Season 5 Bowl Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 9, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

nope that sucks.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

lol...

told you he'd get snubbed fuzzyl0gic .. but yeah that sucks cougs

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Georgia holds off late Michigan State run.

#12 Michigan State - 35

Georgia - 36

Michigan State was down 20-0 at halftime and Coach Masler needed to fire them up. Whatever he said must have done the job as MSU would reel off 14 points in the 3rd quarter but UGA would also get another score to make it 27-14. The fourth quarter saw us down 27-21 after Mitchell powered his way into the endzone when the Georgia QB ran 50+ yards before being tackled at the 2 yard line. It wouldn't take much for the Bulldogs to gain a 33-21 lead. Then they did something foolish, they went for 2. It was a horrible play that blew up in their face, keeping the score at 33-21. Cook would find Caeser wide open deep just a couple plays later to make this a 5 point game. Georgia would spin their wheels allowing MSU get the ball with just over 3 minutes. This time we worked the clock down to 30 seconds or so before Mitchell would drive into the endzone yet again to take the lead, 35-33. Unfortunately the Heisman bug would bite and Georgia HB Larson would rush 40 yards, mowing over FOUR State defenders before finally being taken down. Georgia would work the remaining 10 seconds like pros, getting to the 5 yard line with 3 seconds left. We tried to ice them but the kid would not budge, knocking through the short kick and draining the rest of the clock, 36-35. The Dawgs secure the narrow upset but taking down a ranked team.

Michigan State loses after making a great recovery on the season. A disappoinment but at least we can say we have what it takes. We finish 8-5.

Stats.

C. Cook - 20/30, 297 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    C. Mitchell - 26 Att, 128 yards, 2 TD,
    J. Caesar - 4 Rec, 67 yards, TD
    J. Cole - 4 Rec, 75 yards
    A. Sims - 5 Rec, 102 yards, TD
    D. Lee - 3 Rec, 32 yards, TD
    T. Jones - 8 Tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 INT (one handed)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Opening Kickoff Set Tone of Game
    #8 Penn State 34​
    #23 Alabama 9​
    Following a return on the opening kickoff by Markell Cameron, Penn State looked to be on a mission. After being snubbed by the BCS following the B1G Championship loss to #1 Michigan, Penn State felt they had something to prove and they did just that. The defense came up big on Bama's first drive, when a blitzing corner stripped the Alabama RB and the fumble was returned 72 yards by MLB Barrett for a TD. On the ensuing Alabama drive, they made another mistake, throwing an interception to CB Scott. Penn State had to settle for a field goal. Both teams traded FGs in the 2nd quarter and touchdowns in the 3rd. PSU's McIntosh hooked up with Markell Cameron for a 55 yard TD pass for his only TD on the day. Penn State put another score on the board when Heisman contender Derrick Johnson took it 80 yards on a counter to the endzone.​
    Penn State had a great year, only losing to the talented Michigan Wolverines. None could have expected the big jump from year 2 to year 3. Next season could be tough because they lose playmakers on both sides of the ball.​
    EDIT: I can't center the logos. I selected both and hit center and it put them on separate lines. Masler, how did you get yours to center correctly?​

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  8. Masler

Masler Moderator

You have to Center it first and then add the logos.

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Thanks!

10. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I don't mind losing fairly, but it pisses me off when the CPU screws me over for it to happen.

3 TDs called back on holding calls, one on the QB and one on the guy who scored. The one on my QB was he game tying score in the 4th.
    6 picks 5 of which were tipped by my WR.
    Giving my top 2 QBs injuries. Loved burning a redshirt in the bowl game.
    Taking out my best player on offense and defense for 2 quarters.

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Wisconsin finishes season on a high note with win over TCU 54-36 in Sugar Bowl

More of the same for Wisconsin, very poor defense but a lot of big plays. McDonald, Picciuto, Bridges and Brown each hauled in interceptions while Bridges and Brown each reached the endzone. And in Kenzel Doe's first game back as KR since his injury midseason, he was a terror with 219 yards on 4 returns with a 97 yard score. and AGAIN, freshman Kicker Corey Mack won POTG.
    Offense was intense. The TCU pass rush was unblockable all day. Mayo got his butt kicked but the Badgers turned to Gordons legs. Mayo was sacked as many times as he completed passes. Gordon carried the rock a season high 30 times for 201 yards and 1 score. Rogers also came in to steal a TD. Gordon ends the year with career highs 1678 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns. The more impressive stat was that in the more pass happy Badgers offense this year, the Badgers 3 headed monster backfield averaged 8.0, 7.8, and 7.4 yards per carry. Only Heisman winner Adam Gore was better then any of them with his 8.6

the most incredible stat on the year is 31 nonoffensive touchdowns for the badgers this year. In comparison, the offense only scored 45 total pass/rush

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Ouch that sounds rough.

13. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I will be getting my game in between 4pm est to 11est but i wil play it the earliest i can

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

who's excited for off season?

[​IMG]

15. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Yes sir Cavaliers gain their 6th star!

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

go fuck yourself cougs!

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Whoa all that hostility lol

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

w
    whoops..

19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

When are we starting the offseason?

20. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

930 est is the set time I believe

21. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I'm eating dinner really fast. Please don't advance past Players Leaving if you guys advance to the offseason.

22. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

Gotcha

24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

hey Masler -- get the fuck out of the dynasty so we can keep this advancing..