Season 4 summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DC, Nov 16, 2010.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

We will be using this thread for all summaries this year!

2. ckamm1

ckamm1 Walk On

#8 Nebraska 42, #9 USC 28

Two late USC TD's made this one look closer than it was. Nebraska came out on fire jumping to a 21-0 lead. This proved to be huge as it limited ken10's ability to run the ball with star RB Ken Robinson. Huskers QB Taylor Martinez had a sparkling first career start going 21-24 for 344 yards and 3 td's to go along with 66 yards rushing and another score. DT Jeff Fox had a monster game to lead the defense, recording two sacks and a game changing INT.

The schedule does not get any easier for Nebraska as they face #1 Florida and #4 Ohio State next.

3. ken10

ken10 Walk On

Trojans fall to Cornhuskers in rematch of last season's Bowl Game

#9 USC Trojans 28 @ #8 Nebraska Cornhuskers 42

USC Trojan freshman quarterback Joe Jefferson won the starting job over junior Jesse Scroggins, but failed to lead the team to victory. The Trojans struggled on both sides of the ball as the Cornhuskers took an early lead and never looked back. The departure of last year's main contributors will continue to be a test for USC. Jefferson was 17 for 26 and threw for 268 yards and 2 touchdowns, but also made an errant pass for a game-changing interception. After the game, coach ken10 claimed that the starting quarterback job is again up for grabs, "Look, Joe is a young dude. Maybe he's not ready. What he shows in practice is amazing, but it's different during game day. And as for Jesse, well, he possesses Michael Vick-esque talent. We'll see how he does during the next three weeks."

4. alemic

alemic Walk On

lost by 3 to Texas hell of a game Paw wish you would of just walked into the endzone to at least give me a chance though lol

5. alemic

alemic Walk On

just before anybody says anything. I dont blame Paw for the play at the end of the game, I would of done it myself this loss just hurts after a 20-7 start to the game for Ohio State. 4th straight user game I've jumped out early on in the 1st but I just cant seem to put any of them away. A full recap will be coming later

6. MZizzle2

MZizzle2 Fresh Ta Def

Auburn @ Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Wisconson 9 South Carolina 21

Columbia- In a Very Tough Game the Badgers just wore down as the gamecocks stole the victory from the badgers as the Gamecocks forced 4 TO from the Badgers. 2 fumbles and 2 INT's. Real Story on this game was the Wisconson D as they had a Team-Season High of 6 Sacks in the Game. S.C. Started with a TD, Then Wis punted the ball deep and forced SC to start at the 2 yrd Line, Then a Safety made it 7-2 SC. Then SC then scored in the 2nd Half to go up 14-2. Then Wisconson scored to make it 14-9, and That is what the score was, Til Wisconson on a fantastic drive drove it down to the SC 20, Then on a pass play Wisconson's RB fumbled and SC recovered. Then with little time left in the game SC scored on a Lattimore run to close the game 21-9. Very Tough Game for the Badgers. Now they have a Week Off Before Going to Norman to Battle OU. CoachGrad's Record in Norman is 0-1, He Lost when he was Coach of FSU 21-12.

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Bama 49 Stanford 28

Alabama dominated this game. Holding Stanford to 14 points until about 5 minutes ledtnin the 4th when they went into ball control mode. We just physically dominated them. Trent Richardson had 170 yards rushing. And scored 5 TDs. He was the biggest part of our game! One down on our journey to the natty!

GG breezy!

9. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

[​IMG]

Texas beats Ohio State on smart and controversial play
    Coach Paw says it was "the smart play"

#14 Texas 45
    #4 Ohio State 42

Ohio State jumped out to a earlier 17-7 lead in the first quarter after 2 Connor Wood interceptions, and it looked like it would turn into a huge blow-out for the buckeyes.

"I was just trying to force everything. It was our first home game of the season and after last week's heart-breaking loss to Florida I wanted to come out and make a point passing. They did a good job capitialzing on my bad passes" - Connor Wood after the game.

Texas had 5 total turnovers in the first half.

In the second quarter, Ohio State kicked a field goal from 57 yards to make it 20-7 and I was face-palming hard as my star OLB went out of the game for 8 weeks. The next drive, Texas went on a very nice drive varying from pass to run and capped it off on a one yard Chris Whaley TD run to make it 20-14 and to give Texas a bit of hope. One bit of bad news was that TD run was the last run of the day for star HB Chris Whaley as he was injured for the rest of the game.

The next Ohio State drive, Texas managed to stop the dominating ground game and started their next drive on the 9 yard line. With 1:17 left in the second, Connor Wood hit Senior WR Darius White for a 91 yard touchdown pass to go up 21-20 at half time.

"It was amazing how these guys responded to going down early. I'm extremely proud of how they rebounded from that" - Coach Paw

The next half would be back and forth with Texas and Ohio State trading touchdown drives including a game tying touchdown and two point conversion for Ohio State with 1:26 left in the fourth quarter.

Here is where things got interesting. Texas got the ball back with 1:20 left and Connor Wood hit WR Monroe for a huge pass. The controversial part? Monroe could have EASILY scored but did the smart thing and stopped from running into the endzone and got tackled in-bounds on the two yard line. Ohio State coach was definitely flustered as he knew what Texas was doing. Texas QB Kneeled the ball right infront of the uprights and made Ohio State burn all three timeouts and kicked the game winning field goal with 13 seconds left.

"I felt it was the smartest play. I didn't want to play Ohio State in overtime. Jamaal Berry was eating our defense alive, and some of the passes Connor was making to match their touchdowns were definitely close. I wanted to end the game there" - Coach Paw

Notable Stats:

Texas: Connor Wood 22/31 485 yards 3TD 2INT (Great Rebound have a terrible...Terrible first quarter)

Ohio State: RB Jamaal Berry 27 carries 180yards 2TD

Good game, Alemic. Was definitely a fun one.

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

HAHAH epic game..wish i coulda watched it!

11. ThePaw

Yeah man it was an epic game. Alemic played really well. I got lucky coming back after that first quarter to win considering the way he was running the ball.

12. alemic

alemic Walk On

man it seriously was the game of the year. most fun ive had playing this game in a long time....

I had a complete post written up last night that was long as hell but the internet messed up and I don't feel like writing it again. Your summary does the trick lol..

The second quarter fieldgoals is what cost me the game, just couldnt punch the ball in and obviously it would of won me the game if i had

13. C_Breezy803

C_Breezy803 Walk On

[​IMG]Stanford 28[​IMG]
    Alabama 49
    Coach Breezy was completely dominated in his coaching debut versus #2 ranked Alabama. Stanford lost their starting running back, Anthony Wilkerson, in the first quarter and will be out 8 weeks. He ran for 20 yards on 3 attempts while the backup, Andrew Stutz only ran for 15 yards on 10 carries. Alabama on the other hand, had no problem with their star HB Trent Richardson who ran for 160 yards on 13 attempts. He also had 5 TDs. Alabama was pretty one dimensional on offense with QB McCarron being only 3 for 9 passing, but ended up with 115 yards. Stanford will be looking this week at its two quarterbacks to determine the starter against LSU. QB Robbie Picazo was 12 for 18 and had 152 and 1 TD while Brett Nottingham was 6 for 9 and had 140 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT.
    Player Stats
    Passing
    Alabama | AJ McCarron | 3-9 | 115 yds | 1 TD | 0 INT
    Stanford | Robbie Picazo | 12-18 | 152 yds | 1 TD | 0 INT
    Rushing
    Alabama | Trent Richardson | 13 car | 160 yds | 5 TD
    Stanford | Anthony Wilkerson | 3 car | 20 yds | 0 TD
    Receiving
    Alabama | Dustin Powell | 1 rec | 71 yds | 1 TD
    Stanford | Reggie Smith | 6 rec | 123 yds | 1 TD

14. titangator

titangator Walk On

Auburn pitches shutout on the road
    Auburn played a near perfect game on the road in Nashville Saturday to get their first win of the season in dominating fashion as the defeated the Vanderbilt Commodores 31 to 0. The defense held Vandy to just 173 yards of total offensse and held them to just 1 of 9 on 3rd down conversions, the defense also forced two turnovers. The Auburn offense looked impressive in its own right, putting up 359 yards of offense. The offense did however lose a key ingredient in starting quarterback Clint Moseley. Moseley broke his collarbone late in the second half and did not return, he is projected to be out 8-10 weeks. Sophomore Andrew Sledge stepped right in however, going 8 of 9 for 89 yards. The rushing attack will be leaned on to take the pressure off the young quarterback and they did so today. Senior tailback Michael Dyer had 21 carries for 101 yards and 3 touchdowns. Backups Drew Parks(freshman) and Garrett Smith had 9 carries for 40 yards and 3 carries for 29 yards respectively. Parks also added a touchdown.
    Up next for Auburn is Texas. The Longhorns and Coach Paw will come to Auburn boasting a 1-1 record and a thrilling come from behind win over the Ohio State Buckeyes.

15. MZizzle2

MZizzle2 Fresh Ta Def

Michigan @ Cincinnati
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. bamagrad

Wisconsin Beats #4 Ou-Redemption for CoachGrad.

Norman-The Badgers won in a very exciting game as the Badgers nixed the Sooners 21-20. It was Very Rainy and Wet as Both Teams Hit the Field. Ou started the game with by moving the ball with ease as the QB was hitting his recievers and it led to a TD for Ou and a 7-0 lead. Wisconsin then got there Offense going as they responded with a drive of mixing run and pass and it led to a TD pass as Wisconsin tied it 7-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. Then the 2nd quarter was a defense-fest as 1 td was scored as Ou's rb found the end zone and a 14-7 lead at the half for OU.

Wisconsin came out motivated and put a drive together as Wisconsin's QB found the end zone with his 2nd td pass of the game and the game was tied 14 all. Ou tried many times to put drives together but were turned away by the stingy defense of the Badgers. so as the 4th quarter started Wisconsin was putting a drive together. The 4th quarter started with Wisconsin continuing their drive and chewing up the clock and scored a Wisconsin Rb White ran it in from the 10 yrd line and a 21-14 Wisconsin Lead. Ou tried 2 other times to get drives together and punted. Then with under 2 min left Ou burned 2 TO trying to stop Wisconsin on Offense, Then the Badgers Tried to get the 1st down (with a pass) and failed and punted the ball back with 1:23 left in the game. Ou started a drive drove the ball down and got to the 3 yrd line. Ou tried to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down and failed to get in, Then Ou called for a pass and Ou's QB found a wide open reciever in the back of the end zone and the lead was trimmed to 21-20 with the xtra point to come. The Ou kicker missed to the right and Wisconsin still had the lead 21-20. Ou then tried the onside and recovered and the Stadium was rocking, But no one noticed the yellow hankey on the field as Ou was flagged for 1st touching (before the ball went 10 yrds) and the ball went back to the badgers. Then the Badgers ran out the clock to end the game.

CoachGrad was very happy as he gets redemption with this win, as his FSU squad failed last season 21-12. "Our players never gave up the entire game and when things looked bleak on the last td by the sooners, but the missed xtra point was a surprise. I feel that alot of great things are gonna come from this team and the never say die attitude is what we need specially heading into the conference schedule".

Despite 3 To's in the game none were on fumbles.

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

@bamagrad

That sounds like an awesome game!!

18. bamagrad

it was and this team deserved it. now to rest up for the big blue of Michigan. and i finished this game after 2 am.

19. ThePaw

Texas-17
    Auburn-9

The first low scoring affair of Texas' season. Both coaches were distracted (I needed to hurry the game up as I had to go, an titan had things that were distracting him as well) an it turned into be a defensive ball game. Both teams were great on the ground an grinding it out, Auburn had a lot of success running to the outside like Ohio State had last week. Texas had more success inbetween the tackles. The deference was that Auburn gave up on the ground after getting down and could never really establish anything in the air. Auburn had a chance to tie the game but on the last play was intercepted in the endzone. Texas has now established they can throw the ball with ease (against Ohio State) and run it (Against Auburn) and we also had a great chance at defeating Florida. The main thing that determines how this season is playing out is the turnovers by Connor Wood.

Great game Titan. Was a fun ball game even though we were both distracted.

20. titangator

titangator Walk On

Auburn improved to 2-2 on the season, but more importantly 2-0 in SEC play with a win over the Tennessee Volunteers. "Dropping two games early in the season is never fun, but we all have to remember what our goal was at the beginning of the season... we set 5 goals. 1. Make a bowl game 2. Win the SEC West 3 Win the SEC championship 4. Make BCS bowl game 5. Win the national championship... and by my count, 4 of those 5 are definitely still within reach," said Coach Hickerson following the victory.

21. ken10

ken10 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Washington Huskies - 7

@

[​IMG]
    #20 USC Trojans - 40

After losing a close game in overtime to the #2 Oregon Ducks, USC Trojans head coach ken10 promised his team would respond in a big way. This week, the Trojans did just that against the Washington Huskies. With starting freshman quarterback out for two weeks, Jesse “The Next Vick” Scroggins stepped in, passed for 131 yards, 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. He also accumulated 94 yards and a single touchdown on six runs. Running back Ken Robinson, who was shut down last week by the Ducks, broke for 134 and 2 touchdowns on the ground with two catches for 30 yards and a receiving touchdown. The Trojans defense also seemed to be more alert, as they allowed only one touchdown from the Huskies. Next week, the Trojans will face off against the Arizona Wildcats in what seems to be another tune-up game.

22. MZizzle2

MZizzle2 Fresh Ta Def

Dominating performance ken.

23. MZizzle2

MZizzle2 Fresh Ta Def

Michigan @ Michigan State
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]