Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Muttcope, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Season 4 Scores

#8 Mizzou 19
    #23 Bama 41

I scored with just under 3:00 left in the 3rd to make it 13-10 Mizzou, and then Mizzou's QB decided to throw the game away. He threw 4 picks on their next 5 possesions, with 3 of them being returned for TD's by Bama. It was a really close game until that point.

Next up Lawdog, and Ole Miss.....Let's see the game genie in action.

2. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Week 1

Cincinnati 48
    #21 Virginia Tech 28

Good 1st game for the Bearcats. My sophmore CB Quinn, had 3 INT's in the first half, the last returned 91yds for a TD to end the half.

Stats
    QB Anderson - 21 of 24 / 270yds / 2TD / 0INT
    RB Pead - 31att / 139yds / 1TD
    RB Sanders - 11att / 87yds / 2TD
    WR Woods - 6 REC / 74yds
    WR Woodard - 5 REC / 58yds
    LB Reynolds - 6 TACK / 1 TFL / 1 SACK
    CB Quinn - 5 TACK/ 3INT

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    UConn 65 - Oregon 6

Totally annihilated the Ducks. Offense continued where they left off last season.

D. Horton: 18-23, 384 YDS, 6 TD, 1 INT
    S. Carter: 6 REC, 126 YDS, 2 TD
    L. Mixon: 5 REC, 82 YD, 2 TD
    B. Fulton: 3 REC, 61, 1 TD
    M. Mauti: 10 TACK, 2 TFL
    R. Stewart: 4 TACK, 2 SACK

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Mutt, I really was hoping to test out the offense before playing Bama but it looks like I will be learning on the fly.

Im going to try and open the offense up a little bit, but with Davis and Cannon I will still try to run the ball.

Im not sure if everyone will get their games in by tonight, but Im planning on playing Adam late tonight. It may have to be late tomorrow night before we can run.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'll be getting my game in tonight...think it's a CPU game or maybe it's no game!

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

We beat up Florida Atlantic 69-14. I have a man crush on our new hb Reggie thibedeux. Granted it wasn't great competition, but 12 carries for 215 yards and 3 td is nothing to sneeze at. Great having a speed back finally, can run a balanced offense and run the ball rather than chucking it 30 times a games

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    NCSTATE- 52, #9 PSU- 24

---Bottom line I established the run and my big bruising RB had 119 yards on 31 carries with 5TD's on the ground! Backup Isaiah Chandler had 118 on 13 carries. PSU had a tough time with a freshman QB back there known more for his speed than passing. He threw 3 INT's and completed only 7 of 18 passes. Green though had 159 yards on 18 carries with 2TD's.

8. ogode

ogode Guest

MSU 56
    Texas Tech 38

2 pick-6's in the last 1:40 saved me. Their offense was too good. I may have to transfer over to the dreaded 2 QB system, one guy can throw -one guy can run. Im too afraid of what my runner might do against a human defense...zero accuracy!

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Maryland 68
    #12 Cal 36

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    #15 NCSTATE- 38
    #24 CINCY- 14

---My defense dominated to the tune of 7INT's and 4 sacks...we made life like hell for Cincy QB Chazz Anderson who threw 6 himself. My starting QB Mike Glennon was knocked out the game but backup Wilson did solid and the run game kept the offense moving. Barnes, who was the backup FS last year is a playmaker and better than Byers who has better speed. Barnes had 3 of the 7INT's today.

11. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

USC - 10
    Clemson - 6

Week 1 @ #1 USC

Well the TT III schedule maker made sure to wake Clemson up early, scheduling #1 USC first week 1

We had our chances, can't blame the defense that's for sure...but when your offense only puts up 6 points for the entire game, you're not going to win

Clemson's defense only gave up 10 points to mighty USC, but their effort wasn't enough as the Tigers fell, 10-6 in a tough road loss

The turning point in the game came right before the half Clemson leading 6-3

Clemson's starting halfback (I forget the bastid's name, still don't know this team ) fumbled right at the USC goalline and the Trojans recovered the ball

USC then ran out the clock to keep the deficit at 3...had the Tigers punched it in, they could've went ahead 13-3

Instead USC's speedy defense smothered Clemson for the rest of the game and managed to score the only TD of the second half

USC swarmed the Tigers QB, sacking him 8 times

12. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 2 at Miss. St.
    Boston College 17 - Miss. St. 31
    Key Stats:
    Passing: 16/28/183yards, TD, 4 Ints
    Rushing: Haden- 18/72yards
    Receiving: McCoy- 8rec/122yards, TD
    Defense: Baker- 10 Tackles

At Miss. St.- Not Getting It Done! Mississippi State sends the Eagles back to Chestnut Hill with an opening day loss, 31-17. Besides our opening offensive drive, the offense stuggled and QB Davis had 4 interceptions. "We need for a change and next week it will happen", said Coach Flo after the heartbreaking loss to the Bulldogs. As for the defense they made stops when they needed to and are much improved from last season. Up next for the Eagles is the #10 Florida State who the Eagles have not beat since Coach Flo has been the coach.

13. ogode

ogode Guest

I went with the Senior back-up QB that can throw in leu of the Freshman speedster. He went 27 of 30 for 280 1/1. The player of the game though seems to like BC... HB #2 injured most of last season had 25 for 130 2tds and 9 for 155 rec. What sealed the deal was the 92 yd out route with 50 sec left.

Great game Flo!

14. Muttcope

Bama a little
    Ole Miss a lot

SPEED SPEED SPEED.....Patrick Cannon in the flats is sick. I dont have speed to stay with Ole Miss. It was 13-13 at half and then his CB's ran better routes than my WR's....they would ran past my WR's on their way to the INT. GG Lawdog add another MNC to your resume with that speed, you will be tough to beat.

15. JrRawlins

Maryland 56
    Clemson 35

My defense let me down alittle bit in this game... but we still figured out a way to get it done... gg rhude...

16. OMlawdog

Ole Miss - 43
    Alabama - 16

Mutt is right, speed showed up in the second half. Bama's front seven was ridiculous and I couldn't run the ball and luckily this year's Ole Miss team has weapons at WR.

The game was a lot closer than the score indicated and one of my starting CB Allen had a really big game.

17. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That INT I threw right before the half, was stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid....you took it back and went ahead 28-21....had I not gotten greedy, I could've went into the half tied at 21-21...I was in catchup mode the rest of the way and eventually ran out of bullets

I'm going to beat the shit out of Miami for that loss

18. JrRawlins

yeah i was surprised you even threw that, with so little time left...

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    NCSTATE- 58, DUKE- 13

---Defense again is stout, holding Duke to just over 200 yards total in the game. We forced two turnovers as well. Power back Greg Ingram has been impressive so far this year as he has another 100 yard game, this time with 110 yards and a TD.

20. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 3 vs #9 Florida State
    Florida State 6 - Boston College 23
    Key Stats:
    Passing: Johnson- 10/12/121yards
    Rushing: Haden- 29/155yards, TD
    Receiving: Hines-3rec/54yards
    Defense: CB Sellers- 9 Tackles

Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts- A Complete Victory Over A Ranked Opponent! Boston College looks polished in a 23-6 win over 9th ranked Florida State in the Eagle's home opener. After a very dissappointing loss to the Bulldogs, the Eagles regroup and come up big with a win over a top dog. QB Johnson first start was a success and did not turn the ball over, he was very efficient when it came time to pass and made great decisions. Although the story of the game was our outstanding play of our defensive unit, to only give up 6 points to a high powered offense like Florida State is very impressive. Up next the Eagles travel to Clemson to face the Tigers.

21. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

WoW!

down 24-6 in the 4th quarter to #16 Miami on the road, the Clemson Tigers pulled off the mother of all comebacks downing Miami 31-30 in overtime.

For three quarters, Miami's defense smothered Clemson offense holding them to only six points making it hard to sustain drives. It didn't help that the Tigers starting HB was hurt on the first play of the game. Without him, any chance of running the ball went out the window.

But the 4th quarter came and Clemson suddenly woke up. Going 5 wide for most of the quarter, Clemson finally was able to move the ball. The Tiger's freshman TE Hampton put on a clinic scoring two times as Miami could not cover him. Hampton hauled in the tying TD pass with 35 seconds left as the Tigers stormed back tying the game at 24-24.

In overtime the Hurricanes won the toss, and elected to play defense first. Clemson quickly scored as Hampton hauled in his third TD pass of the day to go up 31-24.

Miami would answer though and scored in 3 plays, setting up the extra point to try and tie the game.

Clemson would try to block it up one of their players left a bit early and they were penalized for offsides.

Miami would line up again, but this time the kick sailed left and boinked off the left upright.

CLEMSON WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TE Hampton was the player of the game with 10 rec, 146 yds, 3 TDs

22. JrRawlins

Miami's kicker is on suicide watch right now....

23. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

For real....I saw that shit sail and DOINK! I was happy as shit...0-3 with another user game staring me in the face would not have made me too chipper

24. OMlawdog

Ole Miss -60 something
    Vandy - 7

Three WR had 100 yard games and 3 players had over 90 yards on the ground.

Big game for the backup QB.

25. Muttcope

#23 Bama 21
    Cincy 15

A defensive struggle in which the offenses didn't do much. I picked off a pass in the endzone, or so i thought, and got tackled in the endzone for a saftey which i thought would come back and bite me. Cincy's QB is a real good dual threat as it takes about 3 guys to bring him down. My Player of the Game was my kick returner as he returned one up the gut to give me a 21-8 lead in the 3rd quarter. I had him pinned at his 2 yd line in the 3rd quarter, and then Anderson made a great throw to his WR for 91yds in the 4th quarter. He was driving to take the lead, but i threw a blitz at him to hurry the throw on his last drive with about :20 seconds left and it caused and early throw which my saftey stepped up and picked off. Great game Cribbs, it was nice to have a defensive game.