Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mikedeep97, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Post them here.

2. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Alabama escapes 31-30 in annual game over Nebraska.

For the second consecutive season Nebraska opens the season at Bryant-Denny Stadium and for the second straight season they leave a play away from victory. Nebraska's QB Carnes ripped apart the Bama secondary throwing for 315 yards in the season opener as he completed pass after pass. The Bama D was at a loss on ways to stop the passing game and allowed big plays on missed pass break ups compounded by missed tackles. Nebraska jumped out to an early 14-0 lead and put a complete hush on the road crowd.

Alabama would answer with a scoring drive putting up 3 with a FG by FR K E. Ross late in the second quarter. Then the Tide D showed up with an interception return for TD on the ensuing drive to cut the lead to five after Nebraska blocked the PAT. The Cornhuskers rode that momentum to a quick score before the half to push the score to 21-9 and the comfort of knowing Bama kicked off to start the second half.

The Tide D forced a punt to open the half and took the ball down the field for a score to make it 21-16. Trailing 24-16 after a Cornhusker FG, the Alabama offense decided to lean on the running game and drove down for a quick score to open the fourth to cut the advantage to 2. On the two-pt conversion the Tide went back to the play they scored the TD on a play before and were stopped inches away from a tie ball game. After forcing another punt, the Tide drove down into the redzone again before a timely sack forced a 25 yard attempt for the lead that was almost blocked again.

But the Tide lead would last only for a moment as Nebraska dinked and dunked their way down the field before a 32-yard scamper on a perfectly timed draw play for a 6-point Nebraska lead. Cornhusker Nation was ready to run naked through the streets of Lincoln. And then the kickoff came.. Jr HB Demetrius Hart started up the field and broke left behind a wall of blockers, a pancake block came, he spins to the middle, avoids a tackler.. sprints up the sideline outrunning two defenders on his way to a 97-yard game winning touchdown on the kick return. Nebraska fans were crushed and the elation in Roll Tide land was orgasmic. With :57 left Nebraska was unable to work the magic they'd had all game stalling on 1st and 2nd down before fumbling on 3rd down to effectively end the game.

One of the greatest games ever played on this users watch.

3. Connor

Connor Walk On

Agreed. Man, sucks as I know this could be a good year. I just have to beat the users i play this year as, I think my team has the talent to beat the CPUs like I usually have trouble with. My first year recruiting class is finally coming together, the speed of all those 5 star WRs I picked up was a lot that game and Carnes has finally gotten accurate. This fumbled though.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

UF- 63
    tOSU- 10

The Gators looked good in their season opener upset win over the #2 ranked Buckeyes. Florida jumped to an early 21-3 halftime lead and put any doubt of a comeback with a 28 point 3rd quarter. QB Driskel finished with 222yds 3 TD 1 int and 26tds TD rushing. Star RB Brown had 207yds 3TD on only 14 carries. Jenkins lew WR with 132yds 2 TD on 4 rec. The Gators where a bend but don't break D, but recorded 7 sacks and forced 4 turnovers to help hold tOSU to only 10 points.

5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Tigers Trail Until Last 5 Seconds
    LSU squeaks by Huskers, 31-28
    It was not the offensive performance Head Coach Baron wanted in his inaugural effort as LSU head man, but the LSU Tigers scraped past the Nebraska Cornhuskers at Memorial Stadium. But they managed a comeback despite being down, at one point 28-14.​
    The game started off well for the Tigers as they bent but didn't break, allowing the Cornhuskers to drive down the field but eventually stopping them. But an interception by backup QB Travis Dennis, subbing in for a shaken up Zach Mettenberger, on his only pass of the night, set up a short field for Nebraska that they'd take advantage of with an Aaron Green 4 yard rush late in the first.​
    Things wouldn't be much better on the next drive as Mettenberger would toss another INT. Fortunately, the LSU D stood tall, forcing Nebraska's only turnover on a fumble by QB Brion Carnes.​
    The Tigers would finally get things going on the ground, with an eventual 36 yard TD rush by Mettenberger off a read option play. "You really see his will to win on that one. He's not the fastest guy, but he reads his blocks about as well as anyone in the country, and well you see the result."​
    But the Cornhuskers would hit right back, as Carnes would move the ball in chunks of yards before finally scoring from 7 yards out on an option keeper.​
    Mettenberger would throw yet another INT as the Tigers tried a 2 minute drill, but not enough time left for Nebraska to score, going into half time 14-7 Nebraska.​
    But the Tigers would be able to knot things back up after a long pass play by Mettenberger to Bryant Dailey would eventually be cashed in by Ken Malcome from 5 yards out.​
    Then would follow a string of unmitigated disasters for LSU. After the Nebraska offense moved to the LSU 32 yard line, Brion Carnes would loft the ball to the right sideline, SS Ronnie Vinson would attempt to intercept the ball but come up late, letting WR George Harrell waltz into the endzone.​
    The very next possession, Mettenberger's pass to the flats would be picked off by Harvey Jackson and taken 37 yards to the house, giving the Cornhuskers a 28-14 lead with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.​
    The Tigers wouldn't panic, however, as they pounded the ball on their next drive, passing only once on a post to TE David Nolan. That drive would also be punched in by Malcome from four yards out.​
    A Nebraska punt to start the 4th quarter would seemingly give LSU a chance to get right back into the game, but Mettenberger's 4th INT would seemingly crush all hope for the Tigers.​
    With 4:09 left in the game, the Cornhuskers would be aggressive and drop back to pass but be sacked on the play. An incompletion followed by a 1 yard completion forced a punt with three minutes left.​
    The Tigers would have good field position and with 2 minutes left, Mettenberger would hit Nolan from 35 yards out in the middle of the Cover 2. It was almost his 5th INT as the Nebraska defender was inches away from picking the ball off.​
    The game would thus be tied with 1:58 left. But once again the Tiger D would stand tall forcing an incompletion, a 1 yard sack as Carnes attempted to scramble, and then only a 2 yard gain, forcing the Cornhuskers to punt from their own 22.​
    With barely :56 seconds left, the Tigers would go into hurry up mode. The play of the drive was when WR Jarvis Landry took a pass on a short drive route, broke a tackle and then ran for 25 yards to the Conrhusker 16 yard line. From there a Ken Malcome 13 yard rush would kill more time off the clock and set up a 21 yard FG with 5 seconds left. Mike Abrams would nail it right down the center, giving LSU the lead for only 5 seconds that was killed on a squib kick.​
    "I don't advise trying to win games going minus four in the turnover category, but we did what we had to to win this one," said Baron.​
    Nebraska Head Coach @Conner was quoted after the game as saying, "I really feel like we should be 2-0 right now. We just have to finish better."​
    LSU will host Oklahoma next week as Nebraska travels to Stanford.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. Connor

Connor Walk On

Damnit. Another loss coming my way?

7. Baron

Three straight user games does seem a bit much.

8. mikedeep97

mikedeep97 Walk On

Alabama wins 37-14, but loses Heisman Winner.

On his second carry of the game, Mason Payne was lost for the game--and possibly longer. Payne took a handoff up the middle and was drilled by an OSU defender and layed writhing in pain. The prognosis was broken ribs and the early assumption is that he'll miss a majority of the season. But the rest of the Alabama offense stepped up after the injury to their #1 weapon as Philip Sims had his best game BY FAR as a member of the Crimson Tide as his oft erratic arm was clutch going 11 of 15 for 199 yards, 2 TDs and NO INTERCEPTIONS. Demetrius Hart rushed 14 times for 73 yards and a score and slot receiver Mike Abrams found the soft spot of the cover two D repeatedly for 128 yards on 4 receptions, scoring twice.

Alabama plays two road games as a tune up to their week 6 showdown with #3 Oregon. When asked about having to travel to Eugene for a second consecutive season Coach Saban responded "We don't like it. We're not big on traveling four straight weeks nor do we like playing in Eugene in back-to-back years. But I'm sure coach Connor isn't happy about traveling to Tuscaloosa three times in a row. But my job isn't to make the schedule or to talk about it. My job is to prepare this team to go out and compete each week and to try to bring a championship back to the great University of Alabama."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    AUBURN- 31, STANFORD- 10

Stanford won the toss and chose to receive (which is unusual). They charged down the field with great execution until a fumble by their RB Wright ended a long drive. This to me was the turning point of the game because the next play, QB Frazier hit WR Tony James for a 74 yd pass. He took an in and out pattern, broke a tackle and went the distance. The Cardinal offense would then proceed down the field but again end up with no points. The two long drives ending with no points really took a toll on this squad. Their efficient offense got them up and down the field and gave Auburn only 1 1st quarter play (which went for a TD). Auburn's defense would later tighten up and sack Stanford's QB 9 times and picked him off 4 times on the game. Tony James was slick in the open field, having over 100yds receiving and 2TD's receptions while being elusive in the kick and punt return game.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

Michigan State - 13
    Utah - 27

No stats, i flaked doing a summary last night and I cant access the wire. GG Boom29 . Utah was in control of this for the entire first half, up 17-3 and driving for what could have put the game out of reach. However, an ill-advised pass was picked off and MSU scored to end the first half, making a 7 point game. Utah sealed the game with a long drive in the 4th quarter, taking its time moving down the field for a TD, leaving little time for any Spartan comeback.

Not to self and others...While trying to run out the clock, my HB broke what would have been another TD. Feeling like may have been rubbing it in, I found got tackled and fumbled :) So, if I score on you late, thats why. Cant risk that again!

I got stats...waiting for offseason in AM to start

MSU QB Turner 9/26 139 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    UTAH QB Thomas 12/19 209 Yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

MSU HB Brown 9 Carries, 58 Yards
    UTAH HB Langi 19 Carries, 110 Yards, 1 TD

MSU WR Stewart 3 Catches, 38 Yards
    UTAH WR Scott 6 Catches, 93 Yards

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Doubt that will ever happen.....

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stay up past 11pm EST and you'll find out :D

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Just FYI, I have three straight user games as well.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Me too...Stanford, USC and Oregon. Good times!

15. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well that is not my fault, that is the CPU's fault.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not complaining, it like user games...im the one pushing for one conference in the AM, remember!

17. Baron

Hey, I wasn't criticizing. I understand scheduling is a bitch with a whole league.

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oregon 52
    TCU 10

In a rematch of last years National Championship, Oregon completely throttles TCU to open their season with a win. The Duck's starters didn't get much work as they only played the 1st half and one drive in the 2nd half. Despite throwing a pick in the end zone, Bryan Bennett looked very solid passing for over 230 yards and 3 touchdowns. The big question mark for the team that's playing without last year's heisman runner up Lache Seastrunk, was how would Kenny Bassett, his replacement, look. The question was answered as Bassett rushed for 68 yards and 2 touchdowns on just 8 carries. The big time story was Keanon Lowe, Oregon's Mr. Do It All. Lowe had 142 yards and 2 touchdowns receiving, and also averaged 42 yards per punt return on 4 returns, and added another touchdown. Also had 2 kick returns for 56 yards. Keanon will be what makes this team go this season. They tried to get him involved in the running game, but Bryan Bennett kept all of the options and picked up big yards. The Oregon defense came up with 3 interceptions and a forced fumble, and held Quarterback Matt Brown to 110 yards passing. With the subs in, Jacquen Bolen still threw one pass and one pass only. It went for 56 yards and a touchdown. Tra Carson added 48 yards on the ground, but lacked the speed needed to really work for this spread offensive attack. Look for the Ducks to try to pick up a solid RB in this recruiting class to take over for Kenny Bassett next season.

19. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oregon 49
    Colorado 10

Oregon opens up conference play with another big win. It was another short day for the starters, and that's what most expected. Bennett was 9-12 for 259 yards and 2 touchdowns on the day. The experienced senior continues to show why the Ducks have been so high on him since he landed in Eugene. Kenny Bassett had a huge day rushing the ball 13 times for 100 yards and 4 touchdowns. His backup Tra Carson came in the game and rushed for a touchdown and 77 yards. Keanon Lowe had 149 yards receiving and a touchdown and almost broke another punt return for a touchdown. The freshman 5 star receiver finally caught his first pass of the season for 36 yards, but that was it. He's expected to get involved more as the season goes on and he gets a better grasp of the offense.

20. Baron

Tigers Embarrass Sooners
    D keeps OU off the board until 6 minutes to go, win 50-14
    From five turnovers to none, the LSU Tigers put the world on notice that they're back to the big time with a 50-14 shellacking of #11 Oklahoma in Death Valley. "We really worked out a lot of the kinks from week one and you see the results.​
    Those results included 40 unanswered points through three quarters against the sooners. Zach Mettenberger had a solid game passing, going for 220 yards and two scores off 16 of 20 passing. Ken Malcome pounded his way to 96 yards and a score on 18 carries as well.​
    But the defense was the story of the day, forcing 6 sacks (three by DT Anthony Johnson) and an interception returned for a touchdown by All-American CB Tharold Simon. "It's one of those days where you can't go wrong," said Baron.​
    LSU hosts Vanderbilt next week.​

21. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

USC 51
    FSU 14

The Trojans open the year with a big win over the #20 team in the country. The Seminoles struck first, going up 7-0 in the first on a 34 yd TD pass, but from there the wheels fell off. USC scored 34 unanswered points from there until midway through the third quarter and cruised to an easy win. Senior HB DJ morgan scored on 3 of his 8 rushing attempts plus caught 3 passes and returned punts and kicks for USC. Morgan looks to be a difference maker and a guy the opposing coaches have to prepare for even though he isnt the feature back in this offense.

22. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I think I wasn't patient enough with the run...maybe as a result of wanting to see what my QBs could do. Good game though, your receiver gave me fits, even when I "focused" on him.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

Iowa - 30
    Utah - 35

The Utes escape in this one as the Freshman QB threw 3 costly interceptions. But in the end, the Utah defense came up with some turnovers of their own, taking down the #5 rank Hawkeyes in Salt Lake. Utah was out gained in this one 444 to 342 and trailed by 10 at the half. However the 2nd half was a different story as the Utes used a pick 6 to tie game and some big plays in the run and pass game to take the lead. Iowa had a chance late, down 5 inside the Utah 5 with just under a minute left, but threw an interception in the end zone, allowing the Utah offense to run out the clock. The Utes improve to 2-0 on the season and start Pac 12 play next week.

Player Stats
    Utah QB Andre Thomas 10/17 227 Yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
    Iowa QB Jake Ruddock 12/21 334 Yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

Utah HB Harvey Langi 11 Carries, 76 Yards
    Utah HB Lucky Randley 2 Carries, 74 Yards, 1 TD
    Iowa HB Mikail McCall 20 Carries, 85 Yards

Utah WR Kenneth Scott 3 Catches, 58 Yards, 1 TD
    Utah WR Dres Anderson 2 Catches, 101 Yards, 1 TD
    Iowa WR Chris Washington 3 Catches, 138 Yards, 1 TD
    Iowa WR Marcus Grant 2 Catches, 120 Yards, 1 TD

Utah DE Lawrence Griffin 6 Tackles, 6 Solo, 6 TFL, 5.0 Sacks ( I don't control linemen, I swear!)
    Utah FS C.J. Meyer 9 Tackles, 7 Solo, 1 INT
    Iowa DT Johnny Hayes 6 Tackles, 4 Solo, 3 TFL, 1.5 Sacks

24. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  25. Connor

Connor Walk On

So i lost to Stanford. When the score was tied 28-28 with 3 minutes to go. I was driving up the field, when for some reason I called a play and didn't notice my RB was the QB? Why was this I don't know. But he proceeded to throw a TD that was returned for a TD. I lost 35-28. I hate losing 3 close games where I can't close the game out. Could be 3-0, but am instead 0-3. There goes my season.