Season 4 Recruiting.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

This group is looking awesome so far..... one of the best we have had....

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah it is a nice group. I thought I had posted this already but I guess it didn't go through.

Have some good leads on a few guys and a lot of user battles.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Nick Saban came through and has already hand-picked some top guys.

4. JrRawlins

that free safety Bama signed is filthy.... 84 overall walking in the door.....

5. JrRawlins

i had 3 recruits in against Minnesota..... i am hoping to lock up at least one of them....

6. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Had several guys come in for a visit in week 4. 3 were solo fights I was hoping to get in the bag early and move on, and the other had some competition and was hoping to steal early.

JohnMartinCB.JPG

I got lucky and landed this guy as he was my top target and there were a few teams in contention. Martin is our future #1 CB and should start his freshman year. He has great speed and size accompanied by great cover skills. We wish he had a bit more agility, but tough to find things to complain about here.

PatMillerT.JPG
    A very nice gem 3*. We need Oline help badly and Pat has a chance to fill in somewhere as a freshman. He has a great first step. Could bulk up a little and work on his run blocking. Seems like a good LT prospect.

MarkLoweC.JPG
    Another need pick and we are excited to land 2 olinemen on our first visit week. Lowe is athletic but needs to spend some time in the weight room. Should be depth for a year or 2.

7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Only 3 guys signed at this point, hopefully it'll pick up shortly.

T Willie Lane.JPG

Huge tackle out of New Jersey that will provide some good depth. Big fan of his acceleration, though he will likely sit for a few years if not redshirt.

OLB Bob Scott.JPG

Tremendous burst and coverage ability. Will likely be moved to MLB and be a key contributor early on in his career.

OLB Chris Reed.JPG

A nice compliment to Scott, and will be his long-term linebacking buddy in the 4-2-5.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ChrisPattersonOLB.JPG

Future cornerstone of the Rutgers D. He has amazing athletic ability and speed and can lay the big hits and force fumbles. Looks to be a great pass rusher, but will need to work on his coverage a bit to be a do-it-all backer.

9. JrRawlins

10. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

11. JrRawlins

12. Bondzai

Yeah he's going to redshirt next year so I can get 2 solid years out of him.

13. I Peench

G Sammie Dukes.JPG

Dukes gives me some depth, but will definitely redshirt and sit for a few years before he becomes a viable option.

CB Marcus Walker.JPG

Big pickup after losing out on my two top CB targets to lawdog and shaun. He'll likely be thrown into the slot year one. I'd have been screwed without this pick up.

14. JrRawlins

15. Bondzai

Pedro doesn't have any huge ratings but he is 6'7".

Pedro Griffin.PNG

16. I Peench

WR James Ward.JPG

HUGE pick up. Will start day 1 with all of my WRs leaving. Still surprised I was able to get him...I'd have been boned if I hadn't.

WR Nate Gordon.JPG

Possession guy that should be really solid if he gets that ACC up. Could see time as a true freshman.

HB Aaron Holly.JPG

Needs to develop some quickness before he makes an impact on the program. Will RS his first year.

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

The rest of my regular signings

ArthurPaulDT.JPG

Big Body run stuffing DT. Will be a starter in a couple years.

ClintGrayAth.JPG

A nice athlete signing. We love his height and versatility. The biggest question is where do we play him? We had a bunch of CB signings this year and are deep at WR.

DuaneRobinsonCB.JPG

A decent depth CB pickup. No glaring holes and average athleticism.

JamieCastilloCB.JPG

Very similar skillset as Robinson. Depth at a position we would've been thin.

JohnFullerCB.JPG

Fuller has good hit power but poor tackling. We like his cover skills, but wish he had a bit more agility and explosion.

KawikaBattleAth.JPG

While he could be an ok QB, Battle will definitely be placed at WR. Looks to be a nice slot guy who knows how to get open.

RenaldoFullerT.JPG

Oline was a focus of this class and we are glad to have landed 3 solid guys. Fuller is huge and we may move him inside to Guard to be a nice mauler run blocker.

TerrelIngramWR.JPG

Great height at WR, but too bad he doesnt have the spectacular catch to go with it. A developmental guy.