Season 4, Week 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Dec 4, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

No user games this week, but everyone has a CPU game.

Also, I front-loaded schedules due to the fact that Christmas and New Years will fall towards the end of the year... This way we have the best chance of missing the fewest games due to travel and staying on track. Some user games were unavoidable late in the season, though.

Lastly, I tried to the best of my ability to continue OOC for Home and Homes, but sometimes it just didn't work. I hope the schedules worked out and good luck to everyone.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Whats the deal on a new guy?

3. SodaAddict

Good question. We still need one. I tried to talk Nautica in to taking over Missouri, but he just wasn't really interested.

4. SodaAddict

Overall Ratings:

Florida: A Overall, A Offense, A+ Defense, D Special Teams
    Texas: A Overall, A+ Offense, A- Defense, A- Special Teams
    LSU: A Overall, A+ Offense, B+ Defense, D- Special Teams
    Alabama: A- Overall, A+ Offense, B+ Defense, A+ Special Teams
    Oklahoma: A- Overall, A Offense, A- Defense, B Special Teams
    Nebraska: B+ Overall, A+ Offense, B Defense, C Special Teams
    Miami: B+ Overall, A- Offense, B+ Defense, C Special Teams
    Virginia Tech: B Overall, A- Offense, B Defense, C Special Teams
    Boston College: B Overall, A- Offense, B- Defense, B+ Special Teams
    Clemson: B Overall, B+ Offense, B+ Defense, B Special Teams
    South Carolina: C+ Overall, B- Offense, B- Defense, B- Special Teams

5. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

LSU 56 USC 53

Very strange game for LSU. Offense wasn't clicking in the first half but the D took two INT's for a TD and Ford took a Kickoff to the house.

In the second half, the soon to be Heisman Trophy candidate WR Scott took 3 huge TD's to the house after hauling in 285 yards to lead to the victory.

Hopefully more balance is in LSU's future but the dominance of Scott is just unreal. Quite possibly the best virtual athlete I have ever had on a team...period.

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Florida is a D+ on special teams? That made me laugh.

7. SodaAddict

Nope.. they are a D. No plus there sir.

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I gotta say, it's good to be the Gators.. Florida starts off the 2014 year with 4 instant commits.

:5stars: Athlete
    :5stars: Defensive Tackle
    :4stars:Cornerback
    :4stars:Offensive Tackle :thumbsup:

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Ugh you make it look so easy...we have to fight hard here in Nebraska for even the :3stars:

10. AJ Hart MN

I noticed the Cornhuskers leading on a :5stars: RB if i'm not mistaken but yeah, it's a little ridiculous. Was thinking of going after him but he's a Nebraska kid so I didn't want to mess with you there. That would be one battle I don't think my recruiting pitches could win. Don't have quite the talent interested in me this year but for some reason all of these kids just instant committed me. Only have like 8 more schollies to give out so I can be very picky now.

Noticed you have a A+ offense this year. Should be a fun year for the Cornhuskers.

11. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I may have spoke too soon. I did indeed sign the :5stars: HB and a :3stars: JUCO OLB, both with insanely good attributes for their position.

12. SodaAddict

I will advance tomorrow night (Monday). My backup power cord for my laptop screwed up on me today and so I now have 2 non-working power cords for it. I have the Best Buy geek squad warranty protection for parts and everything but I haven't been able to figure out what name/number the account is under yet to get the part ordered. Woohoo.

So, I am spending the night at my gf's house tonight, but I won't be most of the week, so if I seem to be not around... that's why. I will still check some from work during the day, but my night-time checking will be very limited until I get a new cord.

13. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

Virginia Tech got the season off right squeaking by Utah at home in the opener by a score of 42-35. I also had similar issues with the running game of the opponent, they would break 2 or 3 tackles before going down. Happy to start the year off with a victory though.

14. SodaAddict

Just to check with you guys, should I keep my original result or go ahead and supersim to get a win?

I am ok if people feel like I need to keep my loss. It would be the 2nd year in a row I started the year off with a CPU loss on the last drive of a game, but it is what it is. Just want to see what you guys think. I know I gave everyone permission to win games this week, but I don't want to give the impression that I am trying to cheat the system, so I will get your opinions before I do anything.

15. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The first question I have is does the function actually work? I had a guy I booted from the redshirts and try to throw out the results and it didn't work. After some searching, it was broken. Im not sure if it was fixed in a patch or not. Ill post a thread to ask.

16. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Bama fumbles 5 yards out from a TD and Penn State goes to the house taking down Bama. "We knew this was gonna be a rebuilding year, especially with a new playbook. Penn State was ready to play."

Soda, thanks for letting me re-play this one. It was competitive and a really good game. Had no problem losing this one this time.

17. fuzzyl0gic

Nebraska 35
    Purdue 17

Nebraska struggled early on in this game with a lot of turnovers. Purdue kept it close most of the game, as the score was 21-17 Nebraska going into the 4th. The defense stepped it up in the 4th, giving up 0 points and the offense scored 14 unanswered points. Martinez had a bad day throwing the ball (2 INTs), but HB Braylon Heard shattered record books with 308 rushing yards on the day. This kid shocked everyone, he was a redshirt last year. He has 99 speed and 98 agility, and when he gets open space...poof. He will probably not stay for his senior year if he continues this trend.

18. SodaAddict

You gonna use him for Kick Returns and risk the injury or save him for RB use only?

19. AJ Hart MN

After having some cpu issues last night and today. I was forced to play my game on my kids xbox (which has a much different TV). I struggled on offense mightily. All-American Lance West threw 4 picks (blaming that on the TV.. lol) and the Gators as a whole were just flat out lethargic on the offensive side of the ball. Thankfully, my router issues are now behind me and I'll be able to play on my TV. The defense was outstanding though getting a pick 6 and stuffing a tough Florida State offense. Sometimes it seemed it took 5 guys to bring down some of their players but we brought them down and brought them down HARD!!

I now know my issues with the saving of highlights is my xbox downstairs as I was able to access highlights from the upstairs one.

The final from Gainesville was 28-7 in a tough physical game.

20. fuzzyl0gic

Hm that is something to consider, but I probably won't risk the injury.