Archived Season 5 Coaches Corner

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Bulldog, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name: I Peench

Team: UNC

Why did you choose your team? A personal favorite

What type of offense and defense do you run? Power run/pro on offense, 4-2-5 on defense

Offensive playmaker and why? Jr HB Chris Young. Explosive back who can break tackles and beat you in a number of ways. Is in the Heisman race, but will probably fall short as I split carries between my backs.

Defensive Playmaker and why? All American DE Dennis Oliver (Jr). The best defensive end I've seen in this game, and as complete as one could be at the position. Not only does he get after the quarterback, but he also sets the edge and defends the run very well.

Goals for this season? 4th consecutive natty or bust!!!

Goals for the next few seasons? Samesies

Your ranked #1 right now, do you think you will win out? I have to beat a tough Miami team, but I do believe the schedule sets up favorably. Surprisingly, I'm feeling really good about this Berg-less team.

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? Miami Miami Miami

Which recruit is your must have right now? 4* HB Brandon Williams looks to be a big sleeper out of Wichita Falls, TX. With very little depth at that position, I really need to get him. Will be a tough pull from LSU.

Whats one position you are looking to improve? RG/RT

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? Oregon State is the most underrated, while USC is the most overrated :p

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? Do not sleep on first year QB Andy Sims. Just because I don't have Berg and I'm running a pro-style offense, doesn't mean this guy can't burn you. He's been a pleasant surprise.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

So... for the next few seasons...Steve doesn't want to win any more national championships.

At least that's what I read.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name: MartyWebb

Team: UCLA Brunis

Why did you choose your team? I chose my team for two reasons. The first, was because I love the tradition of the school. Growing up loving Troy Aikman, UCLA had a special place in my heart. I want there to be two great Los Angeles teams. The second, is because a user picked the Trojans, and I had to attempt to keep them in check.

What type of offense and defense do you run? I currently run a Single Back Spread offense. Focuses on spreading the defense to open running lanes, always leaving the defense second guessing on what the play call may be. On defense, I run an aggressive 3-4. My three down lineman are basically worthless, there to clog the middle of the offense, allowing my athletes to shoot around and make plays.

Offensive playmaker and why? It would have to be RB Jacob Riley. He's not rated super high, he's nothing special on paper, but he fights for yards time and time again, and is a great receiving threat out in the open.

Defensive Playmaker and why? CB Ishmael Adams. While his name makes no geographic sense, his placement in the defensive side of the field does. He can sit in a zone and read a quarterback extremely well, and is also a force in stopping the run.

Goals for this season? To make a bowl game, for sure. Also to finish with a .500 or better record against users. I've had extremely poor success against user coaches, and this year I plan on turning it around.

Goals for the next few seasons? Down the road, to match USC in personnel. The Conference titles and stuff will come, as long as I keep improving my roster to be able to afford a poor game, and not be down by 30 points.

Your ranked #15 right now, do you think you will win out? I won't win out. That's a fact. Unless my opposing teams consistently get in accidents before the game and have to forfeit, but I don't have Marshall or the Oklahoma State Women's basketball team on my roster(HUZZAAA!)

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? Every one of them. I like to take it one at a time, and that may be coach speak, but it's true. There are a lot of promising matchups, but if I blow the game TODAY, then those promising matchups TOMORROW don't mean jack shit. {Coach Speak Off} OregonStateUtahUSC

Which recruit is your must have right now? HB Josh Meadows. He isn't incredibly fast, or incredibly tough, but he has the juking ability that only people like Baron could appreciate, unless they're playing Oregon State.

Whats one position you are looking to improve? The entire offensive line. We have depth now, but we don't have any outstanding players. We're thoroughly mediocre, something I'd really like to change so that I don't have to keep triple bleaching my QB's jersey.

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under-rated team right now? Well, before I address this question, why the hell does zach hyphenate over-rated but nut under rated? Did Autocorrect do this? I find it odd. I think that Ohio State is overrated, because the conference is a joke, and further more, half of our original owners were fans of theirs. The Buckeyes suck. As for underrated, I'd probably say Oregon. Let's be honest, they're capable, it was just that the horse was steering the rider for so many years in Eugene.

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? Other coaches. We did it, huh? I mean, we all stood in front of the computer, anxiously awaiting who Matt would bullshit us with in his top five. Saw Cheez constantly pulling all of Baron's strings, some hidden sexuality, obviously, but we can see past that. We have called Steve names. From Fuhrer, to cheeser, to Zach's kryptonite. Saw and I were outsiders, and now we're one of the boys. Baron is still an outcast, but that's because he likes talking politics, and get the fuck out of here with that. Zach's ugly signatures, to Mike's job taking him to great joys through success, and heartbreak(we're all here for you bud.) We've heard J sound like a real DJ on the podcast, Dan say 'really?' over and over again, and Baron say the word Hoss too much to keep anyone comfortable. All in all, I look forward to playing all of you, and I enjoy shooting the shit. I couldn't have picked a better group of guys who I consider friends. Now before you think I'm too sappy, I will remind you that my dick looks like a Newborn's arm holding a pear, and that I'll be the won laughing when I win the National Championship, and none of you can see it because you're too far up your own ass. Loveeee youuuuu.....meannn ittt.....

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bulldog

Your's cracked me up

6. Bulldog

JFace907 I didn't send you one because you plan on leaving us but if you change your mind and want to stay and hang out let me know and I will PM you the questions :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name: Baron

Team: Utah Utes

Why did you choose your team? They had the exact personnel I wanted to run my system and that's been true ever since. The talent has actually probably dropped off due to my incompetence both in recruiting and during the season... fucking 8-5 I ask you...

What type of offense and defense do you run? As everyone knows by now, I'm probably the only pure spread-option guy left in this league. Started out as 66% runs with PA passes but teams started stacking the box against me so I've had to air it out more than I usually like.

Offensive playmaker and why? This actually isn't as clear cut as people think. The obvious answer is Luke Dunn because he's everything I want in a quarterback: Great arm, great running ability and just runs my offense perfectly. But because sometimes Dunn needs to sit on the bench, cry, and eat a bucket of cookie dough ice cream, I'm going to give this title to Luke Williams, WR. The dude is money no matter who is throwing him the ball.

Defensive Playmaker and why? Right now it's got to be Andre Barrow. SS, FS, no matter where I put him, he's really bailed my ass out. The deep zones for safeties seem to be just... awful in NCAA for some reason, but Barrow has compensated with just flat out speed and the ability to lay the hammer. Close second would be ROLB Pearson.

Goals for this season? To be perfectly blunt: If I don't win a natty THIS year, I might not do it this cycle. That's an awful lot of pressure to put on what is really a mediocre roster (B's across the board) but it's a fact. I'm losing too much hope to make noise NEXT year even if all my juniors come back. And heaven help me if Luke and Luke decide to go to the NFL draft.

Goals for the next few seasons? Probably need to go into rebuilding mode because things could get dicey. At the very least I HAVE to get back to being a 5* or I'll continue to fall woefully behind USC.

Your ranked #16 right now, do you think you will win out? I honestly don't know. What I do know is that I HAVE to win out in order to accomplish anything in PFP this cycle.

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? USC game. I have to win the PAC-12 South to have any hope of getting into the natty. One loss might not kill me if I can go 12-1 with a PAC-12 title and a win over USC. But if that one loss is against USC well... then 12-1 and a nickel will get me .05.

Which recruit is your must have right now? Michael Peoples. #12 ATH. Definitely glad I used my untouchable recruit on him. If I get him, my predictions for this cycle might not be so dire... this guy is THAT good. FASTER than Dunn, coming in as a freshman with a BETTER arm than Dunn did? Uh... yes PLEASE. He provides insurance if Dunn bolts. If not and I can redshirt him....

Whats one position you are looking to improve? CB! Oh for the love of God CB! My secondary is atrocious. Shame that no CB's are interested in coming to Utah. :(

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? I think that Marty is perpetually underrated and just runs into bad luck and good opposition. But then, saying that, I can't leave out Saw-the-Giant-killer-Emoff. As to overrated: Obviously it's Peench. :p

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? That they're a pack of sodomites and vandals the likes of which would make the Persians from 300 blush. That said, you guys have easily made NCAA worth playing. I would have sold the damn disc if it wasn't for you shitheads.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name: Bulldog

Team: USC Trojans

Why did you choose your team? I've always liked USC and I couldn't pass up the best team in the game(year 1) when they fell to the #6 pick in the draft I took them.

What type of offense and defense do you run? I run a pro(pass first) offense, the base PB is Kansas and on defense i run the 3-4.

Offensive playmaker and why? Jeremy Heinz, he is our most experienced offensive player and is probably one of the best athletes in the nation at the moment, the guy can just get it done when we need him to.

Defensive Playmaker and why? Well I have two. The first one has to be SS J.D. Greene with 22 tackles, 2 sack and an interception he is just all over the field for us right now making plays and he also leads the team in tackles. The 2nd would have to be CB Reginald Cook who has 16 tackles and 3 interceptions on the season, this guy is the fastest player in the nation guarantee it(99 speed 95 acceleration).

Goals for this season? To make it back to the National Championship game and WIN it this time.

Goals for the next few seasons? Same.

Your ranked #3 right now, do you think you will win out? I'm not sure if I will win out. I have a pretty tough schedule this season but I'm hoping we show up to play in those games and make it back to the PAC-12 title game and the NC game.

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? Utah and UCLA back to back. I have UCLA at home(would be "home" either way :rolleyes:) but have to travel to Utah week 11 to face Baron and his cheesing Utah squad. :p

Which recruit is your must have right now? C Jacob Richards, I NEED a good center to replace SR Tony Keith. Jacob Richards is 79 overall and is a very good run blocker, his stats are.... 79 pass block, 86 run block and 80 impact blocking.

Whats one position you are looking to improve? HBs, I've got very young running backs at the moment which is a good thing because they will only get better with time. The roster goes SO, FR, FR, FR.

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? Under-rated would have to be Oregon State sawemoff is a very good player. Over-rated of course would have to be North Carolina :p I Peench. Baron we agree on something.

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? I really enjoy this league and I hope we can pick up the activity a little. I know Madden is THE game right now but NCAA is not a bad game and I'm looking forward to my games this season against Baron and MartyWebb I still need redemption for that season 1 ass whipping. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

"Saw-the-Giant-killer-Emoff" haha love it Baron

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good reads here. I enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name: Bucs

Team: Miami Hurricanes

Why did you choose your team? I've been a huge fan of The Canes since forever.

What type of offense and defense do you run? On offense we run a customized pro playbook, with an emphasis on the run. Defensively we run an aggressive 3-4 defense but use a lot of nickel as well.

Offensive playmaker and why? Duke Johnson, he can take it to the house anytime with his 97 speed and 99 acceleration, we love to bring him in as a change of pace in the backfield, and we also use him as a kick returner, punt returner and wide out.

Defensive Playmaker and why? No one guy in particular I seriously feel like my entire D can make plays. SS Chase Holmes or CB Tracy Howard would be the main guys though.

Goals for this season? ACC Title, we need to get over that hump

Goals for the next few seasons? ACC Titles and National Championships.

Your ranked #12 right now, do you think you will win out? I think i've got one or two losses ahead of me but those could easily be wins too.

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? UNC.

Which recruit is your must have right now? #3 QB Matt Hayden , he is a very solid QB and will be a leader for us. We've also got a couple nice CBs coming in with 96 speed and 96 acceleration. Their athleticism will continue the tradition of speed we have on the Miami defense.

Whats one position you are looking to improve? We need to add some depth at the WR position, we've got 3 targets right now and I think we can grab two of them.

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? Over rated? Not really sure, Under-rated would be maybe sawemoff and his Oregon State squad.

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? Nah, you guys have pussed out enough for me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Coach Name:JB Burgdorff sawemoff

Team: Oregon State Beavers

Why did you choose your team? I liked their pro style system and I love rebuilding teams.

What type of offense and defense do you run? I now run a power running offense from multiple looks. Both of my QBs and RBs get a heavy dose of attempts. Defensively I run a 34 zone scheme.

Offensive playmaker and why? True Freshman QB Joshua Taylor. The dude is a straight up beast and is very versatile. His 85 rated QB Accuarcy and 71 Speed allows him to be a threat through the air and on the ground.

Defensive Playmaker and why? SR MLB Jason Vaugh. Vaughn stepped onto the field as a freshman and has played almost every defensive down. His ability to sniff out plays is ridiculous and he is always making tackles or helping his teammates. His is a great leader and will be missed next year.

Goals for this season? Win the PAC 12 Championship

Goals for the next few seasons? Bring home the title

Your unranked right now, do you think you will win out? I should have never lost to begin with but I know what I need to do from now on. I have UCLA on the schedule and just like me has rebuilt that team to be successful. It is going to be a very exciting game and my players will be ready. Other than that game I could trip up anywhere against Cal, Stanford (just like last year) and Washington State.

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? Stanford. They have the unreal Barry Sanders Jr in their back field and I cannot wait for my defense to get ahold of him.

Which recruit is your must have right now? CB. I have two Seniors this year with a whole bunch of young guys. These young guys are just not ready to be starters so I need to go out and get some elite talent for the position.

Whats one position you are looking to improve? TE. We have a tremendous Blocking TE but I need more since I have one in a half their. I say one in a half because I am using a FB (used to be a TE) to help out from time to time. I have my eye on a few so if I can get them I will be happy.

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? Over-rated: UNC; Under Rated: UCLA

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? Fear the Beaver!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Really good stuff guys and great idea Bulldog!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bulldog

Thanks man I used to do these in RMG and a few other leagues I was in. They are awesome and I plan on doing them every season.

15. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

They are awesome man and it is a really cool way for everyone to interact with each other.

16. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

• Like Like x 3
  17. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Content separates the dead from the thriving leagues.

18. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name: Mike Erickson Mike E

Team: Florida State

Why did you choose your team? They were there at the 9th pick, and i couldnt pick a Pac-12 team that I wanted (Wazzu)

What type of offense and defense do you run? Pro Style offense and a 4-3 defense

Offensive playmaker and why? This season its gonna have to finally be Jameis Winston. He has underwhelmed his whole career. The time is now

Defensive Playmaker and why? Matt SMith, MLB. 6'1 and 266 with a 91 ACC and 95 Play recognition means he gets to the ball quickly and with power.

Goals for this season? Hopefully finally winning an ACC title and getting back to a BCS game

Goals for the next few seasons? Stay competitive with the top teams and sneak a title in there somewhere

Your ranked #7 right now, do you think you will win out? Hard to say. Miami, Maryland, and UNC are always trouble.

Any other games you have circled on your schedule? Miami. It's THE game in the state of FLorida

Which recruit is your must have right now? Mike Johnson, CB. We are thinning in the secondary and he will help shore things up

Whats one position you are looking to improve? Linebackers. We always need 3 studs at FSU

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? Hard to answer that one. Let me get back to you

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? That i will be back to normal, schedule wise by wednesday of this week. THings have been crazy lately with the death of one of my kids, and my brother's destination wedding...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  19. Bulldog

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Coach Name:Hakeem Abdul

Team:Maryland Terripans

Why did you choose your team: I love their Uniforms

What type of offense and defense do you run: I run the Mississippi State Spread offense and 4-2-5 on defense.

Offensive playmaker and why: Has to be All-American QB Ernest Parker. He is a stud for us and the center of our offense. He is a playmaker.

Defensive Playmaker and why: Hard to say between FS Chris Smith and MLB Timmy Day. Both have been stupendous and are always making plays on the field.

Goals for this season: In my dreams: Win the ACC and National Championship. Realistically: lol Win 10 games.

Goals for the next few seasons: Hopefully I can recruit good enough to get a team that can win a Natty

Your unranked right now, do you think you will win out: No

Any other games you have circled on your schedule: Oregon State, Miami and FSU

Which recruit is your must have right now: 3:3stars: HB Josh Singleton. Big Power back who is pretty quick. I can't wait to play with him this season

Whats one position you are looking to improve: O-Line

Who do you think is the most over-rated and under rated team right now? Over-rated has to be the whole Pac-12 and Under rated has to be the Miami Hurricanes

Anything you want the other coaches in the league to know? Watch out for the Terripans, especially you Pac-12 Pussies