Season 4 Scores ...

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by theSANDMAN215, Oct 12, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Season 4 Scores ...

Maryland: 13
    #8 vt: 66

wasn't even close. i am more pissed i tossed 2 picks to maryland. i could do basically anything i wanted against those bums.

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

#14 Virginia 33
    Nebraska 21

Game was defensive early..... then my HB Scott going got end up with 120 yards of total offense and 2 touchdowns.....

3. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

UVA is the real deal as if we didn't know that already. I was happy with my performance, but my QB missed a wide open receiver that would have given me the lead in the 2nd quarter, but he over shot him by 5 yards. Then M. Turner was knocked out and Cody Green proceeded to be Derek Anderson as he went 3-17 with 3 picks....ugh. Overall I'm happy with my performance so hopefully we will right the ship against Tulsa next week.

4. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

ouch, #14 after winning it all?

btw, a nice early season OOC match up against Oregon. Gotta represent the SEC in that game.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That's what happens when you beat everyone with a team that is far less talented...

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

#2Georgia 38
    #5Oregon 31
    OT

This game was a lag fest off and on, but we decided to keep at it as it wasn't as bad as ususal lag. Georgia got on the board first with a pick 6 by Smith that followed missed 30yrd FG(lag). the bulldogs Defense looked good early forcing the Ducks high powered O to punt on their next possesion which led to a 20 yrd TD pass to Brown and a 14-0 first qtr lead.

The Ducks answered back in the second with a long drive that was capped with a 2yd TD run by Lawrence. After good defense by both teams the Bulldogs got the ball back with about 1:30. the dawgs marched down the field and scored on a 10 yrd pass to king with 5 seconds left. 21-7 halftime lead.

The 3rd Qtr was all Oregon as their running attack just ran all over the Bulldogs defense and it led to 10 points to narrow the lead to 21-17 going into the 4th.

On the kickoff following the Ducks 3rd qtr TD lag forced a bad kick that gave Geogia great Field position. SR HB Thomas took off on a long TD run to improve the bulldog lead to 28-17. On the ducks next drive came another TO when Hawkins was hit and the ball went flying right into RS JR Black hands for Hawkins 2nd int of the day. After Brown dropped a TD pass the Goergia settled for a FG and a 31-17 lead. The ducks got their Lag filled KO and marched down the field for a TD to pull with in 7. The Bulldogs goth the ball back with around 3 minutes left and the goal was atleast a FG, but on 3rd(already in range long, but in range) The bulldogs called the perfect play and had king open, but wouldn't let me throw and then got sacked for a huge loss. [remember lag FG missed] the Ducks got the ball back with a 1:30 and 1 timeout. on the 1yrd line with no timeouts the ducks went 5 wide and the WR took Ortiz far enough for hawkins to scramble in for the score and the tie.

The Ducks won the toss and decided to play D. on the 1st play of OT Murray hit Brown for a 25 yrd TD stike forcing the ducks to score a TD.
    The Ducks got to the 3yrd line and now its 4th down and three. The bulldogs LBs go all out trying to stop the option, but the QB keeps it for a pass and throws a quick pass to his top wr, but richardson says no way and batts it away game over. 38-31

Great game Bogey....hope to see you in the NC game...

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Wow... two sick games! I cannot believe that FSU is somehow ranked #1 despite inferior talent and a mediocre coach. We are definitely not buying into preseason rankings, that's for sure.

8. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1 vs Hawaii
    Hawaii 21 - USC 52
    Key Stats:
    Passing: Barkley- 12/16/317yards, 3 TDs, 2 Ints
    Rushing: McNeal- 15/173yards, 3 TDs
    Receiving: Flourney- 3rec/72yards, 2 TDs
    Defense: SS Murphy- 8 Tackles

Game started out very sloppy, as it was tied for most of the 1st half. Defense was getting sliced left and right and thank God for halftime, where I made major adjustments. With a lot of new face playing big time minutes it sure takes a while to see what works. All I know if we play like this against BBJ and JR, we are looking at 1-2 to start the year. Offensively with a new playbook we did pretty well and did move the ball, but then again it was not a great team we faced. Should be a lot of fun these next two user games.

9. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: SMU @ Missouri

SMU: 17
    Missouri: 34

SMU threw the ball 68 times!!!!! They stayed in shotgun formation the whole game so I was in Dime packages all game. My LOLB & ROLB didn't see the field much.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Sorry guys, my game will be done later this evening. couldn't get it in last night.

11. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

UCLA - 41
    ASU - 3

My first game with a new offensive play book, and lets just say it was interesting. I was able to run the ball fairly well with my QB who ran the option, but evidently the CPU was playing the pitch man most of the game. My passing game is still horrible, and if it doesn't improve, Im not going to win many games this year.

Defensively, my team made big plays and had back to back turnovers for 6 points, and I jumped out to a 14-0 lead, and was led by Ramon Turner, DE who had 8 tackles and 3 sacks.

I was encouraged with this game, but we have a long way to go.

12. JrRawlins

yeah no love for the reigning champs.... its all good though....(y)

[​IMG]

I like to call it making a dollar out of 15 cents...

13. JrRawlins

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

just playing man.... i already got 6 user games this year, im scared to think what you would do to us if your were pissed.....

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

This happens to me a lot. My QB gets a lot of rushing yards because the CPU a lot of times will go straight for the HB.

15. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah great game BBJ, just wish I had the chance because I was going for 2. This year is going to be up and down, Im far to young to compete on a weekly basis, and my schedule is brutal. The goal is no longer a National Title, its win the games I'm suppose to and move on.

16. Bondzai

ECU: 20
    GTech: 31

It took a while for my offense to get going. I made some stupid mistakes (3 INTs and a fumble on a dumb pitch) but in then end was able to pull away. WR Stephen Hill had 157 yards and 1 TD. MLB BJ Machen had 9 tackles and 1 INTs.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Same thing for me.

18. OMlawdog

It seems the CPU always plays the pitch man, at least a good bit of the time.

My QB was just fast enough to make them pay running for close to 100 yards out of the option.

My OL wasn't nearly as dominant as I would like, based on the numbers we should be running with authority, and it just didn't happen. I was able to get 5 RB's the ball so that was fun.

My passing game is horrible though.

19. Bondzai

I'm with you on that. It seems that my running game works better against other users than it does against the CPU.

20. OMlawdog

I played 6 RB's and 3 QB's so I enjoy the diversity this offense gives you.

By the way, what is the rule for the FB spot in the flex? Are we allowed to put a RB there, or does it have to be a FB? I have a converted 240 RB playing FB that I moved from HB my first year, but I also have a HB that is about 215, 89 speed that I was thinking about putting there, but Im not sure about the restrictions.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I guess it's okay if it is the formation subs as long as you mix it up. Not sure why you would need to bring in 3 QBs unless it was a blow out, but be sure to read those rules too.

22. OMlawdog

I was up 35-0 or 28-0 at the half. I brought in 2nd string QB for some of it, but he isn't a running QB. I then finished the game with my 2nd string running QB and he ran it a good bit.

23. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

FSU - 41
    FIU - 10

FIU was actually a little fiesty, but having EJ Manuel back meant this game was never a doubt. He threw for approx 190, 2 TD, and rushed for 88 yards.

24. OMlawdog

ucla - 41
    Iowa - 7

They scored on a fumbled punt return. Otherwise my defense shut them out. To be honest though they moved the pretty well against me. In fact they ran the ball for well over 150 yards and gained at least 13 first downs.

Both running qbs got hurt and so did one of my rbs.

Offense still has a long ways to go.

25. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Tulsa 7
    Nebraska 56

Complete domination by the Huskers