Season 4 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bulldog, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Week 1
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Utes Get Revenge In Opener, 24-16 over Miami
    Dunn's arm and Ute redzone D sees Utah beat Hurricanes
    Things did not start out well for the Utes in their rematch with Miami. Miami drove down the length of the field, seemingly at will, never gaining less than 6 yards a play until they got to the Utes goalline. But the Ute defense would clamp down and, in a theme to be repeated, forced Miami to settle for a field goal.​
    But Luke Dunn, successfully stymied last year by the Hurricanes, came into the game "vastly improved as a passer" and showed it on the first drive. On third down on the Miami 39 yard line, Dunn hit an almost impossible window to last year's favorite target, Luke Williams for the improbable first down and score, 7-3 Utah.​
    After stopping another Miami drive, Dunn would orchestrate another long drive, this time capping it off with Dunn's legs, from 1 yard out, 14-3 Utah. Miami would manage to bring themselves within a score with a field goal in the 2nd, 14-6 Utah. Utah would have another long drive, and look to go up 21-6 before the half. But Dunn would have his first error of the season, fumbling inside the Miami 20, allowing Miami to get a field goal before the half, 14-9 Utah.​
    The third quarter would belong to Utah's defense, keeping Miami off the board. Miami's D, would bend but not break even with Dunn slinging it around. But one drive would be all it took to capitalize on for Dunn. Despite the emotional let down of a wide open Darius Harrington dropping the ball on second down, Dunn would orchestrate a speed option to Harvey Langi, with Langi just barely getting in for the 1 yard score. 21-9 Utah.​
    Miami would contain Dunn the rest of the quarter but a Utah field goal early in the 4th would seemingly put things out of reach. Miami would get a touchdown with 4:56 left to bring them within 8 points, 24-16.​
    But a subsequent fumble in the redzone and a clock draining drive by Utah would seem to end all hope of a Miami comeback. Getting the ball with a minute left and no timeouts, Miami would have a slim shot that became no shot after throwing a first play INT to Juco transfer Brian Nelson.​
    Both teams get a significantly easier matchup: Utah will face in state rival, BYU, while Miami takes on Toledo.​
    Team Stats Week 1.JPG Ind Stats Week 1.JPG
    ( GG Bucs )​

3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Week 3

UCLA Takes #5 Iowa Into Second Overtime
    Gutsy call by Jim Mora the deciding factor

Despite the score, this game was played close due to the great defenses that took the field. Iowa, against the run and against the pass were very stubborn. Iowa RB G. Garmon, while not racking up yardage, was a hard guy to bring down, with the Bruins constantly needing two guys for the tackle. The two teams combined for 9/22 on third downs, and only had a minute separate their time of possession. In the first overtime, I scored pretty quickly, and Erick Zumwalt on the Iowa possession dropped an easy interception. His lack of hands would cost him this game, as the Hawkeyes scored easily from there on out, and on the second play in the second overtime. UCLA was able to respond, and after scoring a touchdown, opted to go for 2 for the win. They were unsuccessful. "We had to take that chance. Our guys were tired, and I wasn't sure we'd be able to stop them the next overtime," explained Mora Jr. "I haven't taken a chance like that in all my time here, and against the #5 ranked team in the country, you do what it takes to get in a position to win."

Week3ScoringSummary.jpg
    Week3TeamStats.jpg
    Week3OffensiveBoxScore.jpg Week3DefensiveBoxScore.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That is a good call Marty. I would have done the same thing in that situation. You win some and you lose some when you gamble.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Week 4

UCLA Attempts to Stop Navy Run Game
    Linebacker Luke Stephens has another great game

After licking their wounds from a disappointing loss at Iowa, the Bruins hosted the Midshipmen of Navy in Week 4, their third contest of the season. Navy, led by Sean Montgomery, would be forced to abandon their triple option attack, instead using Montgomery's arm as a tool. UCLA would take command early, with their opening drive ending rather quickly as Jacob Riley would take one outside for 48 yards and a touchdown. That being the longest running play for a Bruins running back in the last five seasons, and easily the biggest sign of the new offense in this young season. Navy's response would lead them down to the 17 yard in UCLA territory, only to be ended with a missed field goal. Navy's defense would step up, as Will Washington would pick off a poor Hundley pass(his only incompletion of the first half,) taking the short field, 17 yards, to the endzone. 7-7, all tied up.

The second quarter had two UCLA touchdowns scored, a reception by TE #2 J. Woods from 7 yards out, the second a Jason Smith run from 3 yards out. A hail mary near the end of the half would result in a completion from Navy QB Montgomery to James King, for a 40 yard touchdown. With Navy receiving at the beginning of the second half, and only down one touchdown, the Midshipmen had a real chance. With the UCLA defense clamping down in the second half though, the Midshipmen would be shut out for the rest of the game, meanwhile UCLA padding their lead with Hundley throwing his second and third touchdowns of the game.

Key Statistics
    UCLA QB Brett Hundley - 19/26 for 153 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions
    Navy QB Sean Montgomery - 20/34 for 259 yards, 1 touchdown and 0 interceptions

UCLA HB Jason Smith - 22 rushes for 109 yards, 1 touchdown
    UCLA HB Jacob Riley - 6 rushes for 83 yards, 1 touchdown

UCLA MLB Luke Stephens - 12 Tackles, 3 Tackles for Loss
    Navy FS D.J. Shelton - 14 Tackles

Player of the Game
    UCLA HB Jason Smith - 22 rushes for 109 yards, 1 touchdown

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Clemson rebounds from their debacle against UNC and puts up an impressive 55 points in a 55-21 victory. The Tigers had an outstanding day on offense, gaining 283 yards on the ground while accumulating 232 through the air for a total of 515 yards.

The Tigers' defense left much to be desired as they gave up 324 passing yards, but they forced 4 turnovers and got the stops when they needed them.

After struggling mightily against UNC last week, QB Chad Kelly rebounded nicely and was rewarded the play of the game as he was 11/17 for 232 yards and 3 TDs while also rushing 13 times for 86 yards and a TD.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Week 4
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Beavers Upset Sparty!
    After having a back and forth affair it would freeze in the 4th Quarter showing an in-game highlight (really EA) so they would restart and go at it one more time. This game was just dominated by the Beavers. Right from the get go OSU controlled the game with a 4 minute drive, ending in a one yard TD by RB Terron Ward. And how do you deflate a team's confidence after a long successful drive? Score right back and fast. MSU would do just that pounding the rock and finishing up the drive with a one yard TD pass from QB Peter Webster to WR Juwan Caesar. This would be the closest the game would be because the Beavers just dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Sparty could not get anything going and the Beavers capitalized. In the 2nd Quarter K Matt Jordan successful put two (22 and 23 yard) FGs through the uprights but OSU was not finished. Right before halftime Webster made a crucial mistake by throwing an interception to CB Bryan Fields. Fields took it into enemy territory and let his offense do the rest. Two plays later QB Richie Harrington found his Senior TE Caleb Smith for the 5 yard TD. Beavers went into the half up 20-7.​
    The second half was much of the same as OSU's defense sacked Webster three more times and picked him off once more to end the game. RB Storm Woods wasted no time in the 3rd by busting through the middle and out ran MSU defenders for the 76 yard TD. This would cap the scoring for the rest of the game and the Beavers cruised to victory.​
    FINAL SCORE:
    [​IMG] 27
    [​IMG] 7
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Storm Woods- 21 Atts, 141 yards, 1 TD

8. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Clemson puts together it's most impressive performance this season. The Tigers, led by QB Chad Kelly who had 3 TDs passing and 3 TDs rushing in the first half alone, absolutely stomped the Cincinnati Bearcats 63-7. Clemson led 42-0 going in the half and pulled their starters.

The second team D forced 3 turnovers and held their own, though the first team defense only allowed one first down. In total, the Bearcats held the ball for a grand total of 6:42 for the entire game.

The Tigers totaled 591 yards (256 passing, 335 rushing). QB Chad Kelly is building a bit of a Heisman campaign for himself these last two weeks as he's totaled 10 TDs in the last two contests.

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Week 5
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Beavers Get Past Bulldogs
    My game capture has been messing up lately so hopefully the sound isn't distorted​
    FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 42

• Like Like x 1
  10. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Want to take a crack at our game JFace907 ? I know the TMFL podcast has had you busy.

11. Bulldog

12. Bulldog

13. Bulldog

28 [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] 35
    Close one in Hollywood!
    [​IMG]
    The Trojans escape a close one in Los Angeles Saturday against their rival the California Golden Bears 35-28. In the first quarter USC scored first on a 54 yard run by HB Alec Jaffe. Cal would strike back with a touchdown of their own on a 49 yard pass from QB Kyle Boehm to WR Bryce Treggs. USC qould score once more before the end of the first quarter on a 67 yard pass from QB Cody Kessler to WR Darreus Rogers. In the second quarter Cal would drive down the field and score on a 1 yard pass from QB Kyle Boehm to WR Bryce Treggs. USC would get the ball with 0:41 left in the first half and score with 0:07 left on a 14 yard pass from QB Cody Kessler to WR Darreus Rogers. In the third quarter Cal would get the ball first and drive it down the field to score on a 14 yard run by WR Chris Harper. USC would respond with a 35 yard pass from QB Cody Kessler to WR Drew Davis. Cal tied it up with 0:16 left in the third quarter on a 13 yard run by HB Daniel Lasco. In the fourth quarter USC would score to take the lead on a 17 yard run by HB Alec Jaffe and shut down Cal for the remainder of the game(4:15). After the game we caught up with coach Bulldog and asked him what he thought about today's game, "I felt our defense could have played better. We should have stopped them on those third and fourth down plays. I felt we didn't get enough pressure on their quarterback and that lead to some big plays on their end. We are just glad to get the win and will get back to work Monday at practice." Next week USC will travel north to Washington to play the Washington State Cougars.

Player of the game
    Cody Kessler - 18/27, 352 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

UCLA hosts Washington State, wins 38-24​
    This game was hardly ever in doubt. Washington State took a 14-10 lead before the half, giving the Bruins enough time to respond. They'd go in up 17-14 at the half, and wouldn't look back. Brett Hundley on his senior campaign would throw for 335 yards and 4 touchdowns. ​

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Week 6
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Harrington Takes Over, Beavers Win
    FINAL SCORE:
    [​IMG] 31
    [​IMG] 19

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Week 7
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Beavers Come Back and Win in OT
    FINAL SCORE:
    [​IMG] 38
    [​IMG] 39
    GG Baron!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Great summary man. Glad the video clearly shows my DBs with their thumbs up their asses on three separate plays at the end.

That said, I love watching/listening to these things. Great analysis and play-calls.

Also I Peench I don't care WHAT voodoo magic you have to work, but get this fucker off my schedule. :)

18. Bulldog

[​IMG]at[​IMG]

Trojans dominate in win over Washington State!
    scoring wk7yr4.PNG
    team stats wk7yr4.PNG

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Oregon gets back on track in Arizona
    Ducks 38
    Sun Devils 13

After what has been a disaterous start by the Oregon Ducks this year the ship may have finally corrected its course against ASU. The Ducks came into this game sub .500 for the first time under this coaching staff, and rumors had been floating that the head coach may be stepping down after possibly loosing interest in the college game. This week however there appeared to be no signs of letting up as Oregon pounded ASU early and often in a game that was never really close, as the Ducks ran over and around the defense this week putting up 31 points. The Duck defense got its quack back with a stellar outing including a defensive score.

Offensive leaders : Darnell Holmes 20-34 283 yards 2 TD 39 yards rush 1 TD , HB Ayele Forde 150 yards 1 TD
    Defensive leaders : FS James Bowling 6 tack 1 INT 1 TD

After the game it was announced that the Oregon offensive coordinator would be stepping down at the end of the season, as the head coach will take over those duties and will consider implementing a more pro style offense.

20. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

enjoy reading these write ups

21. Bulldog

37[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]21

Trojans win 7th straight game!
    [​IMG]

scoring wk9s4.PNG player stats wk9s4.PNG team stats wk9s4.PNG

22. Bulldog

23. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    MARYLAND ESCAPES WITH A WIN TO KEEP THEIR ACC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME HOPES ALIVE
    Capture.PNG
    Maryland snaps their 5 game losing streak in perfect timing as they get ready for a big game next week against #22 Clemson. We get Stefon Diggs back also.

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I will be honest man , I hate playing the CPU and it makes it hard for me to do a summary without bitching about it ......

Now that we have heard my excuse I will start doing them more often , just been too bummed about the game to feel like doing content. I will try to keep the pace better.

25. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.