Season 5 Bowls

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Welcome to Bowl Season!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #4 Yale Bulldogs (12-1) ===============
    Last week, Yale lost 45-44 against Brown (13-0).
    #2 Yale will face #5 Alabama in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== #2 Brown Bears (13-0) ===============
    Last week, Brown won 45-44 against Yale (12-1).
    #3 Brown will face #1 LSU in the BCS National Championship.

=============== Cornell Big Red (7-5) ===============
    Cornell will face Navy in the Military Bowl.

=============== Georgetown Hoyas (8-4) ===============
    Georgetown will face New Mexico State in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

=============== Dartmouth Big Green (7-5) ===============
    Dartmouth will face Central Michigan in the GoDaddy.com Bowl.

=============== Howard Bison (6-6) ===============

=============== Harvard Crimson (4-8) ===============

=============== #22 Bucknell Bison (9-3) ===============
    #24 Bucknell will face Cal in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.

=============== Pennsylvania Quakers (6-6) ===============
    Pennsylvania will face #24 Ohio in the New Orleans Bowl.

=============== Princeton Tigers (2-10) ===============

2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Damn I can't believe they didn't give you a bowl bid Qwigly , that's fucked up.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DirtycashDylan

Nik and I have had far more blowout games against each other than close ones. We just had our closest game ever that I can remember, and definitely the closest with anything on the line. It was the most epic game in Hard4Yard's 5 year history. #2 vs #3 for the Conference and a sure spot in the MNC game. Steamer43 and Bl0ndeRedHead once played a 7 OT game, but the stakes weren't the same.

Nik had a merry Christmas with a pick off a deflection and a Matt Poland fumble that was scooped up by the Brown D for 6. This helped him jump out to an early 24-3 lead before I converted a big 4th and 1 inside my own 5 yard line for a TD to make it a 2 possession game just before half. 24-10 Brown

My D bowed up in the 3rd, aided by 2 back-to-back user picks. We kept Brown scoreless but added 21 to take the lead. 31-24 Yale.

Nik then caught me looking and tossed a bomb behind my SS to tie it up. I then threw a pick and he capitalized. 38-31 Brown. but he left 2:00 on the game clock.

Matt Poland gets knocked out so Sam Ross takes over and shows why he was moved back to QB as his precision accuracy leads Yale down the field. We almost ran out of time before Ross took it in himself with :02 in the game. I paused the game and Nik and I had a chat about how big the next play would be if I went for 2 and the win, but I ultimately decided that, outside a few big plays for long TDs, my D had played well and it'd be best to go to OT. We kick the EP.

38-38

OT

for the conference championship and the first national championship of the Ivy League

I win the toss and go on D and Nik scores easily. My O comes out and also scores pretty easily and I decide to go ahead and go for that 2 now to win the game. I come out in the Sam Ross Gator Heavy and run a PA Sweep with my FB (a receiving FB) heading across the box for the flat. Nik is user covering this FB and he bites on the PA and my guy is wide open. I toss it in there, not too hard, and he catches it in the endzone and as I'm jumping off my couch to celebrate, he's turning upfield....when Nik's chinaman safety Hank Lee hits him and he drops the ball.

Game.

#2 Yale-44
    #3 Brown-45

I've played with Nik a long time and this was the best game we've ever played. I wasn't even that pissed at losing. I think I'm going to name this game "The Drop"

• Like Like x 2
  4. Strick

Strick Walk On

We go from getting a ranked Ohio team to Cal? Interesting, but I'll take it.

ETA:

[​IMG]

Bucknell knocks off Cal 45-26 in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.

It's was the Bison's first ever bowl game and first ever game in a domed stadium.

Ben Brown completed 22/28 passes for 433 yards and 6 TDs in the victory to end his record setting season. The junior will decide whether to forgo his senior year for the NFL coming up.

The Bison faced a strong and talented Cal team. They had a very good QB and some very fast WRs, but the Bucknell defense held strong at multiple times.

The bowl game saw the return of standout WR Brian Vickers who was injured in the 2nd game of the season. Vickers made his return count as he caught 5 balls for 130 yards and 3 touchdowns, 2 of which screen plays which he took the distance.

It was a successful first season for Coach Strickland and the Bison, as the school earned its first ever ranking and bowl win. The Bison hope to build on the success going into next year after another strong recruiting class.

5. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Meh, disappointed myself, however, what bowl committee in RL would offer a spot to a team on a 5 game losing streak? Sucks cause the prestige would have helped in recruiting...

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Just throttled New Mexico St 49-24 and my xbox freezes...this is real F ing annoying.

7. funngunner

funngunner Walk On

Penn (who stole Howard's bowl invite in the middle of the night) had to rally from a 21-point deficit with 6:30 remaining but managed to sneak away from the Big Easy with a 43-42 win over #25 Ohio in the New Orleans Bowl.

Hallelujah, holy shit .... Where's the Tylenol!

• Like Like x 3
  8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

You'll still probably go up a prestige based on your record and current prestige.

9. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I'll play my rematch with Navy this afternoon.

10. DirtycashDylan

You two should just fuck already.

• Like Like x 2
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I will be playing my bowl game at some point tonight. I'll be heading to the airport tomorrow morning. I've arranged for Oshiomogho to do off-season, pre-season, and all other things for me while I am gone. I will be back the night of the 6th, so please wait on me if at all possible.

I'd request a week bye but I know DirtycashDylan has been doing that for all teams the past few seasons.

12. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Yeah the CPU was in its non lose mode in my bowl game. Navy won 35-28. Please put them on my schedule next year. Thx.

13. DirtycashDylan

lol ok. remind me in Preseason

14. DirtycashDylan

#4 Yale-21
    #5 Bama-24

Bullshit game. CPU decided that it'd take Matt Poland out of the game after 4 pass atempts. They also took Shannon Peterson out after 9 rush attempts so I played almost the whole game with Sam Ross and backup RBs.

Ross went 11-24 for 163, 1 TD and 2 INTs. He was NOT helped by the receivers at all. 6 drops-that number seems low-all coming on 3rd downs.

TJ Yeldon broke 5 Yale tackles (a number that also seems low as I counted 3 on just 1 play (while he made another 4 miss entirely(the highlight was saved)))while rushing 21 for 103.

15. Strick

Strick Walk On

Hate it when that happens. They enter "God-mode"

16. DirtycashDylan

Yep, against quality opponents, I'd say I'm about .500 in bowl games.

17. Strick

Strick Walk On

So much for our conference prestige ;)

18. nikpin

Don't worry I just helped It out.

19. DirtycashDylan

ETA?

20. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Yeah in my game Rogers got hurt off the bat and were up 21-0 at half. I get the game close and scores on a kickoff return where the returner breaks like 5 tackles in the middle of the field and score on a TD pass where my defender literally watches the ball sail by his head.

No matter, bring on my 92 speed 90 accel 5 11 QB/ATH.

21. DirtycashDylan

uh oh, Crumb's gonna ball out next year

22. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Yeah, probably get injured in the first game for the season too knowing my luck. However, I do have a backup. lol.

23. DirtycashDylan

I hear ya

24. nikpin

I posted the end of season summary here. http://traditionatwork.com/threads/hard4yards-13-season-5-history-2016.93322/#post-1257049

#2 Brown Bears 31
    @
    #1 LSU Tigers 16

I jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the first half before they tacked on a FG with :01 on the clock. The passing game was pretty much unstoppable in the first half. I had a big goal line stand on LSU's first drive which seemed to turn momentum in my favor. It seemed like the CPU was going to pull the Heisman bowl game cheese in the 2nd half when my receivers just started dropping balls without being hit and any kind of contact was an automatic drop. LSU's QB turned into Peyton Manning placing the ball between 3 defenders and the RB became Jim Brown. It was too little too late though as I was able to run enough clock on the ground to keep the rally at bay.