Season 4 Recruiting Discussion...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Oct 4, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Season 4 Recruiting Thread

post your classes here.... this class is decent but nothing spectular except at WR where they are some serious studs in my view.. too bad i am loaded at WR with young guys.... (y)

Im searching high and low for solid lineman...

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Have needs at FB, oline, and lb.

My linebacking crew is so bad I had to 'waste' a stud 78 ovr DE recruit to olb (dropped to a 71) due to my DE depth and the fact I wouldve been starting a 63 otherwise. So I would love to pick up a few guys there.

Other than that, am #1 on a 4* WR, 4* T and am eyeing a few HBs to replace my Sr starter and some 4* athletes...

3. JrRawlins

the linebacker group is ok, but the WR class seems to be very good... I am sure some battles will ensue for a couple of the top guys if they dont instant commit....

for me its all about the lineman if i can grab a OLB and a CB early..... i have a somewhat decent QB on my radar, if i can pull him in that would be great... but he isnt really a nesscity yet....

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I have needs at QB, WR, OLB and Safety, pretty much in that order.

I think this is a good class, but very few instant impact players in my opinion.

I only 12 scholarships available so I need to make them count. I was on several good players' list, unfortunately I was around 7th-10th on all of them.

Im pretty sure Im recruiting about 5 QB's, just to sign 1. I would love to sign 2, but i really need 1.

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm going to be doing a thread for a recruiting "big board" that will show all of our signees on one page. I will pull the information from this thread.

6. Bondzai

So I got an insta-commit from a DT. Then on when I was calling the next guy I got disconnected. I come back in and it doesn't show the DT as commited, nor does it show that I offered the K that I already called a scholarship. I'm PIIIIIIIIISSED.

7. OMlawdog

Did you lose the time as well? That would blow.

8. Bondzai

Yeah I lost the time. It showed that I called them but didn't show that I offered schollys.

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thats sucks...hopefully it works out and is just a gltch...

10. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

hey, just so you know, you can only recruit to a total of 70, or whatever the limit is for your team. You can't sign 30 guys or whatever every season.

Plus, if Lawdog wants one of your guys, just let it happen. There is no stopping him once he puts in the cheat codes.

11. theSANDMAN215

I got a commit from a 4-star OLB. I'll post his stats and stuff later.

12. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya, I have 10 seniors, so 10 +2 barrier + (70-67 guys on roster) = 15 scholarships right?

13. theSANDMAN215

yea, you got it. you can still recruit however many you want, just not sign all 30 or whatever.

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I know... but thanks for the heads up

15. Bondzai

Ok guys, I created the Recruiting Big Board thread. I closed it so that the thread only has the big board in it and no other posts. Post your signings in here and I'll updated the big board.

Please post the number of seniors you have on your team and your current roster size.

16. OMlawdog

2013 ole miss class

OLE MISS 2013 RECRUITING CLASS

Column 1
    Gabe Douglas OT 21 :5stars: 6'4" 264 4.76 MS Future All-American at OT for years to come. Im not sure he will start right away, but he is going to be a fixture on the OL for the next few years.
    Ron Robinson DE 75 :4stars: 6'4" 243 4.72 LA Not a burner, but this guy is going to be a hell of a pass rusher. I signed two really good looking DE's last year, and with Robinson that makes three. I expect all three of them to take over for Whigham and Thompson in the next few years.
    Derrick Gutierrez OT 86 :4stars: 6'6" 315 4.86 CA Ole Miss decided to go out to Cali and start recruiting. With pipelines already in TX, FL and GA, California was the next logical choice. Gutierrez will hopefully open the flood gates for more recruits from CA to go to Ole Miss.
    Lonnie Carter OLB 124 :4stars: 6'2" 211 4.6 IL A good looking OLB prospect that will more than likely get a redshirt and then play a lot. He was rated as the third best OLB in the country and Ole Miss is estatic to land him.
    Dennis McGill CB 134 :4stars: 6'1" 178 4.32 AZ Our number 1 recruit on our board this season. He will start from day one until he leaves the Ole Miss program. He would be starting right now if he was eligible.
    John Davis CB 162 :4stars: 6'2" 195 4.34 CA This guy is going to be a stud. He has A speed, A- acceleration along with B coverage skills. Just a mega stud, who is penciled in as a starting corner next year.
    Dwayne Quinn HB 171 :4stars: 6'0" 208 4.26 LA Super speed back that will probably redshirt and then hopefully set some records at Ole Miss. Very excited about him.
    Antwan Jackson FS 179 :4stars: 6'3" 214 4.4 OH Just another instant impact freshman, who will more than likely be moved to SS. Guy has massive Hit Power and Tackle skills to go along with 4.40 speed. Really, really excited about this young man.
    Adam Hall WR 182 :4stars: 6'2" 166 4.36 MS Top WR in MS with really great speed who will more than likely redshirt, and will be a slot WR during his career at Ole Miss. Probably won't start for a few years, but could be pretty damn solid.
    Samuel Benjamin CB 224 :4stars: 6'2" 172 4.42 GA Great cover corner with great coverage skills B- or higher skills. Really excited about adding this guy to the class, really helped sealed up the secondary
    Dallas Cooper OG 253 :4stars: 6'4" 309 4.76 GA Another 300 pound OL that runs a sub 4.80, 40 yard dash. Will redshirt and be ready to contribute right away.
    RJ Stevenson CB 332 :3stars: 5'10" 173 4.3 UT Pure speed from the land of Brigham Young, and hopefully will come in as a nickel or dime corner. Very excited about this young man.
    Luke Davis Ath 272 :3stars: 6'0" 183 4.44 LA Good looking CB prospect who more than likely will spend a great deal of time starting in Ole Miss' secondary. He has great acceleration and 4.44 speed, which along with solid man coverage skills could be a solid player for Ole Miss in the years to come after a redshirt year.
    Kyle Johnson CB 811 :3stars: 6'2" 172 4.52 CA Really wanted to add some depth in the secondary, and he will more than likely be moved to FS to help with depth there.
    Frank Bryant CB 833 :3stars: 5'11" 169 4.36 TX Needed more depth in the secondary and a corner that runs a 4.36, and is from Texas is always welcomed at Ole Miss.
    Mike Coleman K 1378 :3stars: 6'1" 194 4.85 CA We signed a walk on there a few years ago, and we needed to replace him.
    Marcus Browne P 1467 :2stars: 6'4" 207 5.1 CA He has B- Kick Power and B- Kick Acc, enough said
    Adam Hughes FB 1890 :2stars: 6'3" 258 4.86 TX We needed a FB, this guy has really solid run blocking skills, and I needed at least one player from TX in this year's recruiting class to keep the pipeline into Texas.

17. JrRawlins

Kansas State Recruiting Class 2013
    Position Name Caliber Ht Wt 40 State Overall Notes
    OLB Chris Broussard :3stars: 6'5 217 4.56 Missouri He will probably sit at least a year but he has decent size and speed which could help us down the road.

18. JrRawlins

Current Roster Size is 63 and i have 12 seniors....
    so i have 19 scholarships available....

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

17 sr
    69/70 players
    2 extra
    =
    20 schollies

20. OMlawdog

Season 4 Recruiting Discussion...

It seems to me that there are several user fights across the board, and it should be an interesting finish to say the least.

Im after about a half dozen QB's, hoping to sign two, one to play right away, one to redshirt. The two backup's I have are simply terrible, and I need a real QB, right freaking now.

There a few stud corners out there this year and it looks like Texas is primed for a really, really big year. They seem to be at the top of several key recruit's board in my opinion.

Im behind most of the players I want, and there are a few that look really good, that I just don't think Im going to be able to catch the CPU team ahead of me without some major help. Also, I don't have a home game that isn't against a USER until week 7, which is a problem. Im probably going to have to risk it and bring in some players early than I would normally want to.

21. Bondzai

Do we get to recruit up to 71 or 72?

22. JrRawlins

i think 72 but i recruit to 72 just to be safe.... last thing i need is a recruiting sanction..

23. OMlawdog

Its 72;

I have 12 seniors, and have 69 players on my roster. So I can recruit up to 15 before any players leave.

24. JrRawlins

talking about players leaving... i am gonna have some pissed off freshman if things continue the way they are currently going.... because i promised some guys playing time, that are backups on special teams right now....lol

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i only promise players playtime now that i know who are going to be starting...that 1st yr with the crap i ahad promised solid PT are my only broken promises... Rhoden got snaps in a shotgun formation and returned KO and Punts wasn't enough to keep the promise..