Season 4 Scores and summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by areohhwhy, Sep 25, 2011.

1. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

Headline: Young Cougars Start out with a win of the Road 27-14

The new-look cougars start out the 2014 with a slightly convincing win over UCF. It's clear that the cougars will never dominate with talent, but will have to play fundamentally sound football in order to win football games. " I'm pleased with the performance today, The offense moved the ball and defense made stops when they had too, and also the special teams made plays to change field position" Coach concluded.

The good News:

- The offense spread the ball around, with 7 different players running the ball, and 6 different players recording a catch, it's clear that there will be multiple contributors in the offense, which is something that was severely missed last season

-Freshman Impact- Redshirt Freshman Jake banks recorded 3 out of Teams 4 sacks, Freshman cornerback Donte gunn recorded the Team's only interception, and Freshman Running back Brian Mitchell earned his first touchdown of his career, also leading the team in rushing with 53 yards on 9 carries. "It's encouraging to see Freshman contributing this early in the season." coach stated

-The defense held the Knights to -18 rushing yards, Just a great overall effort from the defensive line to the safety coming up for run support. It seems that the Cougars are developing a strength in Run defense.

- 16 first downs

The Bad news:
    - The Cougars offense was inconsistent in the 2nd half, only scoring a touchdown, in compairison to the 20 points that was put up in the first.

-The Cougars pass defense was exploited for 2 passing touchdowns, all in the 2nd half. the pass coverage will have to tighten up the coverage for the remaining of the season.

- Starting Running Back Rickey Galvin was held to 45 yards on 13 carries, a 3.5 average. While he did earn 55 yards recieving to combine for 100 all-purpose yards, it will be interesting to see how he will be utilized next season.

Things to look ahead to:

- How will connor Halliday do next game after having an average 10-18 for 178 yards and 1 interception.. While his yards per completion average was high.. The completion Percentage has to increase.

-How will the Cougars defense fair against a more potent passing offense?

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

In Kansas' first game. The defense absolutely dominated Navy. KU's redshirt freshman quarterback got off to a very shaky start and looked poor but the freshmen on defense combined with the experience to force numerous turnovers and sack the Navy quarterback close to 10 times. Berglund came in after the game was decided and played very impressively. He may have just taken the starting QB job back.

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I'm projecting to start 1-4, or 1-5 at the best.

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

0-3. And the beat goes on.

I can usually take a loss, but this is really pushing it.

5. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

What exactly is happening?

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I guess I just suck balls at recruiting, and have ran this team straight down the drain.

7. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

So are you having problems moving the ball or stopping them or both or what?

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I can't play defense ever since the patch.

9. derek

derek Walk On

Great game to Rock as he beat me 23-20 in ot. Unfortunately it ended with a little ill-will. With all due respect to Rock he is of the opinion that I ran my qb to often on what would be the game tying drive leaving only 9 seconds left. While I did run my qb on more than one occasion is was not just a cheesy, drop back and then take off run. Or at least I didnt see it that way. I felt like I was getting pressured often in the game. There were times that I did not have time to even throw a slant route. I was either getting sacked or getting hit as I was throwing. I think Rock may disagree but it just seemed like on several of my passing plays I was getting pressured. So when it came to my last drive I did not want to get sacked. What made matters worse was the no huddle is messed up so I was having trouble with that taking time. Bottom line is I never drop back with the intention to not even look at my receivers and just run. I always read the coverage and usually settle on a receiver pre snap or call a hot route. In our game I just felt like I had little time to scan the field and I could not afford to take a sack so yes...I did run my qb. But only after I scanned the field as long as I thought I could. If that is considered cheesy then I will have no problem with retiring. The fact is, for me, sim play means realistic. It is very realistic for a qb to run in football. Sim also means do not take advantage of the cpu's a.i. which I didnt do. I know we've all had this conversation before but I dint want there to be any hard feelings in the od so Im throwing this out there.

Also I was a little put off at the accusation of cheesin so I expressed my dislike of the constant pausing on Rocks end. I didnt realize he was babysitting and as someone who can relate to that I apologize.

10. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I had a chat with him about it already. If you're under pressure or no one is getting open, you're well within your right to run.

11. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

If you feel as if your season has no purpose left and you don't care, please make that decision BEFORE you decide to play a user game. It's a waste of your time and the person your playing to start a game and decide to send a message saying "idc" and quit in the 3rd quarter just cause your having a bad game. AND it's even more of a waste of time when a user has to continue versus the CPU only to have the results not go through, so all stats, highlights and the game itself are lost. I believe we all know that NCAA 12 is too unstable for somebody to just quit mid-game. What if a person has HW to do and can't afford to play a full game again? What if a person looses key players having to play a game they already dominated before? I can understand someone being upset cause their first week of the season got simmed, but there are 10 other people in this dynasty too. We all have lives outside of this thing ( school, work, family, etc.) so you have to put consideration into your decisions. Just reach an agreement to chew clock and let the game continue, this NCAA 12, where anything happens. Didn't we all agree not to quit?

if we didn't...

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Agreed Cam. As I've said, if you can't play, tell me why and when you can or else I sim it. I sim it because I have no clue when you'll play it otherwise. QB couldn't play in time so he messaged me and said when he could play so I waited for him. Money got simmed because he never messaged me and signed on to play in offline mode so I never knew he was even on. He didn't message me when he got on or text me or anything. Nevermind the fact that it was almost 2 hours after the advance time anyway. I will work with you if you have issues with the advances. The thing I will not do, though, is randomly wait a day for someone to play who I haven't heard from, because I've done that before only to wait another 24 hours and they still haven't played and then tell me just to sim it. That frustrates me and everyone in the dynasty. As long as you know when you can play and actually play it at that time, I have no problems with waiting unless you've been on all day playing other games or can't play for like 2-3 days.

13. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Damn that was deep Cam! (y)

14. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Colorado: 21
    Illinois: 28

The Illini pull out a very tough game against Coach Makin and the Buffs. The Illini was outgained by 150 yards by RB Kenny Bassett and the Buffs but were able to make some timely big plays to keep a lead and then put the game away in the waning seconds. After falling behind 7-0 on a short Bassett TD run, QB Miles Osei shrugged off a tackle (totally cpu) and threw a strike to TE Jim Brady.

The Illini further increased their lead on an 18 yard strike to RB Donovan Young. Then, while the Buffs are driving to tie the score, Alumni Nation FOY CB Jack Washington stepped in front of a pass and took it 84 yards to the house 220 seconds before half time.

The Buffs defense stiffened in the second half and allowed the Colorado O to tie the game with 1:33 left. The Illini were content grinding it out against the tired Buff front seven and were positioning themselves for a FG when Donovan Young busted up the middle for the GW TD.

Great game Makin!! I will add videos later.

Key Stats: RB Donovan Young: 16 carries for 109 yards and a TD, 1 catch for 18 yards and a td.
    CB Jack Washington: 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 TD.

15. derek

derek Walk On

Well after the tough loss to Michigan St the Mountaineers come back strong and blow out K State 59-15. Junior qb Brian Athey threw for 373 yds 4 tds and no picks while Junior rb Andrew Buie added another 179 and 4tds on the ground. This years team is full of Freshman, Sophs and Juniors so the future looks bright in Morgantown.

The only dark cloud for WVU is the loss of speedster Trey Johnson. He stepped in for Buie in the opening game and ran for over 100 yards and been solid as a kickoff/punt returner. He is out for the season and since he is a Senior he has played his last game at the college level.

16. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I have a freshman athletes (who i put at safety) named Trey Johnson.....Should I send him to you?

17. derek

derek Walk On

Lol. sure. He has to replace a guy with 99 speed though. Is he fast? Ha

18. derek

derek Walk On

Does West Virginia really get 3 bye weeks every season? Just wondering

19. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Everyone does :O. 15 weeks - 12 games = 3 byes. You'll probably play alone during week 15.

20. derek

derek Walk On

Ahh. Ok. My bad

21. pnc

pnc Walk On

kentucky 20
    usf 0

Defense was the game today as the wildcats shut out the bulls today while building on a 3-0 halftime lead and slowly putting the game away. My hb ran for 90 yards and 2 tds while my QB was 8 of 15 for 98 yards and sacked 5 times. my ol cant pass block for nothing. defense finished with 3 sacks 2 picks and a safety.

22. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I want to say he's like 95 speed but I'm not positive. And yeah, Abom answered you as clearly as possible. I played my 1st game and then had 3 straight byes haha.

23. derek

derek Walk On

Bye's suck. My guys are getting gray headed waiting on TCU.

24. areohhwhy

areohhwhy Walk On

0-2 in User games.. This is frustrating..

25. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

USC - 29
    Colorado - 28

USC got their first lead of the game with 55 seconds left.

And the beat goes on.