Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Drifterbub, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Had a tough opening week against Cal. They passed the ball after a rough 1st quarter. The Yellow Jackets have a lot to get used to with several new faces on offense. QB Peter Brown was rock solid as the national buzz starts to build around a potential Heisman campaign in his SO(RS) year.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG] 78
    [​IMG]76

Yeah, that aint a typo.... this was a shootout.......
    The Panthers start the season with a thrilling overtime victory. This game was back and forth the entire way. Both defenses were playing two hand touch. Both Qb's threw for over 500 yards and 5 touchdowns... Chad Sims ran for 164 yards he was huge in overtime... pounding out some tough yards....Tyler Boyd went for 180 yards receiving on 7 catches..... Lawson had 11 catches for 105 yards and 2 touchdowns....

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

USF: 49
    Louisville: 9

Yep

5. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #8 Georgia Tech 38
    #23 Florida State 31

I thought I had FSU down and out in this one, but they put a good drive together and then I threw a pick 6 just two plays later that ended up knotting the game up with less than three minutes left.

QB Peter Brown continues to battle back from mistakes and put together a good drive that ended in a score when Jr HB Robert Doty busted out for a 20 yard run to the right cone.

The Yellow Jacket defense stepped up to force a turnover on downs so that the GT offense could take a knee and get a much needed home ACC win.

7. JrRawlins

Catching up.......

[​IMG]42
    [​IMG]17

The Panthers struggled with the buffaloes for 2 and a half quarters, then the defense decided they had enough and started creating turnovers... The Panthers created 4 turnovers for the game and the offense seemed to take advantage by scoring with the shorter fields....

[​IMG]42
    [​IMG]35

Whew, Minnesota came to play.... but Chapman and Sims led the way..... Chapman threw for 384 yards with 3 tds while completing 24 for 30 passes..... chad Sims grinded out 143 yards and 2 tds... Darrell Lawson 106 yards receiving and 2 scores..... Tyler Boyd had 7 catches for 101 yards and Freshman Greg Spencer had 6 catches for 103 yards.... Robert hancock was all over the field with 7 tackles and 2 forced fumbles.....

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Got killed by FSU. The only reason I scored points is because I supersimmed the last 4 minutes.

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

NU 28
    MSU 14

The Spartans came out like gang busters, holding Northwestern to a 3 and out and then running the ball down their throats for 7. After another stop, MSU extended their lead by 14, as they continued to play smash mouth football and beat up the Wildcat defensive line. Northwestern would respond with a similar style, ending up running the ball for 217 yards behind an excellent performance by RB duo Jon Jefferson (76) and Malin Jones (109).

Defensively, junior SS Anthony Sanders had 7 tackles, including several key stops on 3rd down. For a guy who was questioned by Coach for his lack of speed, Sanders has stepped up in a huge way.

10. I Peench

NU 49
    UM 35

Much like last game, the NU defense got off to a terribly slow start, falling behind 21-0 quickly after a fumble and a pick. Matt Aliviti calmed his tits and regrouped with the rest of the NU offense, including freshman sensation Jon Jefferson. Jefferson, the Wildcats' #2 and goal line back, had a monster day - he rushed for 3 TDs and caught another, while ripping off a huge return.

11. I Peench

NU 42
    MINN 14

Same ole story - CPU comes out hot as hell and scores two TDs on their first two drives, then gets shut down completely. A really balanced offensive effort paced the win for Northwestern, as Matt Alviti threw for 272 yards and Malin Jones and Jon Jefferson ran for over 100 yards, respectively. WR Dennis Norfleet continues to be stellar, catching two more touchdown passes. The former Michigan Wolverine has fans in Evanston thrilled he decided to ditch scUM for greener pastures.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    North Carolina - 42
    Virginia Tech - 35

Cheesy bastard CPU went up 35-21 before I started stopping them and came back to win.

13. I Peench

Northwestern Notches Third Consecutive BCS Title

Northwestern - 35
    Texas - 17

Northwestern (14-0) completed a perfect season Monday night, defeating a tough Texas team in a game that was much closer than the score would indicate. The key for Northwestern was limiting star Texas QB Jalen Overstreet to just 185 yards in the air and 30 on the ground. The front four got great pressure, and it forced Overstreet into making ill advised decisions, resulting in two interceptions for the Northwestern defense.

Northwestern played the clock game, controlling the ball for 21 minutes, and Malin Jones made it all possible amassing a season high 195 yards and 1 score on 26 carries, while Jon Jefferson added 2 scores himself. For QB Matt Alviti, he was asked to manage the game and did just that, completing 16-21 for 128 yards 2 TDs and 0 turnovers. Senior WR Dennis Norfleet (who transferred from Michigan early on in The Deuce) was arguably the most important player all season, and he continued to show his value tonight with many tough grabs in traffic on third down. He ended with 6 receptions for 75 yards 1 TD and 30 rushing yards on 2 carries. Norfleet will be perhaps the most missed player on offense next year.