Season 4 Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 6, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]
    Advance Deadline: Sunday 2 PM EST
    Good luck everyone.​
    Welcome to Week 7!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #10 North Carolina Tar Heels (5-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 34-7 against Miami (2-3).
    This week, the Tar Heels travel to Charlottesville to face the #21 Virginia Cavaliers (3-2).

=============== #21 Virginia Cavaliers (3-2) ===============
    Last week the Cavaliers were idle.
    This week, the Cavaliers will host #10 North Carolina (5-1).

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 35-28 against Notre Dame (4-1).
    This week, the Boilermakers will host Michigan State (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Greg Terrell has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) C Jarod Breedlove has committed to TCU

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 21-12 against Alabama (2-3).
    This week, the Wolverines travel to Madison to face the #12 Wisconsin Badgers (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Thomas Rogers has committed to Auburn
    - (****) MLB Erik Smith has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) TE Tommy Smith has committed to Penn State
    - (****) FS Jason Concepcion has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) DT Johnathan Vincent has committed to Michigan

=============== #14 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Iowa won 28-24 against Auburn (1-4).
    This week, the Hawkeyes are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Iowa targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) TE Chris Coleman has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) HB Ryan James has committed to Iowa

=============== #18 Nebraska Cornhuskers (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Cornhuskers were idle.
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Minnesota (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) FB Patrick Muse has committed to Nebraska

=============== #3 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 31-7 against Boston College (2-3).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LOLB Brandon Holmes has committed to Wake Forest
    - (***) TE Tim Morris has committed to Wake Forest

=============== #12 Wisconsin Badgers (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin won 72-9 against Minnesota (2-2).
    This week, the Badgers will host #5 Michigan (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Erik Smith has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) DT Johnathan Vincent has committed to Michigan
    - (****) TE Chris Coleman has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) CB Marc Ryan has committed to Wisconsin

=============== #16 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Penn State won 69-13 against Indiana (2-3).
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #19 Clemson (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) FS Sam Thompson has committed to Connecticut
    - (****) TE Tommy Smith has committed to Penn State
    - (****) WR Fred Horne has committed to Ohio State
    - (*) P Josh Clark has committed to Penn State

=============== #19 Clemson Tigers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 41-7 against Georgia Tech (0-4).
    This week, the Tigers travel to University Park to face the #16 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LOLB Darryl Harrison has committed to Clemson
    - (***) DT Teddy Floyd has committed to Clemson

=============== Maryland Terrapins (2-3) ===============
    Last week, Maryland won 49-21 against Duke (2-3).
    This week, the Terrapins are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) RT Mike Douglas has committed to Maryland

2. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Oshiomogho You bitch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Serves you right for stealing Ty whatshisname.

4. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Dont even get me started... Cory F'n King redshirted!

5. hornfaninbama

And he's buried on the depth chart. It'll be at least one more season before he sees significant time.

6. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I think he was #1 on my board all season. I probably woulnt have added him if he wasnt. i dont even think i put much time in on him. I needed at least 1 wisconsin recruit
    all 3 of my TEs return next year so He'll get a redshirt and be in my 2 TE packages as a frosh afterwards

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

wake finally gets some signings!

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oshiomogho when can you play? I saw it'll be an easy win for ya so just let me know and I'll let you walk over the Wolverines

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well I'm resigning from Virginia at the end of the season. I'm going with sorry ass Duke, should be a fun job and you won't hear any bitching from me since I know what I'm getting myself into.

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Now that I can get behind.

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Thinkin its about time for some content to stir this bitch up.

12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

that's mighty kind of you. Ill be free at like 830 est or so. like an hour. and ill be free all night

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Why? You need to get your recruiting together...

14. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm just sick of Virginia, recruiting isn't the issue.

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Duke won't be ANY easier.. probably harder dude.

16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I understand that, but I just feel like starting from the bottom of the barrel. I mean sure I will get my ass just utterly handed to me but it will be worth it once I turn them around.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#3 Wake Forest 49
    @
    NC State 35

The Wolfpack came to play today, as they were looking for revenge after the shellacking they received last season from the Deacons. Coach UofCWildcat is long gone from the program, and there appeared to be a fire that wasn't there last season. Wake controlled this one early as they took a 27-7 lead into halftime, then Wolfpack QB Brosius proceeded to dominate the Wake defense, leading a flurry of scoring drives. A sack fumble and return later, Wake was down 28-35 on the road to a hostile rival and a raucous crowd.

With RB Khiry Sutton out, and FB Ben Emert just not fast enough to provide the running game necessary, Coach Kasper took RB Drew Brown's redshirt away and told him to get his ass into the game. The true freshman busted onto the scene, taking his first collegiate carry 43 yards to the house. The Deacon defense came alive and forced a 3 and out, and 2 plays later, Brown was racing away again, this time to a 74 yard touchdown run. NC State began to answer however, as Brosius was again starting to get into a groove with his WR's. At the blink of an eye, All Everything linebacker Zachary Allen intercepted a pass and made it all the way down to the 14 yard line. Drew Brown pounded away and eventually cashed one in from 4 yards out, giving the San Marcos, TX product three touchdowns in the fourth quarter alone. Wake would stop NC State and run out the clock to win this thriller 49-35.

CoachRedd HOLY SHIT REDD, am I fucking happy I beat you for that RB (was that 4 star athlete you came up late on), dude single handily just saved my undefeated season I think.

The defense must get better, as they gave up an embarassing 462 yards of offense to Wolfpack.

"We need to get back to a more controlled offense. Right now we are just kind of slinging the ball around the field and banking on our receivers being better then the defensive backs. It has gotten us through this point, but I promise we will examine a more steady and methodical approach next week. I expect us to play lights out next week after this showing, on both sides of the ball. But about the defense? They made me sick today." -- Coach Kasper

Wake will head to Florida State next week. The Seminoles are currently ranked #22 in the nation. Coach Kasper is undefeated vs FSU so far in his Wake tenure.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

= http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony

19. hornfaninbama

#18 Nebraska Dominates Minnesota
    Huskers Win in Rout 52-14
    Lincoln, NE- Nebraska continued their strong start by destroying Minnesota behind a dominant run game. The Huskers had 3 backs rush for more than 100 yards and score multiple TD, led by Bret Davis' 175 yards and 3 TD on 23 carries.
    Nebraska ran it early and often and didn't even attempt a pass in the second half. All told the Huskers ran the ball 54 times for 441 yards and 7 TD. Adam Gore chipped in with 15 carries and 138 yards and 2 TD, and SR RB Aaron Green tallied 121 yards on 13 carries and he scored twice also. The passing game was an afterthought this week. "I knew if we could run the ball well to start the game we wouldn't have to throw much."
    Nebraska only went to the air when necessary so Brion Carnes finished the day 2-7 for 24 yards, both completions went to SO TE Jason Robinson. As dominant as the run game was for the Huskers the Blackshirts made life very difficult on the Golden Gophers offensive line and QB.
    David White led the team with 5 tackles (all solo), but Todd Peat had the best game of his career with 4 tackles, 4 for loss, and 3 sacks. Most of the day it looked like Nebraska's defense had planned a party in the Gophers backfield and the QB was the meeting place. Nebraska sacked Minnesota's QB 9 times and forced 1 interception.
    Nebraska has Illinois at home next week before beginning a tough stretch of games to end the season. "I am proud of the way our guys have fought back from last season to show how much better they are than they showed last season. But we have a long way to go. We still have games against Iowa who is very good this year, and Michigan who is the 2 time defending Big 10 Champ plus an always tough Penn State team. We won't catch a break from here on out and I plan to push our guys in practice so they can perform to their best."

• Like Like x 1
  20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Can you play now?

21. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

yes i can. actually just turned the sysem off but here I come

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

streamin oshi?

23. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea he is

24. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 31
    Wisconsin 0

Michigan handles Wisconsin on the road as they shut them out, 31-0. The Michigan defense came to play today and took care of the Badgers offense on several different occasions. The defense forced 6 turnovers, 4 interceptions, 2 that were returned for touchdowns, and 2 fumbles. One a strip, the other just a huge hit stick. Wisconsin had trouble getting anything going today, and when they did start to get something rolling, they would turn the ball over and Michigan would take over. The scoring started with Justice Hayes scoring from 5 yards out for a touchdown, and then Taylor returning an interception 50 yards for a TD. Michigan did get the ball back with 40 seconds left in the 2nd at about their own 30 yard line, with time outs, but the usually aggressive coach decided to run the clock out since they would receive the ball to start the 2nd half. Michigan would pick up where they left off in 3rd where Devin Gardner would have a 21 yard strike to Matt Herron for a TD. In the 4th, with things well in hand, Michigan decided to not get aggressive in the red zone and be safe with kicking 3 to go up 24-0 early in the 4th. They would then pick off Gandy again and Pre Season All American Blake Countess returned it for a touchdown. Michigan had the ball in scoring position, but kneeled on 4th down. The coaching staff however looked confused when Wisconsin would call a timeout on their next drive to stop the clock instead of just ending the game. After struggling early, it looks like the Wolverines have finally hit their stride.

25. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

it was a tough loss. I was mentally gone by the 4th quarter. played a tight first half but the pick 6 and fumble killed me. could have easily been a tie or even a badger lead. but it wasnt. and i couldnt dig out of it. basically abandoned the running game when my starter got hurt on the hit stick fumble. I started throwing it at defenders and it got ugly.

I thought I was playing good defense too even when it felt like his HB had too many huge holes. But giving up 14 points on 2 pick 6's kill

i hope to get my rematch in the B10 championship