Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Nov 14, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Gators open the 2013 season with a bang as they head out west to Sun Devil stadium and take the Sun Devils to the wood shed. The Gator coaches kept the players focused choosing to stay in Flagstaff, AZ rather than Tempe so the players wouldn't get distracted by all the hot co eds running around. It proved to be a successful strategy as the Gators came out and dominated from the get go to.

#1 UF 63
    #20 ASU 7

This Gators team really does have some firepower. QB Tom Richardson racked up 5 passing TDs in the first three quarters and watched from the bench with the rest of the starters for the entire 4th frame. Richardson finished with 335.9 rating, 16/17 passing for 293 yds and 5 TDs. He also added 6 carries for 15 on the ground.

New starting HB Lionel Fields looked very sharp today picking up 99 yds on 17 carries. The first time a Gator back has averaged over 5 ypc in a game.....ever maybe? The Gator backfield did get stung though as backup SR Mack Brown went down awkwardly in the 3rd quarter and early reports are that he has broken his elbow and will be out for the season. That's a tough loss as the Gators really had big plans for Brown this season.

Things didn't get much better for the Sun Devils when the backups came on as QB Nick Dickens showed what all the fuss is about and why there just may be a QB competition going on in Gainesville. Dickens racked up a 774.4 rating going 2/2 for 82 yds and 2 TDs. Connecting with freshman WR Jonathon Carter for a 63 yd strike on one of them. Dickens best play may have been on an option keeper where he pulled it in and out ran the entire Devils defense for a 72 yd TD. That boy is fast!

The defense had a productive day, but the talent gap between the Devils and the Gators was too large. Doug Fluties #1 fan, QB Brian Davis #33 hahahaha, was seeing blue all day as he went 9/24. The receivers were pretty well blanketed and the pass rush was able to keep him unsettled all game long.

Next up the Gators travel to South Beach to take on the #16 Hurricanes and coach Hova.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Did you play on heisman or AA?

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Not sure what it was. I interpret what Shaun said as they are still on AA.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU comes out flat against Colorado St and gets down 13-0 before they can blink. CSU HB Chris Nwoke ran through MSU's defenders all day, the man was superhuman today.

QB Joe Boisture shrugged off a bad 1st quarter to turn in one of his best career performances. He finished with 384 yards and 4 TDs with 1 INT. His experience showed as he spread the ball all over the field, but his favorite targets were WR's Keith Mumphrey and Marc Williams. Williams looks like he may be one of the best WRs in the nation in his sophomore season after turning in one of the top performances of all freshman a year ago. He finished with 84 yards on 5 catches with 3 TDs. Mumphrey finished with 118 yards on 4 catches with 1 TD and showed his big play ability with a 60 yard TD haul.

The Spartans B+ defense struggled to do anything to stop the CSU running game. Nwoke ran through every tackle he could have. MSU needs to hit the tackling dummies all week this week unless they want to suffer an upset against USF.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Nebraska 34
    Georgia 42

Nebraska struggled early on against the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs opened up the game with 24 unanswered points. Georgia's defense caused two turnovers which resulted in 14 of those 24 points. When all hope looked lost, Nebraska finally responded with some big plays of their own. Jordan Hale returned a kickoff 97 yards for a TD, and Avery Walker intercepted a pass and returned it 87 yards for a touchdown cutting the lead to 24-14. After a Bulldog field goal, the Cornhusker offense was finally able to get on track Martinez leading the team down the field and hitting the tight end Andrew Seward for a five yard touchdown before half, but the kicker missed the extra point. In the second half Nebraksa's offense continued to struggle as the Cornhuskers couldn't take the lead. After a Bulldog field goal, the Cornhuskers scored on a 78 yard interception by Robert Callhan. The Cornhuskers were able to stop the Bulldogs on their next possession, but on the Cornhuskers next possession Martinez was sacked in the endzone for a safety. The Bulldogs scored a touchdown on the ensuing possession making the score 39-27. However, the Cornhuskers refused to quit as Taylor Martinez hit Braylon Heard for a 20 yard touchdown pass making the score 39-34. The Bulldogs would get a field goal with a minute to go in the game. When the Cornhuskers got the ball back, the Cornhuskers were unable to move the ball, and lost this tough game.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You missed an XP? Were you drunk?

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

No, I will admit after feeding my son at 5 this morning I played this game immediately afterward. So you could say I was tired. However, I think the game was out to get me. I know it is hard to say that with the 2 pick sixes, and the kickoff return for a touchdown, but I just got the sense Georgia was going to win and there was nothing I was going to do about.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So what was the final score?

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Oops, my fault.

MSU 41
    CSU 27

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Haha good stuff, the way you wrote it I thought you lost.

11. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha, well I was loosing for the first half, I wasn't ever comfortably ahead either. It was a tough game despite my talent advantage.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Oklahoma 34
    North Carolina 7

The Oklahoma Sooners opened the 2013 looking a bit different than years past. Why, because they ran the ball effectively. During last season a shift in recruiting priorities has OU moving away from the spread and more into a balanced offense, with a focus on their ground game (or lack there of). The results, positive as OU put 190 rushing yards on the board, spread between 3 running backs.

All-American Brennan Clay (speed) = 88 YARDS | 5.8 AVG | 2 TD | Player of the Game
    Jonathan Miller (balanced) = 42 YARDS | 4.2 AVG
    Mike McDaniel (power) = 56 YARDS | 7.0 AVG

By the 4th quarter OU had the 2nd string players in the game, who continued to shut down NC. An excellent first win has Coach Randiesel very proud of his boys.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alabama 63

Cinci 10

Cinci jumped out to a 7-0 lead after a 96 yard TD run by their HB, a mistake that lead me to think my defense was worse than orginially thought. But we held them to three points the rest of the game while putting up 63. Our defense forced 4 turnovers (all fumbles). Two freshmen on the defense were the playmakers today. CB J. Wright and newly recruited SS A. Gant both had good premiers for the Tide, stats below. McCarron was eager to
    return from his injury and he had a good day throwing over 300 yards. Eddie Lacy lived up to his name as a Tide HB with over 200 yards and 5 TDs. Most of the points came from the ground attack, totaling in over 300 yards and 6 TDs. Coach Masler pulled McCarron and Lacy in the 4th and put Sims and Wilson in, but Wilson must have gotten tired because Lacy popped up for what should have been a Wilson TD. Looks like the Run Game in T-Town is alive and well!

Alabama explodes off the line to a 1-0 start. They will host reigning ACC Champs Clemson next week in their home opener.

Stats

AJ McCarron 14/23, 320 yards, 3 TD

E. Lacy 35 Att, 217 yards, 5 TD

D. Wilson 17 Att, 121 yards, TD

K. Bell 3 Rec, 114 yards, TD (includes an 80 yard TD)

A. Gant 3 Tackles, FF

CB J. Wright 7 Tackles, TFL, 1 Defl, 2 FF, FR

14. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

[​IMG] - 17
    [​IMG] - 24

Clemson would open the new season at home against #11 USC. The Trojans have a lot of talent on each side of the ball, while Clemson was trying to break in a new QB and some young WRs. Replacing last year's Heisman winner Kyler Parker, was RS Senior Tajh Boyd. Tajh is very fast and has an excellent arm, however he does not possess the accuracy that Parker had.

Both teams would begin to feel each other out in the first quarter, and neither team was able to score. USC was able to get a FG early in the 2nd to open up the scoring and take an early lead. On Clemson's next possession, Boyd would throw his first pick of the game. USC capitalized two plays later on a 42 yard pass from QB Darren Jackson to WR Robert Woods. On the next Clemson drive, Boyd would throw another pick, but would be bailed out by the defense that forced a 3 and out. Boyd would put together a drive that resulted in a 3 yard pass to HB Roderick McDowell (1st video). USC would drive right down the field with some big runs and a few big passes to the TE before a 17 yard run from HB Dillion Baxter. Boyd wasn't done however, as he put together another drive into USC territory. On 3rd and 10, Boyd was hit while throwing, but WR Martavis Bryant made an unbelievable catch near the goal line (2nd video). 17-14 USC at the half.

The third quarter, was similar to the first and no one scored in the period. However, Clemson was able to tie the game early in the 4th on a 32 yard FG by Keith Love. Both teams went back and forth playing tough defense for few drives. Clemson would get the ball back with about 5 minutes to go. Boyd, McDowell, and Bryant lead the team on a drive that last 4:26 and ended with a 8 yard McDowell run (3rd video). USC would move down inside the Clemson 30 yard line, but was tackled in bounds as the clock expired. 24-17 Clemson wins!

WR Bryant was big in this one hauling in 6 passes for 119 yards and 1 TD. Next week Clemson will head on the road to face Alabama and coach Masler.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The story of the Texas Longhorns week 1 game was defense. They dominated the Panthers offense, shutting them out 26-0. The defense forced 3 turnovers and 8 sacks, 4 of those by RE Jackson Jeffcoat. Unfortunately on the other side of the ball things weren't as dominant. We were unable to run the ball effectively at all from any of our shotgun sets, and outside of a 40+ yard run from the speed option, to move the ball we had to go with a power running game.

HB Chris Whaley did go for 100 yards on 17 carries and a TD, but most of that was on a single carry. Freshman QB Mark Young didn't turn the ball over, but he finished the game with a less than 50% completion percentage. TE Trey Graham was his main target catching 5 balls as the majority of the WR corps was covered almost the entire game. There were a couple wide open guys who were badly overthrown though.

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #2 Ohio State - 51
    Colorado - 0

Fifty one and fifty two. Those two numbers are significant for the Buckeyes in this game. Fifty one is the number of points put up the the Buckeyes offense, who after only losing 4 starters expected to be explosive. Jaamal Berry lead the way for Ohio State, running for 150 yards on 14 carries, including a 81 yard scamper around the edge. Roderick Smith added another 100 yards, in his typical grinding smash mouth manner. Kenny Guiton did only what he had to do and no more, going 12/18 for 182 yards and 2 scores. He spread the ball around well, completing passes to 7 different players.

The other significant number is fifty two. That is the number of yards given up by the stout Ohio State defense. Sporting 9 seniors, the Buckeye defense is loaded for bear and itching to win the Big Ten. The Buckeye defense was all over the Buffalo's, sacking CU starter Nick Harshman five times and limiting him to 6-14 for 44 yards. He was pressured so hard he couldn't get a pass out long enough to be intercepted. Quinten Hildrith was the Buffs leading rusher, running 17 times for 42 yards. Combined with the sacks, CU had 8 yards rushing on the game.

Next week Ohio State has Central Michigan, who looks to see significant amounts of the Buckeye second team.

17. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I am not looking forward to playing your team. Your going to run me over worse than you did last season.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    My line is better than last year.

19. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I'm kicking onside kicks the whole game.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    How does that help?

21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

You won't rack up as many yards....makes his defensive stats look better. Reverse stat whoring...lol

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    No, it means I will score fast and rack up the same yards but more points. LOL

23. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Gives me at least some chance for consecutive scoring drives haha

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, touche

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG] 35
    [​IMG] 56

It was not pretty early on in Ann Arbor, but the Wolverines turned up the pressure in the second half for a 21 point victory. UConn HB Hyppolite turned three highlight film runs into TDs of 47, 71 and 31 yards in the first half. The Michigan defense then forced two turnovers which were converted in touchdowns. Devin Gardner racked up 308 total yards from scrimmage but left the game on two occasions due to injury. Offenively the story was the speed and power combination from Hbs Fitz Toussaint and David Thomas who combined for 308 yards on the ground and five scores. Next up Michgian will take on rival Notre Dame at home.