Season 4 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jdrhammer, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Season 4 Recruiting Thread

List all Recruiting news and info here.

2. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Commit List:

4* CB MS Reggie Booth
    4* OLB NY Matt Andrews
    3* OT LA Troy Fritz
    3* HB TX John Neal
    [/QUOTE]

I added 4* OLB Matt Andrews and 3* HB John Neal.

Andrews is good enough to play immediately next season and Neal will likely draw a redshirt. I need some speed at HB for the future since I have some bruisers and Neal provides that with a 4.36 spd. Also still recruiting and leading for #1 ovr HB Brandon Vickers and 4* HB Jarrett Dorsey, both from AL. I really like Dorsey but I have a couple guys who are really similar in style on the roster. LSU and Ole Miss are battling for Dorsey.

3. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Commit List - #3 rated recruiting class thus far

#6 DE 4* Ryan Richardson
    #14 FS 4* Tim Johnson
    #32 CB 4* Leon Robison
    ALL 3 FROM ALABAMA

After taking two horrible beatings from Miss St. and Ar-kansas, Auburn needs to start impressing some recruits. That Ar-kansas cost me landing that #4 4* WR Shane Miller from MS. JDr and I have been battling for him all season. I was 2nd when he visited the game vs Ar-kansas. Got down 0-35 in the 1st quarter and ended up losing like 52-10 and he was NOT impressed. Still keeping Ole Miss a top his list. I will make one last push for him before I turn my attention elsewhere.

4. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

It's week 7 and as I plan my next moves, I have soft commitments from my # 1 overall target, Shane Miller, a 6'5" 4* WR from MS and 5* Pocket Passer David Hunt from LA. It's been neck and neck with Auburn for Miller so I have to seal the deal this week.

I'm shocked he still didn't pull the trigger to Auburn based on his level of interest. Time to pull out all the $top$.

5. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Getting blown out during his visit did not help

6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Just picked up two huge commits in week 7.

5* QB LA David Hunt
    4* WR MS Shane Miller

4* CB MS Reggie Booth
    4* OLB NY Matt Andrews
    3* OT LA Troy Fritz
    3* HB TX John Neal [/quote]

7. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

OH YEAH!!! I made him a priority because I'm tired of the war-chicks coming into Mississippi, plus you embarrassed me this last game. lol

9. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 9 Commit List - #1 rated recruiting class

#1 TE 5* Joe Rogers - wont start, but will get some PT
    #4 HB 5* Derrick Coe - speed demon will redshirt, and in three years will be the feature back as a RS Soph, unless Harris leaves to the pros
    #11 DE 4* Cory Justice
    #6 DE 4* Ryan Richardson - he and Justice are the DEs of the future, they will redshirt and replace now true Sophs Chase and Poe
    #14 FS 4* Tim Johnson - could see some immediate PT
    #32 CB 4* Leon Robison - redshirt

I am almost done with recruiting, just 4 guys left to sign and two are soft committed to AUB. There are a lot of players coming back for next year. The Tigers will return 10 starters on O and 7 on D. Just needed some time to build a foundation....

10. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Very nice class. That FS Johnson looks tough. Great job. We shouldn't have any teams get in the shape MSU & AU were in the last time around.

11. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

I just took over Bama, who only has 8 SR's on its roster...and only 3-4 JR's who may be looking to leave early. This team should be very competitive next year.

This season may be a wash in recruiting. With very few high, SEC-caliber athletes giving Alabama serious consideration, I may stock this class up with low-end, DC fillers. Considering the prestige hit Bama will probably take, next year's class may suffer as well. Hopefully, with a good run to finish this season and 9-10 season next year, Bama can begin to refill its DC with studs again and get the train back on the tracks.

12. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

There are still good players who can be swayed. The good thing about it is most guys will have their classes full, or almost full going into the off-season recruiting period. You'll be able to snag the new guys since you'll have room. Keep that in mind.

I know you're stacked at QB, probably the best set of QB's in the nation. You have a good, young RB, White, who is a stud already, size at WR, it seems like you'll need OT's but only for depth, but other than that, you have decent talent. You should have seen Bama, Auburn, and MSU during our 09 OD. That's why I'm so hard on people about recruiting. You'll do just fine though.

13. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

I'm going to be hurting a bit at DE, LB, and both Safety spots. Whoever ran this team before me sure did stack the offense. Backup QB is probably better than McCarron. I think I'm going to move DJ Fluker from G to T, so that should help. I'm also eyeing a large (215+lb) safety who has B- speed. Can he be dropped down to LB? I've only got 9 or 10 spots to fill, so I think I'm going for quality depth. Looks like that Bama offense is going to be beastly next season. With Trent Richardson out for most of this season, he should be lock to return for a SR campaign.

14. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

You'll have to look at the League Description Thread. It has the size/speed requirements to make the change from S to OLB. I think the weight limit is 215 and Speed must be 85 or less. I think that means he can't run better than a 4.52. Check that to be sure.

15. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Picked up a big commitment from a franchise Safety from GA. Heinz is a 6'3" 215 lbs ball-hawk. The kid shouldn't get beat deep since he possesses 4.34 spd and when he arrives to campus he'll see if he has any offensive skills. May get a look at RB or WR to see what he's made of. Then again he may just be a Safety.

Vandy put up a strong fight but the Rebels jumped on him out of the gate and made him a priority. There is a good chance he redshirts since the Rebs return two SR FS's and Freshman phenom Danny Riley, who leads the team in INT's.

Also got a Soft Commit from AL 4* HB Jarrett Dorsey. The Rebs will try to clo$e the deal on him this week.

Updated Commit List:

5* QB LA David Hunt
    4* FS GA David Heinz
    4* WR MS Shane Miller
    4* CB MS Reggie Booth
    4* OLB NY Matt Andrews
    3* OT LA Troy Fritz
    3* HB TX John Neal

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Finally got a commit...

5* QB Alfred Carey from PA

By far and away the focus of this class for the Gamecocks was the QB position... Last two season's recruits haven't been anything to write home about to run the ball coach's offense, but Columbia thinks they've found it in Carey (? forgot the name, apologize if I'm wrong).

Next is to try to find a replacement for Alshon Jeffrey and build up the interior lines and maybe a CB, as I predict I'll be losing three starters from the secondary this year (Addison, Gilmore, and Chris Payne).

Still a real young team with some decent building blocks for next season.

17. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 11 Commit List - #1 rated recruiting class

5* #1 TE Joe Rogers
    5* #2 C Walter Gray
    5* #4 HB Derrick Coe
    5* #5 MLB Renaldo Davis
    4* #5 SS Cole Tolbert
    4* #6 DE Ryan Richardson
    4* #6 MLB Robert Hayden
    4* #11 DE Cory Justice
    4* #14 FS Tim Johnson
    4* #32 CB Leon Robison

This is far and away the BEST class I've ever recruited, even including the 2009 game. I have had #1 classes before but that was because of the number of players I signed. This class has the most TALENT. Landing FOUR 5 star recruits is huge. Two is the most I have ever landed. 5* C Walter Gray was a surprise. I was 3rd on his list and he was soft-ND before he visited Auburn during UGA week. He must have been very impressed with his visit and committed almost instantly. Hopefully more highly rated recruits will put Auburn at the top of their list next year. Too bad its a bye week for me. Hurry and get your games in everyone haha. Next up, the IRON BOWL with a trip to Atlanta on the line.

18. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Picked up my franchise HB

Just received a firm Commitment from 4* AL HB Jarrett Dorsey. Dorsey will immediately compete for PT and could very well end up as the opening day starter. Dorsey is a back with good size at 6'0" 202 and is more of a North/South runner but has good agility with nice enough speed to be trouble. Has great Truck and Stiff-arm skills too and an excellent set of hands. Should be a complete back.

Updated Commit List:

5* QB LA David Hunt 6'4" 210
    -likely to redshirt, great size, All-American Pro-Style QB

4* HB AL Jarrett Dorsey 6'0" 202
    -will play early, complete back, franchise talent

4* FS GA David Heinz 6'3" 215
    -50/50 on redshirt, ultra-athletic, great size, serious wheels

4* WR MS Shane Miller 6'5" 193
    -will get a look, could redshirt, excellent size

4* CB MS Reggie Booth 5'10" 174
    -likely redshirt candidate, solid all-around skills, physical despite size

4* OLB NY Matt Andrews 6'1" 228
    -will likely contribute on ST, explosive and athletic

3* OT LA Troy Fritz 6'8" 315
    -likely redshirt, excellent size, solid pick-up who will be player in time

3* HB TX John Neal 6'1" 221
    -definite redshirt, serious wheels, needs strength, project player

19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Only 2 South Carolina commits to date...

5* QB Alfred Carey 6' 190 lbs, Butler, PA
    4* WR Ryan Moore 6' 180 lbs, Bowling Green, OH

Both are a tad undersized, but Carey's attributes may be too much to overlook, a he might see immediate playing time.

Moore is a redshirt candidate.

Gained a soft commitment from 4* DE Chase Walker from Belle Glade, FL. Walker will most likely start as a freshman as the DE position is likely to be decimated
    by graduation the upcoming year.

20. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Received word of a verbal commitment from 3* DE Carlos Simmons of AL. Simmons has great size and is a very skilled pass-rusher who can play physically at the LOS. Needs some strength but has great agility along with excellent finesse moves combined with high block-shedding and pursuit ratings. Could redshirt to gain strenght.

Carlos Simmons 6'6" 259 4.6 40 spd

Lost out on two 4* recruits to Ga Tech. I may look to schedule the Jackets to beat these kids.

4* TE Kyle Parker from AL
    4* OT Don McKenzie from GA (was soft committed to the Rebs)
    4* HB Brandon Vickers (#1 HB from AL) is soft to GT since the Rebs backed off to pursue Jarrett Dorsey

This leaves me with 9 Commits, leaving 5 definite spots to fill barring players leaving opening up more holes.

Top Targets remaining:

4* ATH Brian Brown FL 6'4" 197
    -WR candidate who will get a chance to compete for a spot early

3* K Tim Moore MS
    -Decent K from MS. Would redshirt, then start as a RS FR

Updated Commit List:

5* QB LA David Hunt 6'4" 210
    -likely to redshirt, great size, All-American Pro-Style QB

4* HB AL Jarrett Dorsey 6'0" 202
    -will play early, complete back, franchise talent

4* FS GA David Heinz 6'3" 215
    -50/50 on redshirt, ultra-athletic, great size, serious wheels

4* WR MS Shane Miller 6'5" 193
    -will get a look, could redshirt, excellent size

4* CB MS Reggie Booth 5'10" 174
    -likely redshirt candidate, solid all-around skills, physical despite size

4* OLB NY Matt Andrews 6'1" 228
    -will likely contribute on ST, explosive and athletic

3* DE AL Carlos Simmons 6'6" 259
    -likely redshirt, needs some strength, great size, good spd but great skill

3* MLB MI Raymond Taylor 6'2" 220
    -Could redshirt but has all the tools to play early but MLB is deep. Could see a move to OLB if needed. Patrick Willis type of talent

3* OT LA Troy Fritz 6'8" 315
    -likely redshirt, excellent size, solid pick-up who will be player in time

3* HB TX John Neal 6'1" 221
    -definite redshirt, serious wheels, needs strength, project player

21. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

Week 12 Commit List - #1 rated recruiting class

5* #1 TE Joe Rogers
    5* #2 C Walter Gray
    5* #4 HB Derrick Coe
    5* #5 MLB Renaldo Davis
    4* #5 SS Cole Tolbert
    4* #6 DE Ryan Richardson
    4* #6 MLB Robert Hayden
    4* #8 G Alex Hall
    4* #11 DE Cory Justice
    4* #14 FS Tim Johnson
    4* #32 CB Leon Robison

Well just signed my last prospect 4* G Alex Hall. He will redshirt and likely start in 2 years. This wraps up the recruiting year for Auburn. We finish with four 5* and seven 4* players. This class will end up being in the top 5 when its all said and done. Next year we will focus on speedy WRs. We will not lose out on the Shane Millers of the world. Alabama and Mississippi will be the battleground states lol.

22. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Columbia, SC - Week 12 Recruiting Update

Hard Commits:
    5* QB Alfred Carey (#1 rated QB in class)
    4* WR Ryan Moore (#1 rated WR in class)
    4* DE Chase Walker (#1 rated DE in class)

Still need to lock down another DE and some overall team speed to fill remaining holes.

Slowly progressing with the class, but nothing like the two previous seasons.

23. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Received a surprise verbal commit from 3* MI MLB Raymond Taylor. Those are the best ones. That puts me @ 10 commis on the season. Only 4 more available spots

24. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

Just nabbed 4* ATH Brian Brown from FL during Week 13. He was a Soft Commit but I sent the house to close on him. He has WR skills along with a 6'4" body and 4.44 spd. He'll challenge to be the 4th or 5th WR or possibly redshirt depending on next year's theme.

I have an emerging RS FR HB in Marques Battle who is a serious roadgrader and is without a doubt the sleeper of the 2011 signing class as a 3 * HB from NJ who was randomly interested in the Rebels. Next year I'll have Dorsey, Battle, Chavis, and Kevin Thornton, who is redshirting this year so I'll have 4 I can go to at any time and all are young.

My passing game needs some work as I've been an INT machine this season.

25. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

LSU regular season commits ;

Antonio Roberson (CB #22) 6'2'' cov 2 corner

Frank Goodwin (ATH #18) besides his speed i have no clue as to what position he might play

Donny Madison (G #1) agile zone blocking interior lineman

Oliver Hill (MLB #7) may get moved to the outside in next year's 3-4 scheme, great wrap up tackler and can lay the wood, ideal closing speed

Jeffery Yates (WR #3) 6'3'' comming outta highschool, with sub 4.4 speed should land you a starting job at LSU, oh wait, i already have rs freshmen that fit that mod already

Jake Moore (HB #5) this guy will spin you out of your shoes and run over a safety, extremely physical

Chase Hamilton (CB #5) one name, Derrell Revis

Ricky Jenkins (QB #2) speed with a cannon, too bad he's a dwarf, just at 6'

Bernard Christensen (TE #33) not what i look for as far as height and speed but we can develope him into a starter in no time

Wayne Kearney (MLB #9) all i have to say is this guy may become YOUR QB's best friend