Season 4 Recruiting Discussion....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 26, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

post here.....

2. JrRawlins

I got a :3stars:OLB from Nebraska named Dustin Welsh to commit. While he fills a small need, he wont see the field for quite some time.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am playing it slow and safe this year with only 10 scholarships. Going to be picky. I have a few guys I have a for sure lock on, but there are still 4 or so that I havent decided.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I only have 9 scholarships, and only 7 seniors. This year's team should be good, but next year's team should be salty.

5. JrRawlins

i didnt even offer that bastid... i just called him... i only have 10 scholly left....

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    pickem4.png You guys should take a look at the championship contenders screen. ;)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I don't even want to.. It won't be pretty for Ole Miss lol. And with the classes you've been bringing in, I get the feeling that it will have A&M #1 in every column in a couple of years if it doesn't already.

I've got 9 scholarships this year so I'll probably be pretty picky with who I sign. When I tried talking to my #1 target I clicked 60 minutes, and it went to the Team Needs screen. When I exited out of the Team Needs screen it said that I used up my 60 minutes on him but I never went through and even selected a pitch. Not sure if that's a glitch or if I hit a button I wasn't supposed to. I couldn't recreate it when I tried though.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Landed an 82 OVR kicker... niiiiiice

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

man i can't get a commit to sign..looks like OM got his Game Genie working OT this season..

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I haven't gotten anybody to sign yet. But I'm about to sign a TE that might be better than Bubba McDowell :eek:

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

"A Bubba McDowell clone committing to another team in my division? Great!" said no one, ever.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

He's ridiculous. I might actually play him at wideout, I don't know yet. 6'7 237, 85 speed, 98 accel, and 80 route running. Unfortunately there's no blocking attributes for athletes, so if he can't block he'll probably be a wide receiver.

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

ATH Skills.png

This is what he looks like so far. He could make a hell of a Free Safety too if he was a little faster. Nothing like having a 6'7 guy roaming the middle of the field.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Damn.

I guess his catching and tackle should tell you. That guy probably would play MLB for me. I would have to see.

Too bad he can't pass rush. Or else he might be a Demarcus Ware clone.

15. JrRawlins

i saw him a week to late to actually recruit against you for him... but he is a monster....

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah if he had any block shed at all I would probably play him at linebacker and let him eat up the middle of the field. I might have to play some practice mode and see where he's best at. By the way, that catch went up to 81 as well.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah I was hoping I could pull away early on him, then Marshall actually passed me one week when my recruiting didn't stick. Had me kinda worried. It needs to be Week 1 of next season right about now assuming I'm able to pull him in.

18. JrRawlins

he is a tight end.... and should be an absolute monster....

19. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No commits for me yet, but I have some solid guys on the bubble. 80 ovr CB, 80 ovr Ath, 79 DE, 78 HB with speed finally, 82 FB

20. JrRawlins

my recruiting class is terrible..... and i mean terrible....

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Texas A&M lands big bodied PS#4 :5stars: WR Justin Ashley out of the Dallas Metroplex. Justin is one of the more polished route runners in this year's class and can really go up and attack the ball at the highest points. The knock on him is consistency, so he should fit perfect in coach Drifter's offense.

22. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Oh damn!!!!! This has to be my best recruiting class ever, never in my wildest dream would I have thought I could bring in a class so talented and high ranked... Thank you Scholarship button!!!

• Like Like x 3
  23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Slow season of recruiting for me so far. Was able to lock up a couple of recruits so far though.

Kevin Cook.png

Cook looks to be a solid all around OLB. He has decent coverage skills, and a good burst at the snap to get onto the ball carrier quickly. He should end up being solid for us.

Kevin Johnson.png

Johnson will more than likely fight for a starting spot as a true freshman. He's a sure tackler, and has good strength and accel. With his size and strength he should be able to hold down the middle for us.

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

My class is coming together nicely. Signed that stud TE this week, and the class average is looking to be about a 75.

Chase Davis.png

Davis is another TE we signed that looks to be very good in protection. Look for us to run a lot of 2 TE sets in the future with him and Lowery.
    Eric Jude.png

Jude is a guy from our home state that slipped under the radar for a while, and turned out to be a very good corner his senior year. He plays very good man coverage, and reads the game well. He'll make an impact early on for us.

John Lowery.png

Lowery is the gem of the class by far even though he doesn't have a high overall. His combination of size and athleticism make him a very dangerous target at all times.

Kerry Alfred.png

Alred should be very good coming off the edge for us, and may even start as a freshman. He's extremely athletic, and strong enough to hold his own.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Texas A&M and Coach Drifter welcome in another great recruiting class for the Aggies.

The BUZZ: Coming off an 11-2 season with a win in the Capital One Bowl has extended Texas A&M's recruiting legs outside of the state of Texas. The Aggie's class was headlined by their biggest need in :4stars: PS#2 HB Keith Walters. Keith is an absolute bull and a stark contrast to the two departing senior HBs Trey Williams Will Randolph and Brandon Williams. At 5'11'' 196, Keith has the shoulders big enough to carry the Aggie's running game. When Keith gets winded, Coach Drifter can opt for :4stars: PS#6 HB William Campbell who, at 5'11'' 229 lbs, should have no problem knocking the dirt off of tired defenders. The Aggies are relying heavily on Walters and Campbell's readiness for SEC football as there won't be a HB on the roster this spring with a meaningful carry in a game.

Instant Impact: Outside of Walters, the Aggies managed to sign a pair of very nice WR's in :4stars: PS#23 Danny Townsend and PS#4 Justin Ashley. Townsend is a shorter prospect who played RB in high school. He is a downhill running and can split the seam with a burst of speed. Ashley is a bigger WR at 6'3'' who uses his long arms to create a large catch window. Ashley is a good route runner and adjusts his body well when the ball is in the air.

The Rest: Coach Drifter and his staff did a nice job balancing this class with a good defensive haul. :4stars: LB Dan Pearson out of Burleson, TX is a monster LB with great range who could eventually find himself on the weak-side. :3stars: JUCO CB Marques Engel is a good looking DB who will find his way onto the field next year. A pair of :4stars: DEs from Louisiana combine to round out the defensive class with a duo of nice pass-rushing prospects.

Bottom Line: This class is another step in the right direction for Coach Drifter's Aggies. This class was more of a supplemental effort and fits the gaps nicely of what Texas A&M has been doing over the past couple of years. The athletes are enrolled, now it's up to Coach Drifter to coach them up and put these kids in the right situation to win games and ultimately, a championship.