Season 4 Week 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

fuzzyl0gic -- I don't think I fucked up the schedules too much.. was hard with less ACC teams though I think
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd
    Philstyle3005
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    sawemoff
    BPHusker
    Oshiomogho

**Note if you didn't get redshirting done, simply take the player off your depth chart and they will get auto redshirted.

Story is being a p.o.s online but Week 1 games are:

Ohio State @ UNC

Penn State @ Georgia Tech

Clemson @ Purdue

Wisconsin @ Virginia

Iowa @ Wake

2. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

sawemoff

Are you Clemson? If so, what's your availability? I can possibly play sometime tomorrow, but doubtful. Otherwise, I can play early saturday morning or saturday afternoon.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I can play tomorrow anytime just let me know so I can be awake. Saturday I will be in Houston all day so I can't.

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

im finishing up the roster equipment editing now. and i can play anytime soon or later.

I also gotta catch up on all the damn things i need to fil out or PM or whatever. this league has about 6000 posts in the past 3 days!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

haha, I wasn't sure if I was the only one that went through and edited equpiment on the new recruits!

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

every single player gets equiptment and number changes if they need them. I used to edit up names but i dont do it much anymore. my guys gotta look fresh on the field!

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

+1 on that. not only do they have to look clean but intimidating with dark visors, towel, and depending on position the neck roll/cowboy collar.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't get real into the visors and the like or collars, but will definitely fiddle with numbers and just give guys that would wear gloves gloves and just yeah make em look "clean".

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

smh went from I think B+ across the board to B Overall, B- Offense, C+ defense

godam

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

ya man, not gonna lie.. I pretty much hate every player i see with a neckroll. any position, offense or defense. not allowed on my squad. a visor and long socks are a privilege that only the best athletes get to wear

13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Well once I get in there and change the equipment up you will not be liking my MLB. Neckroll all the way lol

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Week 1
    Wisconsin @ Virginia is about to kickoff in minutes. UV is finishing up editing and we will be going live shortly
    tune in at http://livestream.com/oshiomogho

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Got get em Virginia! Rep the ACC

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

You can go to the link and watch it

17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea, I'm watching it here at work

• Like Like x 1
  18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Are we allowed to use custom playbooks?

19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Penn State Defense Wreaks Havok on GT

Georgia Tech QB Days got to know the PSU defense quite well Saturday afternoon, as they pressured him all day, caused 12 QB hurries and 6 sacks.

In the first half, both teams went punch for punch. GT led 3-0 after their first drive, but Penn State's D caused two 3-and-outs in their next 2 possessions. In the 2nd quarter, GT got on the board once again, following a 67 yard bomb that was just inches away from being intercepted. New Starting QB Jones and the offense matched GT as they got a TD of their own - a 17 yard TD pass from Jones to Belton to tie it at 10-10 at the half.

The 2nd half belonged to Penn State they shut down the GT offense. The PSU offense, on the other hand, had a great half, with Moore and Jackson splitting the load, pounding it at Tech defense. They had no answer all game. Moore got the scoring started but ramming in from 3 yards out in the 3rd quarter. In the 4th, Penn State was able to drive it down to the 10, but couldn't put it in. Ficken kicked it through the uprights to make it 20-10. They scored on their next possession, driving it down the field and finishing it with a pass from Jones to Davis. Tech was able to put together a desperation drive with 1:30 left, but they were unable to recover the onside and the Nittany Lions were able to run out the clock.

Penn State 27
    #11 Georgia Tech 17

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

no

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#15 Wake Forest 31
    vs
    Iowa 17

Wake Forest controlled this one from about the second quarter on, with a late push coming from the Hawkeyes in the fourth quarter. Wake junior QB Kevin Sousa went 17-22 for 370 yards and 3 TDs with 0 interceptions, and receivers Matt James and Terrance Campbell each went over 100 yards (Campbell with 144 and a TD, James with 108 and a TD). Mark Bradley added 70 yards on 3 catches, and TE Cameron Washington caught 2 for 26 yards and a score in his debut game since transferring from Georgia.

"Kevin looked great today, without a doubt. A lot of people in the nation like to nit pick him and say he doesn't do this or that right, but he wins games for us and he is really becoming a focal point. If he plays like he did today I could almost guarantee we win the conference."

Strong words from Coach Kasper after the game.

Orville Reynolds looked great in his first start as well, racking up 105 yards on 17 attempts and also finding the endzone once. The 5'8 bowling ball was ducking behind offensive lineman, and bouncing off defenders like a bowling ball all game. Look for the junior to have a solid year behind a good offensive line.

Defensively Wake played great for 3 and a half quarters, sadly the Hawkeyes offense played a full 4. Coach Kasper wasn't hard on his defense but had the following to say:

"We definitely have some work, but there wasn't a lot expected from this unit by the 'experts' coming into the season. We have some young guys who have been itching to get on the field and showed they belonged today. We just need to polish the young talent and make sure they are ready week by week so they can do the little things right."

Wake travels to Lincoln, Nebraska next week to take on another B1G opponnent. After a by week for Week 3, Wake will host 2 time national title runner up Michigan.

gg CoachRedd .. always fun with ya.

22. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Good game... you completely dominated. Only points I got were from a fluke long pass. Next year it is.

• Like Like x 1
  23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Virginia 33

#8 Wisconsin 23

Well the Badgers traveled into a rowdy Scott, Stadium to take on the Cavaliers. The Cavaliers who had major coaching problems finally decided to let Duke take the helm of his Cavalier squad once more. Now that Metheny and Rocco are gone things are in Watford's hands. Duke switched to the spread and it had good effects. Watford threw for an outstanding 293 yards and threw 3 TD's and 1 INT. The Virginia defense played solid forcing 3 INT's and holding Wisconsin to 280 yards to UVA's 480. I'm liking the Cavaliers so far.

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    #5 Tar Heels Top #13 Ohio State with Stellar Defense and Rushing Game
    [​IMG]
    The Tar Heels opened up their season with a home game against #13 Ohio State. The game was back and forth from the beginning, with the score remaining a tie each quarter until the fourth. Junior Marquise Williams takes over the reigns of the QB position, and he had a rough first start against a great defense. He made a few big throws to keep his team in the game:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Giovanni Bernard helped out an inconsistent first time starter with 184 rushing yds:​
    [​IMG]
    The true freshman Grant Hines starts his first ever college game at FS, and made some noise with a huge play:​
    [​IMG]
    The UNC defense harassed Miller all game long, with 4 recorded sacks:​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    None was bigger than the the 4th quarter sack that got UNC a safety. They drove the ball down the field and chewed the click to put up 5 points in the 4th quarter, and pulled away with a 25-20 victory.​
    [​IMG]
    The Heels travel to Madison next week to face a hungry Wisconsin team looking for revenge from an early loss to an ACC opponent.​

25. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I don't know if I'll be able to play today, but I'll do my best. Hopefully I can get off work early enough to play. Shoot me your number and I can text you when I'm available.