Season 5 Championship Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Apr 24, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 5 Championship Week

2013 Championship Week!

Next advance deadline is:
    Monday 10pm EDT

Weekly Polls
    Column 1 Column 2
    1 Auburn (36)
    3 VaTech
    5 Florida
    7 Clemson
    10 Tennessee
    12 Georgia
    15 FSU
    17 Virginia

NR Alabama, LSU, Maryland, GT

ESPN Headlines

Gameday

#15 FSU vs #3 VaTech

Should be a good rematch in this one. In their first go around, FSU and Lonnie Pryor dismantled the Tech defense taking a 28-7 win. The big story of the game was the Noles defense's ability to put the clamps down on the Hokies option attack. The Hokies have worked on becoming more balanced lately so we'll see if their new offensive scheme has better success. Only thing on the line for VaTech is a possible shot at a BCS game. No pressure!

#1 Auburn vs #5 Florida

The annual rivalry continues in the SEC championship game (maybe you guys in the West should step up and beat this kid for once!). This is probably the first time the Gators have come into this game as the underdog. Auburn has one of it's most talented teams and Aycock is fueled up as he'll look to avenge last years red zone fumble that cost the Tigers the game. UF has a stingy defense, not that it matters when these teams get together. But the early analysis is this game is squarely on the shoulders of the UF QB position. With only freshman on the depth chart and coming into the biggest game of their lives, will they be able to stay composed and execute against the ball hawking machine that is the Coach Noles defense? Time will tell.

Heisman Watch
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Player Pos Team Last Wk Stats
    D. Aycock HB Aub
    L. Pryor HB FSU
    T. Boyd QB Clem
    D. Wilson HB VT
    J. Reynolds WR OU

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Auburn Tigers defeat Gators for SEC Championship

Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
    UF 7 10 10 7 34
    AUB 0 12 7 22 41

The Auburn Tigers finally prevail in the SEC Championship game against Coach KSherm and the Florida Gators. Florida would open the scoring on quarterback Burton 35 yard TD scramble. Auburn would get a safety to make it 7-2 and then Rollison would hit Jamar Paris to take the lead 9-7. Florida would get the next 10 points and the Tigers would take a FG to the end half down 17-12.
    Auburn would open up the second half and Rollison would be hit and the pass sailed on the WR and would fall into a UF defender's hands and ran back to the TD. Dontae Aycock stepped up on the ensuing KO and returned it 88 yards for the score. UF would end the 3rd quarter to take a 27-19 lead into the 4th. Auburn would start the 4th with an Arnold TD run with the 2 point conversion to tie the game. Matthews would pick UF's next two possessions, one going back 64 yards for a TD. Florida would get back within 7 with 2:18 left and get the ball back to try and tie it but Florida's QB would be pressured and force a throw a pick where Aubrun would kneel to end the ball game.

Team Stats
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    UF AUB
    Score 34 41
    First Downs 16 14
    Total Offense 338 373
    Rushes-Yards-TD 25-95-2 23-109-1
    Comp-Att-TD 17-28-1 16-28-2
    Passing Yards 243 264
    3rd Down 3-8 (37) 3-7 (42)
    4th Down 0-0 0-1
    Redzone-TD-FG 2-1-1 (100) 2-1-1 (100)
    Turnovers 4 3
    Fumble 0 1
    Interception 4 3
    Total Yards 488 603
    Punts-Avg 2-49.0 3-45.0
    Pen-Yards 0-0 3-35
    TOP 15:57 12:11

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Nice win knoles, sim the ACC they dont count anyways.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hey sherm stop apologizing to your picture of tebow and let us hear you side of the story.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    you know it takes a while for Sherm to cope with defeat lmao.

6. GoGators

hahaha, I've been engrossed with trying to beat Assassin's Creed 2 lately...damn game takes forever!

Anyways. It was a great game. I told Noles afterwards that I wasn't even pissed about losing, he earned that one. The two picks that Matthews had in the fourth quarter were extraordinary. I can't believe Noles didn't save the clip. I had two verticles running against his CB in cover 3. Both were open and tried to zip it into the outside guy. (wrong move with a froshie QB with B arm strength). The guy was wide open but Noles took control of Matthews and absolutely jumped the route making an amazing jumping snag and taking it to the house.

Other than that play, the Gators played very well. The defense was on point all game and w/o the TO's, we probably held Auburn under 25 points. Unfortunately I've had youngin QBs all season that's been my downfall.

It was a great game and congrats to Noles on his first SEC championship and likely BCS Champ (we know the ACC won't beat the SEC when it counts).

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

VT- 48
    FSU- 45

The Hokies slip past the Seminoles in one of the best ACC CG of all time. The Hokies down 35-21 at halftime abondoned the running game (Wilson hurt in 1st qtr) and Exum shook off 4 1st half INT's (2 pick 6's) to have the best game of his career throwing for 446yds 3 TD. The Tech defense forced 3 TO's, 3 sacks, and contained All-World RB Pryor. But the player of the game may be the Hokies kicker who hit a 52yder to tie the game with 1:40 left in the 4th and the game winner 33yd with :05 left in the game.

GG Recchem....

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

GG Hokie. I just couldnt stop your passing attack in that second half. I tried just about every play in the book. It was a great game all-around. Good luck in your BCS game!

10. Hokie Effect

I might have had a couple of lucky plays especially on 3rd and long, i.e. tip pass over the middle and the deep sidline tip toe catch. But they say its better to be lcuky than good. Hopefully the ACC schedule works out and we will be able to do it again next season. And if it wasn't for damn USC, I would be playing in the NC game.....

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That fake FG right off the bat helped too. I thought I had that guy covered but he made a great catch. You shut Pryor down pretty much. Seemed like you had 8 guys in the box most of the game, so I had to go to a little more passing than I would have liked. But all in all it was a great game. I hope we can do it again next season.

12. GoGators

Wow, VaTech gets its revenge against the Seminoles. Nice win Hokie and congrats on your 2nd ACC title. Hopefully you'll jump USC and get to play Noles in the BCS.

13. Hokie Effect

Thanks....I don't see a 2 loss team jumping an undefeated team, but I guess you never know what the EA virtual voters are thinking.

14. Hokie Effect

Yeah, I have been wanting to run the fake FG play all year as it seems to work 99% of the time if the defense is running a FG block. I wasn't to confident kicking 50+yd FG as I have not been the best FG kicker in seasons past. You had it covered like you said but my guy jumps out infront of the defender to make a once in a lifetime catch. As far as Pryor, I told myself if you are going to beat me its gonna be in the air. I am just glad Pryor will be gone next season.