Season 4 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Oct 4, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Season 4 Recruiting Discussion

I figured we could post recruiting updates here as well as in the scouting/media forum.

Week 1 was a huge success for North Carolina bringing in some of the best talent so far in my 4 years here.

[​IMG]

Jake Hamilton will come in a compete for the starting job right away. He is a monster, at 6'5" and 223 lbs, he has great throw power and great accuracy.

Jeremy Williams will have a chance to play some next year as well, although it may be more as a MLB more so than an OLB. He has great hit power, pursuit and tackling abilities.

Overall this season's class is loaded with good QB talent as well as an abundance of DE's from what I recall.

2. Dean

Dean Walk On

Auburn gets 3 commits in Week 1. The #1 FS, #2 Ath, and #8 OLB. Trying to sure up that defense for the future. Ath Chris Crawford should be converted into a CB and start as a freshman.

[​IMG]

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

ok you got a QB so back off the other QB that we are both chasing

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Season 4!!..that's what I'm talking about you guys are getting it in

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah man. We are scootin for sure. It's really amazing the kind of chemistry this group has. Activity is second to none

6. runthepound

just looking through some of the top recruits, and see Texas and UGA are on top with alot of recruits. There are going to be some big time battles coming up as recruits start visiting schools. I remember battling it out with Texas last season and they kicked my tail on some folks.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tulane has whooped my ass for a couple of 4 star recruits surprisingly... small schools back off when I use my Chaos Wolverines (on Heisman) but those pesky bastards be drilling Nebraska... I think we're a pretty good program in a pretty good conference but recruits think otherwise... I wish conference prestige changed because I think we deserve an A at least

Anyway I'll post my recruits once I get off of work

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

[​IMG]

Miami is excited to have 2 early season commits. Cornerback Ken Powers of Union City, Georgia is a solid, speedy, cover Corner who can lay the wood when he gets a ballcarrier squared up. Powers is the first solid Cornerback that Coach JCA has been able to land during his tenure and will challenge for playing time next year.
    The second early season commit is the #2 Free Safety prospect in the class of 2014, Brian Ryan of Del Rio, Texas. Ryan is a hard hitting safety with good speed and his football smarts help him quarterback the defense from the secondary.

9. runthepound

Those are some nice pick ups JCA....I know I am in on a few corners right now that with get some solid PT if they sign. I have really struggled to land some big time corners and these guys would pay off for years to come, considering the lack of talent in my secondary.

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oklahoma State has reeled in these two, both in week one. Obviously not near as nice as some of you asshole powerhouses.

11. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Missouri finally gets a big defensive player. Hopefully this recruit can step in immediately next year and make an impact.

[​IMG]

Missouri's first 4 star defensive recruit under coach Mizzourah.

12. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Fucking UGA is recruiting juggernaut this season.

13. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Says the guy with the top recruiting class three years in a row lol. But you're right it seems like I am fighting them on every single guy.

14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

[​IMG]

Miami gets their 3rd commitment of the 2014 class in the #4 Tight End Robert Edwards of Lauderhill, Florida. Edwards is a big physical Tight End with good hands and great blocking skills. Edwards will fit in well in the Hurricane Offense and should see playing time right away as a freshman. His 6'6" 252-pound frame will make him a big target in the passing game and his strength will make him a huge asset as a run blocker. Edwards will need to improve his footwork as he often gets off balance and allows defenders to slip off him on run plays.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think that was the TE I was going after... I think he was the C+ or better in all the blocking stats, right? If not, you missed a great player because that kid was C+ or better in alot of vital stats to be a great TE:)

16. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Coach Texasfight has hit the recruiting trail hard. this year the Gators have signed 3 4 star recruits and 1 3 star.

:4stars: Guard Colby Brown out of New Hapmshire is a strong Guard who is really fast off the line and has great explosion. He may see playing time as early as his sophmore year.

:4stars: HB deshawn Hodge commited to the Gators week one, he grew up his whole life wanting to be a Gator. He has average speed but will come up and pop you in the jaw. Dont look for him to see playing time very soon.

:4stars: FS Martin Slater is a hard hitting saftey that can also track those deep balls down. He has great acceleration and hit power so look for the Florida coaches to do a lot of different things with this kid

17. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

As of week 6: UF, Aub, "U", UNC have top 10 classes. the rest of us are playing catch up. TexasFight and Dean are 1 and 2 in the rankings

18. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

thats right the gators are back!

19. runthepound

UNC has several guys on the verge of pulling the trigger. It is getting really exciting in Chapel Hill as recruits have finally realized that the Tar Heels are a legit contender year in and year out. Hope to update my commit list within the next week or 2.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

If they don't I'm snatching them... I'm recruiting heavily against you right now for a certain player that will be left without a name....

21. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maryland gets its first signee this week in a:4stars:MLB Alan Smith. I had a couple guys come to the UNC game hope our play didn't leave a bad mark with them.
    [​IMG]

22. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I'm in the same boat. I am number one on almost every one of my guys lists, but I can't get anybody to commit. Next week we have a bunch of guys visiting so hopefully a win over Kentucky will convince them Carolina is the place to be.

23. runthepound

Yeah i dont have anyone visiting until week 8. Hopefully I can hang in with some of my guys until they get to visit. UGA has a softy on a TE I am really hoping for. Unfortunately he doesn't visit until week 9. Fingers are crossed he doesn't sign with them until I get his visit in.

24. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

UGA has a TE that is soft to them that I am after also lol. He visits me next so hopefully I can get him. But it seems like Georgia is after everybody, they are in the top 3 of at least half the recruits I am after.

25. TeXasfight33

TeXasfight33 Walk On

Maybe you should start winning games then worry about trying to get recruits in?