Season 4 UT Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Sep 28, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

TENNESSEE VOLS
    Your home for everything Volunteer Football
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. onaradio34

Opening Loss a Moral Victory
    Many Big Orange fans don't believe any loss can be taken as a positive, but the Vols' 20-17 double OT loss to #3 Iowa on the road would definitely qualify. Tennessee lost its starting QB, top 2 RB's, leading WR, starting TE, and 2 offensive lineman from last year's 9-4 squad. The replacements showed plenty of promise even if their stats weren't spectacular. New starting QB Charlie Frye finsihed 11-17 for 207 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's. He was sacked 5 times but considering it was his first start and against a Top 3 rated team on the road, you gotta be happy with his showing.
    Big things are expected of HB Vincent Graham. He had a modest showing with 22 carries for 74 yards and did not record a TD. Again, considering the Vol offensive line was largley overmatched, Graham did a nice job of getting the yardage that was there. Tennessee's two new starting WR's, Horton and Bowles, combined for 7 catches and 157 yards with an acrobatic TD catch by Bowles in traffic. 3 interchangeable TE's combined for 4 catches for 50 yards and the other TD.
    Defensively, the Vols had to replace 3 outstanding LB's in Maggitt, Johnson and Harris. Freshman MLB Tino Thomas solidified his spot with 15 tackles while OLB Eddie Hall added 4 tackles and a sack.

• Like Like x 1
  3. onaradio34

After a mandatory media blackout, Tennessee is happy to announce its finalized recruiting class.

[​IMG]

The Vols had few scholarships to offer but made the most of them. Afterlast year's defense heavy class, the Vols went offensive with this class. :5stars: ATH Johnson looks to make WR his home. :3stars: TE Edwards looks to add to both the run and pass game while the offensive line got 4 :4stars: commitments. The signings of those big hogs is what convinced :4stars: HB Doyle to make his pledge as well. He was the last player left on the UT board.

:4stars: CB Matthews made the only defensive addition an important one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Pretty beast class for only 8 scholarships.

• Like Like x 2
  5. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

When you get to waste time, you waste it wisely. My best class ever in 2010 SH as Baylor was when I needed to fill 11 spots. I zeroed in on 11 guys and got every one of them. It felt good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. onaradio34

It could have been better however...missed out on another 5* that had me #1 preseason. Auto pilot cost me there but let me hang around on the above.

7. onaradio34

Streaking
    Victories Over Bama, Gamecocks Have Vols Confident​
    A shaky team in the midst of a gloomy season has begun to reshape its season. Tennessee has taken down both Alabama and South Carolina the last 2 weeks and turned a potential 2-6 disaster into a respectable 4-4 record. Junior HB Vincent Graham has accounted for 250 yards on the ground on 54 carries against the terrific defenses. WR's Drae Bowles and Alton "Pig" Howard had big days in the return game against South Carolina. Bowles return 4 KO's for 239 yards and 2 TD's while Howard added 2 for 126 and another TD. That's 21 points off returns in a 14 win.​

• Like Like x 1
  8. onaradio34

ORANGE INVASION OF SAN JOSE
    27-7 Route Continues Vols' Run
    [​IMG]
    Drae Bowles with a diving TD catch. Stat Line: 5 Rec, 107 yds, 1TD
    Tennessee made it 5 wins in a row after a solid 27-7 victory over San Jose State. The Vols started slow as the D had trouble with the pesky Spartan Pistol offense and actually trailed at the end of the 1st qtr 7-0. The offense erupted in the 2nd qtr with three consecutive TD drives to make it a 21-7 game at halftime. Tennessee stcuk to the ground in the 2nd half and tacked on 2 FG's before giving way to the backups and cruising to victory. Vincent Graham broke the 1,000 yard mark this game and added his 9th TD of the season.

9. onaradio34

VOLS ROLL OVER RIVAL UK
    Result Never In Doubt in 45-14 Win
    [​IMG]
    Tennessee closed out its regular season campaign with a 45-14 destruction of border rival Kentucky. The win improved their record to 8-4 and solidified a decent bowl appearance. RB duo of Graham and Wright combined for 178 yards and 2 TD's on 39 carries while starting WR's Bowles and Horton combined for 6 catches, 198 yards and 3 TD's. The Vol defense held Kentucky to just over 200 yards total offense and were dominant for most of the game.
    Tennessee will now take a rest and wait to see who theirfinal opponent will be.