Season 4 Outlook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Sep 13, 2009
    Thought it would be good if anyone wanted to post their thoughts on their team for the upcoming year.

LSU Tigers

There is enough talent on both sides of the ball to compete in the SEC, but we will be at a disadvantage vs Alabama and Florida due to 3 years of shoddy CPU recruiting. QB Zac Lee returns for his senior season, and with 2 good HB's (seniors Mike Ford and Zac Stacy), a good WR group and a senior offensive line we should be able to put up some points.

The defense also has senior leadership in the front 7, but the cb's could be dicey, especially in the nickel/dime sets.

Bottom line, we better win enough this season to get back to a 5 star program, because I think the team has about 25 seniors and there isn't much talent behind them. There is a really good chance that 10-12 freshman could start next year due to need rather than ability.
  2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    Let's see...

Texas returns their 3 best skill position players (QB Connor Wood, RB Chris Whaley, and WR Greg Timmons) on offense and also bring back plenty of O-line studs. This offense has the potential to be even better than last year's National Championship squad. Look for Connor Wood to be in the thick of the Heisman race from week 1 until the end of the season. Also, keep your eye on Chris Whaley. Whaley has had the "misfortune" of playing behind some great RBs so he hasnt seen the field that much. He has paid his dues though and will get all the carries he can handle in his (RS)Senior year. He will be spelled by (RS)Junior Traylon Shead, who has been patiently waiting in the wings himself. TE Marcus Kendrick will take over the starting role and could become a huge factor in Texas' offense.

The Longhorn defense, who was very green last year, returns loads of starters and should have some interesting position battles come spring. Junior FS Jermaine Lee will finally solidify his position at FS, but may move around the backfield as he has throughout the first 2 seasons of his career. The Linebacking corps returns with a vengeance. This could be the strength of the Longhorn D next year and will be headlined by All-Everything MLB Rod Williams. The SS spot is basically up for grabs. (RS)So. Richard Allen, (RS)Junior Brian Ball, and a (RS)Freshman Jenkins will compete for the job. Watch out for Jenkins... Coach Max has been dying to get this kid on the field anyway he can. Jenkins may even see some time as a PR/KR/RB/WR as he may be too fast and skilled to keep off the field.

Texas' #1 priority is winning the Big12. When they have set that as a goal, good things have happened.

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Jun 5, 2009
    I'll be good this year, but this is it. I'm about to get a walk on RB because I can't recruit one to save my life. I'll have Berry and R. Smith and that's it. So I'll need to recruit 2 or 3 RB's this off season. I have really good players, but they are almost all Seniors and I don't have a ton behind them. I will have deep off. and def. lines and I'm deep in the secondary but I'm lacking at QB, WR, RB so pretty much the three most important positions.

We'll see what happens. I need to get lucky this season with recruits as I've gotten the shaft year 1 and especially year 2. I had a good class this year but they were all interior players and no real skill position guys. I think my lack of recruiting has to do with a. me getting pwnd by other users for top notch recruits and b. my general apathy toward this league in season 2 and 3.

Either way, I'll be the odds on favorite to win the Big 10 and might have a team good enough to run the table. But it's this year or never.
  4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm fucked.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Feb 22, 2009
    Sorry BDS, I know I'm about 2 or 3 deep on my bench of good RB's that were between ND and OSU. They are out to prove something when we meet this year.
  6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    The offense will be changing quarterbacks for the second time in two years. Jordan Reed broke all the school's records and is now a third stringer in the NFL. He will be replaced by Josh Manning who has played well in his first two seasons as a backup but the coaches are unsure what to expect from him as a starter. He doesn't have the ideal arm strength to play in a pass heavy system so changes may be made to accomodate his style. On the ground the Gators lose 1,000 yard rusher Mike Gillislee but have a stable of young backs ready to step up. Bobby Thomas and Ryne Harris are expected to take over at HB but Mack Brown may also get some carries. The Gators lost a trio of receivers, including Omarius Hines, but bring back some talented players at that position. Andre Debose and Heisman candidate Stephen Ali flirted with the NFL but elected to come back. Rising sophomore Antonio Jones and incoming freshman Herman Adams also should help out at receiver. The offensive line should give Manning plenty of time to pass and that group is probably the deepest unit on the Florida roster.

On the defensive side Florida lost some key players in the front seven. Ronald Powell and Jelani Jenkins decided to leave early for the NFL. Joining them on the way out is Omar Hunter, Johnathon Bostic, Earl Okine and Dee Finley all used up their college eligibility. This means the only returning starter in the front seven is WOLB Joe Smith. The secondary also has some holes to fill with Jeremy Brown and Josh Evans graduating. Matt Elam and Joshua Shaw also considered leaving early but decided to finish their education. Shaw and Cody Riggs will be the starters at CB. Elam and Jordan Haden will man the safety spots for Florida. The young defense will need to step up. Their is a lot of talent on the roster but losing 8 of 11 starters is difficult for any team.

The offense should put up enough points to win most games but the defense is a mixed bag. Depending on how the linebackers progress I may need to scrap the 3-4. The goal every year is to win the SEC but that will be especially difficult this year. the Gators do not face Bama in the regular season but could face them in a conference title game, again. LSU is the only other SEC team who should challenge the Gators. The out of conference schedule will be much tougher with games against Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas.

Prediction - 11-2
  7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Feb 22, 2009
    Uhhhh... dunno about OU yet! Let you guys know my thoughts when I get back.