Season 4 Week 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]
    Advance Deadline: Thursday 10 PM EST

fuzzyl0gic
    CoachRedd
    Philstyle3005
    -Cougars-
    BPHusker
    Oshiomogho
    sawemoff
    JQwon13 - if your not banned yet ;)
    maniac13
    hornfaninbama

Welcome to Week 5!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #12 North Carolina Tar Heels (3-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina lost 27-21 against Iowa (2-1).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (2-1).

=============== #14 Virginia Cavaliers (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Virginia won 27-17 against Georgia Tech (0-2).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Clemson to face the #22 Clemson Tigers (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB Stephen Henderson has committed to Virginia

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (1-2) ===============
    Last week the Boilermakers were idle.
    This week, the Boilermakers travel to Iowa City to face the #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-1).

=============== #7 Michigan Wolverines (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan lost 20-17 against Wake Forest (3-0).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Indiana (2-1).

=============== #16 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 27-21 against North Carolina (3-1).
    This week, the Hawkeyes will host Purdue (1-2).

=============== #21 Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 30-13 against Auburn (0-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host #9 Oklahoma (1-1).

=============== #4 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 20-17 against Michigan (2-1).
    This week, the Demon Deacons will host Miami (2-1).

=============== #13 Wisconsin Badgers (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 29-18 against Alabama (1-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host #18 Georgia Tech (0-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Jon Fowler has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #17 Penn State Nittany Lions (2-1) ===============
    Last week the Nittany Lions were idle.
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to East Lansing to face the Michigan State Spartans (0-2).

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (2-1) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 66-22 against Florida State (2-1).
    This week, the Tigers will host #14 Virginia (3-1).

=============== Maryland Terrapins (1-2) ===============
    Last week, Maryland won 45-31 against Temple (0-2).
    This week, the Terrapins will host #23 Florida State (2-1).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#4 Wake Forest 45
    vs
    Miami 10

The Deacons got off to a good start in conference play, forcing five interceptions vs Miami to key this victory. QB Kevin Sousa led the charge with 224 yards in the air on 14-25 passing; the junior also tallied two scores. Senior Khiry Sutton looked good in for the injured Orville Reynolds, as Khiry gained 63 yards on 19 attempts while also finding the endzone once. Matt James gained 86 yards on 4 catches, but Mark Bradley led the receiving corps with his 80 yards on 3 catches, including a 46 yard score.

Defensively, freshman safety Kyle Williams had arguably his "breakout" game, racking up 11 tackles and snagging an interception. Zachary Allen was also key with 7 tackles including 2 TFL. Above all though, All ACC CB Merrill Noel was the leader today as he snagged 3 Miami passes along, taking TWO to the house and finishing with 135 int return yards.

Noel is a fucking stud and is every bit as good as former great AJ Marshall IMO...

(y)

3. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Defense Comes Up Big Against Sparty

The Nittany Lion defense continued its reign of terror, causing 3 fumbles, 2 interceptions and an unbelievable 9 sacks. In a tight game where both offense were having trouble getting anything going, the defenses took center stage. After a back and forth game that had both teams tied going into half, the defenses came alive in the 2nd half. Paul Jones was intercepted twice by the Spartan defenders, one deep in MSU territory. With the game tied, 17-17, PSU's defense decided that they had to put the team on their back. In the final quarter, Ryan Moore ran for a 29 yard touchdown to go up 24-17. That was followed by PSU Safety P. Scott made a great over the shoulder INT that led to a Penn State FG. In the final two possessions by MSU, the Penn State defensive line (all 4 of them) combined for 5 sacks total, that stopped any chance for a MSU comeback.

#17 Penn State 27
    Michigan State 17

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

#22 Clemson holds off #17 Virginia:

The Tigers gain their 2nd ACC victory in a late minute thriller at Death Valley. Virginia started things off early by forcing Clemson to punt on their first drive and then busting a 46 yard run by RB Kevin Parks to setup an easy 2 yard TD by FB Zach Swanson. Clemson was able to answer back as time expired in the 1st Quarter with a 32 yard passing TD from QB Tony McNeal to WR Sammy Watkins. Early in the 2nd Quarter, McNeal hooked up with his TE Eric McLain twice to gain the lead. The first came on a 28 yard play action pass and then the other one was a 6 yard pass, to make Clemson's lead 21-7. It did not take Virginia long to score as QB Warren Ellis threw a 71 yard TD pass to a wide open WR Dominique Terrell. This made the score 21-14 but yet the Tigers scored with 20 seconds left on a 3 yard rushing TD by Mike Bellamy.

The 3rd Quarter was pretty boring as the only score came from a 41 yard FG by Clemson's K Tyler Graves, marking the score 31-14. The Clemson defense just gave Virginia's offense fits by intercepting the ball and sacking the QB a few times throughout the quarter. In the last 8 minutes of the game the Virginia Cavaliers Defense and QB Warren Ellis tried to stage a heroic comeback but fell just short. The Cavs scored early in the quarter with a 38 yard passing TD and converted a 2-pt conversion off a fake FG. Their defense helped immediately when MLB Henry Coley picked off McNeal to run it in from 52 yards out. The key play of the game for Clemson came right after the pick six when Bellamy scored on a 70 yard screen pass from McNeal. After the quick score the Tiger's special teams lost containment of Dominque Terrell which gave the Cavs great field position. They scored a couple plays later from a 14 yard pass by Ellis to make the score 38-36. The onside kick attempt failed but also did the Clemson offense by not being able to run out the clock. In a late push the Cavs could not over come the field position and Clemson was able to hold them on four downs. The final tally was 38-36.

After the game Coach Burgdorff had this to say, "We got lazy and very conservative after we were up 31-14 with 8 minutes left. Our guys started cutting it up on the sidelines and our whole team went into cruise control. I got to give a lot of credit to the coaching staff and players from Virginia. They fought hard, kept focus, and never gave up."

GG -Cougars-

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I'd say it's 50/50...

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

CoachRedd shall we throw down tonight? I'm free anytime after 5:30 cst

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

redd i need to start our LV game before 6:30

8. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Ill play both of u guys tonight. Ill be free anytime after 5 ET.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I just wanna go first because clubs will be goinon later

10. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

Maryland Destroyed by Florida State 38-22

Maryland jumped out to a 14-0 lead early, thanks in part to a defensive touchdown. But after that shit hit the fan for the Terrapins. Florida State scored 38 unanswered points to go up 38-14. After Maryland went down 21-14 they abandoned trying to run the ball knowing that the momentum was all on Florida State's side.

"If I have one regret it's that we abandoned the run early," Coach Mackey said. "This game was an absolute embarrassment for me to coach. I'm going to have to go drink a bottle of Jack tonight."

The tide turned on two fumbles on drives where the offense was moving the ball. The Terrapins after the game were flustered, and were at a loss for words. Well all except for Coach Mackey. "I'm going to bring the hammer down this week in practice. I plan to crack the shell of these turtles to see which ones are men and which ones smell like fish." Always a character that Coach Mackey.

11. CoachRedd

Your gun-totting, alcoholic coach is more controversial than JQwon13's forum activity.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

13. CoachRedd

The gap in talent is evident between Iowa and Purdue. Qwon couldnt run at all... I think he ended up with -22 yards rushing as a team. Meanwhile, my offensive line dominated while I cruised to an easy victory. In between running plays my #1 WR Kevonte Martin-Manley found space to catch 2 TDs. My team just keeps getting better... I feel bad for whoever has to play me next... I'm on a mission to win the B1G this year.

Purdue score and summary.PNG purdue player stats.PNG purdue team stats.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  14. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Holy shit! *nervous*

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

where we at for an advance? Look I like LV but the pace as really seemed to slow around here..

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

My excitement has decreased this season. It's been a rough year for the Boilermakers.

17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It can't rain all the time

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

It has for my opponents...They've been making it rain more than a strip club on half price night....

• Like Like x 1
  19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Same over here. I'm having zero fun.

20. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You and I were supposed to play this season before Kasper the partially retarded ghost F'd up the schedules. At least one of us would have had a little happiness. Although it probably would have been you...

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Doubt it, the way I have been playing anyone can beat me. I'm in a slump, dont know when im getting out of it.

22. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Let's just look forward to next season.

• Like Like x 2
  23. CoachRedd

• Like Like x 1
  24. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  25. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard