Season 4 - News - Week 3

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Krebstar425, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

[​IMG]

Oh goodness, it's back. The best place to hear utter nonsense in terms of all things related to TFL L1. What's that? Things have changed since I've been gone? Lyon is at the top of the table? A Spanish side has claimed they will win the league and they're not Villarreal or Valencia? The Russians are back?! Let's go.​

So, let's start at the top. The top of the table, that is. Currently sitting high and mighty at the top is none other than Olympique Lyonnais. Yes, the French side that finished 9th last season. Apparently, they have the talent that it takes, they just didn't have the management. They do now, though, and they look like a lock for promotion. How about for the title? Not so fast. A new side to the league has claimed the title is their's to lose and that side is Atletico Madrid.​

Lead by the attack of Diego Forlan and Sergio Agureo, this speedy Spanish side started out fast and currently sits in second with 11 points from three wins and one draw. What makes them so confident? We're not quite sure yet. After battling relegation last season in the Premier League, they're definitely battle tested and prepared to outscore any opponent who gets in their way.​

There's another side who looks to be a title contender as well, though. Zenit St. Petersburg have returned to the league after one season in the top flight. Now, see if you can get your head around this, but they might have what it takes more than anyone else to win this league. Why? They're the only side currently playing in the league who has been promoted from it. They know what it takes more than anyone else to gain promotion. Do not sleep on this side. I repeat, do not sleep on this side.​

Going back to another Spanish side, it's been reported that Valencia will not be playing in the TFL next season, however, they're finishing out this season. Rumors are already circulating that their manager, Mr. Colmenares, will be returning to the TFL next year with FC Porto. Why would a manager who's toiled in L1 be hired on at a Champions League winning side? We're not sure yet, but at this point, it seems like a serious possibility. So, if you're not fond of Valencia, get your kicks in at them now before they're gone.​

For the last two seasons, we've had the top three spots in this league really matter for something; promotion. Now, the bottom three do as well. If you're unlucky enough to find yourself in 8-10 place at the end of the season, you'll be playing your football in League 2 next season. Who are the most likely relegation candidates at this point? Only two are clear so far. Valencia and Borussia Dortmund both look to be fighting at the bottom of the table all season long and will both need to turn their season around now to avoid the drop. Expect just as much attention on the bottom of the table as the top this season.​

Other than Atletico and Zenit, there is another Premier League tested side in the league this year, who were dropped due to an ownership swap in the middle of last season. The German giants, Bayern Munich, are slowly making a name for themselves. Although, they're doing it silently. Is that possible? It is, I'm saying it is. They're playing great football and should at least finish in 5th or 6th, maybe even pushing up to 4th. This side is very talented and the longer they play together, the better they will be.​

Your club not mentioned yet? No worries, check back soon. We're just getting started for this week.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

In other week 3 news Zenit fell again for the 3rd time in a row. After the game the manager of the light blues was irate exclaiming the classlessness of the Dortmund players. "They had a player go down clutching his knee, we played the ball out so that he could return to his feet and get treatment. They wanted to get on with the game and I guess that's the way they play. I hope this wasn't a reflection of their manager but we let up for a second expecting the ball back and it cost us. Next game we will go as hard as we can."

The incident has seemed to spark a rivalry between the sides in the Russian papers that seems to be mirrored by the manager and players. They know they shouldn't have let them get in that situation and next time they will make sure to be plenty clear in case of any incidents like this.

3. Krebstar425

Dortmund have replied to the incident in their media section. The TFL media will also be covering this.

4. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Zenit has replied to the Dortmund comments through the official Dortmund media section.

btw no hard feeling now I was frustrated when you did it. Now just having a little fun with it, although I will not hesitate to run up a score on you if I get the chance ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

Is League 1 the most exciting league in the entire TFL? Yes, yes it is. Part of it is because the the season long battle to make it to the top flight or to avoid dropping to the lowest division. You could go all the way up, or all the way down. However, it's also due to such stories like the ones that are currently developing.​

In last night's Zenit v Dortmund match, one incident has sparked a bit of a fire. No, it wasn't the equalizing goal Zenit scored to make the game 1-1 and heading towards a draw and it wasn't the hat trick that Dortmund striker Lucas Barrios scored. It was when Barrios was on the receiving end of a tackle, though. He stayed down, legitimately injured, and Zenit played the ball out. However, on the throw-in, Dortmund continued to attack, eventually scoring. Zenit were furious at this during the match and also after. Shots were taken at the German management and even manager. Dortmund claimed Zenit were tackling far too hard and if they hadn't, the event would've been non-existent.​

Well, things in that realm have cooled down a bit, which includes the shocking decision by Dortmund to suspend two players who continued on with the attack. You can read about that on their media page.​

However, during Zenit's frustration they took a shot at Spanish football in terms of being soft and how hard they tackle. Well, one Spanish side heard them. Valencia were and still are utterly irate at the disrespect Zenit has shown them and have seemed to vow that there will be plenty of hard tackling when those two teams meet. Things are just starting to pick up around these parts. What a season we have in store.​

Prediction for the upcoming Valencia v Zenit match? Lots of yellow, with a bit of red mixed in. Be careful out there, lads.​

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Also known as orange.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Krebstar425

Ugh. Orange just makes me think of Istanbul BB.

hedache

8. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Zenit respond to the recent wars in the press. LINK

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

Good thing those days are over. Plus you kicked my ass with Istanbul BB, it should be good memories. This time around next season when you are talking about red white and blue, you wont have such good memories.

Another good thing is that spy and huskie are not around to defend Spanierds more than we need.

I am about to take off to nyc in my plane. Once I get there I'll have a press conference about all this and the state of the league. And I will not be storming out of that conference. My plabe has beendelayed for 2.5 hours. They dont understand they have fuckin Lyon's football director on board...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Krebstar425

[​IMG]

There will be no dynamic duo at Atletico Madrid next year, as Sergio Aguero is getting closer and closer to finalizing a deal which will see him join current Premier League side, Manchester City. The move wouldn't take effect until next season, but it would be a crushing blow to the current league leaders. Along with Diego Forlan, Aguero makes up the most potent striking duo in all of League 1 and one of the best in the entire TFL. If the move goes though, it still remains to be seen whether or not we will even see Aguero at all next year, as Man City are dangerously close to breaking the TFL Financial Fair Play rules. Many have already speculated that they will not be a part of the TFL next season, due to their inability to control spending.​

Augero will not be the only lame duck player in the TFL, though. Other notable names are Schalke 04's Manuel Neuer who is currently playing in League 2. He is set to join current League 1 side Bayern Munich at the start of next season. Borussia Dortmund midfield maestro Nuri Sahin will be leaving the TFL to join Real Madrid.​

Sticking with German sides, Hamburg, who is always picked for promotion by some has not gotten off to a great start. The team almost left the TFL before the season started, as Italian side Udinese looked poised to fill their spot. However, Hamburg stayed and Udinese ended up landing in the newly founded League 2. For Hamburg to have a shot at promotion this year and not have their third mid table finish in a row, they'll have to grab wins instead of draws. Seems obvious enough and that is because it is. Will there be loses? Yes. All I'm saying is there will be moments in this season when this side will be drawing late in a game and for them to be promoted, they'll have to hit a late winner. Which is exactly what they did against Valencia, stealing the Spanish side's first point of the season.​

Onto another Spanish side, new boys Sevilla have found themselves right in the race for promotion. Their best asset? Speed. With a 4-3-3 formation that can stretch any team, their ability to make other sides play to their tempo is only matched by that of Atletico Madrid. While they're a sleeper in the sense they're new and not from the Premier League, their quality of play makes them a contender for the title.​

11. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Hmmm

We will have to see what happens with Forlan as well since he is getting a ton of interest.

May have to jump clubs next year.

12. hedache

hedache Walk On

I will have Forlan next season :D

13. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

rumors a while back said he was moving to Man Utd. on La Liga news. they say he only scored 4 goals last season or something like that :p pity on such a good player

14. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

scratch that, found out Tottenham out bidded Man utd. by 7m Euros