Season 4 Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by recchem2000, May 6, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Blah Blah Blah

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

14[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]21

Pasadena, California.

UCLA wins an ugly "Kickoff Classic" at home against the Army Black Knights, 21-14. Early season jitters were apparent in this one folks as both teams turned the ball over 3 times on the day. Army was held to just 69 total yards of offense but still lead the game up until one minute left in the fourth quarter. UCLA was trailing 14-13 with time ticking away. 3rd and goal from the one and HB Jordan James plunged across the goal line for the go ahead score. The Bruins would tack on the 2 point conversion to make it a 7 point lead.

Army had 59 seconds left to try and score the game tying touchdown. However Hiesman hopeful QB Gino DeBartolo threw his third interception of the game on the very first play. UCLA would knee out the clock and call it a day. Good game Wyrmreaver Like I said in our text convo, im sure once you get the spread figured out you will start rolling again! Good luck the rest of the season!

Player Stats
    Army QB Gino DeBartolo 2/8 17 Yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, 5 Carries, 26 Yards
    UCLA QB Brett Hundley 14/23 197 Yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's

Army HB Raymond Maples 3 Carries, 0 Yards
    UCLA HB Jordan James 21 Carries, 76 Yards, 2 TD's

Army TE Anthony Stephens 1 Catch, 10 Yards
    UCLA TE John Young 4 Catches, 73 Yards

Army MLB Ross McDonald 10 Tackles, 6 Solo, 4 TFL
    UCLA SS Taz Stevenson 6 Tackles, 4 Solo, 1 TFL

3. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#4 USC 55
    #1 Bama 34

This game was full of offense and USC's offense couldn't be stopped after the first drive ended with a Jesse Scroggins interception. Alabama also had a great offense, but Phillip Sims did throw 4 interceptions, which was the main reason the #1 team fell in Pasadena. A 54-yard Alabama TD pass with 1:06 left in the 2nd quarter cut USC's lead down to 24-20, but USC still had a lot left for the rest of the 2nd half. USC scored in 2 plays with a long TD pass to Farmer, and was able to intercept an Alabama pass to get within FG range. With 0:09 left on 3rd and goal with no timeouts, USC gave Scroggins the trust to run for a score and he did, giving USC a 38-24 halftime lead. Each time Alabama put in a scoring drive in the 2nd half, USC answered on the next possession and exited with a convincing 21-point victory. The best stat for USC was that Scroggins attempted 50 passes and was not sacked one time, something that a Kapono coached team has never done with the spread.

Jesse Scroggins (QB)- 34-50 for 464 yards, 5 TD, INT, 13 carries for 66 yards, TD
    Andrew Smith (HB)- 17 carries for 52 yards, 7 receptions for 68 yards
    Kyle Prater (WR)- 8 receptions for 153 yards
    George Farmer (WR)- 5 receptions for 109 yards, TD
    Victor Blackwell (WR)- 4 receptions for 32 yards, 2 TD
    Ricky White (MLB)- 16 tackles, 5 TFL, INT
    Jim Lacey (CB)- 4 tackles, 2 INT

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

GG recchem... even though i only managed 2 first downs, i still felt like, at 14-13 with the ball in the fourth i would win. I also thought at 10-0 when i took that kick 103 yards "here we go, i got him now" but i didnt have you. Only twice in NCAA12 have i been held to less than 100 yards offense. Last time i completely scrapped my O. I wont do that this time, i felt like i had some opportunities but made bad reads on whether to hand off or not on the first read. In any case, you shut me down so congrats, good luck the rest of the way.

5. Wyrmreaver

Army 30, Ole Miss 7

I wouldn't say it was easy, but the Black Knights D stepped up and had a great game for the second time in a row. Ole miss managed only 2 of 13 on 3rd down as the Army offense again struggled. QB Gino DeBartolo bounced back after his poor showing against UCLA, completing 10-13 for 200 yards and a TD while running for 2 more against the Rebels. The biggest concern for the Army offense is the offensive line. This unit was expected to have problems and they gave up 5 sacks to Ole Miss, which is an embarrasing number considering how little Army attempts to throw the ball.

The road doesn't get any easier for coach Wyrmreaver as he takes his club up to Boise to face the #19 Broncos on the Smurf Turf.

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Indian Wars: Illini Tomahauk Seminoles at Doak

Illinois 35
    Florida State 14

After a meager 7-6 finish to last year, Illinois was looking to make a splash to start off the 2014 season. A win at Doak Campbell Memorial against Florida State would fit the bill perfectly.

Coach Cheez seemed as determined as ever to pound the rock against the Florida State defense. Young, in his first career start would carry the bulk of the load, gaining 125 yards on 26 carries before injuring his hamstring in the fourth quarter. Young was not the only big position making his first start for Illinois, however. Chase Haslett would need to have to make big plays in order to survive the tough road crowd.

Following an Illini feild goal, Florida State would race down the field with big run after big run. With under a minute remaining in the first, Wilder would get on the board with a 19 yard run. Down 7-3, Illinois would frustrate the Doakies with a long, excruicatingly slow drive down the field. The drive would go 18 plays, and would have gone more had Chase Haslett not connect with Carlos Everett from 18 yards out. Florida State still had a little over 2 minutes left in the half to score, but before FSU could get into fg range Trickett would throw a pick on a deep route down the sidelines.

The Seminoles would get the ball back after the break, only this time they would not squander the opportunity. Florida State once again had their way with the Illinois defense en route to a second touchdown. However, that would be the last offense that Florida State would muster. 3 plays after FSU's touchdown, Illinois would strike back with a 95 yard TD pass from Haslett to Harris. That would take the wind out of the Seminoles sails, and Illinois would cruise the rest of the way.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Week 2

Boilermakers Edge South Florida 19-14

Though the Boilermakers controlled most of the action, the South Florida Bulls took a 14-10 lead late in the third quarter on the strength of a second long TD pass. The long pass seemed to be the only offense for the Bulls as they were unable to move the ball otherwise. The Boilermaker offense appeared equally rusty throughout, especially the offensive line, as QB Sean Robinson was sacked seven times in the rainy afternoon. The sacks contributed to the offense's difficulty in sustaining drives.

After cutting the lead to 14-13 midway through the fourth, the Boilermaker offense would muster one final drive and drive the length of the field to score the go-ahead touchdown with 26 seconds remaining in the game. The defense would put the Bulls down for good by sacking the quarterback on fourth down to end the game.

Notable Stats
    QB Sean Robinson - 12/27, 136 yards
    HB Reggie Pegram - 16 car, 98 yards, TD, long 13
    HB Aaron Covington - 10 car, 60 yards, TD, long 10
    DT Ryan Isaac - 6 tack, 4 sack
    CB Lawrence Robinson - tack, sack, INT.

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Boilermakers Ride Momentum Wave to Victory
    defeat UCLA 44-7

What was expected to be a close game between two up-and-coming programs turned into a one-sided affair as the Purdue Boilermakers scored 31 unanswered first half points to take 31-7 halftime lead en route to a 44-7 defeat of the Bruins.

Things didn't look good initially for the Boilermakers as they punted after a three-and-out on their opening drive, which was followed by a UCLA touchdown to take a quick 7-0 lead. However, this would be the time that the Boilermakers would punt and that UCLA would score.

On the following Purdue possession, QB Sean Robinson found WR Craig Munoz for a 22 yard TD to give the Boilermakers a 14-7 lead. UCLA would attempt to respond, but QB Brett Hundley's pass would be intercepted by CB Chaz Mayes and returned 31 yards for the touchdown. The interception would not be the last for Hundley as he would find complete almost as many passes to Purdue defenders as he did to his own receivers (4 to 5).

The Boilermakers would add 17 second quarter points aided by UCLA interceptions. First, HB Reggie Pegram would find the end zone on a 53 yard TD run in which he broke through the right side of the defensive line untouched. Then, with under a minute in the half, WR Bryant Mosley would take a perfectly executed WR middle screen 12 yards for the touchdown.

UCLA would be unable to get on track in the third quarter, allowing Purdue to add 10 more points to bring the score to 41-7 at the end of three.

recchem2000, Like I mentioned, I thought I'd be in for a long game after the initial two series of the game, but I just couldn't do anything wrong after that. Good game tough, I always look forward to our games.

Notable Stats
    Purdue UCLA
    QB Sean Robinson - 14/17, 219 yards, 3 TD QB Brett Hundley - 5/18, 56 yards, 4 INT
    HB Reggie Pegram - 15 car, 144 yards, TD, long 53 HB Jordon James - 12 car, 40 yards, TD, long 21
    WR Bryant Mosley - 4 rec, 61 yards, TD, long 33 TE John Young - 3 rec, 44 yards, long 16
    WR Craig Munoz - 2 rec, 27 yards, 2 TD, long 22 OLB Aramide Olaniyan - 9 tack (8 solo), 3 TFL
    OLB Jawara Wright - 6 tack (2 solo), sack, FF, INT Total Offense - 110 yards (56 pass, 54 rush)
    CB Chaz Mayes - INT, TD Third Down - 3/12

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Boom29
    Good game man. You dominated my Bruins in this one. After my initial drive I couldnt do anything but throw picks. It was a bit comical at one point. But hats off to you! You out played me in every way in this one. Good luck against those other chumps in the B1G!!!

10. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Minnesota 34
    Arkansas 41

In what can be described as a disappointing return for the Minnesota Coach after his long layoff, the Gophers fell short against the Razorbacks. Because of my absence the secondary is basically shit, they cannot cover anyone. Which was very observant after the third Razorback offensive play when their QB threw a deep ball and the Gopher's CB got well behind and couldn't make the play. This was consistent throughout the game as the Razorbacks consistently threw to wide open receivers.

What was nice to see was that my former players hadn't left. The Gophers' QB was still the same, the Juice, OJ Simpson, and Andy Francis, a player I recruited were still carrying the ball for the Gophers. Simpson and Francis played a heck of a game for the Gophers rushing for over 100 yards a piece and scoring I believe 4 touchdowns total. The Gophers' rushing attack brought the Gophers back from a seemingly insurmountable 34-10 deficit in the third quarter to a 34-27 deficit with about five minutes to go in the game, and then the unbelievable play happened. The Razorbacks return man fumbled the kick an upman picked the ball up and ran it for the score making it 41-27. The Gophers were able to a touchdown making the score 41-34, but couldn't get the necessary stops on defense to get the ball back.

11. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG]
    Army trounces Boise on the Smurf Turf 52-7!

Army attempted an uncharacteristic 23 passes on their way to a blowout. One of the most telling stats in this game was Army's 10/14 on 3rd downs next to Boise going just 1/9. Army's defense was suffocating all game, holding the Broncos to just 134 yards of total offense while forcing 4 turnovers and recording 9 sacks. The only real bad news on the day for the Black Knights was an injury to starting QB Gino DeBartolo. DeBartolo was a preseason heisman contender but has been inconsistent over the first 3 games. He threw 3 INTs in this one while also running for 2 TDs. The injury was to his non throwing hand and he is listed as questionable for next weeks game against Texas. Backup QB Avery Coleman threw two TDs and was efficient, but he is nowhere near the athlete that DeBartolo is and if the team has to rely on Coleman they will be doing it with a stripped down playbook.

12. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Purdue Survives Minnesota
    defeats Golden Gophers 38-35

The Purdue offense had its way with the Minnesota defense to the tune of 517 yards of total offense. However, four turnovers, including three returned for touchdown by the Minnesota defense, kept the Gophers in the game, giving them a chance to steal victory late in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately for the Gophers, their offense would be unable to put a drive together following the go-ahead FG by Purdue’s Stephen Reid.

Purdue opened the game with a steady drive that resulted in a 26 yard TD pass from QB Sean Robinson to WR Bryant Mosley. After an unsuccessful offensive possession for the Gophers, Purdue drove again into Minnesota territory, but a Robinson pass to the flat would be intercepted by FS Lynn Burch and returned 74 yards for the tying score. Robinson had noticed the safeties creep up and correctly read the blitz, however, the pass was thrown behind the intended receiver.

On the next Purdue possession, with the Boilermaker coaching staff expecting the Gopher’s coach to try to blitz Robinson again, Coach Boom called a play in which the inside receiver ran a streak and surely enough WR Shane Mikesky was on his way to the end zone on a 68 yard TD pass. Minnesota’s offense would finally get into the action as OJ Simpson took a carry 58 yards for the TD on a well-executed counter. Knowing that the Gophers would get the ball to start the second half, the Boilermaker methodically drove the length of the field, scoring a touchdown with a mere 41 seconds left to take a 21-14 lead into halftime.

The second half began with a quick punt by Minnesota, giving the Boilermakers a change to open up the game and take a two touchdown lead. Yet, it was the Minnesota defense that would step up again as sack of Robinson would result in a 30 yard fumble return for a touchdown. Undeterred, the Purdue offense continued to chug along, scoring their fourth touchdown of the day minutes later to take a 28-21 lead. After another Minnesota punt, Purdue would again attempt to increase their lead, but Robinson would be picked for the second time in the game, and the second INT returned for a touchdown to take both teams into the fourth quarter tied at 28.

The last quarter would be intense as both offenses were unable to move the ball in the early going. A third interception by the Gophers defense early in the quarter, gave Minnesota a change to take the lead for the first time in the game, but the Purdue defense would push back. On the ensuring Purdue possession, Robinson would find TE Marvin Arrington for an 80 yard TD off of play-action. The Golden Gophers wouldn’t go away as QB Tom Parish hit WR Devon Crawford-Tuft on a WR middle screen for 66 yards and the TD to tie the game at 35. The Boilermakers, not wanting to give Minnesota much time on the clock in case they scored or punted, churned the clock down before settling on a 37 yard field goal.

gowazzucougs, really good game! Every time I felt that I was about to open up the lead, you came up with big plays. When my QB threw the INT early in the fourth quarter, I thought you’d surely take the lead and go on to win the game.

Interesting stats from the game:

- Purdue never led by more than seven points, however, Minnesota never led
    - The teams were tied at 7-7, 14-14, 21-21, 28-28, 35-35
    - All Minnesota touchdowns were longer than 30 yards (74, 58, 30, 35, 66)
    - Purdue won despite a -3 turnover differential
    - The Minnesota coach was overheard saying after the game that his “d-line sucks”

Notable Stats
    Minnesota Purdue
    QB Tom Parish – 10/15, 178 yards, TD QB Sean Robinson – 15/23, 307 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT
    HB OJ Simpson – 11 car, 104 yards, TD, long 58 HB Reggie Pegram – 11 car, 101 yards, long 40
    WR Devon Crawford-Tuft – 2 rec, 84 yards, TD, long 66 TE Marvin Arrington – 3 rec, 88 yards, TD, long 80
    OLB Mickey McCormick – 5 tack, sack, FF WR Bryant Mosley – 3 rec, 50 yards, TD, long 26
    FS Lynn Burch – 3 tack, INT, TD DT Michael Rouse – 3 tack, sack, FF

13. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Boom29

My defensive line does suck. When you don't recruit for two seasons, odds are the team isn't going to be very good. My line cannot get any pressure.

14. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Two years without recruiting is definitely tough. I have enough trouble getting quality linemen to come as is.

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 17
    Washington - 56

I don't know how to play this game anymore. I could little against the Huskies while they did whatever they wanted. I may not win another game this season but at least I beat Army ;)

16. Wyrmreaver

Army's 20 point 4th quarter puts away Texas 34-17!

The black knights struggled to move the ball against an athletic Texas team but the Black knights defense would come up big. Safety T. Baker would start things off, scooping up a loose ball after a big hit to the Longhorns QB and going 84 yards the other way for the first score of the ballgame. Texas came back and took a 17-14 lead into the half and hen the 4th. After both team's defenses continued to make stops, Army's offense finally found just a bit of life and freshman kicker Starks would connect from 54 yards out to tie the game with 2:09 left. Texas qb Swoopes would then throw a terrible pass in the flats that the CB would pick off and take the other way for a 7 point Army lead after another stop Army woyld get anothr FG to extend the lead to 10 with less than a minute left. Another int return in desperation time would seal the deal and give the vame its final score.

Notable news is that the #2 WR for Army, Jon Crucitti, also a frequent jet ballcarrier, suffered a broken tailbone and will miss approx 11 weeks.

17. Wyrmreaver

Army drops Minnesota 37-0!

The Black knights rushing attack and defense were in top form but the biggest news in this game was the broken wrist that Army QB Gino DeBatolo suffered in the first half. Gino is likely to miss the next 6 weeks including key games against LSU, Miami, Notre Dame and Air Force. Bad news for the Black Knights despite the big win.

18. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Boilermakers Derailed
    fall to Notre Dame 38-30

After taking an 3-0 lead, the Purdue Boilermakers found themselves playing catch-up against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Whenever Purdue would score to pull within a point, Notre Dame answered with a big play of their own, to extend the lead once again. In the end, the Boilermakers were unable to drive the length of the field to tie the game, ending their dreams of an undefeated season with a 38-30 loss. The Boilermakers now shift their focus to Big Ten play as they have aspirations of a Conference Championship.

Key Stat – The only offensive touchdown for the Boilermakers came with 3:49 left to play in the fourth quarter. The Purdue offense was inefficient throughout the game, settling for three FGs (42, 43, 30) inside Notre Dame territory.

19. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Purdue Rebounds Against #5 Hawkeyes
    leave Kinnick Stadium with 35-14 win

The game plan for the Boilermakers coming into the game was to jump on the Hawkeyes early, after failing to do so the previous week, and responded by taking a commanding 21-0 lead late in the second half. The offense fluidly mixed the run and the pass on the three touchdown drives, befuddling the Iowa defense and taking the raucous crowd out of the equation. The Hawkeyes however, would score with 19 seconds remaining in the half to close the gap to 21-7 and take some momentum into the second half.

Though the Iowa QB was unimpressive throwing the ball, his ability to scramble began to cause problems for the Purdue defense in the third quarter, leading to another score and a narrowing lead for the Boilermakers at 21-14. The Hawkeyes appeared to be on their way to erase the 21 point deficit as they intercepted QB Sean Robinson deep in Purdue territory and entered the fourth quarter inside the five yard line. Yet, it would be the Purdue defense that would come up with the biggest play of the game, as CB Ryan Bonner intercepted a pass to the corner of the end zone and returned it 106 yards for the touchdown, giving the Boilermakers a 28-14 lead.

The interception demoralized the Hawkeyes as they quickly went three-and-out and were forced to punt. Purdue would then put the game away on a 13 yard TD run with under three minutes left to play, thereby making sure that no late-game heroics would be needed this time.

Notable Stats
    QB Sean Robinson – 8/13, 124 yards, TD, 2 INT
    HB Reggie Pegram – 19 car, 142 yards, TD, long 40
    WR Joe Jackson – 2 rec, 31 yards, TD, long 22
    SS Peter Richardson – 6 tack, INT, FF
    CB Ryan Bonner – INT, TD

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Purdue Handles Bearcats
    Defeat Cincinnati 41-23

In what many outsiders considered a trap game for Purdue, the Boilermakers came out firing to the tune of 35 first half points, and a 19 point lead. The Boilermakers opened up a 14 point lead on the strength of an 11 yard TD run by HB Aaron Convington and a 20 yard fumble return by OLB Mike Lee. The offense, again running on all cylinders, saw QB Sean Robinson throw three first half TD passes (59,16,63) as the Boilermaker offense did not punt in the first half.

To the Bearcats’ credit, they managed to stay in the game despite the first half offensive explosion by Purdue and appeared to be ready to make to make the Boilermakers sweat after they returned an interception 67 yards for a touchdown, cutting the lead to 35-23. Nevertheless, the Bearcat offense was unable to get on track in the second half, allowing Purdue to extend the lead to 41-23 with two field goals. The Bearcats also failed to convert red zone opportunities into touchdowns as the Purdue defense held them to field goals of 21 and 29 yards in the second quarter.

Notable Stats
    QB Sean Robinson – 15/28, 213 yards, 3 TD, INT
    HB Reggie Pegram – 20, 124 yards, long 34; 3 rec, 62 yards, TD, long 63
    HB Aaron Covington – 11 car, 100 yards, TD, long 23
    WR Bryant Mosley – 3 rec, 76 yards, TD, long 59
    CB Taylor Richards – 3 tack, sack, FF, 2 INT

21. Wyrmreaver

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Army crushes LSU in Baton Rouge with a late game push!

After the Minnesota contest, team trainers thought that Army QB Gino DeBartolo had broken a bone in his non throwing hand, but once they got back to West Point it turned out to be just a bad bruise allowing Gino to make the start against the top ranked Tigers. DeBartolo didn't waste any time as he scored from 62 yards out on an option keeper to open the scoring in this one. After a long TD pass LSU held a 10-7 lead in the second quarter, but Army would answer with their second TD to take a 14-10 lead into halftime. The Black Knights added a field goal early in the third before another LSU TD pass evened things up at 17-17. DeBartolo struck again with 1:07 left int he 3rd as he made the right read on a read option, slipped through the line, got a couple key blocks and just outran the secondary for a 57 yard TD and a 24-17 lead. DeBartolo's second TD run of the game galvanized the Black Knights offense and they scored on a 55 yard TD run from Raymond Maples, a 72 yard TD run from Greg Rabb and, finally, on a 7 yard TD pass from DeBartolo to WR Robert Larson with a little over 3:00 to play. That TD gave the game it's final margin and signaled the time for Army to put in the second team.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This was my message to Cheez last night after losing to Utah - Fuck this game!!!!

I was up 21 points in the 2nd half and managed to do nothing to score more points or to stop Utah. Ended up losing 45-35 at home. Ugh, back to the drawing board!

23. Wyrmreaver

I don't know how to help you..... My wife is out of town for like 6 weeks starting June 15...... I'd be happy to do some unranked games where we can just focus on reading the CPU defense and stuff.... especially after '13 drops because I'll need the practice with it too!

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not worried about NCAA 12 at this point but when 13 drops Im hoping to get my shit back together. But yeah when 13 drops we can mess around with it late night and hopefully that will help us both.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wyrmreaver

My Wife is from Cali (we live in Spokane, WA) and she takes the kids and goes down there..... I will be home alone until the first week of august, so I'll have tons of time, aside from work.