Season 4 Prospect Spotlight

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Cole Copeland, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Welcome everyone, to the first year of many Prospect Spotlight's. I am here to shed some light on a handful of players at various positions in every draft. Feel free to leave comments and show your support.. It isn't the most time consuming content, but it does make it more enjoyable when I know you guys are diggin' it. With that said..

Week 3:

CB Jamal Riddick
    [​IMG]
    Coming into year 2018 there doesn't seem to be an abundance of talent in the secondary at the college level. Of the few that do, Riddick from Michigan State is at the top. He is huge.. At 6'2 210 this guy has the size to match up well with anyone. A more zone kind of defender (B+) he can lock down one side of the field. He could use some work in man coverage (B-) and pressing his opposing matchups off the line (B-) but seems to do alright in both with that said. With the lack of talent at corner coming into this season and Jamal's size, I don't see why he can't be one of the top guys off NFL owners boards in the draft.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Nice write up. One thing I noticed. I got different grades for him. I guess scouts do affect something after all.

3. Cole Copeland

Really? I didn't know that.. Mind sharing what you got for him since he's already out there in the public?

4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great write up. I'll have to compare my scouts findings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I got the same attributes. .

6. Cole Copeland

charter04

7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'll go back and look. I might share my findings.

8. charter04

charter04 Walk On

My bad. The guy I was thinking is Deshun Olsen

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cole Copeland

Week 4:

DT Deontae Evans
    [​IMG]
    From last week and the weak CB class.. To this week and the absolutely loaded class of DT's. Of those big nasty's, Tennessee has one that might just end up being the one that comes out on top. Evans is the premier 3-4 style nose tackle in the NCAA with the ability to shed all the blocks (B) and at his size of 329 lbs, still be able to rush the QB (B- power moves). He needs to work on his tackling ability (B-) but at the tackle position all you really need is for him to make contact so that others around him can come in and help bring their opponent down. Early in this season he is already projected to go no later than the middle of the 2nd round, but I suspect many GM's would be willing to take a shot at this guy earlier than expected with the talent being mostly dominated with 4-3 style guys.

• Like Like x 4
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  10. Cole Copeland

Week 5:

WR Desmon Gordon
    [​IMG]
    We see it every year.. The tall and strong built receiver that gets over hyped every year. This year, that guy is Desmon Gordon from Florida. Not saying he isn't a good wideout.. Because he does have some positive abilities.. He is probably the best player in college when it comes to 1 on 1 jump balls with his height and knack for making the crazy catch (B+ spec catch) and he doesn't drop many balls (B catching) but he is below average at getting off the press (C+ release) off the line. I just believe that he is just too one dimensional and is only suited for one particular area of the game which makes this guy a late 2nd round talent at best.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cole Copeland

Week 6:

RE Demond Dunbar
    [​IMG]
    Terrible name, star player. Dunbar got the short end of the stick when it comes to names, but what he lacks in that department, he gains in freak ability and then some. Demond can track down any target he sets his eyes on (B+ pursuit) and has the rare ability to bring down the QB with both power (B-) and finesse (B-) moves. He's the complete package and one of the most well rounded DE prospects to ever come through. I don't see this young man reaching the 2nd round.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cole Copeland

Week 7:

QB Conner Drummond
    [​IMG]

Finally Cole, a Quarterback getting some love! I know, I know.. Everyone loves them some QB. But let's face it, this years QB quality? Decent at best. Of the top guys though, Conner Drummond from Texas A&M stands out to me. At 6'3 224, he has good size and can make things happen with both his arm (A- throw power) and his legs (B on the run). He isn't necessarily a guy who is going to wow you with deep bombs downfield as he is more of an immediate passer on rollouts kind of guy (B+ short acc). Of all of the QB's this year, I have Conner as the top guy and the one with the best chance of starting for a team immediately.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Cole Copeland

Week 8:

TE Parker Williams
    [​IMG]
    TE's in the NFL are getting more and more popular by the year. Not to mention more important every year as well.. Welcome to the days of Gronk and co. Teams are starting to realize just how dynamic TE's can be and it has transferred down into the college level as Florida has one of their own. Parker Williams is THE dynamic TE in college. He has the ability to make the insane play(B spec catch) and has a decent set of hands to benefit that(B- cth in traffic, B- catching). All in all, Williams is one of the better TE's I've ever scouted and should be the top TE taken in the draft.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cole Copeland

Week 9:

LT Myles French
    [​IMG]
    You just can't have a great offense without feeling comfortable protecting your Quarterback's backside. Noone in this upcoming draft is more capable of that than the superstar Left Tackle out of Miami Myles French. The dude is just huge at 6'6' 312 pounds and he plays to that size better than any Left Tackle I have seen coming out of college. He is the premier pass blocker (B+) and serves more pancakes than iHop (B+). He can even hold his own at opening holes for the halfback (B). He is very likely going to be the number 1 selection in this draft and he deserves to be.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Tampa Bay probably leaning towards upgrading in the trenches in the first. I will be interested to see what's out here once I get scouting opened up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cole Copeland

Week 10:

RT Bubba Cole
    [​IMG]
    We move to the other side of the line this week and focus on another behemoth. Bubba Cole wins best name of the draft and with these names this year, that is saying something. He has great size for the position at 6'5 313. He is the best run blocker in the draft with B+ run block and impact block but can also pass block above average compared to the others (B). This is another do it all kind of guy that GM's would love to have protecting their QB and making gaping holes for their HB. He should be a top 15 pick.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Cole Copeland

Week 11:

ROLB Santez Randle
    [​IMG]
    Not many linebackers coming out of college and into the NFL are as technically sound as Santez Randle from Wisconsin. The guy can go sideline to sideline before you can say hit stick (B+ pursuit) and can tackle anyone on the field consistently (B+). He has the ability to come up and lay someone out (B hit power) but is far more consistent at just going in and making the technical strike. He is the perfect 4-3 OLB and will make one GM very happy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  18. Cole Copeland

Week 12:

LOLB Kyaunn Bowers
    [​IMG]
    Kyaunn Bowers out of LSU is making the rest of the SEC shake in their cleats. His presence on the field can't be ignored. He's 6'1 240 pounds of nothing but pure muscle and he uses all of it to rattle the heads of opposing teams. He is a sure tackler (B+) who can easily be developed into a hard hitter (B). He has amazing range and can chase down the best in the game (B+). If this guy doesn't get picked up in the 1st round it would be a travesty.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cole Copeland

Week 13:

MLB Lance Gilbert
    [​IMG]
    A projected 2nd round talent who I believe could very well end up being in the top 15 overall and the first linebacker chosen in this years draft. He is the surest tackler out of any guy I have seen come out of college in a few years (A-) who can also pop some guys (B hit power). He has incredible range (B+) which seems to be a trend among these linebackers this year.. Lots of guys who can go sideline to sideline in a hurry. Gilbert is that kind of player and then some. Look for him to walk the stage earlier than some predict.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cole Copeland

Week 14:

HB Fredrick Farrel
    [​IMG]
    A balanced runner by all accounts, Farrell from Auburn is hoping to be the highest running back taken in the draft from Auburn in recent memory. He shows great skill at being elusive (B+) with a great juke move (A-) but can also knock a defender on his butt (B+ truck). Depending on his combine, I can see this guy going in the late 1st/early 2nd.

21. Cole Copeland

Week 15:

SS Marquez Conley
    [​IMG]
    This Marquez Conley guy is special. He has the best hands at the position (B catching), he can lay someone out (B hit power), and he takes great angles towards the ball carrier (B pursuit). What is with LSU and their ability to push out star safeties every year.. seriously. If this guy doesn't get selected in the first round, it's a crime.

22. Cole Copeland

Week 16:

FS Jackson Morgan
    [​IMG]
    Another stud safety here.. Not quite the immediate impact of Conley from LSU.. But definitely has the same potential. He can hit (B hit power) he has great playmaking ability with B catching and B- zone coverage. He has the size and ability to start for a team in desperate need but also has room for improvement. Early 2nd rounder with Morgan.

23. Cole Copeland

Week 17:

QB Jackson Mason
    [​IMG]
    The number 1 projected QB and the number 2 projected overall. A pure pocket passer, Mason is 6'3 226 with a good arm (A-). He's the most consistent QB in the draft (A) and is very accurate (B+ short acc). He will be an immediate starter for a team lucky enough to have a high enough pick to get him.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

:D

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cole Copeland

Season 4 Prospect Spotlight in review:

Now that the NFL combine has come and gone and GM's are making their boards it's time to look back at these guys and see how their draft stock has risen or fallen.

QB Conner Drummond - We knew had the arm talent and heard about his running ability but what we didn't know is that he would go on to run a blazing 4.38 40... As a QB.... He will be a top 5 pick.

QB Jackson Mason - He didn't wow anyone at the combine but we already knew who he was. He's the smartest QB in this draft and has the arm talent. Rumors swirling that the Diablos are trading up to the number 1 pick to break some hearts.

HB Fredrick Farrell - Ran the fastest 40 time among the RB's with a 4.49 and the 3rd best 3 cone and shuttle with a 6.83 and 4.06. This guy is fast AND quick that can also put the shoulder pads down and truck.... wow. He'll go in the first as one of those must have backs.

WR Desmon Gordon - The red zone threat ran a nice 4.49 40 but hurt his stock a bit in the 3 cone and shuttle.. He moved from a mid first to an early third in most mocks.

TE Parker Williams - The vertical threat had a great combine with a 4.68 40 and the best 3 cone, shuttle, vert, and broad jump. He should be the first TE off the board in the late first/early second.

LT Myles French - The top tackle in recent memory did nothing to hurt his stock. He ran the 3rd best 3 cone and shuttle among the tackles and bench pressed 35 reps. He's a top 5 pick and will be a star in the league.

RT Bubba Cole - He's been in French's shadow all year but this guy is a beast too. He didn't have the best combine but it doesn't matter. He should be a first rounder.

RE Demond Dunbar - He had the 2nd best 40, 3 cone, and shuttle.. But disappointed with only bench pressing 15 reps. He is still a dominant pass rusher though and should still be drafted in the first round.

DT Deontae Evans - He had the 4th fastest 40 with a 4.87 but didn't impress in anything else. He slipped quite a bit to the early 3rd round.

LOLB Kyaunn Bowers - A great combine has rocketed him up most boards. Ran a 4.57 40 and had the 2nd and 3rd fastest 3 cone and shuttle. A guy that started out as a late 2nd rounder is now being projected as a mid first.

MLB Lance Gilbert - He was projected as a late second round guy but that was until he put in a 6.96 3 cone and a 4.21 shuttle, first place among the LB's. He is a first round talent now.

ROLB Santez Randle - Another solid combine for a LB but he seems to not be shooting up the mocks. He's still a 2nd rounder.

CB Jamal Riddick - The guy every GM is talking about. He was the most impressive player in most eyes this season at the college level and had tons of hype coming into the combine. He didn't let us down.. He ran the 40 in a crazy 4.30 seconds and benched an amazing 29 reps.. He won't last past the top 5.

FS Jackson Morgan - Not much to be said here.. He had an average combine but teams aren't worried too much about that as you know what you're getting with Morgan. He'll be picked at some point in the late 1st or 2nd round.

SS Marquez Conley - Another hyped up player coming out of college that didn't shock anyone at the combine when he turned out mostly 1st place in everything. We haven't seen a Safety like this fresh out of college in a while... I'd be surprised if he's anything less than a top 10 pick.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in to prospect spotlight this year and I can't wait for many more seasons of this.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
    • Like Like x 1