Season 4 - Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, May 17, 2010.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 4 - Week 14

Northwestern ends the season 7-5 with an absolute waxing of Georgia:

Northwestern - 56
    Georgia - 19

In the first game Georgia and Northwestern have ever played against one another, Northwestern sent the Bulldogs home with the worst loss Georgia has even suffered to a Big 10 school ever (their previous worst being a 26-0 loss to Michigan in 1957) and only their third loss to a Big 10 school in Georgia's history.

The Wildcat offense was unstoppable as they ran through and more importantly passed over the Bulldog defense. Junior QB Watkins threw for 332 yards on just 16 of 24 passing and 7 TD passes, shattering the previous school record of 5 TD passes.

The Wildcat defense continued to be a force, holding Georgia's talented rushing attack to just 87 yards rushing for the game.

Looking forward to our bowl game and getting Northwestern their first bowl win since 1959. ;)

2. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

UCLA-24
    USC-21

Jeff Locke kicked a 43 yard field goal as time expired to lift the Bruins to victory over their arch-rival USC Trojans. Trojan WR Brice Brown couldn't be stopped, often requiring triple coverage and still amassed 4 catches for 131 yards and a TD, including an 80 yard scamper on the first play of the game. The triple coverage on Brown allowed Trojan QB Lionel Rich to go 16-28 for 338 and 3 TD, however he threw 2 int's inside the red zone, which proved to be costly. Trojan WR Cory Henderson also fumbled as he crossed the goal line and was recovered by UCLA. In the end, the Bruins did just enough to win. Game ball honors go to K Jeff Locke who was 3 for 3 on extra point attempts, in addition to the walk-off and 4 punts for 200 yards, averaging 50 yards per punt.

3. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Ole Miss: 24 USF: 34
    Coach Scarecrow put on a dominating offensive performance with his running game and converted numerous third downs to outlast the Rebels and Earnest Fox. Great game Coach!

4. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Dakota's Colorado Buffs beat my Hoosiers 31-21.

I took the lead with 14 early points, and Dakota scored on two straight possessions to make it 14-10 IU. His defense really tightened up against the run in the second half, which hurt my offense quite a bit.

Dakota shut me down on a 4th and 2 attempt inside his five yard line that would have put me ahead halfway through the fourth, and I missed a field goal that would have tied it, but those missed opportunities and a fourth quarter TD by Dakota put it away for him.

I wanted to make his running back beat me by running nickel and dime sets, and he did. He broke off a couple huge runs with his elite speed. Being a run first guy, I'm not sure why Dakota doesn't run the ball more. VBG Still though, his QB had a sub-par day, meaning he threw for under 300 yards. (My safeties suck, which was exaggerated by the fact that my starting FS got injured, forcing me to put a slow MLB back there.)

Really thought this thing was going to be a shootout (we both have top offenses), but I ran a ball-control offense that worked pretty well until we fell behind. Got away from the run a bit when he was stacking the box, and he got some sacks that put me in 2nd and longs and 3rd and longs, which my offense can't succeed in.

Great game Dakota. Definitely lived up to the "Game of the Week" moniker. Not a bad day at the office when my starting QB and Maxwell candidate Charles Love III was out injured, and my backup QB had us within a quarter of upsetting the #1 team in the country in Boulder.

IU next heads to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 40 years. Not bad for a team picked to finish in last place, huh? ;)

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Yeah, very good game. I was very nervous after the first quarter. I felt handcuffed on offense and couldn't stop your offense. I got lucky that Love was hurt, not how things would've turned out for me if he was playing.

Anderson 16/27 289 3/1
    Holman ran for 150 and 1td
    Ebner caught over 100 yards and 2 tds

Two highlights I saved

Go ahead touchdown after IU went up by 4. Holman broke off left tackle on a counter play.

http://http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20135654

The Buffs get the ball back after an IU 3 and out, drive the ball down the field on 5 or 6 consecutive run plays, Anderson goes for the throat and puts his team up by 10.

http://http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20135762

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Sorry for the delay but great game Twist. Earnest Fox is a beast. He always seems to fall forward for extra yardage. Also, nothing scarier than the toss with a couple of blockers in front of him. If it weren't for the 2 interceptions, it would be a very different game.