Season 4: Impact Players

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JCspartan2, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG]
    Offense:​
    I could close my eyes and point to someone on this roster and chances are he would have eye-popping stats. WR Garic Wharton, however, has blown away the nation this year and will be a top 5 NFL pick. the Guy has over 1500 yards receiving and 25 TDs. What's more impressive is that he only has 4 drops on the season to his 66 receptions.​
    Defense:​
    From my unbiased opinion, the guy making the biggest impact on this defense is FS Willie Cannon. He has 51 tackles (34 solo) and 9 of those are for a loss, including one sack. On top of that, he has 3 INTs and 5 pass deflections along with 2 fumble recoveries. He's always around the ball and one wonders where the back half of this defense would be without him.​
    [​IMG]

No one's stats pop out to you as being overly impressive on this team, but that's typical of a Jello coached unit. True Freshman QB Robbie Thomas has had the biggest impact as the teams second leading passer and leading rusher. He has 600 yards of offense through the air and an 8/5 TD to INT ratio. On top of that he also has 433 yards on the ground, averaging 4.1 YPC.​
    The easily goes to ROLB Christian French. French has piled up 72 total tackles (50 solo), 21 of those are for a loss including 7 sacks. He also has a forced fumble and fumble recovery and has been the key guy in a stout ASU defense.​
    [​IMG]
    Hands down the most important part of the Bulldog offense this season has been HB Isaiah Crowell. He is averaging over 7 YPC and thus far has amassed 1100 yards rushing to go with 14 TDs while not loosing one fumble. The senior has his team in contention for the national title for the 2nd straight year.​
    SS Zach Washington looks like the best player no one has heard of, which is probably due to the talent surrounding him in the SEC. Washington has 58 tackles (33 Solo) with 3 for a loss. More impressively he has 4 forced fumbles, so you know this guy can bring it. He also has 3 INTs on the season and 7 other passes deflected.​
    [​IMG]
    There really isn't a top guy on this offense, they do a really nice job spreading the ball around. The guy that gives me the most problems in the B1G rivalry game is WR Justin Muse. The Junior is 6'6 and has great speed. He single handedly beat my Spartans by making a diving catch down the sideline for a first down to seal the win late in the 4th.​
    CB Delonte Hollowell has been a playmaker for the Wolverines this season. The Senior has 5 INTs already and 9 other passes deflected. He has also recorded a safety and a defensive touchdown and has more than likely been personally responsible for more than one of UofM's close wins this season.​
    [​IMG]
    Everyone knows about WR Keith Mumphrey at this point. The Senior has 634 yards receiving as well as 367 yards rushing with 11 total TDs. He has also returned a punt for a TD an is one of the nations leading return men in terms of yards per return.​
    MLB Lawrence Thomas has been playing like his namesake this season. The Junior has 72 total tackles (46 solo) to go along with 11 TFL, including 3 sacks. He also has 3 INTs, 5 passes deflected, and 3 Forced fumbles. He is a stat sheet filler and one major reason MSU's defense hasn't been a complete flop this season.​
    [​IMG]
    It's been a rough year for the Wildcats so far, but viewers have to be impressed with the play of senior HB Kellen Williams. He has rushed for over 1000 yards and is averaging almost 6 YPC and has also reached the endzone 11 times. He is going to be a difficult guy to replace this coming year.​
    From my observations as a casual observer, the Wildcat's most dynamic player on defense is RE John Baldwin. The junior has 5 sacks on the season and 17 tackles for a loss including 1 forced fumble. I think it's pretty safe to say that the Wildcats could be without a win if it weren't for the inspiring play of this young man.​
    [​IMG]
    It's no secret that coach Edge and Ole Miss like to run the ball. HB Anthony Martin has allowed them to do that this season with over 1500 yards on the ground and almost 6 yards per carry. Martin has also found the endzone 17 times and hasn't lost a fumble this season. His 30 broken tackles are near the top of the league. Martin is also the teams second leading receiver with 21 catches for 244 yards.​
    FS James Haynes is easily the most important part of this squad. His 72 tackles are 20 more than anyone else on his team and he's also tacked on 2 INTs, 2 FFs and 6 passes deflected. Ole Miss is going to have a lot of work to do in replacing the productivity Haynes has exhibited in his time at school.​
    [​IMG]
    With the major issues at QB this team has had the silver lining has to be HB Remound Wright. The junior from Indiana as 1200 yards and 12 TDs and has provided the majority of this teams offense. It's safe to say that without Wright, Stanford could be looking at a .500 or worse season.​
    ROLB Patrick Skov is still there?!?!? This dude has been filling up stat sheets ever since he stepped foot in Palo Alto. This season he has wracked up 61 total tackles (41 solo) with 18 of those being for a loss. He has also forced 2 fumbles. Stanford has the impossible job of replacing him this coming year.​
    [​IMG]
    Tennessee doesn't appear to have any impact players on offense. These are the most realistic and team-oriented stats I've ever seen. If I had to choose, I'd give this award to both HBs Marlin Lane and Devrin Young. Lane has 887 yards to Youngs 784 and they have combined for 16 TDs. The major difference between the two is that Lane seems better able to make guys miss, judging by his 17 broken tackles on the season.​
    Senior DT Corey Miller is the teams best defensive player, totaling 41 tackles from the DT position, including 10 sacks. He also has 3 FFs and 2 pass deflections.​
    [​IMG]

Offense:

Interestingly, the player making the biggest impact on offense for this team is TE Austin Jenkins. The Junior has 38 receptions for 540 yards and is the teams leading receiver. I have to imagine this guys stats would be even more impressive if he had some more talent around him, but this teams issues at QB are limiting his production.

Defense:

MLB Thomas Tutogi is one of the top tacklers in the nation with 83 total tackles. His resume also includes 5.5 sacks, 17 TFL, 1 INT, and 2 FFs. He is a senior so the Huskies are going to need to spend some serious time finding his replacement.

[​IMG]
    Heisman candidate HB Melvin Gordon is the easy choice here. The Junior has 1400 yards on the ground with 21 TDs. He is also towards the top in the nation in broken tackles with 35 and has not lost a fumble in the process. The biggest impact for this team has to be the offensive line though, they easily have the best pancake to sack ratios of any user team.​
    Freshman DT Bryan Hodge has been dominant all season. He has an amazing 20 tackles for a loss, including 11.5 sacks in his first season on the field. Is this the next Ndomukong Suh?​
    Most of these guys are seniors, looking ahead do you have the necessarily replacements lined up? Or is it going to be rough sledding ahead trying to use multiple guys to fill the void left by these athletes?​

• Like Like x 5
  2. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Damn! Should have never let this guy get away and sign with UofCWildcat

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

HB Corey Kimbrough should be able to step right into Crowell's shoes when he leaves. Kimbrough is actually one of my impact players already even though he is in a back up role. I expected him to get more carries this year, but the ability Murray has running the ball has made him our 2nd leading rusher. We also signed the #3 ATH Brad Knox this year who will be a HB at UGA. His size/speed have the coaches drooling most as he stands 6'2" 237 lbs with B+ speed.

On defense, Washington is only a junior so he should have one more season left in Athens. When he leaves, the #1 SS Chaz Sullivan from this years class will take over. He doesn't have quite the hit power, but he already has good coverage skills.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Nice write-up JC, considering you have alot on your plate with school and all. Wright is a huge reason we managed to get where we are but I believe the speedster in Young could have carried us if necessary, he has 600 yards on the season.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Whoever would've guessed that a 6'6, 233 LB OLB with 95 ACC and 93 SPD would be a good player?

Once again I'd like to thank the Ducks for not playing this kids as much as he wanted and thus sending him my way!

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

For the Devils you mentioned, neither of them are SRs so they'll hopefully be back next year (French could very easily go pro). I've done a good job of recruiting guys that I need so I see my team getting better next year.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

How did he come to me? I thought he was all but signed with your Bulldogs?!?!

That explains why he was reeking havoc in my backfield....

And nice write up JC! I think both Ka'Deem and Garic are the only offensive players i credit with Impact player. Jeremy Johnson likes to get the butterfingers on scrambles (ask Jello)

8. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I was recruiting him when I had some extra time after filling most of my needs. When Rambo left early I ended up needing him, but offered the scholarship week 1 of the off-season but didn't get an instant commit. Then he signed with you after visiting both of us in week 1.

We don't need Cannon now, but if SS Washington leaves early he would have been a nice replacement with some years in the program. Now if that happens, we will have some growing pains with a true freshman at safety.

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Excellent job JC!

My core guys are juniors or sophomores like Muse, Rawls , Hayes and Turner on offense. I have skill position depth with a couple guys redshirted and incoming freshman.

Defensively I will lose three of four starters on the line along with MLB Ryan. Hollowell has been huge this year after making some big plays as a reserve.

10. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I almost got :mad: lol. But thank you for the compliment. I may be just a bad enough player to pull off those stats (y)

The final regular season #s on my HBs:
    Senior Marlin Lane - 203 ATT. 1138 Yards. 12 TD. 64 yard longest run. 8 20+ rushes
    RS Junior Devrin Young - 160 ATT. 1037 Yards. 10 TD. 66 yard longest run. 8 20+ rushes

As for my D. Well the unit itself isn't very good and I'll go on to say I may be the worst defensive player here, just a hunch.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG]

Melvin Gordon has been fantastic and the playmaker of this offense since he took over the HB duties when James White got hurt midway thru the 2012 season. Gordon is the all-time rushing touchdown leader in Wisconsin history, passing Ron Dayne this week. Gordon has been the Heisman front runner all season and if he wins will most certainly go pro. The Badgers will have three capable sophmore running backs next year, each with their own unique skill set. Derek Brown is a straight line power back with amazing break away speed. As a redshirt freshman he has scored 6 touchdowns and ran for over 350 yards this year. Kevin Dykes is a JUCO sophmore, who is redshirting this year. He has an amazing combination of speed, agility and acceleration, but lacks the toughness to regularly carry it between the tackles. He will contribute situationally on offense, but will most likely be a big contributor in the return game. Lorenzo Johnson is big dude who lacks breakaway speed, but is very balanced and will be solid in a back up role.

DT Bryan Hodge is only a rsFreshman and has a bright future ahead of him. He has impressed his coaches and quite honestly, really surprised them with how well he has played. The coaching staff did not expect him to perform this well this early. As far as the future of the Badger defense, next years team only loses 2 starters, so I would expect this unit to dominate B1G offenses for awhile.