Season 5 Conf Races

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Jan 23, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

ACC - Both divisions undecided

Atlantic - currently it's a two horse race between FSU (6-0) and Clemson (5-1). These two teams are set to square off next week and that should be the deciding game so long as FSU takes care of NC St this weekend.

Coastal - This one is locked up in the state of Virginia as new HC Reccheem has his Cavaliers (3-1) one game behind rival VaTech (4-0). These two teams will face off in three weeks with potentially the division on the line. VaTech needs big wins on the road against #23 Miami and Maryland to set the stage to host UVA. UVA has entered a 4 week gauntlet this weekend that starts with 3 back to back road games @#15 Clemson, @ GT, @ #8 VT before ending the season at home against Miami. Coach Reccheem sure has his work cut out for him but at least he seems to have his players believing that the division is within their reach.

Should be an interesting couple weeks in the ACC.

SEC

Auburn has clinched the West with a big win over Mississippi last week 36-7. Auburn currently sits at #3 in the nation and has two big SEC games left with UGA and Bama. LSU only has two losses, but they are on the outside looking in as Auburn holds the tie breaker from their big week two win 38-36.

Florida has clinched the East for the 3rd straight season (damn you Psycho otherwise it'd be 5 in a row!) Tennessee sits in 2nd with 3 conference losses.

This should setup an interesting conference championship game as both teams have high powered offenses led by two stud QBs in Estes and Richardson. Both are heisman front runners and if both teams remain undefeated going into this one it will make the setting just like a national championship game.

Big 10

Who cares right? haha.

With Ohio States Coach Mason taking a leave of absence, the conference is in a major overhaul. Ohio St is 2-2 in the conference and will likely break their streak of 4 straight Big10 titles. New power Penn St has taken over the conference lead and sits squarely atop with a 5-0 record thanks to coach AJ's great leadership. Penn St still has to go to Purdue, #13 Wisconsin and they host #18 MSU to end the season.

In second is a two way tie between the Badgers (4-1) and the Spartans (3-1). Wisconsin controls its destiny by getting Penn St at home next weekend but must beat the Illini and go on the road to Iowa sandwiched around the PSU game.

MSU is @ IU, Purdue, Minn, before going on the road to PSU to end Big 10 play.

Michigan currently sits at 3-2 in the conference and isn't quite eliminated just yet. They'll need to win out @IU and @ #12 OSU and get some help, but anything is possible.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Nice job with this..

It looks as if it's going to be the PSU/MSU game to prove the winner here. Hopefully the Spartans slip up so I don't have to worry about that though. It would have been nice of Shaun to stick around so JC would have had to play him but beating the Buckeyes with the old sliders is pretty impressive. [​IMG]

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

As usual, the Clemson/FSU game is the defacto Atlantic championship game.

Nice job gators.

4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

good stuff man,

yeah, I wish I could have got in here a tad earlier to play Masler. Maybe I could have tried and upset the powerful Crimson Tide.

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha I wish I could have played Shaun too, but had he remained and beaten me the championship still would have probably been decided on our game at the end of the season. I'd have one loss, Shaun would have 1 loss, and you would be undefeated. If I win that then it's a 3 way tie for the big ten.

Still I'm actually glad that PSU is a user now. Gives me a fun end of the season rivalry game every year with Championship implications.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah that lost to Auburn was the killer for me. Freakin CPU BS.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I highly doubt I get through these next 4 ACC games undefeated. VaTech has no users on their schedule so I think its theirs to lose. Wouldnt surprise me to be sitting at 7-5 when its all said and done with the Cavs...still should get a bowl bid though!

8. dakota7

With last night's win against Clemson, Florida State has clinched the Atlantic crown and a spot in the ACC title game.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

With Virginia Tech's lose last week and Virginia's win against Georgia Tech, the Cavaliers are now in control of their own destiny in the ACC Coastal. Win out (against VT and Miami) and they earn a trip to the ACC CG!

10. GoGators

Wow, FSU vs Virginia for the ACC championship.....that might fill the stadium to 50% capacity.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

lol, it's on

13. GoGators

LMAO....

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Don't laugh at my grandma!

15. dakota7

Fixed it for you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

LMAO

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

She is pretty hot

18. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

she's got a little oriental look going on there...not bad.