Season 4, Week 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 12, 2010.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #5 LSU Tigers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, LSU won 41-30 against Georgia (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers travel to Starkville to face the Mississippi State Bulldogs (3-0).

=============== #8 Boston College Eagles (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Boston College won 34-21 against Clemson (2-2).
    This week, the Eagles will host Notre Dame (1-3).

=============== #21 Clemson Tigers (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Clemson lost 34-21 against Boston College (3-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host Wake Forest (3-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) WR Riley Cobbs has committed to Tennessee
    - (***) LT Adam Barnes has committed to Clemson

=============== #2 Florida Gators (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Florida won 35-6 against Tennessee (1-2).
    This week, the Gators travel to Lexington to face the Kentucky Wildcats (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Florida targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Isaiah Butler has committed to Florida

=============== #12 Miami Hurricanes (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Miami lost 41-28 against Nebraska (4-0).
    This week, the Hurricanes travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (0-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) HB Chance Allen has committed to Miami

=============== #11 Alabama Crimson Tide (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Alabama won 42-17 against Kentucky (2-1).
    This week, the Crimson Tide will host #13 Cal (0-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Emmanuel Horne has committed to Alabama

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Texas won 49-20 against Michigan (1-1).
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers (3-1).

=============== #4 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 41-28 against Miami (2-2).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Iowa State (2-1).

=============== Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Notre Dame lost 14-9 against Purdue (2-1).
    This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Chestnut Hill to face the #8 Boston College Eagles (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Adam Barnes has committed to Clemson

=============== #3 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) ===============
    Last week, Oklahoma won 28-13 against Cal (0-1).
    This week, the Sooners will host Kansas State (1-1).

=============== #10 South Carolina Gamecocks (3-1) ===============
    Last week, South Carolina won 33-31 against ECU (1-2).
    This week, the Gamecocks travel to Oxford to face the Ole Miss Rebels (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following South Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FB Isaiah Butler has committed to Florida

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia Tech won 24-21 against Florida State (0-4).
    This week, the Hokies travel to Durham to face the Duke Blue Devils (3-0).

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Fast week guys, working on my game summary for last week right now. Soda, am I supposed to submit something to you for my user game?

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

-Bryant Denny Stadium

Cal comes in looking to improve in the standings but Alabama would have none of it. Phillip Sims would rush for 143 yards and 3 touchdowns and throw for 2 more. Eddie Lacy rushes for 201 yards on 18 carries as Bama knocks off Cal 52-27.

4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Coach Mexi's homecoming to Missouri was taken in by mixed emotions from the fans. After the game, what was left of the fans just felt disappointed. The Tigers wanted to take down the newly number one Longhorns and started off well, scoring a td within the first 59 seconds of the game with their no huddle offense. Texas would respond on the legs of Whaley with a 39 yard td run. With the score tied 14 all in the 2nd Q, Texas would knock on 45 unanswered points the rest of the way. The speed of the receivers (White 135 yards, Davis 76) was too much for the Mizzou D. 4 three and outs would hurt the no huddle spread of Mizzou as they could never get into any rhythm. The surprise of the game was thrid string freshman HB Lawrence, who led all backs with 147 yards and 2 tds, mostly with the second offense. Shead came down with an injury, and his status for next weeks huge matchup against OU is uncertain. This game will be a big confidence boost for Lawrence, as he is expected to recieve more carries now.

#1 Texas 59 - Missouri 14

5. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

As of now, no because I don't really have enough computer access to be able to compile information. You can send me a pm if there are any issues, though.

As soon as I get a new cord for my computer I will pick some of the content back up. AJ and PA are helping out with the conference reports and I am in need of a Big 12 reporter.

6. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I managed to throttle Duke this week by a score of 45-7. The Defense of Virginia Tech seems to be getting stronger and stronger as the weeks go on. This may just be the best defense I have had in my tenure at VT so far. They may not be the most talented, but they are performing at an elite level. The D did not give up a first down to Duke's offense until there was 2:31 left in the 3rd quarter. It forced punt after punt which gave the Hokies the breathing room to run the ball and play their style of offense. David Wilson notched three first half touchdowns and racked up 94 yards on 19 carries. On a bad note, backup Running Back Tony Gregory (95 ovr) broke his elbow and will be out for the season. This injury will end his career at Tech and the entire staff wishes him the best of luck going forward in life. Redshirt Freshman Karl Williams came in for relief in the second half and showed he will be ready for a starting spot next year. He rushed for 120 yards on just 14 carries for a touchdown. "He really played electric" said star Running Back David Wilson. Williams will be thrust into the backup role now that Gregory is done. Brian Hall had a big 41-yard touchdown catch and run on the first drive of the second half to further put the Blue Devils to rest.

The Hokies will get back Quarterback Jordan Luallen next week after they held him out for the Duke game because he was still healing from his injury suffered against West Virginia. "We hope we can use him like we did in the first game against Utah to spark our offense when Thomas just is being ineffective" said Coach BoSox.

7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Whoever does the Big 12, needs to do Notre Dame ;)

8. PAgamer07

The HUrricanes survive a major scare against the Wolfpack. Our pass defense, was turned to swiss cheese somehow, alhtough we did return two INT for TD. We allowed 326 yards passing. Thankfully we pulled it out 35-28. We were ahead 35-14 and it looked like smooth sailing and they fought back.

9. SodaAddict

Maybe I'll make Notre Dame a de facto Big 12 member with a permanent ban from the Big 12 championship game. :-D

10. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Florida @ Kentucky
    Wow, the only thing that really needs to be said about this one is the fact that Kentucky didn't even get a first down. Granted, I had the chew clock feature on the entire second half but it was unreal. Lance West threw 4 first half TD's and Andre Dubose was loose all half as he accumulated 6 catches for over 100yds and 2TD's in his one half of play. In all, Kentucky had 24yds of total offense and 4 turnovers. It was very ugly if you were a Kentucky fan.​
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    04:28TDFloridaMack Brown HB #33 3 yard rush
    02:16TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 51 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    Second Quarter
    02:46TDFloridaStephen Alli WR #89 8 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    00:26TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 18 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    00:03TDFloridaMack Brown HB #33 6 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    Forth Quarter
    00:54TDFloridaWilliam Bennett CB #2 21 yard interception

11. PAgamer07

Whats the holdup? Thought we were to advance tonight?

12. AJ Hart MN

I guess we're still waiting on ND/BC.

13. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Not a good sign for ND.

14. AJ Hart MN

lol.. I was thinking the same thing.

15. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

*Walks by whistling, kicking his feet* :)

16. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

My girlfriend was in a car accident, like I said in the scheduling thread. If this league is expected to take precedent over something like that then let me know, and I will step down. I'm online now waiting for BC, he can't play until about 2AM my time.

17. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Didn't check the scheduling thread. The intent was not to say this is the most important. Just saying we got through 5 weeks of a season in less than a week and have been at a stand still and without notice in the main thread, it does not look good for the team you are taking on.

That being said, welcome to the league and hope your gf is alright.

18. SodaAddict

It is all good, guys. The advance would normally be at midnight last night, but I knew lobster and mboda were going to try to get their game in late, so I held off until this morning. We are advanced now, same deadline for next week, Thursday night late.

19. PAgamer07

Yeah sorry, I didnt know that Lobstah. Hope she's ok.

20. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

No problem just miscommunication. Sorry if my post came off wrong too, it was a long day, been a long week but one more day until a months vacation! She is doing much better tonight when I talked to her, still weaaring a neck and wrist brace but it could be much worse.