Season 5 (2015) - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by gowazzucougs, Oct 4, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Post em

2. gowazzucougs

Penn St 41
    Boise State 0

Penn St knocks out Boise Early

Coach WhyGod had to make a tough preseason decision between starting Sophomore Jeff McBride or Junior Derrick Lewis. It appears he choose correctly as Derrick Lewis has quite a first half throwing 16/24 for 423 yards 3 TDs and 1 INT. The backups played the entire second half, and Jeff McBride showed he is not starter ready going 0-5 with 2 picks.

Coming off a 50+ Rec, 1000+ yard, and 12 TD freshman season, Ed Hall hit the ground running. Hall got behind the safety 3 times in route to 216 yards and 3 TD on 5 catches. After the departure of Flanagan last season Freshman Ryan Harris stepped up into the WR #4 spot. Harris looked good working the middle of the field but a dropped TD in the closing seconds of the first half may lead to a TE moving into the important #4 slot.

*It was very fun to play with the new team

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

gowazzucougs Thanks for taking care of that, though your just enabling my laziness :)

4. gowazzucougs

It is okay.

5. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

#16 Oklahoma 21
    Nebraska 45

A game of highs and lows for the Huskers in opener against former rival Oklahoma. New QB Jamal Turner threw for 316 Yards!! but also only completed 36% and had 3 Ints. The running game was solid as usual as the freshmen trio recruited 3 years ago is all on the field at once now. WR Roberts had 175 yards receiving but also had 3 drops to contribute to the 7 total drops out there today. The defense did well between the 20s but had trouble with the Oklahoma Spread no Huddle, they were able to limit their trips to the endzone though. A solid win to open the season though

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Texas 37 @ Cal 17

17-17 into halftime, but the 3rd play of the second half my 90 rated rb strains his peck and can't return. The offense then grinds to a halt as we only produced 138 yards on the day. The Cal tds were on returns by the D and kickoff return units.

I'm so frustrated with my team after this game. I thought I had shored up some positions, but my oline still is struggling to block either d-end and my d backfield got absolutely TORCHED giving up a 24-33, 328 yard 1 td performance to Texas qb Lee. Then my d line gives up a 10 play drive to end the game when I needed a stop outside of 4 minutes and never saw the ball again. Matter fact, I think we gave up 3 scoring drives of 10+ plays. Unacceptable and we are reevaluating our 4-3 scheme, particularly the amount of subs I have rotating. Its obvious that I need the continuity to create a pass rush. We were dominant early, creating 2 sacks, and forcing a fumble. But after that I don't think we managed the backfield much.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA - 23
    Notre Dame - 37

:doodie:

No offense for the Bruins in this one. We still had the lead at half but turnovers and the lack of a solid running game and the total lack of confidence in either of my QB's lead to the lose at South Bend. The road doesnt get an easier for the Bruins as they head to Wisconsin to take on the Badgers.

8. gowazzucougs

#24 Georgia 34
    WSU 10

Basically WSU was out manned in this game. Georgia simply moved the ball down the field and did whatever it wanted against the Cougs. WSU did pull it within 2 touchdowns with about three minutes to go in the game, but but two late scores made this a blow out. Coach Worgum wants to thank the scheduling committee for this game, next time just give me LSU if you want to keep my team down.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

USC goes on the road and dominates Ole Miss 62-21.

The offense was crisp (aside from 4 sacks allowed), as RS junior QB David Chandler went 15-20 for 258 yards and 4 TD's. His backup, RS sophomore Luke Robinson, came in during the 3rd quarter and went 4-5 for 86 yards and 3 TD's. The running was keyed by sophomore Mark Davis who had 146 yards on 20 carries, and the receiving corp was led by WR Adrian Garcia (4 catches, 139 yards, 3 TD's) and TE Ricardo Bower (6 catches for 86 yards, 1 TD).

The defense was pitching a shutout until the backups came in for the 4th quarter and allowed 3 TD's.

Up next is a bye followed by a visit from Coach Worgum and WSU.

11. gowazzucougs

You are going to be the one crying after Saturday night.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

UCLA @ #3 Wisconsin

--The Badgers pull out the home win 41-24 as the the defensive front dominates and the offense does just enough. The Badgers had 6 sacks, a fumble recovery for a td, and a kick return touchdown while giving UCLA quarterback Hundly fits. Melvin Gordon only had 7 carries on the day but gained 117 yards and scored two touchdowns.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Hundley kills me...2 fumbles on the day. The game was actually a game until the 4th quarter. Gordon was a quick little bastard and I just couldnt seem to catch him! GG Cole, as always.

14. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

Arizona starts off strong. The Wildcats D holds FSU to 10 points and scores a touchdown. The offense started slow but was able to score a few times to seal a victory for the Wildcats.

15. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Cal 0
    Nebraska 21

This game was an old school battle of the lines on both sides of the ball. The Nebraska defense did an excellent job holding Cal to only 107 total yards (both teams were under 100 yards passing) and forcing 4 interceptions. The highlight of the game came after QB Jamaal Turner threw an INT that looked to be headed back for a TD only to make the saving tackle at the 3 yard line, afterwards the defense came out and kept The Golden Bears out of the endzone on 3 straight runs.

The running game of Nebraska proved to be the difference as they ran it 39 times for 199 yards and 2 TDs. Good Game Jayrah

16. Jayrah

GG I really had a chance in this one but my oline is so patchwork its not funny. Game swings included:

-Down 7-0 after a masterful first drive by the Nebraska O, Nebraska late in the 2nd qtr is trying a 47 yard fg. Even after looking at the strength of the kicker in film study I decided to come after it. I had absolutely no thoughts that it wouldn't go right down the middle because noone has missed vs me in 3 seasons outside of 2 blocks (and several near blocks). Timing was just a smidge late and I run into the kicker to.give a fresh set of downs after kicker came up 5 yards short. Nebraska took advantage and made it 14-0.

-had a chance late in the 1st half but couldn't move 7-10 yds for fg range. In fact I got sacked twice.

-the afore mentioned goalline stand not only prevented what could've been a 7 point game early in the 4th, but opened up Nebraskas devestating knockout td to make the final.

Again gg. My oline is worse than I believed they could be.

17. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Roughing the kicker? WTF I didn't even know that was possible, tough break man. I never try to block field goals because i think it's pointless but I've notice recently that my cpu guys come in free and get close a lot.

18. Jayrah

Yeah I've gotten at least 3 or 4 xps and a couple cpu field goals. I have not yet got a user block though...

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Penn St 55
    NC St 8

Second team gets some work as PSU crushes NC St

PSU jumped on the wolf pack early and often. PSU QB Derrick Lewis found himself on the field for nearly the entire first half as NC st could do nothing offensively. Lewis converted his opportunities into 395 and 5 TD. Backups closed out the game in the second half, RS(Freshman) HB Greg Hill got a chance to shine gaining 114 yards in the 4th quarter. PSU lost their 4th WR Ryan Harris for 4 weeks. TE Vincent Butler and Senior WR Allen Robinson will be competing for the open playing time over the next few weeks.

20. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Arizona @ #3 Wisconsin

Badgers overcome early turnovers make QB change and defensive adjustments to make epic comeback.

Trailing 23-7 early in the 4th quarter the Badgers decided to bench ineffective quarterback Paul Thomas for Sophmore Dustin Sims and it paid dividends immediately. Sims was able to find wide receiver Marcus Frazier on a 51 yard bomb on his first possesion to awaken the Badger crowd and give the home team a slight chance.

The Badgers defense continued to struggle though as the Wildcats wasted no time driving into Badger territory. Expecting a quick drag route our D-Coordinator dropped massive DE Wil Malone into a short zone and although Malone wasn't able to stop the catch he was able to lay out the fatigued Arizona tight end and fellow end Hayes scoop the ball and took it deep into enemy territory. It only took one play for the Badgers to capitalize as Melvin Gordon took a toss and ran in untouched form 8 yards out igniting the home crowd.

Again the Badgers defense needed to come up big and with 2:30 left and a 3rd down situation they did. Not fearing anything over the top the home decided to double the slot underneath route and Arizona quarterback had to force the ball down the sideline into coverage where it was intercepted by true sophmore cornerback Roberts. It only took five balls to hands of Badger defenders but it was worth the wait.

Only trailing 23-21 the Badgers methodically took their time driving the field but needed a conversion on 4th and 3 after a tight end drop the play before. Not wanting to get the same outcome we dialed up a play to get senior Donny Jones one on one in space and he got wide open for a quick first down and run bringing the Badgers into field goal position. After another first down the Badgers tried to center the ball but a freakish blitz floored the quarterback before he could even hand it off.

So after a couple kneels the stage was set for kicker wil Franklin to win yet another game at the buzzer for the Badgers, and as he always does, he put it straight down the middle giving the Badgers a 24-23 win.

21. Jayrah

Cal defeats ASU 45-24

The golden Bears started slow with 3 straight turnovers m, but Bigelow rushed for over 100 and a td, and Boehm threw for 388 and 5 tds during the win.

Now Cal faces a pesky Arizona team.

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

USC beats WSU (on AP) 52-7.

Try as I might, the WSU team was determined to get demolished in this one, as they turned over the ball on 4 of their first 13 plays, and were running no huddle 4-wides when down 30 points. I started taking knees in the 2nd half when my backup offense got into the red zone to keep the score from getting any worse.

23. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Stanford D Sacks Bruins

#6 Stanford: 23
    UCLA: 0

For the first quarter and a half, a viewer could have sworn he was watching a prep football game. The two teams combined had 27 yards of offense, and the 3 points score up to that point were off of an interception in bruin territory. From there on, one team would (sightly) pick up the pace, while the other was left in the dust.

A lot of credit should go to the Stanford defense, who were in the UCLA backfield on every single play. The havoc craeted by the D line, particularly on passing plays, resulted in UCLA having gained 14 yards of total offense for the game. This included 12 sacks on the game, and six of those were by DT Tyrone Jackson (not user controlled). The running game for the Bruins was ineffective as well, as Stanley gained only 30 yards on 10 carries - not enough to offset the losses by the two UCLA quarterbacks.

Stanford's offense was not much better, but it did enough to get the job done. Throughout the second half, the Cardinal benefited from short fields to add on to their thirteen point lead. Kelsey Young put the final nail in the coffin with a fifteen yard toss play to the outside for a touchdown.

Next up for Stanford, the epitome of a trap game. With Michigan on the horizon in 2 weeks, Stanford needs to avoid overlooking Arizona State.

24. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Penn St 59
    Northwestern 21

Easy Victory for PSU

The Loins were hungry, and had NU grabbing there ankles early and often. Derrick Lewis came out on fire hitting his first 10 passes in a row. Lewis exposed the talentless NU defenders worked the middle until NU loins got deep into their secondary.

Lewis had his best day yet completing 19 of 26 passes for 370 yards and 6 total TDs. With NU still hanging around after the half, Lewis was able to take his first second have snaps of the season to secure the 4 score lead. In the forth Freshman HB Greg Hill came in and literally steam rolled the NU defense on his way to 122 yards on 6 carries. Hill looks like, with playing time, he could be a special player for the next few years.

25. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

How can you miss a 50 yard field goal short after connecting with a 53 yard kick earlier in the game having the same wind at your back and full power on the meter! God I hate this game.