Season 4 Team Previews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Nov 17, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Season 4 Team Previews

Give some info about your team this season.

Key Players Offense (Overalls, notable ratings)

Key Players Defense (Overalls, notable ratings)

Season outlook

Record Prediction​

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Coming off back-to-back ACC Championships, the Miami Hurricanes are looking for the elusive threepeat. Gone is the NCAA's single season rushing record holder, Lamar Miller. In his place steps Storm Johnson (fitting name for a Cane). Miami is going to have to lean on him and Mackey award winner, Brian Arney, as the WR's look every bit their age coming into the season.

On the defensive side of the ball, Miami lost the starting front 4, as well as their starting MLB. Making up for that, though, is the return of 3 of the 4 starters from the secondary, as well as a fresh influx of talent that seems to keep the Miami D from not missing a beat from last year's team. Leading the way is Senior FS Jamal Reid. Reid thought about going pro after last season, but decided to improve his draft status by coming back for a final year.

Special teams looks to be a tremendous hole for this squad. The squad will be relying on a walk-on punter to fill the punting and kicking duties, as the walk-on kicker appears to be better suited for doing the laundry than hitting the field. This may work out well, though, as we've already seen the walk-on punter kick no less than a 30 yard FG and hook up a 30 yard punt!

Miami will be tested early this year with a week 2 game at Ole Miss and then opening the ACC with nemesis Virginia. Joining the Miami ACC schedule this year is Wake Forest, who will be visiting the welcoming warm weather (check out that alliteration, literary folks!) week 12.

Miami is predicted by many to win not only the ACC Coastal Division, but also the ACC for the third year in a row. Coach Parrothead seems to think a 9-3 regular season seems to be more likely. "There's just too much youth on this team right now. Heck, we're starting a true sophomore at QB. Granted, he was our starter last year, too, but the learning curve at this level is still pretty steep, and he looks like the training wheels are about to blow out at times and cause a tremendous catastophe. We'll see how our youth handles the first 3 games. That will be the benchmark for the rest of our season."

3. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Sr QB Aaron Murray (96 OVR, 90 THP, 96 THA)
    Jr HB Ken Malcome (88 OVR, 93 SPD, 96 ACC)
    Jr HB T.J. Rucker (88 OVR, 90 SPD, 82 STR)

Sr DT Kwame Geathers (92 OVR, 71 SPD, 87 STR, 95 PMV, 97 BSH)
    So CB Eric Coleman (88 OVR, 97 SPD, 95 MCV, 94 ZCV)
    Jr DE T.J. Stripling (85 OVR, 92 SPD, 90 FMV, 89 BSH)

Season outlook
    Coming off back to back National Titles, the Georgia program is in great shape. We lost a lot of talent on offense from last year, top 2 HBs, top 3 WRs, top TE. Some of which were All-Americans. We now shift to a younger group at the skill positions. However we still have the nation's best QB Aaron Murray running the show. Coming off his 55 TD season last year he's poised to be one of the top Heisman candidates after coming in 2nd last season. This season's offense will be making a shift to a more run first approach. Even though the Bulldogs were very balanced on offense (nearly 50/50 pass and run ratio) we passed first. Given that we have unproven players at WR we will try to take some pressure off them and allow our two backs to wear down opposing defenses. We will have a new weapon at WR in freshman Chris Miller who possess A.J. Green size and speed.

Defensively we return 6 starters, all of which were in the front 7. This is the strength of the Georgia defense as these guys are relentless rushing the passer. We are also 2 deep at every position in the front 7, so expect to see a lot of these guys on the field to keep everyone fresh. The Bulldogs also have a couple talented underclassmen in the secondary in So CB Eric Coleman and RS Fr SS Jonathan Silva. This team forced a ton of turnovers and led the nation in sacks last season. It should be more of the same in this season.

We have a tough schedule this year with 5 user games. The SEC continues to improve talent wise so we will be fighting hard to repeat as SEC Champions. It will be a little tougher this year with our younger team and lost of talent.

Record Prediction
    11-1, I think someone will trip me up this season. However watch out next season, this team will be ridiculous once again.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
  5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Auburn Looks To Bounce Back From 3-9 Season

The Auburn Tigers look to turn things around for Coach York as he has endured some bad luck in the last two years. The team returns alot of true freshman and sophomores who either started or played significant minutes last year because of injurys. Coach York had this to say "We are looking at taking it one game at a time. We want to get to a bowl this year we have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball especially on the offensive side. We return RS JR RB Michael Dyer who has rushed for over 1500 yards in his 1st two years. RS JR QB Philip Sims (who transfered from Alabama) sat out last year but brings a big arm to the field we also have RS JR WR Jeremy Richardson back who brings his height and speed to the field. On D we will be lead by RS SR DE Nosa Egua who led the team in sacks and RS SR Def Captain Jessel Curry who in his SO season was an All American. Richard Jenkins who led the team in INT as a Freshman looks to build off his time on the field to become a more well rounded player.".

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Season 4 Team Previews

Give some info about your team this season.​
    My team is effing terrible this season. Was a B+ overall last season and dropped all the way down to a C+ should be a rough going as I'm starting a true freshman QB who might give way to a scrub Juco JR on the road becasue EA seems to kill Freshmen QB's on the road. I've only got 8 seniors so hopefully next season things take a step forward as I have no chance of competing with the LSU's, Georgias and Flordias of the world this season.​

Key Players Offense (Overalls, notable ratings)​

Key Players Defense (Overalls, notable ratings)​

Season outlook: I think I'll lose 3 games for sure. Maybe more. LSU, Florida, & Miami are losses. Auburn should be a toss up game. Who knows how things play out though as I needed a miracle to beat Oregon in week 1.​

Record Prediction: 10-3​

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Go ahead and throw yourself on auto-pilot, then. I'll take it easy on your team. ;)

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Oh don't worry I'll still be giving it the ole college try but I was a B+ last season and narrowly escaped with a win. This year as a C+ I'd imagine I don't have much of a chance.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

So. QB Dusty Perry 90 OVR 99THP​

He's back with the same cannon of an arm and mobile legs, and Coach Max has been working closely with Dusty on his accuracy this offseason.​

"We're shooting for over 60% on the season" -Coach Max​

The entire defensive unit will have to step their game up if they plan on matching the same level of speed and intensity Florida has had on that side of the ball for the last 2 years.​

Season Outlook

Florida fans should be optimistic about this year. QB Dusty Perry should be even better than last year (just cross your fingers about the whole Sophomore slump thing) with a squad of WRs to throw to that all have game-breaking speed. RB Mack Brown has put on a little weight, and looks like he will be able to carry most of the load. UF does have a beast of burden on the roster though. So HB Tony Bell, who is a load between the tackles, could easily be the starter for Florida and handle the majority of snaps should Brown prove too fragile.​

If there is a soft spot on their D it'd have to be at LB. The Gators have had some very talented LBs for the past 2 years though, and it would be hard for anyone to match their production so that may magnify the drop-off in talent.​

Record Prediction

UF has a tough schedule with a lot of user games. I dont care what UF's record is this season I just want to win the SEC(East).​

10-2​

10. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

[​IMG]

Sr. LT J K Jay (94 OVR) Excellent pass blocking
    Sr WR Martavis Bryant (87 OVR, 93 SPD, 98 ACC) Deep threat
    Sr QB Tajh Boyd (86 OVR, 90 SPD, 98 ACC 94 THP)

Jr DT Tavaris Barnes (86 OVR, 87 STR, 86 PMV, 84 BSH)

Season outlook
    Being the new coach in the ACC for the Clemson Tigers I am still learning my players. I've researched and see that we are a good team, but no where near being great at this point. Having a relatively poor WR core and a very young defense will be a challenge this year against so many competitive coaches. However, with intelligent football w hope to start off my tenure with a nice bowl bid.

Recruiting will be of the utmost importance for the next two years or this team could lapse into mediocrity amongst great recruiting coaches. It will be a fun year though, and looking forward to getting the Gyrene/Clemson dynasty started.

Record Prediction
    9-3

11. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Virginia Cavs!!!
    This years team will look to continue the upward trend while also breaking a bad one as well. Virgina in the first season won 11 games in season 1, 10 on season 2, and 9 in season 3. These youngsters look continue building the program to where it needs to be. A far way off, but the Cavs are taking baby steps. What they need to stop though, is the trend of winning one less game each season. The Cavs again, could be considered a very very young team with only 12 seniors leading the way.

Key Players Offense (Overalls, notable ratings)​
    The offense will be lead this year by the new kid on the block. There is a new sherriff in town, a new leader. JAMES FRANKLIN. A RS Junior who gets his 1st start in Camp Randall. He transferred from Missorui, and imdediately graded out better than Mike Strauss.​
    He will be throwing to the unquestioned leader of the squad. The RS Senior AA WR Tim Smith.​

Key Players Defense (Overalls, notable ratings)​
    On D we have.....well nobody. Nobody to strike fear in anyone, just a bunch of kids running around and trying not to get embarrassed.​

Season outlook​
    10-3. I can call my losses out now....but hopefully one of the gods hears my shriek and grants me a miracle.​

Record Prediction​

12. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

VT

We are in a very big rebuilding stage coming off a 3 win season....QB Ryan Barber plans to lead this team to a .500 record with his 91 speed.......if only he would hold on to the ball.

Now the defense.... BAD...NO DL, NO LBs, NO CBs, only 2 safties will be controlling this D.

Hopefully Recruiting will be decent...we will see, as I already have 3 insta commits...

Projected Record: 6-6

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State Seminoles

Offense Key Player - Junior QB Bill Schmidt #1

Schmidt took some big steps toward developing into our starting QB this year, he doesn't have much experience but we are very confident in his 92 overall rating. He also came out of Coach K's first recruiting class, and was labeled as a scrambler.

Defense Key Player - Senior MLB Jeff Luc #48

Jeff Luc returns as one of the best defense players in the nation. In the 2012 season he took home Best LB, Bednarik, and Nagurski awards.

Team Summary -

The Seminoles are optimistic about their chances this year, but know they are not very deep and need to have a great recruiting class come in as we are extremely low at DB and our starting four LBs are Seniors. The team will rely heavily on this offense, they have a few new faces but everyone is capable of making plays and the O line is slightly improved, if the offense has a bad game FSU will lose.

Team Goals -

Beat Miami, Florida, Clemson - win ACC - top 5 recruiting class.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

Wake Forest Demon Deacons
    Offensive Key Player
    Brendan Cross - QB (93 Overall) - 82 Speed, 85 Accel, 88 THP, 94 THA​
    Look for him to be our star player after we try to bounce back from a mediocre season. He is fast and accurate, looks to be dangerous on the ground and in the air. He will need to stop his tendency of throwing picks to earn anything in his final season with us.​
    Defensive Key Player
    JD Olgesby - MLB (80 Overall) - 91 Tackle, 85 Block Shed, 81 Pursuit

It is sad to say he is our highest rated defensive player but he should be a threat to any offense with his high tackle ability and good Pursuit. I would expect to see him in the backfield quite a bit with his good Block Shedding ability as well. He is the anchor to our defense and if we lose him, well it would be devastating and I'd hate to think about it.

Season Outlook

I would like to see 8 wins this season, 10 if possible. An ACC Champ game appearance would be nice. We will try to avenge our whipping vs Florida State and try to knock off this Miami team I have heard so much about. My expectations will remain on 8 wins though with a good bowl and the hopeful ACC Champ Game appearance.

15. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Tennessee Volunteers

The Vols will be relying on a strong running game and one of the nation's top recieving corps to put up lots of points this season. The Volunteer offense is led by Senior QB Tyler Bray(90 OVR) and Senior WR Darick Rogers (95 OVR). The Vols will need to score and score often as their defense resembles a Big Orange sieve. Lots of holes on the defensive side of the ball. The biggest is probably the secondary, CB in particular, with only 1 senior at that position.

The Vols hope to be able to knock off Florida and the Georgia Juggernaut, but that is not likely due to the stature of the defense. The SEC East is not very friendly and as a whole may be stronger this year than in years past.

Overall prediction
    10-2 (optimistic)