Season 4 Kickoff!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Welcome to Season 4! Two user games to kickoff the season. I will be giving an extra day since it will be Thanksgiving. Advance will be Saturday at 5pm EST.

Games

Arizona (JC) at #2 Texas

#22 USF (Wicktorious) at Arizona State (DJ)

#17 Maryland (Keller) at #11 Rutgers (fuzzy)

NC State (Blonde) at Georgia

All schedules are A or better, some people have multiple user games in a row or multiple Byes, just the way stuff worked out. Anyway good luck the season and have fun!

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Arizona 26
    Texas 28

GOD DAMMIT!!!!!!!

For most of the first quarter my offense dominated Texas and my defense got lucky a few times. I was testing my new offense (Auburns playbook) with my Cam Newton-esque QB Thomas Jack (86 speed, 90 Accel). The offense was unstoppable for the most part with Jack at the helm. The option reads from shotgun worked very well, even against Texas. I had to settle for a FG unfortunately on my fist drive once I got in the redzone. I stopped Texas and on my next possession Jack, who missed all of last season with an injury, broke a huge run but got hit (lightly I might add) and was lost for the remainder of the game. In comes backup QB Ross Oltorik who lit up the stat board last season through the air. This offense is not designed for him, however, and it was difficult to move the ball.

Towards the end of the first quarter, Texas decided I wasn't going to win this game. HB Whaley broke about 5 tackles in one play and rushed for a 78 yard TD to take a 7-3 lead. Whaley would dominate the rest of the game with 264 yards 3TDs and 14 recorded broken tackles!!!

He was completely unstoppable. It felt like playing on heisman.

Still, I was able to limit Texas to a couple FG attempts when they tried to pass (why they tried to pass I have no idea) and they missed both. Down 8 points with 45 seconds left, Oltorik once again played hero and lead his team to a TD. On the 2-pt conversion Oltorik found a WIDE OPEN receiver in HB Brady Vaughn, who dropped the soft lob pass and lost the game for his team...depressing way to lose.

The game was really fun, but I'm concerned about all of the broken tackles for Whaley. Even on heisman sliders in The Experience you don't see 14 "recorded" broken tackles, even though they actually break a lot more than that. Usually it only shows 5-7 broken tackles. 14 is crazy.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I feel your Texas pain. They roughed me up last season as well.

4. fuzzyl0gic

[​IMG]

The Scarlet Knights kicked off the season with a close W over the #17 Maryland Terrapins. The defense is much improved this year, and the freshman QB Jonathan Edwards had a great first game. The concern coming into the game was an efficient passing game (with my crappy receivers), but the Terrapins did a great job in shutting down the run game and luckily Edwards completed passes when he needed to. The defense is even faster than last year, and it seemed they were able to generate constant pressure on Burns, forcing some sacks and bad throws. The sole INT of the day by CB Logan Ryan actually registered as a safety ^^^ when he ran out of bounds with it. Good game Keller, it was a lot of fun chatting while we played, even though I thought you needed to be on suicide watch by the end of it (Haha).

Stats:

[​IMG]

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I got worked by Rutgers, period.

As usual my WR's can't beat man coverage and my offense was putrid. I was only even in the ball game because of the ridiculous INT/Safety thing (it shouldn't have registered as a safety,) and a kick return for a TD. I lost my best player, HB Porzel early in the game (late first or early second) and it really killed me.

I stopped the run for the most part but got diced up through the air, as usual. I'm terrible at this game and it makes me want to just die. I hate being uncompetitive, I suck soooooooooo bad. Congrats to fuzzy, his team may not look it but he is jacked. He has linebackers with 94 speed and his team in general is so fast. Don't try throwing deep, you can't beat his corners. His WR's may suck but they're fast too so its pretty much just a rape fest. Not trying to take anything away from fuzzy, hes a good dude and played 100% sim. He won fair and square.

/rant

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

If Rutgers is still fast, then I am screwed as well, if my defense is like last season's unit they are not catching anyone.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Georgia - 27​
    NC State - 21​
    F-OT​
    Well this game was just BRUTAL...my offense couldn't do jack shit the first half (25 offensive yards, I believe) but my defense played Georgia well. The Bulldogs ran a lot in the first 3 quarters, and I did a decent job of stopping them. But when my impact HB James Washington got hurt in the 2nd quarter, it was all downhill from there.​
    It started with a pick from my QB Tyler Brosius, who made a touchdown saving tackle at the 1 yard line, but UGA punched it in the next play, and took the 7-0 lead into halftime. In the 3rd quarter, Georgia struck with their first big play of the game, a 30 yard touchdown pass from Aaron Murray to Gemara Lewis. However, on the next play Mustafa Greene (replacing Washington) ran 85 yards for a touchdown to get the Wolfpack their first points of the game. This was when my defense really stood up, dominating the Georgia offense the rest of regulation. After a 3-and-out, NC State was driving, inside UGA territory when Green was stripped, and the Bulldogs returned it inside Wolfpack territory, setting up an 8 yard touchdown pass for Murray, his 2nd of the day. Down 21-7 entering the 4th, NC State dominated the quarter, and got a lucky break. On the first play of the quarter, at their own 20, NC State ran a deep route for the slot receiver, who was wide open. The ball hit him in the hands, then bounced down, hit a defender, popped up and was scooped by the safety, who barely intercepted it (booth reviewed it because it was so close to the ground). On his return, the receiver who dropped it raced from behind, stripped him of the ball, then picked up the loose football and ran 55 yards for a touchdown, one of the craziest plays in Wolfpack history. After another defensive stop, the Wolfpack put together another 4th quarter drive to tie the game, and it was capped with a touchdown rush by Greene. The defense stopped Georgia on 4th down as time expired to send it into overtime, where NC State won the toss.​
    The Wolfpack quickly got the Bulldogs into a 3rd and 11, where Murray made a throw that WENT THROUGH my linebacker's hand before finding his target inside the 10 yard line, setting up a 3 yard touchdown rush by Georgia. However, their kicker missed the PAT (he also missed an 18 yard field goal at the end of the 1st half), leaving the door open for the Wolfpack. On the first play of their possession, Mustafa Greene rushed 24 yards down to the 1 yard line, and it looked like he crossed the goal line, but the refs didn't overturn the call. This ended up costing NC State the game, as on the next play, Greene was stripped at the 2, and UGA pounced on it to end the game.​
    [​IMG]
    The fumble that lost the game for NC State, in overtime

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

He man you beat me solidly, don't get yourself down, there's always next week. Trust me on this, I have lost many MANY tough games and really know how you feel.

9. gowazzucougs

Army 7
    Northwestern 35

There is not much to say other than the Black Knights are not very good. Denard Robinson started his MVP campaign by throwing for two TDs passes, and running for 2 TDs. The starters were pulled after the score was 28-0 midway through the third quarter. Next week Hawaii.

10. fuzzyl0gic

Rutgers - 31
    Alabama - 28

The Scarlet Knights took care of business against #1 Alabama, impressing their home crowd with a huge victory. The offense got shut out the first quarter, trailing 0-10 going into the second. Edwards and Williams lead back to back touch down drives, while the defense held it's ground and gave up no points. Alabama managed to get a FG after a few long passes, so it was 14-13 at the half. In the third, both teams traded TDs, and the suspense was rising as it was tied at 21 at the beginning of the 4th. De Antwan Williams electrified the crowd with an 80 yard run to begin the quarter, putting the Knights up 28-21. The defense forced a 3-and-out, and Rutgers responded with another FG. The lead was a comfortable one at this point (31-21), as not much time was remaining in the game. Alabama used all their TOs and used a no huddle offense and squeaked in a TD with :40 seconds left in the game. They could not recover their onside kick, and Johnathan Edwards kneeled to victory.

Stats:

Passing
    J. Edwards 12/15 173 YDs 1 INT

Rushing
    D. Williams 28 atts 233 YDs 3 TDs

Receiving
    J. Henderson 5 catches, 77 yards
    S. Hicks 4 catches, 56 yards

11. gowazzucougs

Northwestern 32
    Hawaii 18

The Warriors almost pulled off the upset against the Wildcats as they jumped out to a 18-3 lead midway through the third quarter. Then the Wildcats would mount a comeback scoring 29 unanswered points. The comeback started when Denard Robinson hit Drew Molton on a 79 yard touchdown pass. Then on the first play of the fourth quarter WR Drew Molton received the handoff from Denard Robinson and took it up the gut and scored on a 26 yard TD run. The Wildcats were able to get the two point conversion tying the game. Then immediately after the kickoff lineback Collin Ellis intercepted Hawaii's QB Kevin Spain, and a few players later HB Zac Ferguson took a pitch and ran into the end zone. The Wildcats were able to finish off the Warriors on a 40 yard option pitch to Jimmy Hall to cap off the game.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Michigan State 42

UConn 28

The Huskies gave Sparty a run for their money in the season opener but great defensive play in the 4th allowed MSU's offense to break away. Joe Boisture kicked off his Senior season with an excellent game, scoring 6 total TD, throwing at least TD to 4 different receivers. One thing that State is accustomed to is their run game, which seemed to be having an identity crisis, using 3 of their runningbacks. For now the starter looks to be Nick Hill. MLB Tyquan Hammock also had a great day for a linebacker with 9 tackles and 2 sacks.

State starts off 1-0 and hosts the USF Bulls next week.

Stats

J. Boisture 20/31, 401 yards, 5 TD, 3 rushes, 12 yards, TD

D. Spencer 2 Rec, 120 yds, TD

K. Mumphrey 5 Rec, 93yds, 2 TD