Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by theSANDMAN215, Sep 12, 2011.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Post 'em

2. theSANDMAN215

Dominated Hawaii. Even with my 5 picks(I suck). Both of my running backs had 100+ games on the ground.

With being the OC I noticed while super simming I missed two possessions with having the ball. One was an interception. Just an observation for anyone starting as a coordinator now.

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

UAB 45
    Troy 38

3 first quarter TDs by HB Darrin Reaves set the tone for us offensively, but the defense didn't do us any favors, allowing 17 points as well. After the high scoring first quarter both teams settled in and played better defense. A pick 6 early in the 2nd half gave Troy the lead, but both teams would trade scores again to go into the 4th quarter tied at 38. Both offenses would stall out for the most part in the 4th quarter, but we were able to put a drive together and score with 2:37 left in the game. After holding Troy and getting the ball back with about 1:00 left all we needed was a first down to seal the game, but we couldn't convert and had to punt the ball back to the Trojans. The game would end on a failed hail mary to give UAB their first win over Troy under Coach Timpe.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

FIU: 14
    UCF: 38

My top 2 running backs combined for 200 yards rushing and 4 tds. The FIU QB was cheesy has hell breaking tackles and running out of the pocket right away.

MLB Vinny Mazzurco finished where he left of last year with a pick and a sack.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Oregon State 42, North Texas 21

We rode on the coat tails of the stable of running backs, busting some long runs to demoralize the North Texas defense early on. Consequently, our defense didn't play great, giving up some long drives to a pretty sub par offensive attack. Granted they were on the field for most of the game due to the offense's ability to strike quickly, we can't make giving up 21 points to Sun Belt teams a habit.

Lots of concerns result from this game, but we will go to practice and figure out how to utilize our offensive weapons more effectively.

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Eastern Michigan - 31
    Northwestern - 20

Really weird game. I had to delete my custom playbook, and even then I couldn't do formation subs. After going back to ole miss playbook, things went ok. I'm tinkering with a two qb system since the QB's are within 1 point of each other and couldn't be more different.

In this game, big plays from Adam Gonzales and Robert Henry let eastern Michigan grab a nice early win.

I'm thinking about going no huddle, and tinkered with it in this game, but just not sure it is sim. Defensively, JJ meadows had a big game with a force fumble and about 8 tackles. Overall a good start.

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I never had a problem with no huddle as long as the defense has a chance to get set and obviously keeping personnel in the correct positions. Somebody ran it a little bit on me in last year's game and I didn't feel it was unsim. I forget who it was though... Might have been Gators. Its pretty broken after the patch though.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Looks like Run defense needs a bit of a bump as everyone's went buck wild.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I was thinking that too. It felt a ton easier to run the ball then it has in the past.

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I couldn't do shit on the ground, but it was texas so...

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Nevada: 31
    UCLA: 28

The UCLA offense shined with QB Brett Hundley leading the charge but the UCLA defense was unable to keep Nevada off the field. Nevada's running back carried the ball 41 times for 234 yards to outlast the UCLA offense. UCLA QB Brett Hundley completed 25 of 36 passes for 319 yards with 2 TD's.

12. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Some bullshit.... i aint deleting my playbook... took me like 3 hours to get it the way i want.... i couldnt use it against Navy.... but i refuse to delete it....

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Not everyone ran the ball well. I had already bumped it up. The tuner pack they just released is going to set us back a few weeks with the sliders, but we'll get there.

14. OMlawdog

When I try to go to formation subs, it says operation failed and option is not available.

15. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

shit when i went to formation subs my game froze, on the loading playbook screen.... three times... i just said fuck it... did the subs in the game...

16. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya, if you have a custom playbook, you cant do formation subs right now. custom playbooks are broken. I changed my default playbook in my coaching options to a regular playbook and it allowed me to do formation subs

17. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm fine with formation subs but are the custom playbooks busted altogether? They dont load in practice mode, I can tell you that.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Broken

19. OMlawdog

My game froze everytime i tried to load the playbook. I had to delete it. Once I deleted it, the formation subs simply said it was an error and I couldn't even do anything with it.

Pretty frustrating.

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I haven't had any problems using the default Michigan playbook. :thumbsup:

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Cal 21
    Buffalo 14

It was a pretty good game both offenses shined, but it was SR WR Clay bringing in the 45 yard pass for what would be the game winning score. The Bulls would drive to tie the game, but their hopes were ended when their 2nd WR would catch the pass inside the 20 and then get laid out by the FS forcing the fumble to win the game.

22. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We were headed for a classic until the fumble happens. The run that was called back for holding was huge also - I pulled off on the guy because I saw the hold, I think he could have taken it all the way then who knows what could have happened.

You can tell how peeved I am because I wouldn't upload a clip if I wasn't...... GOD DAMNIT GAME!

23. theSANDMAN215

Got hit by the no huddle bug tonight. I'll post a recap of the game in a minute. At the end of the game, I was driving and had to go no huddle. So I call a shotgun formation. Completed the pass and go no huddle, but my formation changed to a formation not even in my playbook. I try to go to a different formation and I get the wildcat formation and goal line, nothing else. So I quickly go back to the random formation they gave me.

Anyone else have this happen?

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 1

UTEP - 22
    New Mexico - 14

This game marked the second full season running the option offense by the UTEP Miners. Last year say them finish 7-6 on the back of an opportunitistic defense and a patient, almost plodding offense. Now, with a year's experience under their belt, and all of their option skill players returning, the Miners expect to improve upon that 7-6 mark. This season also marks the return of the 3-4, 2 gap defense that has long been a hallmark of coach Shaun Mason.

"We had some success last year with the 3-3-5, but we ran that because we came into camp looking bare at linebacker and we had Wesley Miller who could roam and play that fifth defensive back position. We had some improvement from guys and some new guys stepped in from junior college who can really fly around and make people uncomfortable. I'm glad to be back to the 3-4."

UTEP came into the game trying to set the pace and dictate to their opponent. UTEP has struggled during Mason's tenure to stop the high flying offenses in the Conference USA. By punishing the opposing defense, UTEP can keep the opposing offense off the field, if they move the ball. Last year saw them struggle at times to move the ball, with devestating consequences.

New Mexico won the toss and elected to receive. Back to back sacks by Brock Cooper led to a Lobo three and out. UTEP got the ball and plodded down the field into field goal range, where kicker Will Wright (son of The Sims creator Will Wright) drove the ball through the uprights for a 3-0 lead. After holding the Lobos to another punt, UTEP repeated this performance to take a 6-0 lead. After a New Mexico turnover, UTEP HB Josh Bell took a pitch 17 yards for a score to give UTEP a 13-0 lead. The UTEP defense again plays stout and UTEP gets one more opportunity to kick a field goal to take a 16-0 lead into the second half.

After 39 yards of offense in the first half, the Lobos came out fired up only to be denied AGAIN. UTEP rinses and repeats down the field and kicks ANOTHER FG to go up 19-0. At this point New Mexico decides to make it a game. Lobo HB Cruesoe Gongbay (great name) busts a long run for a 34 yard score and then shortly after Donnie Duncan pulls in a 17 yard pass from Dustin Walton to make it a 19-14 game. UTEP starts to sweat but manages to get in field goal range again where Wright puts his fifth FG through to take a 22-14 lead. New Mexico tries to score but fails on fourth down when Brock Cooper sacks Walton for the fourth time to seal the win. UTEP rides the victory formation to the win.

Key State: TOP
    UTEP 21:08
    New Mexico 6:52

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Oregon State 7, Georgia Tech 24

I played my game on small ass tv in my hotel room and it showed. Georgia Tech wore their gold uniforms and we came out in white. So it was pretty tough to make judgements on medium+ passes. I threw a lot of picks.