Season 4 Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Season 4 Recruiting

How does everyone feel about this class. There is some good OL and S (albeit most are slow, but still talented) depth in this class.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

like usual, there are some diamond in the rough... especially at linebacker.... if you need a QB that can actually throw the ball you might want to wait til the offseason and hope for the best because this current crop sucks.... there are some potential starts at HB... and a player that Lawdog and I were arguing about who is 6'5 210 pounds of pure studliness..... the tight end class is average.... i didnt really look at the corner position i have too many already...

3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I like this class, I spent waaay too much time last night trying to find all the hidden gems in this class. There are quite a few lower rated guys that i like compared to the top guys. I like the ATH's this year, safties are deep, the QB's are below average this year.

4. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    decent corners seem to be a dime a dozen. There are usually a few Elite ones a year, but this year seems a bit light on those. I agree, RBs are average.

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, most of the QBs are the Sam Bradford types, more accurate than anything else.

6. JrRawlins

there are a couple of backs we could hear about torturing people down the road, i dont think there are any guys who can walk in and dominate though...

7. JrRawlins

you found some accurate ones? I will have to look again.... the most accurate guy i saw had a B rating overall.... which is average to below average once they get into a game with our sliders....

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I think the QB's are terrible, at least they don't look great on paper.

It seems the WR all have flaws. Players that have great speed, have terrible hands, guy with great hands have no speed.

There are few corners that look really good, and some good looking Safety prospects that dont have great speed.

I didn't look at any OL since I don't plan on signing any this year after signing 5 last year. Also the top two players in the country had UGA number 1 on their lists which is just silly.

Definitely some diamonds in the rough with this class.

I have 17 Seniors, I think maybe more, so should have 18 spots to fill assuming no one leaves early which always happens.

This is a big year for UCLA, need to do something this year because team will be taking a step backwards next year.

There is no way I will sign 17 or 18 players this year not with the expected recruiting battles Im going to face.

9. JrRawlins

I totally agree about the QB's, they look average at best... i didnt see anyone who could play in the first couple of years even after redshirting... of course the year i have 8 corners with only 2 seniors the corner market is loaded...... the brief look at OL i took there are gonna be some battles for Tackles this season.... luckily there are some quality guys available, as i have to grab a couple of tackles and a center.... the safeties available are strange.. the slower guys have all the intangibles to be great, while the guys with some speed have terrible tackling or play recognition skills and in some cases both....

10. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Im done attempting to recruit FB's. 1 average 4 star and a few decent 3 stars? I would really like to see some studs pop up in this position every once in a while but I wont hold my breath. I mean you only start 1 FS/SS but look how many of them there are. Oregon only has 8 seniors, and I have already fallen in love with 5-6 guys that will all get 1.5-2 hrs each early, we will see what happens after that.

11. JrRawlins

i have 10 seniors and 5 open schollys.... so i am really gonna go after 7 guys who are on my board, after them... the rest of the schollys can go to whoever....

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I landed a nice :4stars: FB last class and there was a MONSTER FB that Florida grabbed in the first season.

13. OMlawdog

USC landed a tremendous FB a few years ago, I really wanted him, but USC ended up getting him. Im pretty sure he is in the high 80s overall and he carved me up a little bit last year.

14. OMlawdog

landed my first commit ofthe season. I can't wait for everyone to find out who.

Game genie working overtime. This one was for you JR.

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

yea i'd really like to get a nice fullback. that seems to be the biggest missing piece on my offense. i could then go to more running plays with a fullback instead of just one back.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Based on all the context clues, SHIT. I know exactly who you signed. Good luck in 2 years Big XII!

17. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1 Committments:

T- #2 Pat Smith, 6'7/297 lbs, 5 star
    DT- #2 Lawrence Phillips, 6'0/275 lbs, 5 star
    DE- #1 Adrian Whitmore, 6'3/250 lbs, 5 star

18. OMlawdog

three five stars first week?????

WTF

19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

This game is so unfair.

20. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

is recruiting even fun at USC? i mean seriously... all you do is offer and they instant commit on the spot?

21. JrRawlins

sidenote: what the HELL are those other guys doing if they let you grab dude... he wasnt even #1 on your list.....

22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That sounds pretty fun to me right about now. Ughh.

23. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

If the guy insta-commits I dont think there is much anyone else can do is there?

24. OMlawdog

I looked strongly at one of those guys even offered him a scholarship, just glad i didnt spend too much time on him.

25. OMlawdog

The guy I landed I was number 1 on his list.