Season 4, Week 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JOEDESIGNS, Dec 26, 2010.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

In what was a much anticipated SEC match up, the Crimson Tide welcome Coach Huskie and his #7 LSU Tigers to Bryant Denny Stadium. Bama would get on the board first with a 48 yard pass from McCarron to Nash, and then the Crimson Tide defense picked off Boone for a 26 yard pick 6 to put Bama up 16-2.

LSU found paydirt in the second quarter as Boone would find Livingston for a 55 yard TD strike to bring LSU within 7. LSU had trouble with the option attack all day as Seymour takes one 53 yards on the ground to put Bama back up by two scores, with 3 ticks left on the clock in the second McCarron finds Eddie Lacy for another 6. Tide up 21 at the half and would never look back, Tide rolls 47-19.

With the win Alabama takes over the SEC West at 6-1 in the conference and LSU falls to second at 4-2. Alabama is sitting pretty with two away games remaining as they travel to Mississippi State, and hated Auburn.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

The Gators ran through the Georgia Bulldogs 34-7 in the annual World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville. It was a workmanlike effort in which the run game and pass game worked well.

With the Alabama destruction of LSU, the SEC championship looks like it will be a rematch of last year's thriller pitting the Gators and Crimson Tide. With Bama now flying on all cylinders, this game should be a great matchup between speed against power.

3. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey just wanted to let you guys know, pa requested that BoSox be able to play his game against him, so I decided to allow it.

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

As you can tell from the sheer length of the above image, this was a crazy game from the start. Still hung over from the beating delivered by Oklahoma, Nebraska played some horrid football in the first half, and they appeared to be in self-destruct mode. Fumbles, interceptions, blown coverage. Nobody could believe it, but the underdogs were going to run away with this one. The Cornhuskers had to totally abandon the run game to catch up, and 500+ passing yards later they somehow manged it. Coach Fuzzy was reported as saying it was the ugliest win he'd ever seen. The defense totally took a vacation in this game, and it will be a long week of practice for them.

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

But when will this game be played??

6. SodaAddict

It's a good question. I haven't heard anything, so hopefully it will get played. The advance is late tonight, so I will keep my eyes open today.

I should get home around 9 and I can move someone to auto if I need to.

7. SodaAddict

Ok, the game hasn't happened yet and I am needing to get to work at 7am, so I will go to bed now and when I wake up I will advance no matter what.

The next advance after the morning will still be Thursday night.

8. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Notre Dame continues to roll as they stomp Navy at home. Navy gave up a couple of big plays early and couldn't get anything going on O in a 42-0 drubbing at the hands of the Irish. ND QB Hendrix was 6-11 for 218 yards 3TDs and 1 INT in the first half before being pulled from the game by the coach. Backup runningbacks Griffin and Berry added to the cause chipping in 82 and 48 yards respectively.

The dagger came with about 2 and a half minutes left in the 2nd quarter when Notre Dame returned a fumble 12 yards to the house just after a 3rd long scoring strike had put them up 21-0. The starters came out with just over 2 minutes to go in the first half and the backups pounded the rock to finish the game out. Notre Dame finished the scoring with a 41 yard scoring run with just over 3 minutes to go in the first half.

The win is the 4th in a row for the Irish and puts them at 5-4 before hit the road to take on Miami in what should be a much more difficult matchup!

9. SodaAddict

Nice wins for Lobster and fuzzyl0gic, btw. That game looked absolutely crazy fuzzy.