Season 4 Week 8

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CoachRedd, Jan 7, 2012.

1. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #9 North Carolina Tar Heels (6-1) ===============
    Last week, North Carolina won 31-17 against Virginia (3-3).
    This week, the Tar Heels will host Georgia Tech (0-5).
    In recruiting news, the following North Carolina targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Lawrence Robbins has committed to Wake Forest
    - (***) LE Corey Mitchell has committed to North Carolina

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Virginia lost 31-17 against North Carolina (6-1).
    This week, the Cavaliers travel to Knoxville to face the #20 Tennessee Volunteers (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Virginia targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) CB Darrell Bailey has committed to Virginia

=============== Purdue Boilermakers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Purdue won 31-21 against Michigan State (1-4).
    This week, the Boilermakers will host #21 Penn State (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Purdue targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Lawrence Williams has committed to Kentucky
    - (****) DT Josh Smith has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) HB Cory Edwards has committed to Purdue
    - (****) CB Nate London has committed to Purdue

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Michigan won 31-0 against Wisconsin (3-3).
    This week, the Wolverines will host Michigan State (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) C Ryan Whitlock has committed to Oregon
    - (****) C Brandon Williams has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) SS Michael Beverly has committed to TCU

=============== #12 Iowa Hawkeyes (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Hawkeyes were idle.
    This week, the Hawkeyes travel to Evanston to face the Northwestern Wildcats (2-4).

=============== #15 Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Nebraska won 52-14 against Minnesota (2-3).
    This week, the Cornhuskers will host Illinois (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Andy Ingraham has committed to Kansas State

=============== #2 Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Wake Forest won 49-35 against NC State (2-4).
    This week, the Demon Deacons travel to Tallahassee to face the Florida State Seminoles (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Wake Forest targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Terrence Robinson has committed to Tennessee
    - (****) ROLB Daryl Little has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) LE Lawrence Robbins has committed to Wake Forest
    - (****) LOLB Ryan Newsome has committed to Ohio State
    - (****) LOLB Kenan Austin has committed to Wake Forest

=============== #17 Wisconsin Badgers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Wisconsin lost 31-0 against Michigan (5-1).
    This week, the Badgers travel to Bloomington to face the Indiana Hoosiers (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) CB Clayton Darby has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) C Brett Davis has committed to Miami

=============== #21 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-2) ===============
    Last week, Penn State lost 23-3 against Clemson (5-1).
    This week, the Nittany Lions travel to West Lafayette to face the Purdue Boilermakers (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Corey Austin has committed to Penn State
    - (****) MLB James Henderson has committed to Penn State
    - (****) RT Isaac Browning has committed to Notre Dame
    - (****) WR Maurice McCarty has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #13 Clemson Tigers (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Clemson won 23-3 against Penn State (4-2).
    This week, the Tigers will host NC State (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LE Marcus Berry has committed to NC State
    - (***) SS Brandon Barnes has committed to Clemson
    - (***) SS Eric Jackson has committed to USF

=============== Maryland Terrapins (2-3) ===============
    Last week the Terrapins were idle.
    This week, the Terrapins travel to Chestnut Hill to face the Boston College Eagles (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) LT Kyle Brown has committed to West Virginia

=============== #24 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Hokies were idle.
    This week, the Hokies will host Duke (2-3).

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Landed Robbins -- holy shit I'm even surprised fuzzyl0gic I thought for sure you would steal him after he visited you.

Lost two big time guys though.. shiiiit on that CB and Newsome..

3. CoachRedd

Morton soft committed to you as well...you must have really improved your head game.

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol-- I thought for sure your visit was scheduled for this week as well; I may have time to land him before he can step foot on your campus.

5. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Jesus Christ. I can't sign a lineman I save my life. I think I have lost 3 or 4 this year.

6. CoachRedd

Money talks... ask Willie Lyle

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

#2 Wake Forest 28
    @
    FSU 31

Straight up beat us. Sousa overthrew a wide open Matt James on fourth down. My starting RB disappeared off the field in the fourth quarter, but Brown did fine- I'm not sure what happened though.

*sigh*

I knew it would be tough- their A's across the board and they were burning my young DB's all game. This one hurts, but we'll be alright.

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Xbox froze while leaving the game.. will super sim until i lose-- just a heads up since it will show restarts I think.

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Tough loss. I think my CPU game with Ohio State will be tough in the next couple weeks. They were tough last year, but turned it over a lot. Unfortunately my XBOX froze following the game and I was nice NFG and had Fuzzy sim.... The SIM PSU lost 31-7 after I won 24-7. *SIGH*. Well, at least I made a bowl! =D

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

yeah definitely a tough loss but we still control our conference destiny. This team wasn't NCG material, but I thought maybe we could slip in if I found a way to run the conference and CCG table.

11. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Michigan 48
    Michigan St. 27

Michigan continues to own this rivalry as they put together another win over a B1G opponent after shutting Wisconsin out the week before. For the first time all season, Devin Gardner looked like the QB everyone thought he would be in the pre season. He threw for over 300 yards and had 3 touchdowns to no interceptions. He also rushed for another score. Justice Hayes continued his stellar season with 21 carries for 165 yards and a touchdown. He also had 35 yards receiving. After gaining a big lead, the Michigan defense started to shut down before the game was over. Michigan St. added some points, but overall, Michigan completely dominated this game. Michigan will travel to play Minnesota this next week, then have back to back games against Nebraska and Iowa which will tell them how they'll finish in the conference.

12. hornfaninbama

Nebraska Tops Illinois 52-24
    Huskers Pull Away in 4th
    [​IMG]

Lincoln, NE- Bret Davis may soon get his likeness carved into the Mount Rushmore of Nebraska running backs alongside Mike Rozier, Lawerence Phillips, and Ahman Green. Davis topped the 200 yard mark for the 2nd time in 4 games, rushing for 204 yards and 2 TD. The only game of the last 3 where he hasn't gone for more than 200 was last week against Minnesota when he ended the 3rd quarter with 175 and didn't return. Over his last 4 games Davis has rushed for 688 yards and 8 TD's. Davis even had an answer for critics who said he lacked explosiveness by breaking a 74 yard TD run straight up the middle in the 2nd quarter.

Brion Carnes had a solid game under center for the Huskers going 10-19 for 250 yards and 3 scores with 1 interception and added a TD run of 27 yards on an option keeper. Jason Robinson caught a 21 yarder, Jerrell McDonald caught a 63 yarder and Jamaal Turner caught a 16 yarder. Sophomore TE Willie Ransom caught 3 balls and broke the 100 yard mark for the first time in his career with 101 yards. Ransom broke 2 short passes for long gains that helped set up 2 Husker TD's.

David Santos led the Blackshirts with 12 tackles 8 of them solo, and Sophomore SS Corey Burns picked up 4 and a sack. David White picked off a pass and so did Anthony Timmons who returned his for a TD to ice the game in the 4th. Aaron Green may win his second straight returner of the year award if he continues to play the way he has ththe beginning of the season. He returned 5 kicks for 186 yards giving him a 37 yard average. His longest return was 48 yards.

Next week the Huskers will travel to Iowa City to take on the Hawkeyes in what is shaping up to be a HUGE game for the Big 10 title race. This is the last easy game for the Huskers over the next 3 weeks, as they'll play Michigan and Penn State in back to back weeks following the Iowa game. Coach Bulgy was happy that Carnes didn't show any rust from the last few weeks when Davis was carrying the offense. "We wanted to get him some work and get his confidence up, obviously when you have a back run for 200 yards it makes the passing game a little easier, but we have got to get a handle on our pass protection."

Coach Bulgy was upset at his Oline at several points in the game, most notably when the Huskers were in field goal range at the end of the second half, only to have back to back sacks knock them out of range. Bulgy also said that he was pleased with Mauro Bondi's performance this week despite 2 misses. "He missed from 62 and 64 yards. And even then only by a hair. If he has the wind at his back I think he could hit one from the opposite goal line."

Nebraska should enter next weeks game against Iowa a in the top 15. The next 3 weeks are essentially a playoff schedule for the Husker's. If they beat Iowa next week, then the game against Michigan will be a division championship game. If they don't then when Iowa and Michigan meet that will be the division championship game.

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Virginia 35
    Tennessee 7

Well after losing to UNC the Cavaliers rebounded against the #20 team in the country. The Cavaliers find themselves to be extremely inconsistent and can't just find a way to win. But today they shocked the nation with a huge win. Watford is known for throwing interceptions just like Metheny was, but Watford was 13-21 for 202 yards and 3 TD's. The defense played out of their mind forcing 4 interceptions and forcing 1 fumble. The Cavaliers have a bye week and then take on Miami.

14. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

Duke - 7​
    Virginia Tech - 62​
    Tonight marked a new era at Virginia Tech. Just a week removed from the death of Coach Frank Beamer, who died in a fucking fire, Virginia Tech took the field with their new coach, TD. He wasted no time installing his high-tempo, spread option offense and his stingy 4-2-5 defense. The defense forced 5 turnovers and sacked Duke QB Anthony Boone 5 times. The offense racked up 463 yards (311 yards on the ground and 152 yards through the air).​
    "This team really came out tonight and executed well. They have picked up the offense incredibly fast, and the defense is unbelievable. We still have a long way to go to get where we need to be. I think we did a great job pounding the football. We're a fun offense to watch, we get everyone involved. We have a lot of guys that get carries for us, QB's, HB's, WR's, etc. We have a long road ahead of us this season, so things only get harder from here. Week 11 we're at Maryland and then week 12 at UNC and then we finish the season at home with Virginia. Our season has really yet to begin, and everyone involved here is ready."
    Stats Leaders
    Mark Leal - 8/12 passing 152 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception / 11 carries 43 yards, 1 touchdown​
    Nick Johnson - 20 carries 99 yards / 3 receptions 21 yards​
    Tony Sanders - 14 carries 79 yards, 1 touchdown​

15. CoachRedd

A moment of silence everyone for Coach Beamer.... RIP Beamer.

16. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

Lol.

17. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Clemson cruises past NC State:
    Clemson stays undefeated in ACC play after 69-20 victory over NC State. The Tigers started off the game down 10-0 after CB Bashaud Breeland got absolutely torched by NC State WR Hakeem Flowers for a 66 yard TD reception, and then QB Tony McNeal threw his only pick of the day, which lead to a NC State FG. After the 1st Quarter blunders Tony McNeal threw two TDs to WR Martavis Bryant and WR Charone Peake. Once Clemson took the lead they didn't look back. The offense completely dominated the game finishing off with 764 total yards, with a 80% 3rd down efficiency, 15 1st downs, and only one turnover. The player of the game was Heisman Candidate Mike Bellamy as he had 131 rushing yards off of 18 attempts and 2 TDs. He also had 2 receptions for 72 yards, 1 TD and a 102 yard Kickoff Return for a TD.

The 1st teamers on defense kept on fire by limiting The Wolfpack to only 13 points and forcing 3 turnovers, 2 picks and one fumble. The charge was lead by SR MLB Tony Steward and SS Desmond Brown with 7 total tackles and a sack. The speed the Tigers have on defense has killed opponents all year and they look to feast on a wounded Maryland team next week.

18. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

19. fuzzyl0gic

BPHusker JQwon texted me and said he can play later this evening/tonight when his company leaves.

20. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I sent him a PM that I am pretty busy this afternoon. I might be able to get a game in tonight... 8PM or so central.

21. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

I will play it this evening once I get home from the library. Is that good @fuzzylogic ?

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

23. fuzzyl0gic

I'll text him and tell him to look for you around 8 PM central then.
    No problem man.

24. Total Doubt

Total Doubt Walk On

Anyone feel like playing an unranked lobby game for some practice?

25. hornfaninbama

CoachRedd I won't be able to play tomorrow night because of the bama game. But Tuesday night I'll be free whenever