Season 4 Oopsman Trophy Watch

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Darkwing, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Alright guys it's time to celebrate the underachieving, the hereos to zeros, and the just plain bad. Welcome in the first annual Oopsman Trophy!

The Oopsman Trophy is not given on a basis of simply who is the worst player in college football, but given to the player who is vastly underperforming given the expectations that were bestowed upon them at the start of the season. Each week the current standing of the "Top 5" will be updated. At the end of the season the worst 3 will be invited to the league-wide vote to see who wins the trophy. Let's find the worst player in college football!

*Idea from CraveOnline. See the Real Life Watch here

• Like Like x 5
  2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I would like this if my guy wasn't so high on the list.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Holy shit! 7 INTs?!?!? Is that your new fangled "accurate" QB?

4. aarondramp

I didn't throw all of those. Some came in the 2nd half of my game with BYU when I wasn't playing. And I said there was a chance he would just accurately throw it to defenders now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Darkwing

Lol :)

I had to. 11 turnovers and 10 sacks to 5 TD? I'm just going by the #s
    Most of the others here are just underperforming compared to their skill level

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

But you do gotta remember a handful came on your watch ;) haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I have abandoned the run a little too much this year but I have depth at that position that I want to get on the field.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Big Suge Knight

I didn't know Beast was on your team. Mutants are a bit of an unfair advantage wouldn't you say?

9. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That's why I started to recruit the guy. He has not run like Beast to start the season so he may become former starter.

10. Darkwing

*Updated

• Iowa's QB Rudock just slips out of the Top 5, but considering his play and the broken collarbone that ended his season don't be surprised to see him back atop this list next week.
    • Also losing ground is Tech QB Rodgers. When he's playing with "The King" on the sidelines he's much better, the Yellow Jackets will need to keep the head ball coach doing his job instead of taking vacations to remote islands on Saturdays.
    • South Carolina's QB McEvoy is making a strong late push. Last week did work for his aspirations to nab this trophy away from front-runner (or non-runner) HB McCoy.

11. jello1717

I still don't understand why Big Suge Knight 's guy is even on this list. He's averaging 4.5 YPC which, while not earth shattering, is certainly not bad.

And what's up with aarondramp 's guy?!?

15 INTs?!?!?

8 FUMBLES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How in the hell is that dude not in 1st place by a mile?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I was wondering where Tanner Mangum was :(

13. jello1717

If I had a guy (QB, HB, whatever) that fumbled the ball 1 out of every 9 times he carried it he would never see the field ever again. I know that I obviously have much less tolerance for fumbles than a lot of you (which I guess is why you recruit QBs with 40-50 CAR) but damn!

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If i ran the ball like you did and Tanner put the ball on the ground, he'd be sitting too. When i fumble with him in my current offense, it's more of a protection breakdown in my eyes.

15. aarondramp

Can we just let this thread die please?

• Like Like x 1
  16. jello1717

I wasn't talking about you. There are 5 teams (other than mine) that run the ball with the QBs a lot. Of those 5, 4 of them have QBs that they recruited (some are playing now while others are the heir apparents) with CAR ratings below 60 or even below 50. Maryland is the only other "optionesque" team with recruited QBs that can carry the ball fairly well (70 and 62 CAR). This season, the #2 QB in the country (and #7 overall recruit) had me #1 on his board to start the season. I scouted him in the preseason and saw this:
    Brown.JPG
    and I dropped him from my board so quickly that I'm sure his head was left spinning.

17. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Oh i see. Yeah i had a dude in my other OD who had below 60 carrying. He never saw the field. And I've dropped guys because of that shit.