Season 4 Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Advance Deadline: Wednesday 8 PM EST

Kasper
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    hornfaninbama
    -Cougars-
    Philstyle3005
    JQwon13
    CoachRedd
    BPHusker
    maniac13

Welcome to Week 4!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #3 North Carolina Tar Heels (3-0) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 41-7 against Purdue (1-2).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Iowa (1-1).

=============== #19 Virginia Cavaliers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia lost 20-16 against Nebraska (1-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Atlanta to face the #13 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (0-1).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Purdue lost 41-7 against North Carolina (3-0).
    This week, the Boilermakers are idle.

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 26-17 against Clemson (1-1).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Winston-Salem to face the #8 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-0).

=============== Iowa Hawkeyes (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 56-14 against Stanford (1-2).
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Chapel Hill to face the #3 North Carolina Tar Heels (3-0).

=============== #24 Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 20-16 against Virginia (2-1).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Auburn (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Micah Wright has committed to Nebraska

=============== #8 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-0) ===============
    Last week the Demon Deacons were idle.
    This week, the Demon Deacons will host #2 Michigan (2-0).

=============== #16 Wisconsin Badgers (0-2) ===============
    Last week the Badgers were idle.
    This week, the Badgers travel to Tuscaloosa to face the Alabama Crimson Tide (1-1).

=============== #20 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 38-20 against Oklahoma (1-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.

=============== Clemson Tigers (1-1) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 26-17 against Michigan (2-0).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the #17 Florida State Seminoles (2-0).

=============== Maryland Terrapins (0-2) ===============
    Last week, Maryland lost 22-3 against FCS Southeast .
    This week, the Terrapins travel to Philadelphia to face the Temple Owls (0-1).

Good luck!

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

when ya wanna go Philstyle3005 ... tomorrow evening would be best for me.

3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

That's fine, I'm normally home from work around 6 central time.

4. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

B1G! B1G! B1G!!!

Iowa 27
    North Carolina 21

More on this later when the story uploads.

• Like Like x 1
  5. fuzzyl0gic

B1G trips me up every fucking year...

6. CoachRedd

7. fuzzyl0gic

GG tho CoachRedd, I want a re-match next year.

8. CoachRedd

Deal.

[​IMG]

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Nebraska Runs Past Auburn 30-13

Lincoln,NE- Nebraska hopped on Bret Davis' back and let him carry them to victory. Davis carried the rock 42 times for 200 yards and 1 TD to lead Nebraska to a big win.

Davis looked like the back that set the world on fire his freshman season. He bowled over tacklers and dragged defenders for extra yardage. The defense played well against Auburn's inept offense. The secondary only allowed the Tigers to complete 1 pass.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

be sure to akways post a final score

11. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

12. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Maryland Gets by Temple 45-31

The Terps got off to a hot start thanks in part to their defense. They scored first off of a fumble recovery returned for a touchdown. To end the first the Terps defense got a pick six. There was a rushing touchdown squeezed in between the two scores for a 21-0 lead. The teams traded two scores a piece in the second quarter. Temple got on a roll starting with a pick six on a bubble screen. Nothing too eventful happened in the second half.

It is clear that Maryland likes to run the football, with Justus Pickett rushing 20 times for 133 yards, and his back up Jeremiah Wilson rushing for 45 yards on 10 carries. Wilson will be thrust into the spotlight next week due to an injury sidelining Pickett for the next four weeks.

Maryland's passing game however needs much work. The Terps' offensive line allowed 7 sacks. The 173 yards in the air occured when Troy Jones was able to lob the ball up before getting hit. Jones had a long night in the pocket, and was seen cussing out his line after he went down for the fifth time.

Kicker Johnnie Humphrey had an embarrassing performance going 1 of 4 for the game. His longest made was a 32 yarder. The 48 yarder and two 51 yarders he attempted fell well short of the crossbar. Asked after the game about the performance of his kicker, Coach Mackey stated "We can't leave 9 points on the board like that."

Mackey believes he can right the downward ship here in Maryland, but conference play is on the horizon so there is little time to get it right.

13. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

One of the worst games I've played I feel. I kept trying to force the pass when the running gain was working just fine. I coached just like Coach Sherman did this year at a&m. The one bright thing to take out of it was they were 1-9 on third downs, but it is Temple....

Oh well it's early in the season, plenty of time for improvement.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Clemson avenges Michigan loss in Tallahassee:

After losing to Michigan at home The Tigers went into Doak Campbell Stadium madder than a bunch of midgets shopping at a Big N Tall Store. QB Tony McNeal and RB Mike Bellamy just wrecked the Florida State defense. The first points of the game came from a 22 yard play action pass from McNeal to TE Jimmy Curry. Once the second quarter came the offense exploded for 31 points. McNeal could not miss by hooking up twice with WR Charone Peake for a 59 yard play action pass and a 51 yard TD pass right before the half. The rest of the second quarter points came from Mike Bellamy's 99 yard Kickoff Return and 18 yard Rushing TD. Tony McNeal finished the day 10-15 199 yards and 3 TDs. He also had a 77 yard run TD before leaving the game in the 3rd quarter.

Again the defense scored off an interception and fumble. DT Tavaris Barnes had 2 of the 3 sacks and forced to fumbles, with one leading to a score. CB Garry Peters also got into the action by intercepting and returning one. The defense just did not allow the FSU offense to get going totaling 3 sacks, 2 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries.

Clemson will take the 66-22 victory with them back to Death Valley and will face Virginia in week 5.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

duh?

18. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

great game again Kasper I'll let you write up the summary. You're receiver killed my secondary today. Look forward to a rematch against you at some point, was a really fun game for me.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#8 Wake Forest 20
    vs
    #2 Michigan 17

Wake Forest was able to pull an upset at home against the second ranked Wolverines on Saturday, with senior Matt James leading in a big way. The 6'6 North Carolina native hauled in deep balls for scores from 80 and 63 yards out, finishing with 172 yards on 4 receptions and two scores.

"Matt is a very special player, anytime you have a player his size combined with his ball catching abilities you know you have a talent that doesn't come around often. A day like this doesn't surprise anyone that has been around this program lately, as we all know Matt is an amazing athlete with a great ability to judge those deep balls," stated Coach Kasper after the game.

Junior Kevin Sousa went an impressive 17-28 yards and finishing with 321 yards and 2 TDs.

Junior running back Orville Reynolds will be lost until post season play with an undisclosed injury that Kasper simply said would take "a while to heal." Khiry Sutton filled in fairly well for the injured Reynolds, hauling in a nice screen play and turning it into a nice gain during a fourth quarter drive.

Defensively, Wake looked out matched early in the game as Michigan was scoring with ease. Wake head coach Kasper said they made some "key adjustments at half that really helped us win this ball game." One that was noticeable was often playing linebackers at the end spot to generate a pass rush on 3rd downs. Zone blitzes were also utilized to give the rush a little more time to get to Gardner, who was dicing the man coverage thanks to 5+ seconds to throw earlier in the game.

Wake Forest moves to 3-0 and a likely top 5 ranking after this one. The Deacons will host Miami next week in their ACC opener.

GG Philstyle3005 , I had sent that party invite earlier because I wasn't sure my game data uploaded.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We'll be at the big house next year for sure! That tall son of a bitch won't be around next year either :(

21. CoachRedd

Damn, Kasper is on a mission this year.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Still definitely worried about the Clemson and UNC game (if I make it to the CCG). I'm getting better on the sticks but there will still be a major talent gap against those two teams. I got some breaks vs Michigan.