Season 4 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bondzai, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Ball St: 13
    Tennessee: 41

HB Tom Smith was too much for Ball St to handle. He ran for 200 yards and a couple tds to lead the Vols to their first victory.

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

ksu 42
    wsu 6

got off to a fast start scoring on my 1st drive then was stalled until about 3 min to go in the half when avalanche finally happened. scored on 3 big plays to go into half a 50 yd pass to moore, returned missed FG by FR Lee, and a int return by wisseman.

Did lose my top DE foe 10 weeks with a torn hamstring.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Missou - 35 (though it says 28 on the wire?)
    Syracuse - 14

Maty Mauk had an outstanding game, going 29/38 for 438 yards, 3 TD and 1 INT. Green-Beckham had 9 catches for 118 yards and a score. Rasheed Hall had a MONSTER catch and run where he just flat out blew up a defender on the way to the house. Alex Hawkins was the leading rusher for the Tigers, with 32 yards on 7 carries before getting a concussion right before half.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Arizona 21
    Ole Miss 3

I might not make a bowl game this year... This offense is absolutely terrible. My receivers couldn't get open, when they did they tended to drop it. The D played fairly well, keeping the no huddle offense of the Wildcats in check. But man, this offense is brutal. Jimmy Clark is probably getting benched if he plays anywhere near this bad next week. Threw 5 picks, lost 2 fumbles, and was sacked 5 times. My receivers combined for 4 drops. Just not a whole lot bounced our way this game. Gonna be a long year in Oxford it looks like.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Duke 51
    Kansas 48

My freshman Burton fumbles at the 1 yard line in overtime.... instead of winning we lose.....

[​IMG]

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Iowa State - 35
    Tulsa - 14

Welcome to the Dan Jackson show. He spread the ball around to 9 different guys caught balls and he really had a solid game running and throwing. Defensively, the ISU secondary really showed up as usual and gave Tulsa's offense fits.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Maryland - 31
    Missouri - 29

NCAA dials up a game you can't win. Guys warping through my receivers for interceptions, un-tacklable running backs, fumbles in critical situations and the every present freak show drive to win the game.

I hate playing the CPU. I would much rather play user games every week.

8. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Week 1
    Purdue 7 - South Carolina 24

Week 2
    LSU 17 - South Carolina 27

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Ole Miss 15
    Tennessee 14

Both defenses played incredibly well, and the first touchdown wasn't scored until the Vols got on the board with 17 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. We were able to put together a few solid drives before that, but couldn't finish them off and settled for 3 field goals early in the game. With the score at 9-7 Ole Miss, the Vols would come out and put together a nice drive, really pounding the rock well with Smith, and Peterman sprinkled in a couple of completions to keep the chains moving. Smith would finish the drive off with a 13 yard run to take a 14-9 lead with 1:19 left, which would turn out to be just enough time. A couple of completions and a big scramble from QB Jimmy Clark after he shrugged off a DE, then hung in the pocket a second longer before it broke down and he was able to get outside the tackle for a first down. A couple of plays later Clark would find true freshman Josh Brown between the safeties in a cover 2 look for the 29 yard score. The 2 point conversion was stuffed, and after a couple of long passes fell incomplete from Peterman (His only 2 incompletions of the game) time would expire and Ole Miss picks up their first win of the season. Hell of a game Bond.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Washington 31
    Ole Miss 13

Some key notes from the game that will sum it up perfectly:
    • Washington HB Brandon Brown 21 carries 204 yards 2 TD.
    • Ole Miss receivers - 5 drops.
    • Washington players - 7 broken tackles. 114 yards after contact.
    • We missed the extra point that luckily didn't matter.
    • 4 Fumbles by Ole Miss players, 3 lost, plus an interception.
    All around it was just an ugly game for the Rebels. This young team just can't seem to get anything going. Dropped passes, fumbles, lack of tackling ability. Just all around awful so far this season. We have a long ways to go to make a bowl this season.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I got fucked by the computer again. Now 1-3 on the season. I can't stop anyone, my guys can't tackle even the worst CPU players.

12. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Overpowering!

Kansas looks polished in a 34-3 win vs. #12 Wisconsin

I was nervous about this game getting alittle out of hand after my first two possesions went something like this... sack sack dropped int.... dropped int sack INTERCEPTION.... but my defense was rock solid... holding the badgers to only 3 points despite our terrible start offensively... and then Pierson took over... The Jayhawks offensive line started creating nice running lanes for Pierson and Odom... and they took advantage... The rushing attack slowed the pass rush considerably for Petey Burton and he began to carve up the Badger secondary. Huge win for Burton and the Jayhawks...

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

The Aggies were able to pull off a big win against #11 South Carolina in College Station last week on the shoulders of a very impressive passing game. Johnny Football was able to complete a number of passes with defenders in his face as the Gamecocks sent relentless blitz after blitz. The real brunt of the Aggies offense was great individual plays from a number of different WRs. Most of the passing yards were gained were YAC yardage including 20+ yards from WR Nick Graham to put the Aggies up for good after catching a short out route and cutting back across the field to eventually find the end zone. The rest of the highlights from the catches are in the wire.
    [​IMG]
    TE Javon Parsons hauls in a spectacular one-handed grab in the 1st quarter of the Aggies win over USC​
    The Aggies currently sit at 4-0 and travel to Louisiana next week but will then encounter the grunt of their tough schedule with LSU, Alabama, Missouri and Ole Miss.​

14. Flo308

Week 5
    South Carolina 13 - Auburn 37

Passing: Cooper- 9/15/125, 2 Ints (left game and out for 3 weeks)
    McEvoy- 9/21/107, 2 Ints (was just God awful)
    Rushing: Davis- 19/77, 2 TDs
    Receiving: Brent- 5/85
    Defense: DE Green- 6 Tackles, 5 Solo

Well it looks like we are in for a long season, with back to back losses now it does not look good for the Gamecocks. Coach Flo after the game, "we can't throw ball, can't play defense and with the loss of QB Cooper, we are just not a good football team".

15. Flo308

Week 6
    North Carolina 17 - South Carolina 24

Passing: McEvoy- 13/21/229, TD, int
    Rushing: Scruggs 8/36, 2 TDs (left game in the 2 quarter)
    Receiving: B. Scruggs: 5/89, TD
    Defense: Harris: 10 Tackles, 8 Solo

The Gamecocks take care of the Tar Heels with a goalie stop as time expires. North Carolina had 4 downs from inside the 10 and the Gamecocks defense comes up big with a 4th down sack. Offensively we lost our two top Running backs and finish game with Owens and does a great job.

Coach Flo after the game, "this was a much needed win, just to stop the bleeding".

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Can't recall the score, but I beat Hawaii last night.

Maty Mauk had a big game, throwing for three and rushing for two, but he also threw three more interceptions.

17. Flo308

Week 7
    Kentucky 0 - South Carolina 30

Passing: McEvoy- 11/17/201, 2 Td, Int
    Rushing: Scruggs- 25/101, Td
    Receiving: TE Brock- 2/98, Td
    Defense: Muldrow- 6 Tackles, 4 Solo, Sack

This had to be the best game South Carolina has played under Coach Flo. Offensively they protected the ball and were very efficient controlling the game with a good mix of run and pass. Scruggs did a great job running the ball and really pounded that Kentucky D.
    Defensively we dominated the game from the first defensive snap. We changed our gameplay as we were torched last year in Kentucky.
    Coach was asked what was the difference in the game, "we focused on what we had to do and remembered what happened last year".