Season 4 Postition Changes

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I realize it's a little early but post them here when you figure it out.

I know for sure that I'll be moving 2011 UGA transfer DE Jalen Fields to MLB. He's a killer DE but I feel his 90 speed is better suited where he can flow to the ball. Look for Fields to man the MLB spot in 4-3 and 4-4 formations but put his hand on the ground in some obvious passing downs.

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Theres a good chance I may move the SS transfer to a LB position. Just gotta see how the ratings play out.

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I signed two kickers and will be moving one of them to punter to avoid taking a walkon. May have to shuffle a lineman around as well. Also moving a corner to fs.

4. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

SS Winston Burnett to CB

as for my current class I wont know till its finished

5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

DE Adam Carter, my 4-star DE is 6-0, 227-lbs... He might be playing some outside linebacker as well as some DE.

6. DirtycashDylan

Depending on how your LB core looks, I'd probably move him to LB if I were you for the same reason I'm moving my DE to LB: he's probably a better LB than your other LBs and LB is more important in this league except for when you play WMU or Idaho.

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Why WMU and Idaho?

8. DirtycashDylan

Well, Nik used to throw it around on me a lot. Now he has that fast QB so it'd actually help to have a faster, closing type of LB for him.

Cen puts it in the air and it'd be nice to have a good pass rush against him.

9. Full Moon Fever

Brent Terry led the nation in passing yards and was the only qb in America to eclipse the 4,000 yard mark. Of course he also led the nation in sacks and there's a decent chance he won't start next year.

10. Full Moon Fever

Granted, he got to play against Kent State...

11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Don't worry Robert Bolden knows how to throw the ball.

12. DirtycashDylan

adv to position changes in a few minutes. Post any that are relevant i.e. a player changing units

13. DirtycashDylan

I'll be advancing to cut players tonight. Don't cut players unless I've approved it. I approved Nik to cut a few unneeded walkons from last year and I approved AJ to cut a few players from when his team was unmanned.

14. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Athletes-
    Eric King is gonna play reciever- 65 overall. He could be a 68 overall back but he will probably be my number 2 reciever instead.
    Jeff Bradley is gonna be my back up TE -52 I have a vacant spot and there is no chance this guy could play is best position which is HB.
    Colby swan is gonna play FS because he is a 50 overall there and thats is best chance to play

Others changes
    Macomb Edmond was a 65 RE but moving him to be a 66 DT, which makes him my best.
    Moved freshman Jimmy Jordan to middle lineback from outside, a 69 either way and moved senior backer Ben Giles over to outside, he lost one point to a 52.
    Moved CB Kevin Johnson to punter where he gained 5 points now a 47. He is one of the guys on my possilbe cut list though.
    Freshman Steve Lewis from corner to FS.
    SS Cordero Smith from SS to corner, he loses a point to 60 but will be my number 1 corner
    SS Bret Robers to MLB where he gains 2 points to 54 and becomes my 2nd MLB.

15. DirtycashDylan

These are the only 2 we care about. I'd prefer if you put their actual ratings vs what their overall will be because the overall can be deceiving and you want the measurables to be realistic. What is that SS's str and tkl rating? also, is he over 200 lbs?

16. DirtycashDylan

jr 77 DE J. Fields to 70 MLB
    6'5 262
    90 spd, 78 str, 75 tak, 80 pow, 84 pur
    Like I said before, Fields will be the best player on my D and I'd like to get him into a position to make more plays. His coverage skills are horrible (42/40) but it's worth it in this run happy league.

juco jr 61 MLB E. Bernard to 66 DE
    6'4 238
    80 spd, 81 acc, 77 str, 61 tkl, 74 pw mv, 71 fns mv, 78 blk sh
    In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have taken this guy but he helped me get into Virginia and was an instant commit. He was always looked at as a DE with his size and his block shedding abilities. His tackle is low but is too low for a MLB, too. He'll be a worthy career backup.

fr 64 CB C. Daniels to 64 FS
    65 tak, 82 spd, 53 str, 70 man, 74 zone
    With a SR at FS, I needed a guy for the future, a worst-case-scenario future. His speed was a little low for CB and with his zone being higher than his man rating, he was the obvious choice.

17. DirtycashDylan

and I think I'll move 1 more.

Sr 53 FB N. Baisch to 52 TE
    71 spd, 67 str, 58 cth, 62 rbs, 59 rbfw
    My TEs are looking sorry this year. I have a set FB so I'm sending the backup to go in there and compete for the 2nd TE spot against a 53 ovr SR who can't catch a cold. Hopefully, one of them will pull ahead and help me out.

18. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Freshman TE(63OVR) Zack Beck to FB (64 OVR) 6'0 225
    Senior OLB(66 OVR) Kyle Lark to DE (69 OVR) 6'1 234 81 SPD 69 STR

Moved a FS to SS and ATH's to WR and FS.

19. Full Moon Fever

Moved a couple of corners to FS/SS and moved P. Williams (6'2 236# 89 speed 76 strength) from MLB to OLB to give me some more speed on the outside and fill a gaping hole in my defense.

20. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Roberts is a 67 strength and a 63 tackle which is better then all my LB's but 1. 6 foot 194 but he is a freshman.
    Bradely is 6'2 205. pbk 69 and run block 66, which a little better then my starter at TE. Speed is 85. Acc 75. Cth 50, which is weak but my starter isn't much better. He came as an ATH and the other two positions are either HB 62 which he will never play or WR 57 which he can't catch that great. At TE he fills a hole in my roster and it looks like he may be a solid blocker.

21. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

another one.... moved freshman Anderson 5 11, 234 from linebacker to LE, 64 speed, 72 ACC, 62 str, 61 Tackle.

22. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Frosh ATH Brandon Craig to SS

Frosh DE Justin Johnson to DT - 6'6'' 260 with 55 speed. I recruited him to play DT from the start

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Nothing major for the Blazers...moved some Offensive lineman around to make some back ups and thats it.

24. DirtycashDylan

I don't like either of those moves especially the Ath/RB to TE. 6'2 205 with 85 spd and 75 acc is a WR, 50 catching or not. He does have freaky blk stats but he's too much of a mismatch in the passing game. Why not use him in a Hines Ward type role in the slot ie let him get good blocks on DBs? When you come out in 2 TE, opponents are not going to be expecting a WR at TE. They'd have a LB manned up on this guy with 85 speed and it's not cool unless you can manage to recruit a guy like that. I'd be open to you moving him to FB though. Then, maybe you could move your FB to TE like I did this year. Fwiw, I have a WR, Rawls, who is 6'3 231. I recruited him last year and was hoping to move him to TE with his size but he's a pussy. Sometimes, guys don't work out and you gotta recruit over them.

Then again, with 50 catching I don't see how he is an advantage in the passing game. What does everyone else think?

As far as the SS/LB, what's his speed/acc? 6' 194 is too small but as long as he isn't fast I may let it slide this time. You want your LBs to be at least in the 6' 215 range.

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, I like Ajspeck but I don't like either of those moves either. That guy is too small to play tight end and too fast. My tight end is an 85 spd, but he's a 4-star that I landed. My other TEs are all like 72 spd...

And 6-foot, 194 is way too small to play LB.

As for my position changes, I made that 4-star DE a LB. He's 6-foot, 227.

I also moved my 3-star 6-1, 247-lb TE to FB.

That's pretty much the only changes I made.