, Brian Betancourt scored his first rushing touchdown from 8 yards out to make it 19-0.

UTEP would get on the board with an option right from 14 yards away, 19-7 with 5:12 left. But NM State would put the game away on a six-play, 2:52 yard drive, capped off by an Andrew Manley pass to Joseph Matthews.

Brandon Betancourt matched his week 1 total of 125 yards rushing on 19 carries. Andrew Manley played well, completing 15 of 21 for 221 yards, 1 TD 1 INT. And Jake Capraro was 4 for 4 on FGs. UTEP's leading rusher was their QB Gerald Fuqua with 95 yards on 15 carries.

The Aggies' next game is at a ranked Michigan team, and it could be the biggest crowd NMSU has ever played before.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  17. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hawaii pulls off the upset in dramatic fashion

The Warriors nearly dug their own grave in this rivalry match-up. Coach Utah elected to go for it on three separate 4th and short opportunities near midfield and the Boise State defense sent them packing each time. Hawaii struck first taking a 7-0 lead on a 20 yard scamper by backup HB A. Scruggs. Boise answered with 2 quick TDs but their kicker inexplicably missed both extra points, giving them only a 12-7 advantage. Hawaii QB Kevin Spain found WR B. Nicola for a 53 yard TD strike to take back the lead 14-12. On the ensuing Bronco's possession, Hawaii CB B. Clay jumped in front of a slant route and went 48 yards the other way to make it a 21-12 lead. After a quick three and out Hawaii got the ball back hoping to add to it's lead, but Spain was sacked and injured on the play and would miss the rest of the game.

Despite missing their starting quarterback, Hawaii managed a 34 yd FG to mage the lead 24-12 in the third quarter, but a couple plays later Boise QB J. Laughrea would find B. Jean for an 87 yard TD to narrow the lead to just 24-19 going into the final stanza. Hawaii tried to lean on the running game but wasn't able to make much headway. With less than 2 minuted left in the game Hawaii pinned Boise back around the 10 yard line setting up some late game fireworks. "Hawaii sends Van Ackeren on the safety blitz, but he's picked up, Laughrea with time, looks deep in the seam, HE'S GOT A MAN OPEN, Milllllerrrrr.... MAKES THE CATCH, he's at the 50, 45, 40, nobody's gonna catch him, 20, 15, 10, 5 TOUCHDOWN BRONCOS!!!!! 89 yards from Laughrea to Miller, and just like that folks the Broncos have taken the lead with just about a minute and a half left!"

After a penalty on the return, backup QB Jay Leak takes the field, 1st and 10 from his own 15, down 25-24 on the blue turf with less than 90 seconds left in the game. Undaunted by the situation or the loud, hostile crowd, Leak runs the hurry up offense to perfection, completing 7 consecutive passes over the next 60 seconds, finally hitting freshman TE T. Butler in the flats where Butler would shrug off a tackle from a Boise CB and cruise in for a 21 yard TD to give the Warriors the lead with just 30 seconds left. With the Boise crowd watching in stunned silence, Hawaii would punch in the 2 pt conversion to make the lead 32-25. 3 incompletions and a sack later, the Warriors would walk off the Smurf Turf with a big upset in a Rivalry game.

KEY PERFORMANCES
    Offense: Before going down with an injury, Spain was 8 of 11 passing for 118 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. Leak came in and went 11 of 12 for 162 yards and the winning score, so Hawaii QBs completed an impressive 19 of 23 pass attempts for 280 yards and 2 TDs with 1 INT
    Defense: Cornerback B Clay only managed one tackle on the day, but had 2 pass deflections and 2 interceptions, one of which he took 48 yards for a touchdown

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  18. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Fireworks in Dessert Result in Lobos 41-24 Win over 'Zona

TUSCON - The Arizona Wildcats started off the year as a ranked ball club but were shocked in their opener with an overtime loss to Akron. They seemed to be licking their chops when old rival New Mexico came into town and basically ambushed them to start the game. True Junior Caleb Wright threw a pick on the Lobos opening drive and Arizona answered with a 40 yard touchdown pass. One couldn't help but remember the last time UNM went up against a PAC-12 team in last year's Las Vegas Bowl when they were burned by the Trojans speed time and time again. After a goal line stand resulted in another Wildcat Field Goal, The Lobos forced a fumble on their own 3 yard line to keep it from getting any worse. The score after one was Arizona 10, New Mexico 0. The second quarter started with another Wildcat field goal to extend to lead to 13-0, but UNM did something at the 3:33 mark of the 2nd that they hadn't done all game . . . they got a first down. They capped that drive off with a Justus Adams 27 Yd. FG, but Senior Halfback Trey Watts went down on the drive and would not return. That's when the Diaper Dandies began to take over for the Lobos. First it was True Freshman MLB Jordan Cantrell who came up with a big interception (more on him later), and then True Freshman HB Bo Woods, who broke a nice run before Wright would accidentally find Senior WR Demarcus Rodgers (not at all the intended target) on an overthrow from 36 out to cut the lead to 13-10 at the break.

Arizona opened the second half with another field goal to push the lead back up to 6, but fresh meat candidate Bo "Don't call me Jackson" Woods would give New Mexico it's first lead of the game at the 2:28 mark of the 3rd when he took it in from 2 yards out to make it 17-16 Lobos through 3 quarters. After a beautiful Jusus Adams (we got him punting now too) punt pinned Arizona on it's own 3 yard line, they handed it to HB Butler, who went 97 yards straight up the middle for a seemingly back breaking score. The 2-point conversion put the Wildcats back up 7 but on the ensuing Kickoff (and with Watts now out of the game) newly inserted return man Demarcus Rogers (I think he'll be staying there) got his second score of the game returning the kick 89-yards to tie it back up in this back and forth shootout. Arizona threatened to answer right back but a key interception in the end zone halted the drive. UNM could do nothing with the ball and had to punt it back but that's when the aforementioned freshman Jordan Cantrell scooped up a fumble and went 41 yards for the go-ahead score with 2:52 to go. After another turnover, Adams booted a 39 yarder to extend the lead to 10. After Arizona turned the ball over on downs with just a couple seconds on the clock, the Lobos shocked the home crowd by running an option to 3rd string HB Andrew Gutierrez who took it 36 yards to pay-dirt as time expired.

The Lobos were outgained 464-300 in the yard department and only went 1-8 on the day on 3rd down conversions, but the stat that mattered was their one turnover versus Arizona's six. After the game when asked about the last touchdown, Head Coach Nate Glory responded, "I'm not sure what's with these teams not handling a good natured option play to end the game. Caleb probably shouldn't have pitched it and I do kind of feel bad . . . and if you believe that I've got some swamp land to sell you in Florida"

0- POTG - Bo Woods - 10 carries, 74 yards (7.4 a carry for the non-math majors) and a touchdown
    D- POTG - Jordan Cantrell - 11 tackles (8 solo), 3 tackles for losses, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery returned for a touchdown
    ST-POTG - Demarcus Rodgers who returned a pivitol kickoff 89 yards for a score (and chipped in on the day with a couple catches for 42 yards and a touchdown)

19. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

FIU Beats Down UTEP
    Win 38-14

The FIU Golden Panthers beat the UTEP Miners 38-14, but Head Coach Baron was less than pleased with his defense's effort. "I figure that that fleXbox One is easy enough to defend, but giving up the yardage we did and letting them in the endzone twice was not what I wanted to see from our guys."

Still the Panthers D had a good day on the turnover front forcing 3 fumbles, one of which was taken by OLB Justin Carter for a score in the in the first half. Kedrick Rhodes had a phenomenal game rushing the ball, going for 117 yards and 2 TDs on only 11 carries. QB Andrew Kelly had a fair day passing, going 11 for 18 with a score, but was plagued by turnovers with 2 INTs.

Brandon Dunn continued his outstanding senior campaign with 2 more sacks. FS Curtis Moss would also have an INT for a score.

The Golden Panthers will host Memphis next week.

(I am TERRIFIED of what's going to happen my first user game. My defense is flat out atrocious).

20. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Poor UTEP . . . helluva first 3 games to try to install a new offense.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Florida - 24
    #16 Maryland - 7

Florida is able to pull out the huge win versus coach IX DECAY IX and the Maryland Terrapins! The mid-range passing game was the only thing working for the Gators all day, but the defense made some key stops and Florida made the most of their opportunities. It was a very tightly contested game in the first half as both teams moved the ball a little, but the defenses played better. Both teams were able to cap off long drives with a touchdown leading to a 7-7 gridlock in the first half. Florida however was able to take the first possession of the 2nd half the length of the field and QB Jeff Driskel hit TE Jesse Miller in the flat. Miller got some good blocking up-field by his receivers and was able to plow his way in from 18-yards for a TD. Maryland was driving deep in Gators territory looking to tie the game up when Florida CB Adam Wright intercepted a Devin Burns pass and took it 86 yards for a score to go up 14 points and was the major turning point of the game. Maryland was unable to recover from the blow and Florida added a field goal late as they were running out the clock.

Possible award candidate stats:

OLB Neiron Ball - 7 tackles, 1 INT
    QB Jeff Driskel - 11/16 185 yards 1 TD, 2 INT

22. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Texas Tech- 56
    Louisville- 35

The Red Raiders offense has turned into quite the juggernaut totaling over 700yds of offense and every bit was needed to break away from a 35-35 second half tie. QB Young threw for 481yds 5 TD, RB Williams rushed for 215yds 3 TD. But most importantly Texas Tech is taking care of the ball commiting just 1 turnover. This time last year TT would have been in double digits in turnovers for the year opposed to 2 for the season. If the D could just put up a fight, fans in Lubbock might be thinking BCS this year. Oh and NO SACKS for the defense!!!!

23. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hawaii gets a huge win in their home opener, embarrassing North Texas 61-0

The Warriors came into this game as favorites after back to back wins over Washington and Boise State. This one was a snoozer as North Texas failed to effectively move the ball, registering just over 100 yards of total offense with just 5 first downs, none of which were third down conversions, as they went 0 for 12 in that department. On offense the balanced attack of the Warriors continues to keep defenses guessing and the efficient play of their quarterbacks continues to keep the ball moving. On the day, Hawaii quarterbacks combined to go 16 of 22 for 304 yards and 4 TDs with no INTs. On the ground W. Gregory had 124 yards rushing with a TD while adding another TD receiving. In addition, second string HB A. Scruggs ran for 95 yards and a TD. In all the Warriors looked good, though their pass protection struggled at times as they gave up 4 sacks, one of which sent starter K. Spain to the sideline with a mild concussion in the third quarter. Even though Spain failed to return, backup J. Leak again looked comfortable running the offense, completing 5 of his 6 pass attempts, including a 54 yard TD strike to fellow backup B. Nicola. Hawaii enters their bye week with a 3-0 record and plays host to Utah State in two weeks.

24. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

UAB fights hard but comes up short against #3 LSU​
    UAB 32
    LSU 38

UAB’s coach papaloke has struggled against top 10 teams since his career began. This trend continued tonight as LSU proved to be the better team and came away with a victory. A seesaw battle that started on LSU’s first play from scrimmage, a 75 yard TD pass over zone coverage put UAB behind the 8 ball. LSU played a mistake free game and didn’t give up a single turnover. With a tie game going into the fourth quarter, LSU once again powered it’s way into Blazer territory but the defense stiffened and held LSU to only a field goal. LSU was only 1 for 8 on third down attempts for the game. Now the Blazers had the ball, down by 6 points with 3 minutes left on the clock. “We fought and clawed the whole game, LSU showed why they’re ranked #3 in the nation” Their defensive line totally overwhelmed us tonight” said coach papaloke. The LSU D line was the story of the game and limited the Blazers running game and on every passing play ended up somewhere in the UAB backfield. The Blazers were stopped on a 4th and 13 and the ball returned back to LSU. LSU scored a quick TD at the 1:45 mark, so the blazers have the ball back, down by 13 with less than 2 minutes left in the game. The blazers scored quick, failed to recover the onside kick but then held LSU and got the ball back again down now only by 6. With only seconds left on the clock UAB was unable to move the ball and the game ended. “We didn’t lose, we just ran out of time.” said papaloke jokingly.

QB Isaiah Johnson 312 yrds passing 1 TD
    RB Darrin Reaves 116 yards rushing 3 TDs
    WR Paul Robinson 5 catches 144 yards 1 TD

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  25. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Florida - 48
    Texas A&M - 10

Florida wins big in both Texas A&Ms and Coach Dusty Bottoms first SEC game. The defense was the big story as they held the Aggies to a paltry 141 yards of total offense while allowing only 4 passes to be completed. A&M managed to get a field goal on their own and their only touchdown came on defense as CB Justin Harris avoided a blocker and jumped a WR screen pass and took it 48 yards to the house. Florida QB Jeff Driskel went 10/13 for 263 yards 3 TD and 1 INT as he exploited the aggressive Aggies defense and beat man coverage all day. Mike Blakely add 142 yards on the ground on just 15 carries and back-up QB Jacoby Brissett ran for 91 yards and a TD in relief of Driskel in the second half.