Season 4 - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Dru50, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Post em up.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

#9 Louisville - 14
    #10 Auburn - 31

The 2015 season kicked off with questions for the Auburn Tigers. Who will play QB? Can they run the ball after losing there top 4 running backs? Is Kiehl Frazier still on the team? For one week, those questions still remain but at least the Tigers were able to come away with the win over Louisville at home, 31-14.

Auburn's offense was sloppy and ineffective for most of the first half, falling behind the Cardinals early. The Tiger offense lead to Louisville's only points of the game, as they took an interception and a fumble in for 6 in the first half. The Tiger offense finally got something going in the 2nd half as they took the lead early in the 3rd quarter and cruised the rest of the way. The Tiger defense was great in this game, holding Louisville under 100 yards of total offense. The front 4 for Auburn was in the back field all day, making life miserable on the Cardinal QB. On the day, the Tigers recorded what has a be a record 12 sacks.

Next week, SEC play starts with a match-up against Florida.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Alabama 24
    Maryland 17

This game reminded me of the game I watched in person this weekend, the best player for the Tide was the opposing team's QB, Perry Hills. Mr. Hillis fumbled the ball 3 times and Alabama recovered all 3 fumbles. The offense looked very shaky in the first half with Alan White at QB. White's accuracy was somewhat a problem in this game as he consistently missed wide open receivers. Luckily for the Tide Alec Morris was on the bench along with TJ Yeldon. Morris came entered the game in the second half and the Tide scored 17 unanswered points going 6-8-144 yards, and 1 interception. However, TJ Yeldon played a big role in this game rushing for 100 yards and scoring two rushing touchdowns the first one was a 81 yard scamper. Dee Hart was able to add 63 additional rushing yards and a score as the Tide escaped Maryland with a win.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

CALIFORNIA 10
    TEXAS A&M 55

This game was 52-10 at half and the second team didn't do much worse in the second half. Manziel was 12-14 for 204 and 2 tds to Evans (who caught 4 for 108), while Brandon Williams had a career day and started his Heisman campaign with a 147 yards, 5 TD performance on only 13 carries. The defense picked Cal off 7 times.

5. Dru50

I meant to have recchem2000 tweak the sliders before we started but forgot to tell him.

Zach - can you give the CPU QB a 5 point bump in accuracy and maybe bump a few of their defensive ratings 5 points as well? I don't want to turn the CPU back into heisman mode, but last season the QB's for the computer were averaging 45-50% completions for the season vs users, which is too low. If 5 points doesn't make it a bit better we'll bump it again down the road.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

(y)

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I can beat that, I'll just use my.......
    [​IMG]

8. Wyrmreaver

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 45 50
    Pass Block 50 50
    WR Catching 45 55
    RB Ability 45 55
    Run Blocking 50 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Pass Coverage 50 50
    Pass Rush 45 50
    Interceptions 45 35
    Rush Defense 50 50
    Tackling 50 55
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 50 55
    FG Accuracy 35 35
    P Power 50 60
    P Accuracy 35 55
    Kickoff Power 50 55

Here is what we use in 4th horseman.... AM is a higher level bunch, so I'd say leave the CPU INTS at 50 or 45, lower user INT to 40..... maybe bump QB Acc and Pass Block up to 55 each....

9. Dru50

I already made a couple changes. We'll see how they play.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I only had 3 with the guy I controlled :)

11. Wyrmreaver

I usually only control them when I am player switching and diving at the QB..... I let the CPU rush and switch when I see a guy come through unblocked..... usually :)

12. Dru50

I'll be bumping CPU pass blocking 5-10 points in addition to the other changes made apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Honestly I have never had a game like that. My front 4 were insane.

14. Dru50

How bad was the OL ratings wise compared to your DL.

I swear the gameplay in NCAA this year is so poor....AA is like varsity in prior years and Heisman is ratings indifferent...nice balance EA.

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

LSU jumped out to an early 21-0 after "borrowing" Idaho's OC for a game. QB Clark got the nod over senior Rivers and took advantage of it. He ran for a TD and set up 2 McGee runs. UNC finally dame alive in the third. A TD run by Hayden with :34 seconds left started a comeback. One of Clark's few mistakes as an interception that set up another Tar Heel TD. Clark would respond with a 12 yard strike to Davenport to get the lead to 27-14 in the 4th. But UNC converted a couple of 4th down plays and got back into the endzone, cutting the lead to 27-21. They would also recover an onside, and the Tigers had a chance to lose this. But CB Sandolph would take an interception the other way for 6, ending any comeback.

#24 LSU 34 - UNC 21

16. Wyrmreaver

After a 3 year hiatus, Oklahoma and Mizzou renewed their old Big 12 rivalry when the #17 Tigers travelled to Norman to take on the #14 Sooners. In the first quarter the teams traded punts and then traded interceptions. Finally Mizzou got something going and Maty Mauk found DGB for a ten yard TD on the last play of the quarter. After a Sooners punt, Mizzou would again drive downfield, but Mauk would fumble on a scramble around the ten yard line! Ever the gracious hosts, Oklahoma would take a sack, then, facing second and long from the 3 would call a toss play right into a safety blitz by Bo Thomas for a safety! Mauk would find Kenan Fenner on the next possession for an 11 yard TD and a 16-0 lead. After 3 incompletions, the Tigers offense was back in business as Mauk would find DGB once again, this time for a 17 yard TD. After the Sooners again came out trying to throw the ball, Mizzou would get the ball again with time winding down in the half. DGB would make an acrobatic catch and then just run away from the D to get a 74 yard TD and close out the half with a 30-0 lead.

In the second half Mizzou used ball control and a lights out defense to close out the shutout win, 47-0.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  17. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Canes Win In Opener
    Defeat Southern Methodist 45-21

The Christian Smith era in Miami began with a win against scrappy SMU. Smith, a rSO QB out of Decatur AL, threw two first half touchdown passes as the Canes took the a 21-14 halftime lead. It would be the third quarter where the Miami defense would begin to dial in and play to its potential, allowing Miami to extend its lead to 35-14. After an SMU touchdown cut the lead again to 14, the Miami defense would put the game away on a 61 yard interception return by Nate Dortch. With the win, Miami can concentrate on a difficult early slate that includes a trip to Arkansas and a visit from Georgia.

Notable Stats
    QB Christian Smith - 22/30, 265 yards, 3 TD, INT
    HB Randy Johnson - 15 car, 94 yards, TD, long 38; 2 rec, 58 yards, TD, long 37
    WR Lamar Christensen - 6 rec, 67 yards, long 21
    MLB Raphael Kirby - 7 tack (4 solo), 2 TFL, sack
    CB Nate Dortch - 2 tack (2 solo), INT, TD

18. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hurricanes Stun Razorbacks, Pull Upset
    Come from behind to defeat defending National Champion Arkansas 24-21

Miami coaches felt confident going into the game against the defending National Champions Arkansas Razorbacks that they would be able to match up athletically with the Razorbacks. However, the hurdle that Miami coaches felt would need to be overcome in order for the Canes to have a chance at victory was turnovers. At the end of the day, despite making some mistakes, it would be Arkansas that would make the crucial turnovers in the game to allow the Miami squad at a chance at victory.

The first quarter of the game saw both teams control the ball what could be described as a "feeling out" process, but while Miami punted on their initial possession, the Razorbacks drove methodically down the field for a touchdown and a 7-0 lead. Michael Robbins, the All-American QB for the Razorbacks, masterfully mixed the run and the pass before taking it in himself from three yards out.

Now trailing, the Hurricanes nevertheless remained poised and committed to their plan. Though Arkansas would shut down the Canes' running game for the majority of the game, the short passing game flourished in its place. On the Canes second drive, QB Christian Smith would find WR Lamar Christensen from 10 yards out to tie the game at seven. The drive was highlighted by a fumble recovery by HB Randy Johnson, who in turn advanced the ball 30 yards. Had the home team recovered, Miami would have been facing a potential 14-0 hole from which it would have been tough to recover.

Even with the good fortune, the Canes had trouble stopping the Arkansas attack and would surrender a second touchdown just with over a minute from halftime. Robbins again would be involved, as this time he would find WR D'Arthur Crown for a 32 yard TD pass. The Canes, knowing that any points scored would be critical, were able to navigate down the field before settling for a 33 yard FG as time expired.

Despite making halftime adjustments, the second half started where the first left off for the Miami defense, with Michael Robbins again finding the endzone, this time on a two yard keeper. Now trailing 21-10, it appeared that the game was beginning to get away for the Canes. Yet, still calm, Smith marched the Canes down the field before making his one true mistake of the night. Smith's corner pass was intercepted by CB Cole Schroeder who appeared to have daylight to the endzone, and to a 28-10 Arkansas lead. However, Cole would be caught from behind by Christensen and the Razorbacks would then turn the ball over on the first play from scrimmage.

Miami would score a touchdown midway through the fourth quarter to close the gap to 21-16 though they would miss the 2 PT conversion attempt. Arkansas, looking to run down the clock and ice the game, took possession and quickly reached Miami territory. After gaining seven yards on first and second down in FG range, Arkansas would go for the win on 3rd and 3 and called a short passing play banking on Miami's defense selling out to stop the run. Instead of a first down or even a fourth down for the Razorbacks, Miami OLB Eddie Johnson intercepted Robbins' pass giving the Canes a chance to win the game.

Christian Smith would deliver as he drove the Miami offense 70 yards in the final two minutes of the game before hooking up with WR Lamar Christensen for an eight yard TD pass with a mere five seconds remaining. As the Miami sideline jumped up and down following the score, the Miami coaches feared a last second miracle for the Razorbacks and remained quiet until Robbins' last pass attempt was intercepted by SS Charles Smith to end the game.

whygodwhy1111, It was a good game all around. The first two Robbins' interceptions were really the reason I was in a position to win the game. Both times you were already in scoring territory and I was able to keep the score close. Obviously, the second had much larger implications as it allowed me drive for the win. The game seemed to go by pretty quick, but it was intense throughout (at least for me). I really had to be careful with my play selection and not force things.

Notable Stats
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    QB Michael Robbins - 9/13, 171 yards, TD, 3 INT; 14 car, 48 yards, 2 TD, long 17 QB Christian Smith - 26/35, 263 yards, 2 TD, INT
    HB Kody Walker - 5 car, 44 yards, long 18 HB Randy Johnson - 11 car, 32 yards, TD, long 12
    WR D'Arthur Crown - 1 rec, 32 yards, TD WR Lamar Christensen - 7 rec, 58 yards, 2 TD, long 16
    WR Keon Hatcher - 2 rec, 52 yards, long 45 WR Eddie Walker - 3 rec, 66 yards, long 44
    DE Kyle Roberts - 5 tack (2 solo), 2 TFL, 1.5 sack SS Charles Smith - 5 tack (2 solo), INT
    3rd Down: 3/5 3rd Down: 6/9

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

4th down pass to win It. Really came down to the wire gg.

Robbins made 3 bad passes. 2 turn turnovers and a failed 3rd down. All on my last 3 drive drives. I need to be more aggressive with a lead. Also I.need to start running the hurry up ,I need more possessions. 6 was not enough.

Hope to see you again in13week's

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I would look forward to it, but I don't think I can keep it up. I will likely lose to Georgia next week and fall behind in the division.

Limiting your possessions was something I wanted to do and it paid off. The first half you only had two, and scored two touchdowns. I didn't stop your offense at all until the third quarter and even then, it was still just barely. The unsung factor was that I was 6/9 converting third downs which helped limit your possessions.

21. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Welcome to the club Boom29 of the only ones to beat WGW (y)

22. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

And don't Lose to Georgia!

23. Dru50

Jayrah hates me.....

24. Dru50

Hell of a win Boom29. Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

On a side note... 12 sacks may be a user record but definately not a CPU record lol... i think i was sacked an AVERAGE of 12 times a game vs the CPU lol

• Like Like x 1